Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting (10000 Views)

Dangote To Build Cement Factory In Adamawa, Over 10,000 Jobs To Be Created / Dangote To Invest N500bn In Two 550km Gas Pipeline / Dangote To Invest $12 Billion In Nigerian Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by BrAkingNews: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2013

President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote has been appointed to co-chair 2014 World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos-Kloster, Switzerland.

The Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum, Prof. Klaus Schwab in his invitation letter to the business mogul, said Aliko Dangote’s participation as co-chair will contribute significantly to the substance and relevance of exchanges between global leaders from government, business, academia, civil society, and the media at the forum.

The theme for the 2014 annual forum scheduled to hold from January 22, 2014 to January 25, 2014 is “The Reshaping of the World: Consequences for Society, Politics, and Business” and it aims to “develop insights, initiatives and actions necessary to respond to current and emerging global challenges.”

In a same vein, Aliko Dangote was recently appointed to the steering committee of the United Nation Global Education First Initiative, a five-year global advocacy initiative, sponsored by Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon, to make a sustainable impact on lives of children and youth through education and push to achieve internationally-agreed education goals set for 2015.

In the Secretary-General’s own words, “when we put Education First, we can reduce poverty and hunger, end wasted potential – and look forward to stronger and better societies for all.”

The three priorities of Education First are: putting every child into school; improving the quality of learning and fostering global citizenship.

http://www.newsinigeria..com

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by hammedkola(m): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good of him, the pride of Africa

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by bigtt76(f): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
I hope Shekau is reading this ...Boko is not always Haram o! Here's one of his people chairing world intellectual gathering brainstorming ....Shekau de there de chair gathering of mumu losers de bombstorming! grin grin grin #differentstrokes

23 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by hammedkola(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
bigtt76: I hope Shekau is reading this ...Boko is not always Haram o! Here's one of his people chairing world intellectual gathering brainstorming ....Shekau de there de chair gathering of mumu losers de bombstorming! grin grin grin #differentstrokes

Someone gat to be the good guy and another person be the bad guy
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Lionbite(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mr. Dangote abeg we students know say you be Boss. Pls for God sake help us pay the 3 Trillion Fg owe ASUU. If you dont do it. I dey go Ghana be dat o becos with the one all of you are doing, hin be like say na 2020 i go graduate

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
This is me in 20 years time.

9 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Pretyangel25(f): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good for him
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by sholay2011(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hmmm....one day, it would be me. cool

Congrats Dangote, our pride.
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
That is the man of the people. The pride of Africa... even tho he is chopping the money via magomago sometimes, his good deeds has far far left GEJ agenda in the rain.

How I wish other Nigerian billionaires can act like him... like a role model...
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by luvlyoracle(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
#sighs

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by BabaAlabi: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
This man is a thief. He should bring down the price of cement instead of fleecing the poor and adding to his billions.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by everyday: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
See what fame and fortune can do to a man

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by felzylix(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
ASUU has given me pretty gud chance 2 drop out, let me try mayb 1day m gonna end up lyk bill gates, n bench dis ABOKI... :mtcheeew:
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by omonnakoda: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ibo man doing great things!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
ledafaze: That is the man of the people. The pride of Africa... even tho he is chopping the money via magomago sometimes, his good deeds has far far left GEJ agenda in the rain.

How I wish other Nigerian billionaires can act like him... like a role model...

Word. The man is definitely a worthy role model and an inspiration for the next generation of corporate business minded Nigerians - not one-trick pronies, who thrive on over-saturating the market with junk. His business-model is top-notch and I envy his achievements.

He made his money in Nigeria and he's one of the biggest employers of labour in the country - salute.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by realone2012: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
omonnakoda: Ibo man doing great things!
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by 50calibre(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
It makes perfect sense, he's the richest black man on the planet.
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by kevinkod(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=ledafaze]That is the man of the people. The pride of Africa... even tho he is chopping the money via magomago sometimes, his good deeds has far far left GEJ agenda in the rain.
[quote author=ledafaze]That is the man of the people. The pride of Africa... even tho he is chopping the money via magomago sometimes, his good deeds has far far left GEJ agenda in the rain.
Now u will tell me u make sense abi. Waitng con concern GEJ wit dis talk nw? Walahi u fall my hand!
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gud 4 him but he can do sometim to help ASUU strike na
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by swhiss: 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
hammedkola:

Someone gat to be the good guy and another person be the bad guy

u sound more like the bad guy

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by realone2012: 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
They wont talk about Islam now since its a GOOD THING that a Muslim from the North is doing. ONE WORD -----------------> HYPOCRITES!!

22 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by VirginFinder: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
This man ehn...
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by felzylix(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hmmm! Gud 4 him sha
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by biafranqueen: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
Africa has 55 billionaires, far more than previously thought, Nigeria-based Ventures financial magazine says.

They include three women - the mother of Kenya's president, a daughter of Angola's president and a Nigerian oil tycoon and fashion designer.

The richest man is Nigeria's Aliko Dangote, with a fortune of $20.2bn (£12.5bn), Ventures said.

The list is likely to reignite debate about inequality between rich and poor people in Africa, correspondents say.

In April, the World Bank said the number of people living in extreme poverty in Africa had risen in the past three decades from 205 million to 414 million.

Why so many new Billionaires but the masses are slipping deeper and deeper into Poverty that is going to be the hottest topic!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by VirginFinder: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
realone2012: They wont talk about Islam now since its a GOOD THING that a Muslim from the North is doing. ONE WORD ------------------> HYPOCRITES!!

Neither Aliko nor Dangote is a muslim name.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Fhemmmy: 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
He deserves it, coming from a dark nation and able to rise to where he is, kudos to him
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Aromas: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dangote to co-chair d world economic forum. This not a big deal 2 him n me also, because he has the charisma n inter-lecture 2 speak concern d world economic. Lemme use dis medium 2 appreciate our amiable former president Obasanjo 4 granting total permission 2 dos men who are committed 2 their job, people like Dangote has the full support of Baba in his back during his days in government. Why such a things won't comes his way when he(Dangote) did not misused the priority given 2 him then.
Sai Dangote burba maajayi,!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by snika: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
omonnakoda: Ibo man doing great things!
You have a poor sense of sarcasm.
And yes, Igbo(if that's what you mean) people are doing great things.
Checkout Orji Uzor Kalu (Naija's fourth richest) who was denied the building of refinary less than a year before it was awarded to Dangote who later said that favourable government decisions made him what he was (not the first time he's been saying it, though we already know).

Talk about tribalistic government and citizens.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
Fp
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by swhiss: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
mehn, money speaks!!

mine only says goodbye
sad
Re: Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
biafranqueen:

Why so many new Billionaires but the masses are slipping deeper and deeper into Poverty that is going to be the hottest topic!

The African masses on the whole are NOT ''slipping deeper and deeper into poverty''. Economic growth is on the up throughout Africa, and the numbers attaining middle class status are the fastest rising of any region in the world excluding China!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How can I Start Handbag And Fashion Accessory Business In Nigeria / Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink / Sanusi Incompetent To Manage CBN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.