Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

What’s Your Selling Point? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s Your Selling Point? (773 Views)

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You / What Does "Selling Point" Mean To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Your Selling Point? by BelleofNaija: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
Taken from ijescorner - http://ijescorner.tumblr.com/

A few weeks ago I was enthralled in a conversation with my cousin and sister. And this topic popped up.

“my selling point is my boobs” my cousin replied

“and your selling point aunty Ngozi is your bum” at which point they both laughed and then all eyes were on me

“what’s your selling point Ije?” for a while I hesitated not because I couldn’t find anything nice to say about myself, but it was more that I needed to pinpoint the extra factor that makes me unique.

“my smile” I replied eventually, at which they both gave each other curious looks.

“oh come on…” my cousin was pushing for more

“ok fine, I guess my selling point is my energy” I added

By now they were both getting annoyed as if I was not trying to participate in the conversation. But the honest truth is my selling point is my energy and my youthfulness.

I may not have the biggest breast, or biggest bum, or the longest legs. But I can definitely carry the cup for ‘youthfulness’. In a country where bigger is better, I can live with what I have.

With over 7.1 billion people in the world, we may at times feel lost in translation. And begin to look at others for what we think they have. But we must also look at the good in us, there’s something special you have that they do not. In each of us there is that thing that makes us unique from anyone else.

It does not have to be a physical attribute; it could be your character, your brain, your creativity.

Task of the day: I challenge you to take 5 minutes out of today and write a list of your 5 best qualities. Then rank them in order of 1-5. 1 being the best of the best!

Here’s my list

Energy
Youthfulness
Smile
Good listener
Optimist
(sneaky number 6. Good with words)

Have an amazing day

Ije

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Selling Point? by bellong: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
From this gist, now I have a perfect understanding of what some women think of themselves.... bums, boobs, legs, front, back, under and upper are their selling points..... What a way to sell... I wish them good market... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Selling Point? by pickabeau1: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
♫♫♫♫ You want my goody bag
whats your selling point
Identify your selling point
♫♫♫♫

grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqta65DY-uc
Re: What’s Your Selling Point? by ndukwejoe(m): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
that means my selling point is my readiness to assist someone.
Re: What’s Your Selling Point? by BelleofNaija: 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
perhaps it should have been titled "what's your best feature?" LOL

@ndukwejoe - when did you last help someone? And how did they repay you?

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Fast Loans Without Tears / Your View: Parent/child Relationship Turned Teacher/student; Boss/subordinate / Whitney Houston's Daughter Found Unconcious In Bathtub.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.