Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Is Age Same With Maturity? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Age Same With Maturity? (6162 Views)

Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. / Ten(10) Facts That Maturity Has Taught Me About Life / Is Age Really The Criteria For Being An Adult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by AshtonJake(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2008
The answer to this thread is No. E.g.: I have a cousin whom is age 4 and the way he talks is like an old man like if he sees anyone in the house, he would ask the person: Can I get you anything to drink Sir/Madam? And he always helps his mother do the housework. A very cute and mature boy. Too mature for his age in fact.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by AshtonJake(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2008
Anthony quote:
Nope. I am 20+ but alot of people think that I'm acting like an old man

Bro. . . . . Since when? I think you're like a 12 year old kid. The only matured one among us is Gabby dont you think?
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Gabry(f): 9:23am On Jul 03, 2008
AshtonJake:

Bro. . . . . Since when? I think you're like a 12 year old kid. The only matured one among us is Gabby don't you think?

I completely agree! cool
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Rogo: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2008
the gap between age and maturity is as big January to December
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2008
kaypound:

who wants to know if you both are not loved or not and if it has being settle why the crying about being cherished[b] and who is not,[/b]  please the topic immaturity has everything to do with both of you and i am on course if i posted that in this topic. it doesn't matter if i don't have to go directly on the topic. i could use examples and both of you are perfect ones.

now i can see that you're d one imature here?because u can not differentiate between a joke and when one is serious,so its now a crime for two friends to pull at each others legs jokingly yeah,others that saw it did not complain,its u imatured boy or will i say guy that stock your nose into what does not concern u

i can see you're a newbie on this forum so y im i even wasting my time on u?u berra learn d rules of nl and d way d peeps here interact ,and if u aint interested in learning y not pack your bag and baggages and zoom out,its not so difficult is it

as for being cherished ,it is now confirmed that u know nothing,and you're d imatured one here honestly,look around u and u will see people crying and craving  to be cherished even for one minute,that is y i said u know nothing

ol' boy carry your self waka abeg,i no get ya time

@topic
i'd say it again and again,age has got nothing to do wt maturity smiley
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by kempo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2008
MUCH THANKS TO EVERY BODY, But i have a different opinion. Yea, age is age maturity is maturity.

Why do you think one has to reach certain age before he is allowed to do certain things.

Do you think a teenager with all his maturity can become say the Governor of your state?

Actually some people get mature faster than others while some simply dont get mature all their life but AGE actually brings maturity.

For a normal person, the older you are the more mature you become.
THATS MY OWN VIEW
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by everchris(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2008
Well both of them are two different things. END OF DISCUSSION!
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by kaypound(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2008
jek_kad:

now i can see that you're d one imature here?because u can not differentiate between a joke and when one is serious,so its now a crime for two friends to pull at each others legs jokingly yeah,others that saw it did not complain,its u imatured boy or will i say guy that stock your nose into what does not concern u

i can see you're a newbie on this forum so y im i even wasting my time on u?u berra learn d rules of nl and d way d peeps here interact ,and if u aint interested in learning y not pack your bag and baggages and zoom out,its not so difficult is it

as for being cherished ,it is now confirmed that u know nothing,and you're d imatured one here honestly,look around u and u will see people crying and craving to be cherished even for one minute,that is y i said u know nothing

ol' boy carry your self waka abeg,i no get ya time

@topic
i'd say it again and again,age has got nothing to do wt maturity smiley

kaypound:

who wants to know if you both are not loved or not and if it has being settle why the crying about being cherished and who is not, please the topic immaturity has everything to do with both of you and i am on course if i posted that in this topic. it doesn't matter if i don't have to go directly on the topic. i could use examples and both of you are perfect ones.

i'm still standing my earlier post. and who gives an ass if you guys are friends or not and how do we judge your seriousness or joke in a virtual world as this. menh, it defiantly going to be show an immaturity from me, a waste of time, resources and intellect bantering words with a bubble head as yours. stop claiming maturity when you are far from it. well, forgiveness is part of maturity and i forgive your stupidity telling me i'm a newbie.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by kaypound(m): 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2008
@jek_ked

silence is the maturity to exhibit when you are dealing with coconut heads like you.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ kaypound

Bia, if you don't like what you see, suffer in silence because there is nothing you can do about it. cool
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by abikelat(f): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2008
age has got notin to do wiyh maturity.
chicken brain sef can be far betta than that of a 29 year old
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by ribadulora(f): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2008
@abikelat

age has got notin to do wiyh maturity.

yea certainly joining u
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by lolaluv(f): 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2008
to anthonykil, yeah u really look like one .
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by everchris(m): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2008
kaypound:

i'm still standing my earlier post. and who gives an ass if you guys are friends or not and how do we judge your seriousness or joke in a virtual world as this. menh, it defiantly going to be show an immaturity from me, a waste of time, resources and intellect bantering words with a bubble head as yours. stop claiming maturity when you are far from it. well, forgiveness is part of maturity and i forgive your stupidity telling me i'm a newbie.
Come on guys, there's no point querrelling over this. We all are entitiled to our own opinion. So we shouldnt get offended by what others think or say.
We should act like 'Matured People' okay? Thank you
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2008
@kaypound

you're nothing but a two timing idiot,you're lucky i was not online when u flexed your thumb wt your stupidity by posting here,tell me who is imature now,y r u replying me since u said im not mature?your replying me shows how stupid and imature you're ,a man replying a woman or exchanging words wt a woman ,is nothing more than an upturned dumbassed buffon

u should be ashamed of yourself,instead of trying to make me mature since u said im not,you're busy exchanging words wt d imature ,now does that not make u an imatured toad?tell me?

idiot i don't blame u,i blame d internet for allowing evaporated kids like u log on to it

u want to show maturity ,yet you're insulting d imature and actually exchanging words wt her,you're d imatured tout here u know,frustrated cow

like michelin my sweetheart said,y not suffer in silence if u cant stand wat u see,ewu
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2008
everchris:

Come on guys, there's no point querrelling over this. We all are entitiled to our own opinion. So we shouldnt get offended by what others think or say.
We should act like 'Matured People' okay? Thank you

my brother i hear u jare,atleast uve shown a sign of maturity,unlike kaypound who is calling someone imature and is still busy exchanging words wt d imature,i wonder who is d imatured one here

anyways everchris i hear u,i hold my peace   smiley

@kaypound

if u like log on to this forum again and litter your stupidity on this thread i don't care,ive got berra things to do dan wasting  my time on your type,it was nice chatting wt u wink
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by pek(m): 9:40am On Jul 04, 2008
age is to experience as maturity is to wisdom.
in other worlds, the older you get, the more exprienced you are in the things of live, while the wisdom in you shows how matured you are. a twenty year person can be more matured than a thirty year old person.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by slimes(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2008
At a certain age, One is considered to be matured but if that person is not the dependent factor is inclusive of the portrayed enivoroment that person grew up in and the elements of socialization.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Moyola(f): 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2008
@ topic
nope there are entirely diff.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by kaypound(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2008
jek_kad:

@kaypound

you're nothing but a two timing idiot,you're lucky i was not online when u flexed your thumb wt your stupidity by posting here,tell me who is imature now,y r u replying me since u said im not mature?your replying me shows how stupid and imature you're ,a man replying a woman or exchanging words wt a woman ,is nothing more than an upturned dumbassed buffon

u should be ashamed of yourself,instead of trying to make me mature since u said im not,you're busy exchanging words wt d imature ,now does that not make u an imatured toad?tell me?

idiot i don't blame u,i blame d internet for allowing evaporated kids like u log on to it

u want to show maturity ,yet you're insulting d imature and actually exchanging words wt her,you're d imatured tout here u know,frustrated
cow

like michelin my sweetheart said,y not suffer in silence if u can't stand what u see,ewu

no time!!! silence is always the best answer , grin grin
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Dangello(m): 12:30am On Jul 07, 2008
Age & Maturity are not the same in anyway

I like to see it as:

Age is the number of years you have spent on earth
while
Maturity has more to do with the kind of experiences you've had, and what you have done about them and less to do with the number of years you have spent.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by guysmat(m): 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2008
Ever heard of the phrase? : "being more mature than one's age" tongue
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Dangello(m): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2008
Thats cause the person has had so much experiences than should have had
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by tipsy289(m): 10:20am On Jul 10, 2008
Age is a number
Maturity is the mental development factor of an individual, still intertwined with age but not the same.
, e.g i'm sure i'm not as matured as my age(hang out with too many 18 and 19)
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Caliente(m): 8:54am On Jul 21, 2008
[size=13pt]Age is the numbers nicely packaged alone and maturity is the age nicely packaged with knowledge and experience[/size]
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by sammyjl(f): 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
NO
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Uniquewun(f): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2008
Obviously they are 2 different things

Age is about the years ,hours,minutes and seconds u spend on earth but maturity is about experience and responsibilities. A person might be 16 yrs old and still act like a 12 yr old child ( am nt talkin bout autism)
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by ped531(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2008
Without age no maturity!albeit,i agree;age is different to maturity.Age is nothing but numbers while maturity deal with your way of interaction.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by darkey(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2008
they are not the same. they are complementary but not totally mutually exclusive
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by nubila(f): 9:18am On Jul 28, 2008
Age is just a number and does not determine the level of maturity of a person.
There are young people who act very mature and people of age who act very childish.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by galatico(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2008
Age is not the same thing as maturity you'll see some people that are old but they act like kids. That's arwful,
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by grandjedi(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
Maturity implies gaining wisdom, development,  experience or sophistication as well as adulthood.
Age usually has to do with undergoing the changes that result from the passage of time.

While it may be seen as a compliment to say someone is mature, it may not be complimentary to say one has aged.
Maturity is associated with increase in age (not always), but age does not necessarily guarantee maturity.

Therefore, do not equate the age of Methuselah with the maturity/wisdom of Solomon.smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Grammatical Superhero Jerk!!! / This Guy Just Broke A World Record / Sun Girls: Is This Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.