Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,624 members, 7,813,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails (9037 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike: Mark, Suswam Seek Spiritual intervention / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Tunjasko(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2013
shachris: The church should not be used as a political tool.
How is the church used as a political tool?..Can you please explain?..I tire for sme pple o...*SMH*
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Efewestern: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2013
tobechi74: At least catholic has atteempted. What about protestant? What haas muslims done about it?
hey stop tat leg u want to bring out! I'm a catholic... Stop judging d #protestant n #muslims dey didn't find ur trouble!
Love dem as if dey re catholic like u... Let love be in u bro!
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2013
What's the point of calling off strike now? It's already late. When 'll we resume classes and exams before december clocks? Abeg, strike all the way perhaps till January next year or more further till May, 2015. grin Unical was already behind academic calander. Fvck FG vs ASUU. Am out of here!
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2013
+ Catholic Bishop join. SMH

Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by alexleo(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2013
pretty_aura: greatest nigerian students!!!! ASUU is nt after our welfare..its obvious they are after their own selfish reasons...may God punish dem n their families fr dis unhumane behaviour..amen!!!

You have only wasted your time here. Your prayer is useless. What if ASUU prays that you experience unfulfilled agreement in your life just as they are being treated by FG? You think na only you sabi pray. Abeg comot for road.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2013
Shutupp!!just shutupp
shachris: The church should not be used as a political tool.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by onyeka205(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2013
hijacke: wen two arrogant people are fightin, dnt attempt to break it up, u wil only harm urself. i rily want to knw d limit ASUU can go wit dis strike witout any intervention nd pay.

Don't be deceived, most lecturers have picked adjunct appointments in private universities and those that have businesses have faced their businesses. Even if the strike lasts for three years, it will only affect the students. It is high time the students started appealing to the FG to heed to the demands of ASUU. Some of the lecturers have gone on sabbatical abroad and may not even return back even when the strike is called off.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 09, 2013
Hehehe this is serious, this strike is really gonna last longer than expected. Two of my coursemates are getting married this month grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2013
Abimloaded: Hahahahahahahaha... nothing that ends with ''N'' is good. All are bad. Examples:-JONATHAN, MTN, PHCN,
What about Ferguson, Clinton, AC Milan undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by mu2sa2: 11:24am On Oct 09, 2013
tobechi74: At least catholic has atteempted. What about protestant? What haas muslims done about it?
Religious leaders should be hesitant about how they handle issues like this. Catholics hav failed. Supposing Muslim leaders intervene and Assu shifts ground, nigerians being what they're will read meanings into it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by gerald09(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2013
4months and counting. Nigerian student are u people still putting ur lives on govt and ASUU, well if una neva know what to do, keep sitting @ home and allow old men ruin ur future. Have u asked urselves in all dis strike who really looses? Rich man will not fight for u oh dey will just send dere kids abroad, den come on TV/media n keep pleading to nobody really cos dey are always appealing to buff parties (always @ d middle just incase) while student sit and waste away. I wish u all good luck really, cos u'll need it.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by zeedof(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2013
you are one those contributing to the backward of this nation. People like can't let peace reign in this nation. Must you talk??... Check google, search for " news on ASUU" u will see ur answer their.. Sheep like you
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Splinz(m): 11:57am On Oct 09, 2013
Evn dou an agreemnt was made b/w Govt & ASUU, d way ASUU is playin hard 2 crack meks me wonda if dz strike has anyfin 2 do wit students welfare. I min, atleas GOVT has responded dou nt cmpletely. ASUU shld jst tel us der r fightin 4 dia stomach!
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Ezegozie(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2013
is ANSU and ABSU also under the ASUU * LoL*
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by texazzpete(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
Excellent stance from ASUU. Keep the strike going until the FG implements the 2009 agreements, or at least agrees to implement not less than 80% of the agreement.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by alexleo(m): 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
onyeka205:

Don't be deceived, most lecturers have picked adjunct appointments in private universities and those that have businesses have faced their businesses. Even if the strike lasts for three years, it will only affect the students. It is high time the students started appealing to the FG to heed to the demands of ASUU. Some of the lecturers have gone on sabbatical abroad and may not even return back even when the strike is called off.

You have said the truth. Unfortunately Nigeria students have failed to realize this. Instead of pushing FG to implement the agreement they are busy blaming ASUU members who are busy making money now and are ready to continue the strike for years to come.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
Abimloaded: Hahahahahahahaha... nothing that ends with ''N'' is good. All are bad. Examples:-JONATHAN, MTN, PHCN,
womeN
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Samgreguc(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
texazzpete: Excellent stance from ASUU. Keep the strike going until the FG implements the 2009 agreements, or at least agrees to implement not less than 80% of the agreement.
why are u dis backdated? OMG! Who told u that 80% haven't been met?
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by ybn(m): 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
alexleo:

You have said the truth. Unfortunately Nigeria students have failed to realize this. Instead of pushing FG to implement the agreement they are busy blaming ASUU members who are busy making money now and are ready to continue the strike for years to come.

You have said it all. As an ASUU member, i can testify to this fact. We are busy with other things that put money in our pockets. FG is deceiving itself and students.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by chukel(m): 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
double3: I thinks its bout time we ignore ASUU,.
Its disheartening and sickening to see nigerians perpetually r^ape english language without remorse. For d sake of God, dnt u even kn wen to use plural or singular term?
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Cutecharlz(m): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
IF U WANT D STRIKE TO BE CALLED OFF PlZ CLICK LIKE
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
Smartini: Wetin concern Bishops and ASUU? The matter should be settled between the fvcker n the fvkee,not the person that sold the bed on which the act was perpetrated! Am I making sense at all Abeg,I'v stil got a Hangover from last night's 'parolez'...#Mtcheew! embarassed embarassed
guy u dull o
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
RedBenson: What's the point of calling off strike now? It's already late. When 'll we resume classes and exams before december clocks? Abeg, strike all the way perhaps till January next year or more further till May, 2015. grin Unical was already behind academic calander. Fvck FG vs ASUU. Am out of here!
Y u ryt jamb in d 1st place. Na farm u 4 dey
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by lincolnj88: 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
Walahi ASUU are mad........80% of dier demands has been met....while shouldnt they shift ground for d sake of students.....remember d educational sector comprises of primary ,secondary, tecnical schools, colleges of education, polytechnics and monotechnics, universities, vocational institutions....so why demand for 400 billion anually for only university, dnt we have infrastrural problem in d rest educational sectors and d 2.5 billion given to all federal uni anually can they testify of any project done with it......walahi dis ASUU are just selfish people....dats y u hear of lecturers been kidnap in delsu all d time....n...

Men ASUU chairman ugly sha
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by lukasbaker(m): 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
wan educated pipo who called demselves ASUU are now behaving like thieves....go and join politist if u wan more money.ASUU is a bitta water for students to drink.ASUU ASUU u have cause more pain to students in years to come...and ur pockets is full to keep ur children for live.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
faby11:
Y u ryt jamb in d 1st place. Na farm u 4 dey

How do you mean? Is my writing jamb the cause of ASUU strike? You are so dull in comprehension. grin What did you have in English in ur waec? The best is to ignore fools like you.
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by IYANGBALI: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
It is only boko haram that can make ASUU to call of their strike
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by abdurrazaq(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
chukel:
Its disheartening and sickening to see nigerians perpetually rape english language without remorse. For d sake of God, dnt u even kn wen to use plural or singular term?

I THINKS ...... LOL!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
mu2sa2: Religious leaders should be hesitant about how they handle issues like this. Catholics hav failed. Supposing Muslim leaders intervene and Assu shifts ground, nigerians being what they're will read meanings into it.
wel dats 2ru bt dat dos nt mean dat what can be done should not be done. I dnt tink d Catholic church is afta popularity
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by volts(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
ASUU have gone on strike for a year before, I wonder why Nigerians are complaining for just 3 months...Let them do one year, then we can start panicking. OBJ could not deal with ASUU then, I wonder what Jonathan will do undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
prem love: ASSU pls continue we are not tired of staying at home. This is the sacrifice we need to pay for having useless leader
mad man
prem love: ASSU pls continue we are not tired of staying at home. This is the sacrifice we need to pay for having useless leader
mad man
mad man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anan 2013/2014 Admitted Students Meets Here!!! / ASUU Strike : Strike will soon be over despite "walk out" by union Members - FG / Hide Your Men We Are Coming For Them – SS3 Girls Of UDDS Issue Warning (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.