Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number (58533 Views)

Authorisation To Cover Your Plate Number / Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Btruth: 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
jude33084: The Federal Road Safety has announced the website to check if the new number plate allocated to us is genuine or Fake

The site is www.nvisng.org cool

Open the site and click the top right corner " Verify Number Plate"

I just check mine but it shown Wrong number plate/Invalid

Is the site working fine or it is my plate number that is fake as shown on the website?

Please I need your Help on this.

It depends on how/where you got your plate number from. If you got it from the right source, then relax your mind,.... Even the FRSC too could b e fake, talk less of their website.

A beg go enjoy your Salah holiday.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by kunlej2: 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
if yours shows wrong/invalid number plate. there in no cause for alarm as majority of the cleared plates were registered last year. as an experienced transport officer here are some clues to identify a genuine number plates. 1. genuine plates are glossy. 2. it has a defined images not blur images of the three major tribes in Nigeria. 3. it is reflective especially at night. 4. it has a defined Zuma rock shape on it. let me stop here for some security reasons. please make sure you register at accredited centres and beware of touts who usually hang around frsc /internal revenue offices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Decryptor(m): 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
You should all have one thing in mind...the website is new and they are still trying to upload numerous plates so if yours has not been uploaded yet, you could see the message that it is not genuine.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by wola44: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
I am still using the old plate new, when I
enter AA556AAA shown invaild but when I change it to AAA556AA shown Number Plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned camry.
Is the old number still valid on FRSC website ?
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Decryptor(m): 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
The guys who are uploading the data should get their facts right! They are just making a fool of the whole exercise by producing wrong information. I just checked my neighbor's number plate and this was displayed,...
"Number plate has been produced by FRSC and
assigned to honda accord on Nov 18 2011
12:00AM"

But my neighbor drives a Camry pencil mouth and he bought the car just late last year!

Nigeria and their "wanna-be-like-yankee" way of doing things! This kind of data error could put someone in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by deeptesting(m): 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Toyota Camry on Mar 31 2012 12:00PM
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by temodent(m): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Relax your nerves man, I just checked and got the same result invalid plate number but on instinct I decided to do a kind of test run, my number ends with BJ so I now ran my number but instead of BJ I used BE and did that up to BH but discovered up to BF the numbers are still valid but after that as in from BH it's invalid, leading me to only one conclusion they are not through with uploading all the numbers for my series they stoped at BF so I hope as time goes on they are going to reach BJ so for now I'm not botheres.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by tnktosin(m): 11:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
All my three number plates are invalid grin grin
I guess its just a test run. Naija no dey carry last.

Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by chelseabmw(m): 12:20am On Oct 15, 2013
Number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to TOYOTA AVALON 2009 on 7/13/2013
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by ChildofChukwu(m): 12:59am On Oct 15, 2013
Naija... smh! lipsrsealed
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by KayCyrils(m): 2:11am On Oct 15, 2013
hope there punishment for anyone that gets someone a fake number plate
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by dante23: 7:57am On Oct 15, 2013
Fellow nigerians, i dearly ask you not to be worried if you have got WRONG/INVALID PLATES. I checked mine in august for a plate i got in june, it said it was wrong/invalid but now it is saying it has been produced but not yet assigned. The person responsible for updating this data must be on the "national delegation" entourage. May he not enter the wrong flight but he seems to be the 2nd slowest living nigerian.
ALL WILL BE WELL. By the way, This rain shall not hinder the MEATING!!!!

1 Like

Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by GoodNigerian: 8:12am On Oct 15, 2013
dante23: Fellow nigerians, i dearly ask you not to be worried if you have got WRONG/INVALID PLATES. I checked mine in august for a plate i got in june, it said it was wrong/invalid but now it is saying it has been produced but not yet assigned. The person responsible for updating this data must be on the "national delegation" entourage. May he not enter the wrong flight but he seems to be the 2nd slowest living nigerian.
ALL WILL BE WELL. By the way, This rain shall not hinder the MEATING!!!!

What if it's someone else that has been assigned your precious number and you are there jubilating. CHAI ! I'm going there to verify ASAP.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by chucky234(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2013
If you get the "not assigned to any vehicle" response then your registeration was not updated into the system by the agent who handled the registration.
Some licensing agents delibrately avoid updating the info into the system in order not to submit the full money to the office at the end of working hours,its normal runs among licensing agents,though the number plates are genuine except when handled by touts.
Registeration info keyed into FRSC system are updated to their data base immediately,
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by dante23: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2013
Good Nigerian:

What if it's someone else that has been assigned your precious number and you are there jubilating. CHAI ! I'm going there to verify ASAP.

LOL! i got my sms though, so i can only hope all these officials fasten their seat belts and hurry with the updates
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by fyneguy: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2013
Number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to[b] BOEING 747[/b] on May 8 2012 3:00AM

grin
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Slyjay1(m): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2013
Mine is been assigned to another car. Hope i'm not in for a big mess? I have tried every possible means but it still shows d same fin. I called d agent dat did it for me and he said its nothing. he said dat i have no problem.

Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Pattey(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2013
Sly-jay:
Mine is been assigned to another car. Hope i'm not in for a big mess? I have tried every possible means but it still shows d same fin. I called d agent dat did it for me and he said its nothing. he said dat i have no problem.

Your number is assigned to another car and your agent says its nothing & you have no problem grin grin grin . . . And you accept that? Like seriously ?!!? cheesy

Issorait

2 Likes

Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
This is a great move! If Nigerians won't frustrate it again!

Still using old plate number anyway! Till next year when I will bother to get a new one. Ciao grin
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by QueenUJ(f): 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mine says number plate has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assigned to any vehicle. Wat is d next step
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by bayour80: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
JUST CHECKED MINE,VALID,TANX
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by IYANGBALI: 6:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
jude33084:

I did it but it is the same result,.....when I called the guy that did it at their Ido office, he was even shouting on phone that I will be arrested for calling a genuine plate number invalid. I could not meet him today because of my job.

I will take a day off on Friday to visit him in his office because I will want to be arrested angry for finding out on FRSC website that the number plate issued to me is fake angry
you don enter one chance
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Militaryzone(m): 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
I believed dis website is for only those using Lagos plate nos. I just try it with many Osun nos and they all said invalid plate no. Then I call a VIO officer to confirm, he then say it should be for only Lagos nos. That Osun code is yet to come out, but I believe this code should be universal. For all states.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by samejura(m): 10:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
I just checked mine from ebbing state and its ok, valid & the car specification correct.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Slyjay1(m): 1:08am On Oct 16, 2013
Militaryzone: I believed dis website is for only those using Lagos plate nos. I just try it with many Osun nos and they all said invalid plate no. Then I call a VIO officer to confirm, he then say it should be for only Lagos nos. That Osun code is yet to come out, but I believe this code should be universal. For all states.

Mine is Abuja number
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Slyjay1(m): 1:10am On Oct 16, 2013
Pattey:

Your number is assigned to another car and your agent says its nothing & you have no problem grin grin grin . . . And you accept that? Like seriously ?!!? cheesy

Issorait

He said it was a mistake from them and nothing can be done abot it. He said that i can give it a try. I will try and visit their office by tomorrow to know whats up.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by Pattey(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Sly-jay:

He said it was a mistake from them and nothing can be done abot it. He said that i can give it a try. I will try and visit their office by tomorrow to know whats up.

Please do cos if you should have any encounter with law enforcement thieves, nobody will hear how FRSC "made" the error Ooo
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by morenath(m): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2013
Even a car I registered a year ago self not yet assign to any vehicle................d website na wash
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by austentero: 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
thanks so much for the information. Is there any site for verification of new drivers lincence? Road safety men has dealt with me once claiming my licence is fake. I got the licence from Road safety office.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by jude33084(m): 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Its not true.
Militaryzone: I believed dis website is for only those using Lagos plate nos. I just try it with many Osun nos and they all said invalid plate no. Then I call a VIO officer to confirm, he then say it should be for only Lagos nos. That Osun code is yet to come out, but I believe this code should be universal. For all states.
Re: Check The Authenticity Of Your Plate Number by jude33084(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
cool https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
austentero: thanks so much for the information. Is there any site for verification of new drivers lincence? Road safety men has dealt with me once claiming my licence is fake. I got the licence from Road safety office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria / N360 Million 2018 Rolls Royce Phantom Arrives Nigeria (photos & Video) / 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.