Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Search For Birth Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Search For Birth Parents (961 Views)

Best For Birth Control. 100% Effective. (photo) / The Need For Birth Control And Proper Upbringing Of Children / Search For My Biological Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Search For Birth Parents by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
I know this is a long shot but who knows am looking for my birth parents , was abandoned in 1977 in Ibadan Oyo state but was adopted by the best parents one could ever have. The only thing I know was I was abandoned at birth so there is no record what so ever of my birth parents ,but who know this might strike a cord with some one
Thanks
Re: Search For Birth Parents by wrench: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
How do u intend to achieve that?
Re: Search For Birth Parents by ammyluv2002(f): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sorry, what's the title of this movie?
Re: Search For Birth Parents by pickabeau1: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
Who signed your birth certificate

How old were you when you were abandoned
Re: Search For Birth Parents by Ninapha(f): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pls, is there any particular reason why u must contact ur biological parents?

2 Likes

Re: Search For Birth Parents by tpia5: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
wonders of nairaland.
Re: Search For Birth Parents by tpia5: 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Search For Birth Parents by soulglo: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
You have to give more detail. Where did they leave you? Who lived in the area at the time? Start with your parents? How exactly did they find you? Good luck.
Re: Search For Birth Parents by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
yikelin: I know this is a long shot but who knows am looking for my birth parents , was abandoned in 1977 in Ibadan Oyo state but was adopted by the best parents one could ever have. The only thing I know was I was abandoned at birth so there is no record what so ever of my birth parents ,but who know this might strike a cord with some one
Thanks

What did you mean by 'abandoned'

Did they leave you in the streets, dustbin of someone's doorstep?

If they gave you up for adoption then it's unfair to say they 'abandoned' you . . . . don't you think undecided
Re: Search For Birth Parents by greatgod2012(f): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
@op, according to your words, your adopted parents are the best parents one can have in this life, what else do you want and what do you want them for, do you prefer those who abandoned you to those who have shown you love through out.

Do you know that if your adopted parents get to read this from you, they will feel bad and dissapointed and unappreciated.
May God give you the wisdom to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Search For Birth Parents by soulglo: 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, according to your words, your adopted parents are the best parents one can have in this life, what else do you want and what do you want them for, do you prefer those who abandoned you to those who have shown you love through out.

Do you know that if your adopted parents get to read this from you, they will feel bad and dissapointed and unappreciated.
May God give you the wisdom to do the right thing.

Good and loving parents would want their child to have closure. I am pretty sure that they would not hold it against her. I don't know why you are trying to guilt her into abandoning her quest to find her birth parents or why you even think that she is insinuating that her adoptive parents are not good enough. People who were lost to slavery generations ago want to trace their ancestry. Many cry when they finally realize where they originated from. These are people that never left the country they were born. It still means much. How much more someone who might actually have their biological parents walking the surface of the earth. They might even have other biological siblings. She knows who are real parents are and I am sure she loves them. She just wants to find the biological ones to tie loose ends.

1 Like

Re: Search For Birth Parents by greatgod2012(f): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
soul_glo:

Good and loving parents would want their child to have closure. I am pretty sure that they would not hold it against her. I don't know why you are trying to guilt her into abandoning her quest to find her birth parents or why you even think that she is insinuating that her adoptive parents are not good enough. People who were lost to slavery generations ago want to trace their ancestry. Many cry when they finally realize where they originated from. These are people that never left the country they were born. It still means much. How much more someone who might actually have their biological parents walking the surface of the earth. They might even have other biological siblings. She knows who are real parents are and I am sure she loves them. She just wants to find the biological ones to tie loose ends.

IMO, it would have been so, if she had discussed it with her adopted parents, if she hadnt, and shes writing this, if they later find out, they will feel bad.

Another angle is, how are we sure she wasnt given up for adoption for this her adpted parents, if thats what happened, and shes writing this, without informing them and they later find out, they will as well feel bad.

In her own words, she said she was "abandoned", if i were the op, i will let sleeping dg lie and show my appreciation to those who appreciate my life.
Notwithstanding, im aint opposing the fact that "blood is thicker than water" but not only blood makes a family.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Search For Birth Parents by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
There is nothing wrong in looking for ones birth parents even my adoptive parents are behind me with this. So if you have nothing constructive to say then reserve your comments to those who know how one could go about it
Re: Search For Birth Parents by Ninapha(f): 6:03am On Oct 10, 2013
yikelin: There is nothing wrong in looking for ones birth parents even my adoptive parents are behind me with this. So if you have nothing constructive to say then reserve your comments to those who know how one could go about it
. He is being objective dear. All u needed do is to put more light on ur abandonment. No one wd literarily support search for parents who 'abandoned' their blood intentionally. Now how do we help when we dont know jack abt the situation. Where, when, and how u were picked/adopted.

Clearer description wd be of greater assistance.

(1) (Reply)

Ngbishi Christain Mothers Cry Out: Our Sons Are Molesting Us! / Perfect Wife ; Myth Or Reality / What It Means To Be A Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.