Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,527 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Search For My Biological Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Search For My Biological Father (4141 Views)

"I Started Having Sex With My Daughter Because I'm Not Her Biological Father" / I Tracked Down My Biological Father But He Raped Me(A True Life Story) / How Do I Find My Biological Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
I was raised in Louisiana by my grandmother in a little town called Grambling, I met my mom for the first time when I was 17 and Every time i ask

her about my father she refuses to tell me. My Dad I found out is from Igbo land and since I was 25 I have been looking for my family in Nigeria,

I know he is from Owerri, and I found out recently my name is Ngozi which happens to be igbo, Please is there anyone out there who can lead me

on the right path to a long search to find my biological father and family?

Thank you for your time and may god continue to bless each and everyone of you,
Re: Search For My Biological Father by invisible2(m): 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
It will be of immense help if you gather more details about your dad. His real name and the town or village in Owerri is required. Then you can pay a visit to probe further or pay someone to pursue the leads. Another important stuff is his picture, this will juggle the memory of people from that area.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2010
Thank you
invisible!:

It will be of immense help if you gather more details about your dad. His real name and the town or village in Owerri is required. Then you can pay a visit to probe further or pay someone to pursue the leads. Another important stuff is his picture, this will juggle the memory of people from that area.

Thank you so much for your help it means the world to me, I went to Nigeria last year but turned up no leads, I know his last name Iwunnah,

I have no pictures of my father, I know I have an Aunt name Ngozi whom I was named after.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by invisible2(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
Did you find any famillies with that surname? Not only in Owerri but surrounding towns.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 2:31am On Oct 07, 2010
invisible!:

Did you find any famillies with that surname? Not only in Owerri but surrounding towns.

I didn't try surrounding areas, but I will be taking a trip in November to Nigeria thank you for your coroperation its much needed and much

appreciated.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 4:52am On Oct 07, 2010
kayla_79:

I was raised in Louisiana by my grandmother in a little town called Grambling, I met my mom for the first time when I was 17 and Every time i ask

her about my father she refuses to tell me. My Dad I found out is from Igbo land and since I was 25 I have been looking for my family in Nigeria,

I know he is from Owerri, and I found out recently my name is Ngozi which happens to be igbo,  Please is there anyone out there who can lead me

Lmfao, hmmm ok not to be rude or anything but this sounds almost like the exact same story that Stacie Scott Turner from "The Real Housewives of D.C." She told almost the exact same story that you're telling >>> http://209.81.89.10/the-real-housewives-of-dc/season-1/videos/stacies-birth-father & http://stacieturner.com/blog/2010/10/03/episode-8-no-stones-left-un-turned/ I'll post the full episode online when they have it up on the Bravo website. I saw the 8th episode over the weekend. It was the episode where Stacie met with the Nigerian woman, Stella and they discussed finding her birth father. Almost all of the things you stated from the village where the father is from to the Igbo name is the same thing Stacie said.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by bkbabe97y(m): 5:32am On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Lmfao, hmmm ok not to be rude or anything but this sounds almost like the exact same story that Stacie Scott Turner from "The Real Housewives of D.C." She told almost the exact same story that you're telling >>> http://209.81.89.10/the-real-housewives-of-dc/season-1/videos/stacies-birth-father & http://stacieturner.com/blog/2010/10/03/episode-8-no-stones-left-un-turned/ I'll post the full episode online when they have it up on the Bravo website. I saw the 8th episode over the weekend. It was the episode where Stacie met with the Nigerian woman, Stella and they discussed finding her birth father. Almost all of the things you stated from the village where the father is from to the Igbo name is the same thing Stacie said.

Inked Nerd the detective, u go girl!
Re: Search For My Biological Father by Sissy3(f): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

hmmm. . . .

Good luck OP
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Do you know me ?or my life ? you have no Idea what I am going through,, I have no clue as to who stacy is but if she is

on the quest to learn her idenity than gud luck to her, so if you can't be of assistance don't bother responding ok!!!
Re: Search For My Biological Father by ifyalways(f): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
kayla_79:

I know he is from Owerri, and I found out recently my name is Ngozi which happens to be igbo,  Please is there anyone out there who can lead me

Do u know for sure that he is from Owerri or better still,how/who told u your dad is from Owerri?
If you are sure hes from Owerri and his last name is Iwunnah then you stand a 70% chance of meeting him.
Where did your mum meet your dad?what was he doing then? u dont have to answer that here
If u have the above infor and get to Owerri,ask for the kings Place and state your case b4 him.
Having a pic of him wud help.Be careful of the infor u spill on net whilist searching,[s]someone might use them and try to impersonate your dad[/s]  undecided
BTWN,u really dont have to travel down yet,there in Loiusiana,i believe u wud get an Igbo meeting/group/Families,see if telling them first wud help.We igbos always have ways of linking up esp when abroad.
Goodluck
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
kayla_79:

Do you know me ?or my life ? you have no Idea what I am going through,, I have no clue as to who stacy is but if she is

on the quest to learn her idenity than gud luck to her,  so if you can't be of assistance don't bother responding ok!!!

No, I do not know who you are nor do I know what it is that your going through. Perhaps if you'd looked through the Stacie Scott Turner's blog that I posted then perhaps you would have seen that there is there is a program she said she was using to find her father so stop acting as though I've done something to you. Is it my fault that there's is an uncanny resemblance in the your supposed story?!?! Anyone who had seen that episode or watches the show could have easily made that connection. Its not like I'm the only person that watches that show. Its a nation wide show for goodness sakes. Had I not said it, someone else would. If it really bothered you that much then you'd use try to use the program or a program similar to that or try to use the same methods that she [Stacie Scott Turner] used/is using in order to find this father that you say you have.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No, I do not know who you are nor do I know what it is that your going through. Perhaps if you'd looked through the Stacie Scott Turner's blog that I posted then perhaps you would have seen that there is there is a program she said she was using to find her father so stop acting as though I've done something to you. Is it my fault that there's is an uncanny resemblance in the your supposed story?!?! Anyone who had seen that episode or watches the show could have easily made that connection. Its not like I'm the only person that watches that show. Its a nation wide show for goodness sakes. Had I not said it, someone else would. If it really bothered you that much then you'd use try to use the program or a program similar to that or try to use the same methods that she [Stacie Scott Turner] used in order to find this father that you say you have.

Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No, I do not know who you are nor do I know what it is that your going through. Perhaps if you'd looked through the Stacie Scott Turner's blog that I posted then perhaps you would have seen that there is there is a program she said she was using to find her father so stop acting as though I've done something to you. Is it my fault that there's is an uncanny resemblance in the your supposed story?!?! Anyone who had seen that episode or watches the show could have easily made that connection. Its not like I'm the only person that watches that show. Its a nation wide show for goodness sakes. Had I not said it, someone else would. If it really bothered you that much then you'd use try to use the program or a program similar to that or try to use the same methods that she [Stacie Scott Turner] used in order to find this father that you say you have.

I said I'm from Louisiana and not D.C, I said if you can't be of assistance don't bother replying!!!! I guess you failed to read that part as well!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2010
kayla_79:

I said I'm from Louisiana and not D.C, I said if you can't be of assistance don't bother replying!!!! I guess you failed to read that part as well!!!!!!!!!!

No, I did not fail to read that part. Like I said, I NOTICED the similarities in the two stories. Did I at any point in time say that it was the exact story? No. Go back and re-read what I wrote, not once did I say that it was the same story or that the stories are one in the same. The keyword here is SIMILAR not EXACT. Anyone could have noticed the connection.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No, I did not fail to read that part. Like I said, I NOTICED the similarities in the two stories. Did I at any point in time say that it was the exact story? No. Go back and re-read what I wrote, not once did I say that it was the same story or that the stories are one in the same. The keyword here is SIMILAR not EXACT. Anyone could have noticed the connection.

I am not here to argue with you are anyone else, but simply here to find someone who could be of assistance to me and that's all,, I am far to old to

be arguing and entertaining childish behavior here,  But I will simply take the advice thank you and blessings,  Stacy Turner is stacy turner and Kayla Iwunnah are 2 different people
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ummm, you might wanna remove your name from this site. Its not a good idea to post it here undecided. Look, I didn't mean any harm but someone else would have made the connection as well. As a matter of fact, my sister's friend [non-Nigerian] called me this morning and pointed it out when she saw your post. Anyway, whatever your story is, try to use the program and methods that Stacie's using. Might wanna watch the episode if you think it would help.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
ifyalways:

Do u know for sure that he is from Owerri or better still,how/who told u your dad is from Owerri?
If you are sure hes from Owerri and his last name is Iwunnah then you stand a 70% chance of meeting him.
Where did your mum meet your dad?what was he doing then? u dont have to answer that here
If u have the above infor and get to Owerri,ask for the kings Place and state your case b4 him.
Having a pic of him wud help.Be careful of the infor u spill on net whilist searching,[s]someone might use them and try to impersonate your dad[/s] undecided
BTWN,u really dont have to travel down yet,there in Loiusiana,i believe u wud get an Igbo meeting/group/Families,see if telling them first wud help.We igbos always have ways of linking up esp when abroad.
Goodluck

My mom and dad meet At LTU in Louisiana, And i was told my mom tried contacting him to let him know she was pregnant but was told he travel

back to Nigeria. I recieved the little info that I do have from my great-aunt !! Thank you so much for your help and it's greatly appreciated thanks!!! But I will take you advice and ask around thanks!!!
Re: Search For My Biological Father by Hauwa1: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2010
are you one of those ladies in THE REAL WIVES OF DC reality show on tv?

sometime last week, i was bored and just kept changing channel until i saw this reality show with one of the cast looking for her dad. She met a nigerian lady from the Nig embassy who is helping her to search for her father i think. the lady told her Ngozi is her Igbo name. I hope you find him wink

kayla_79:

I know he is from Owerri, and I found out recently my name is Ngozi which happens to be igbo, Please is there anyone out there who can lead me

Re: Search For My Biological Father by Hauwa1: 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
opps!!!! didn't get to read everything before,
Inked, you did watch it too?

well, goodluck lady.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
*Hauwa*:

opps!!!! didn't get to read everything before,
Inked, you did watch it too?

well, goodluck lady.

Yes, I did watch the episode. It was nice, felt bad for Stacie. Can't imagine why her mom was being so stubborn wink.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by realluv1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No, I do not know who you are nor do I know what it is that your going through. Perhaps if you'd looked through the Stacie Scott Turner's blog that I posted then perhaps you would have seen that there is there is a program she said she was using to find her father so stop acting as though I've done something to you. Is it my fault that there's is an uncanny resemblance in the your supposed story?!?! Anyone who had seen that episode or watches the show could have easily made that connection. Its not like I'm the only person that watches that show. Its a nation wide show for goodness sakes. Had I not said it, someone else would. If it really bothered you that much then you'd use try to use the program or a program similar to that or try to use the same methods that she [Stacie Scott Turner] used/is using in order to find this father that you say you have.

I am completely baffled at how negative some people are on this site and how childish most behave here, She is simply looking for her father and I feel there is nothing wrong with that, If some of you were in her position you would be doing the same. I watched the show and while yes some of the info sounds the same but how ever I don't feel it is the same,and why would someone be asking the public to help locate her father? think people think!!! Well Kayla I wish you all the best in the search of finding your father my wife's father is from Ghana and we recently met him there after searching for him 4 years don't mind these rude people, But simply take the advice of Ify, I am also Igbo and we found my in-law through the Ghanaian embassy if your father is in Owerri you will definitely find him. don't stress yourself this happens all the time believe it are not, at least you want to know who you are not everyone does especially in America here. So good luck my sister and don't mind these negative and rude people Ngozi is Common Igbo name,

Afam
Re: Search For My Biological Father by realluv1(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
Oh yeah,, Kayla my wife's also from Louisiana people from there NW La, are very,very good and have similar culture to Africa and omg can you

people cook Southern women Na WA ooooooooooo!!
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
real_luv:

I am completely baffled at how negative some people are on this site and how childish most behave here, She is simply looking for her father and I feel there is nothing wrong with that, If some of you were in her position you would be doing the same. I watched the show and while yes some of the info sounds the same but how ever I don't feel it is the same,and why would someone be asking the public to help locate her father? think people think!!! Well Kayla I wish you all the best in the search of finding your father my wife's father is from Ghana and we recently met him there after searching for him 4 years don't mind these rude people, But simply take the advice of Ify, I am also Igbo and we found my in-law through the Ghanaian embassy if your father is in Owerri you will definitely find him. don't stress yourself this happens all the time believe it are not, at least you want to know who you are not everyone does especially in America here. So good luck my sister and don't mind these negative and rude people Ngozi is Common Igbo name,

Afam

Once again, it wasn't a negative attack. I wasn't the only person that noticed it. I have friends and acquaintances who frequent NL as well and they all said the same thing when they saw the thread. Besides, I did mention that she should use the same methods as the woman that I mentioned in the thread. The woman in the link in the blog has information about how she's searching for her father, so she [kayla_79] could easily use it as well. Like I said, I didn't mean any harm but its not like other people didn't see the connection or similarity.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by Yorisb: 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2010
Detectives are already on this case - It isnt gonna turn out wella seemingly. undecided
Re: Search For My Biological Father by realluv1(m): 3:33am On Oct 09, 2010
Yorisb:

Detectives are already on this case - It isnt gonna turn out wella seemingly. undecided

How would you know are you a detective well lets wait and see Kayla let me know how it turns out and if you need my assistance please feel
free to let me know ok, If my wife could find her father I know you can, her case is also similar to yours and she had little to know info just the
name of the school he attended here in the States.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 2:50am On Oct 10, 2010
kayla_79, I would like to apologize for the way that I came off with my post(s). I didn't mean to come across is such a manner. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. If you don't wanna accept my apology, I understand. If I can find any sort of information that help you in your journey, I will be sure to let you know. I wish you lots of luck in your search for your father. Once again, I'm very sorry for my behavior embarassed cry
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

kayla_79, I would like to apologize for the way that I came off with my post(s). I didn't mean to come across is such a manner. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. If you don't I understand. If I can find any sort of information that help you in your journey, I will be sure to let you know. I wish you lots of luck in your search for your father. Once again, I'm very sorry for my behavior embarassed cry

Thank you Inked_Nerd and I have the utmost respect for you it takes a big person with a big heart to apologize to someone and your apology

is heartfelt and accepted. I am deeply grateful for all the help of everyone on Niaraland In the search for my dad. With the help of my Mom we are

inching closer to finding him. So once again thank all of you for your help and support its deeply appreciated!!! luv and blessings to all. smiley
Re: Search For My Biological Father by tpiah: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
i saw a website sometime ago which was devoted exclusively to eastern europeans searching for their nigerian or was it african fathers.

cant recall the name but i browsed it a little bit. Had a large membership too, i think.

dont know if there's a similar one for other countries.
Re: Search For My Biological Father by InkedNerd(f): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
kayla_79:

Thank you Inked_Nerd and I have the utmost respect for you it takes a big person with a big heart to apologize to someone and your apology

is heartfelt and accepted. I am deeply grateful for all the help of everyone on Niaraland In the search for my dad. With the help of my Mom we are

inching closer to finding him. So once again thank all of you for your help and support its deeply appreciated!!! luv and blessings to all. smiley

Thank you for accepting my apology. I will be on the lookout for info on how to help you in your search. Stay strong and take care wink
Re: Search For My Biological Father by dayokanu(m): 4:09am On Oct 15, 2010
Have you tried searching that last name on facebook or something and try to be friends with anyone with that last name.

Inquire if they are from Owerri and if they might know any man who was in the US like 30yrs ago.

You never can tell cos that last name isnt that common though I am not igbo
Re: Search For My Biological Father by kayla79(f): 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2010
I have good news I found my dad,, and OMG do I look like him!!!! I have always wondered why everyone in my family was dark except me now I

know. My father resides in Anambra and I have 4 siblings 3 brothers and A sister, This has absolutely changed my life and I couldn't be happier

what a blessing this is and a honour, My dad will be coming to Houston in 3 weeks time thank you Niaraland!!!!! He however is now looking forward

to the day I will marry an Igbo man lol, This is truly a joyous time in my life and I am giving thanks and praise to God , and to Niaraland kiss
Re: Search For My Biological Father by tpiah: 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2010
only took about 2 weeks.

interesting.

and what's all this dark/light stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 Karwa Chauth SMS Greetings Cards For Husband-wife Girlfriend-boyfriend / Powerful Mobile Air Conditioners Available For Your Homes / Apostolic Church Wedding Rules...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.