Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,593 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter (23136 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast / What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sammily(m): 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
We have been using this prepaid meter (picture attached) in our family house in festac which we got since the time of NEPA. Its uses a smart card which we take to their office to load, and then insert the card into the meter to transfer the credit into it.

But since the introduction of the discos (EKO Electricity Distribution Coy), we have been unable to recharge the meter, they told us they don't have the machine to load the card again (as if it all just suddenly disappear with PHCN). We were advised to pay for a new prepaid meter again, which we did but to date they keep saying to meter.

Now the current meter is running out of credit (luckily the last recharge was large), that's why it could last this long, with the fact that they hardly give us power (light) here, and we've been strictly conserving it since.

Has anyone gone through or is going through similar problems with this Disco coy and is there a way one can still load/recharge the card for this prepaid meter?

PS; what is even the rational for telling us to pay for another prepaid meter when we paid for the last one, like it is my fault that they changed their name form NEPA to PHCH to Disco undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Kreamie(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Y'all should disconnect from the archaic prepaid meter and get power directly from the Supply and then make complaints to the district manager. I'm sure he'll have a solution.

4 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Weedcrusher: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Piss inside grin

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Factism(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2016
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sirklin(m): 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
How do I recharge my NITEL call card? The last recharge would soon finish.

Some people have issues sha!

Do you need fashola's number I heard he is the minister of power?

11 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
Why disturb yourself. ... call an electrician, remove the wires from the meter and connect directly. You won't pay anything for th next 6months except u want to

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by whocanbewho(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
Weedcrusher:
Piss inside grin
grin
Weedcrusher:
Piss inside grin
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by RealLordZeus(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
that's kinda hilarious
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by kushfc(m): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
Leave matter for Matthias
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by mytime24(f): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
Let mi call lala

#op

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
ehen
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by DeKen: 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
Guy if this is not resolved I think you should look at the possibility of suing.
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by naijamakossa(m): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
I smell pu*sy here
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by upko1: 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lol
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by obinna2nv(m): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
Whatever you do, do not Bypass, its illegal and when discovered you'll pay a bypass penalty plus loss of revenue. Here in PH, it can be up to 100k sanction! Since you've already paid for a new meter, when the old credit finishes, you can approach the Ekdc peeps for a legal bypass and reach an agreement how much you can be paying monthly pending when you meter is available.

20 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Okworigeorge(m): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
Same here in Abuja o... d idiots even disconnect our light
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Donpressman(m): 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
tobimillar:
Why disturb yourself. ... call an electrician, remove the wires from the meter and connect directly. You won't pay anything for th next 6months except u want to
A criminal datz what you are

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by davidhoop: 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
Post a picture of the card that you use to recharge. I may have someone who can help
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by IVORY2009(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
The Nigeria Matter is very worrisome, you mean you visited them @ their office and nothing tangible was recommended to that effect to help resolve the problem @ hand, this country called Nigeria, have a long way to go, if it is an advanced country, do you know u can sue, PHCH,DISCO watever they are called, consumer protection should step in, that is if they have not been compromised as well.

NB: they PHCN authority wants you to come and pay and get a new one, I guess, they are are meant to swap it for a new one, just like what DSTV multi choice does for it customers way back.

2 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Simplestone(f): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
I don't have answers to that,,sorry,,next person pls??
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Gombs(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
same here o..

the folks in the complaint unit aint helping sef... Ever felt like sacking all Federal/State government staff, who are more than 40 years old and without a degree?

sometimes, we bypass (connect directly), when they tire, they'd come recharge the meter.

They even had the effrontery to increase the tariff, when they can't help us credit the unit angry angry
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by BE811APP: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
Go to a Nepa or a DISCO office and ask na...

Nairaland don become Costumers service!
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Ekowise(m): 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
You guys will end up buyer another prepaid meter. This is NAIJA
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by A4JOE(m): 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2016

Bros don't attempt it ooo. If you are caught you will pay their penalty. Just seek their approval to connect direct to source or better still insist on a replacement while you pay loss of revenue.

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Eyop: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
Donpressman:
A criminal datz what you are

And how is he a criminal? Didn't you read where the OP mentioned paying for a new meter and non was delivered to him? So after exhausting his allocated Unit,he should remain in darkness?

4 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Rapsowdee01(m): 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
Buy mtn #2500 and thank me later
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by GistpluzNg: 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
lol..
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by lasunray(m): 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
I would have been able to direct you to the appropriate authority if it was IBEDC.
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by chigoizie7(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
So, these people doesn't know about illegal connection?

Thank NEPA is no longer owned by FG.

For my area, dem no de pay for any fvcking bill, just connect am direct from pole, if those yeye people begin come, dem go remove am. If u normally go out in the morning, remove your wires and lock it inside, come back in d evening and reconnect.

Those people just think they can fool us with their extravagant bills, we just showed them why we are Nigerians, let's see who is loosing and who is gaining.

OP, come, make I teach you how dem de take do the illegal thing.

3 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Iyoma2(f): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
Live the thrash for LAWMA n go for a new One. we are in era of change.
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Donpressman(m): 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Eyop:

And how is he a criminal? Didn't you read where the OP mentioned paying for a new meter and non was delivered to him? So after exhausting his allocated Unit,he should remain in darkness?
yes remaining in darkness is better than stealing
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Favolly(f): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
OP! So since 2005, you and your family members have been using one recharge that you claim to have bought in bulk?? Ole ni yin!!

Or was it in 2013 that PHCN was unbundled? Is that what you meant by since the time of NEPA? Either way, this is 2016 and it's not possible for that card not to have finished since if you've not been tapping directly from the source

So kindly quit being an hypocrite and keep tapping/stealing from the source until you get a new meter.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burning Building In Warri Today (Photos) / 3-Storey Building On Fire In Surulere, Lagos / Cost To Supervise A Foundation Of 2storey Building Of 6flats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.