Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Phcn Prepaid Meters -- Another Cheap Scam From Authorities - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Phcn Prepaid Meters -- Another Cheap Scam From Authorities (1180 Views)

Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter / Another Cheap Plots Of Land In A Fast Developing Estate( Femab In Shangotedo) / Lakowe Phase2 Estate Lekki:another Cheap Nairaland Hidden Treasure In An Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Prepaid Meters -- Another Cheap Scam From Authorities by kentosman(m): 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
My people,
I don't know if this is just happening only in my neighbourhood. Last year August, PHCN approached our area and replaced our Analogue meters with Prepaid meters. We were more than excited that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT's initiative to distribute power without recourse to Unfair pricing was yielding fruits. We however enjoyed the dividends but not for long as four months after the introduction the so called meters began developing faults and packing up.

Initially i thought that the people having problem with theirs was due to Load given to power in their household. But my dear NLs i was wrong as mine which has just few points with no heavy appliance like A/C started dancing the same Azonto since three months now. Have written PHCN to come and look at it but they only told us that this cannot be repaired but replaced with the one that costs 78000. Meanwhile this same meter was given to us free with the promise that a their fixed charges of 500 Naira will be deducted every month. When i requested that they return the old meter i had or reconnect me, they refused and maintained that i can only but replace the meter with the one they have or i should buy exactly the same one i have for 48000 naira.

my problem is not that i dont want to buy this one that i can afford but 6 out of the 8 people in my place that bought the same meter have theirs packed out and now they are connected without meter or have illegal connection. I was just wondering why will the contract for such an inferior quality and people are made to pay through their nose to enrich others. I am sure that i am not the only person passing through this wahala but many will swallow and move on but how long shall we be living like this? I keep wondering if we have anything like standard in this country anymore.
Re: Phcn Prepaid Meters -- Another Cheap Scam From Authorities by psucc(m): 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
Honestly, I don't know the Nigerian definition of deregulation. The prepaid meter should be a common product in the market and not patented. The government should spare us this palaver.

Anyway, OP you are just lucky o! Here, for over 5years now nothing like electricity even the local govt. headquaters, Odoro Ikpe, INI LGA, Akwa Ibom State.
Re: Phcn Prepaid Meters -- Another Cheap Scam From Authorities by kentosman(m): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
my brother, we live in a country where people are more like ruled and not led. May God bless Nigeria shaa

(1) (Reply)

2 Nos Of 5 Bedrm Fully Detached Duplex @ Agungi Lekki. / Lands Available For Sale @ Kolapo Ishola Estate,akobo,ibadan / FOR SALE 6flat of 2bedroom Flat@ Ketu, behind Sweet sensation, 25m, title R/S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.