Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,405 members, 7,954,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos (31367 Views)

See Our 11 Plasma Tvs Set Up @ NOV Event, Intercontinental Hotel, Lagos / Grand Opening Of The Largest Single Building in Lagos State.“Rock Cathedral” / Celebrate With Ciroc At The Opening Of The All New Deuces&launch Of Ciroc Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
drnoel: Meanwhile who owns the hotel.

They will tell you it is owned by the "Milan Group". Your first thought would be - wow, they must be a huge international conglomerate with global credibility. . .only for you to do a background check on the Group and its chairman and find out that they are largely Nigerian operators with no real pedigree. . . most likely money launderers and business fronts like the Chagourys.

The hotel is owned by Tinubu (and perhaps partly by Fashola) and operated by the so-called Milan Group, period.

Milan Group ko, Juventus Group ni.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by naptu2: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
pro01:

They will tell you it is owned by the "Milan Group". Your first thought would be - wow, they must be a huge international conglomerate with global credibility. . .only for you to do a background check on the Group and its chairman and find out that they are largely Nigerian operators with no real pedigree. . . most likely money launderers and business fronts like the Chagourys.

The hotel is owned by Tinubu (and perhaps partly by Fashola) and operated by the so-called Milan Group, period.

Source? Evidence? Why should we believe your word?

8 Likes

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by dossantos1: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
pro01:

its obviious u r out there to tarnish d image of some persons despite the fact that the truth is starring at you, change ur ways cowboy,stop being bitter about others progress

6 Likes

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by victorv12(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
There are no 5 star hotels in Nigeria. Even Hilton and Sheraton in Abuja are not 5 star hotels. Maybe this new intercontinental may be rated 5, time will tell. Ogbeni Fashola, Eko oni ba je o!

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
Some dudes are just crazy.. This is Nigeria's first 5star hotel? probably you guys meant Nigeria's tallest hotel because the last time I checked what makes a hotel 5star is not its architectural design...
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by sEyi6: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Some dudes are just crazy.. This is Nigeria's first 5star hotel? probably you guys meant Nigeria's tallest hotel because the last time I checked what makes a hotel 5star is not its architectural design...

Mind listing the '5-star hotels' we have in Nigeria.
Try not to mention hotels in Abuja because none has a rating of a '5-star'
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by naptu2: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Some dudes are just crazy.. This is Nigeria's first 5star hotel? probably you guys meant Nigeria's tallest hotel because the last time I checked what makes a hotel 5star is not its architectural design...

What makes a hotel a 5 star hotel is the rating it gets from recognised rating agencies, based on set criteria.

The Lagos State Government has set up a committee to set standards and rate hotels in the state. It hasn't completed its work (to the best of my knowledge).

Many foreign rating agencies rate Nigerian hotels like Transcorp Hilton, Eko Hotel, Sheraton Abuja, etc as 4 star hotels.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by sEyi6: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
naptu2:

What makes a hotel a 5 star hotel is the rating it gets from recognised rating agencies, based on set criteria.

The Lagos State Government has set up a committee to set standards and rate hotels in the state. It hasn't completed its work (to the best of my knowledge).

Many foreign rating agencies rate Nigerian hotels like Transcorp Hilton, Eko Hotel, Sheraton Abuja, etc as 4 star hotels.

Thanks man.
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
naptu2:

Source? Evidence? Why should we believe your word?

Since some of you are addicted to 'source', you can make do with this for the time being. You can resort to discrediting the source if that makes you happy. Bear in mind, however, that there is often no 'source' or 'evidence' for some of the most compelling facts in life. After all, camera no dey snap spirit. For those who know, no proof is necessary, for those who insist on not knowing, no proof would suffice.

Tinubu’s acquisitions since he left office cuts across real estate, media and aviation. His company AlphaBeta Consulting collects all Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) for Lagos State and some ACN controlled states. It gets to keep a sizeable chunk for itself. AlphaBeta is believed to rake in as much as N7 billion naira monthly as commission for its work.

The politician is also believed to own FirstNation Airlines, The Nation Newspaper, stakes in Oriental Hotel Victoria Island, Renaissance Hotel Ikeja, Eko Hotel Lagos, and the yet to be completed InterContinental Hotel located along Kofo Abayomi Street, near the popular Mega Plaza in Victoria Island.

Tinubu also owns TV Continental (TVC) and Radio Continental. The former Governor who was engulfed in a University certificate scandal during his tenure as Governor, also owns a huge shopping mall complex in Alausa, Ikeja, popularly called Shoprite by its mainland patrons. THE WILL gathered that the shopping complex was constructed on a large parcel of land believed to have been hijacked from the Lagos State Government.

In a similar gestapo-style move, the governor also bullied Lagosians and
acquired the Lekki-Epe highway, reconstructed and tolled the road under a
highly controversial agreement.
www.thewillnigeria.com/politics/17058.html
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Not that bad. I don't think it is the first 5 star hotel in Nigeria.
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
naptu2:

Just listen to yourself, "foreign rating agencies" my foot(bunch of racists), how many of them have visited Nigeria before?.. Transcorp Hilton and Sheraton are world class and just a few hotels around the world world are better in terms of services these hotels render.
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by funkybaby(f): 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
pro01:

www.thewillnigeria.com/politics/17058.html

buhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahah grin grin cheesy cheesy

of all the sources to come up with.

afi ''the will'' na undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by 0monnakoda: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Where are the red cap and baby hat wearing "owners of Lagos"
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by jakaiso(m): 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by naptu2: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Just listen to yourself, "foreign rating agencies" my foot(bunch of racists), how many of them have visited Nigeria before?.. Transcorp Hilton and Sheraton are world class and a just few hotels around the world world are better in terms of services these hotels render.

No need to get hyper. How are hotels classified and who does the classification? The Supreme Court has ruled that this is the purview of state governments. Lagos State has set up a committee to classify hotels in the state. The committee has not finished its work. Foreign agencies have classified those hotels as four star hotels. We are not talking about your opinion on the quality of service. We are talking about 5 star classification.

All you need to do is show us a recognised agency that has classified the hotels as 5 star hotels. That's all.

4 Likes

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by nen4: 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
cute DJ
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by naptu2: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
nen4: cute DJ

That's DJ Sosay (Rhythm 93.7).
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
funkybaby:

buhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahah grin grin cheesy cheesy

of all the sources to come up with.

afi ''the will'' na undecided

You would have been more convinced if it was The Nation Newspaper, right?

Meanwhile if this was about Jonathan or any of his loyalists in the PDP, you'd all have a field day calling for their heads, regardless of the source.

Like I mentioned earlier, feel free to discredit the source if that makes you happy. The truth remains constant nonetheless.
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Trailii: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
+1 for the yoruba nation. Yorubaland ko ni baje! Sum ppl would have wish it was located in onisha or nnewi! I don't care if it is owned by fashola or tinubu. All I know is dat it is in yoruba land. And odua land is progressing!

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by felifeli: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
pro01:

You would have been more convinced if it was The Nation Newspaper, right?

Meanwhile if this was about Jonathan or any of his loyalists in the PDP, you'd all have a field day calling for their heads, regardless of the source.

Like I mentioned earlier, feel free to discredit the source if that makes you happy. The truth remains constant nonetheless.

LOL. Lu.natic cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by tiebe: 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Just listen to yourself, "foreign rating agencies" my foot(bunch of racists), how many of them have visited Nigeria before?.. Transcorp Hilton and Sheraton are world class and just a few hotels around the world world are better in terms of services these hotels render.

please o! dnt fall my hand o! shera-who and transcorp-who are world class wetin? please, travel about a bit more. the hotels you've just listed are rubbing shoulders with the holiday inns and the premier inns of the world. these hotels r just standard hotels in other countries. when u stay in a proper 5 star hotel, or a proper sheraton outside Nigeria, then you'll know wetin de sup.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Iko5000: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Just listen to yourself, "foreign rating agencies" my foot(bunch of racists), how many of them have visited Nigeria before?.. Transcorp Hilton and Sheraton are world class and just a few hotels around the world world are better in terms of services these hotels render.

That’s the problem with you Nigerians you don’t like to know what is really good or standard across the world. We build shopping malls and call them ultra-modern but our definition of that is a lock up shop with pit toilet. If I’m lying check out all the pictures of threads on ultra-modern shopping malls around the country
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Gorrbachev: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Gen2jaynee: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Please who is that lady on stage
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Iko5000: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
ti-ebe:

please o! dnt fall my hand o! shera-who and transcorp-who are world class wetin? please, travel about a bit more. the hotels you've just listed are rubbing shoulders with the holiday inns and the premier inns of the world. these hotels r just standard hotels in other countries. when u stay in a proper 5 star hotel, or a proper sheraton outside Nigeria, then you'll know wetin de sup.

premier inns and holiday inns are not five stars and they never said its five star
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Iko5000:

That’s the problem with you Nigerians you don’t like to know what is really good or standard across the world. We build shopping malls and call them ultra-modern but our definition of that is a lock up shop with pit toilet. If I’m lying check out all the pictures of threads on ultra-modern shopping malls around the country
what do you know and which countries have you travelled to before? Just keep quiet if you don't know what to say..
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by oladapolif: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
pDude: So how has this made Nigeria better

Nigeria? where is Nigeria? S. West Better
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by tiebe: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
Iko5000:

premier inns and holiday inns are not five stars and they never said its five star

my point exactly. i ddnt say they r 5 star hotels. my post was in reply to cajetan who said sheraton dem were world class hotels. . . and in my own post, i ddnt say that premier inn and co were 5 star. . . grin
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Why are Nigerians bragging about IGH opening a Hotel in Lagos when S.A. and Kenya have had them for decades?
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by Elizabethoni(f): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
emmysenior: 1st what? Are you serious?

Sometimes, some lies can resurrect a dead person. cheesy

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though I brows through the valley of the shadow of 1 trillion pics, I shall fear no loss of mb, for BIS is with me.

My BB and my Laptop, they comfort me.
Glo prepare a fast 3G network in the presence of my enemy MTN.
They anoint my phone with infinito package.
My network speed is fast.
Surely, this mountain of poundy and egusi mixed with ogbono soup shall comfort me all through today in the office.
And I shall wash it down with this bottle of eva water, for better digestion. Amen.

ℓoℓ ! U try small but O.P is right! Dats hotel is like the first original 5star truly. Go and see for yourself. The lobby alone is like being in a world class hotel in abroad. Sooooooooooo beautiful...
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by bebechuks: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Whew dis is wot am talking about, dey shuld give me work there oo.
Re: Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos by airclipse(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
honouruy:

since it's fashola he's a simple man if it's Gej u wil start callin all sorts of names
abeg parkwell did I insult the fellow?... FYI I'm a fan of GEJ ....make u no ever quote me again nikkur....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikechukwu Obiejoh Celebrates 40th Birthday In A Limousine (Photos) / Birthday Date Meanings / Lovely Photos Of A Lady On Groomsman Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.