Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Is Age Same With Maturity? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Age Same With Maturity? (6161 Views)

Thirteen(13) Characteristics You Need To Achieve Maturity. / Ten(10) Facts That Maturity Has Taught Me About Life / Is Age Really The Criteria For Being An Adult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by CH3COO(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2008
lobs:

my name is bolaji shitta am an human right activist my response is that age is entire different from maturity , let talk about about maturity there are lots of things attach to it your level of thinking ,reasoning and doing things will be unique or have not see a boy of 15 saying things expected of elder while some elder will speak and you will think you are here hearing from a child that is life for us.
MLK has spoken grin
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2008
michelin89:

Well sweetheart, you aren't the only one to be cherished. i can also boast of having someone taking good care of me.  grin

oh yeah,but u see d person that has been cherishing me as been d only person cherishing me ,have never changed u know
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by beauteous(f): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2008
What kynna maturity re we
talkin about here? undecided
physical or mental?  cheesy
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2008
Dakore:

not the same but related. they complement each other
people tend to mature with age.

sweetheart i can tell u dat sm ppple even wt their age has got nothing upstairs u know smiley
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by CH3COO(m): 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
Are you combating her statement with your example ni, or are you just giving another example. What she said still stands as is
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2008
@topic

sm peeps even wt their age has got nothing upstairs its nothing but d truth,ages got nothing to do wt maturity
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2008
jek_kad:

oh yeah,but u see d person that has been cherishing me as been d only person cherishing me ,have never changed u know

Many people dey cherish me. I am the only cherry in their garden. In fact they cherrily cherrish me like a cherry! grin
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by MykeNiggas: 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2008
Omo na wa oooooooooooooooooooooo

Something dey hapen for under heave

so you no know say Age dey different from Maturity

and You Mr. Activist

why you no diferentiate between the two??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by zion222: 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2008
really not all, there is a saying that the greatest man on earth is one who builds his foundation by the stone thrown at him, maturity and age are two different things entirelly.it just  age is one of the factor of maturity, my one point about maturity is how you can build your foundation since everybody have the freewill of nature(doing anything you like),how you can takle life issues and the lots, am zion  student of joseph ayobabalola university, 08064243690
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by MykeNiggas: 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2008
Hello sye na Mrs or Mr michelin89

sey na cherishing matter be this one abi make you contribute to the matter wey dey ground?

pls be carefull of your speech oooooooooooooooooooooook

becareful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Echeozo(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2008
-
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Dakore(f): 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
Echeozo:

Maturity could be summed up as all the processes that lead to the mental,physical,spiritual,social growth of an individual. If any of these 4 factors is missing then maturity will be incomplete.

Meanwhile, age is the unit of measuring maturity(in the ideal sense). That's why a 30 year old 'brother' without a sense of direction,yet,could be termed 'Immature' at that age.

exactly!

jek_kad:

sweetheart i can tell u that sm ppple even wt their age has got nothing upstairs u know smiley

did you mature with age like a normal person?
i'm sure most people will agree that they mature with age (even if they don't mature as fast as others or if there are exceptions to the rule. lol.).

we're also talking physical maturity here. people look like babies when they're babies but grow beards and breasts as they get older. that's physical maturity for you and it obviously does relate to age or to be more accurate,. . . time.

with time, people get better at things, develop and become more mature. the reverse isn't always true. And, of course, people get older as time goes by. that's the logic of how age and maturity are related, no matter how else you want to look at it. lol
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by lailai2(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
maturity tends to age as age tends to infinty
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Baro(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2008
Age could be the same with maturity and also not. They are different but do overlap sometimes.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2008
Dakore:

exactly!

did you mature with age like a normal person?
i'm sure most people will agree that they mature with age (even if they don't mature as fast as others or if there are exceptions to the rule. lol.).

we're also talking physical maturity here. people look like babies when they're babies but grow beards and breasts as they get older. that's physical maturity for you and it obviously does relate to age or to be more accurate,. . . time.

with time, people get better at things, develop and become more mature. the reverse isn't always true. And, of course, people get older as time goes by. that's the logic of how age and maturity are related, no matter how else you want to look at it. lol

you r getting me wrong,now im  not saying that peeps don't mature wt age,im saying that they r some exceptional cases whereby even @old age they r still some dumb people,afterall thats y d saying of a fool @40 is a fool forever still exists

even though the poster did not mention d exact stuff he meant by maturity ,we all know that hes talking about maturity in mind and way of thinking,some girls that get married @19/20 are far more matured dan them 35/36 yr old married women,all im saying is that the thinking faculty of a person determines how mature that person is

havent u seen peeps that even as they mature they still look smallish wt dry chests and no ass?(that is part of physical maturity,i guess)i still remember our househelp even @38 she was still as small and flat chested just like my little niece,no sickness watsoever but that is her body system

if u see sometimes an 18 yr old girl will get  married and keep her home well,but even if a 40 yr old gets married she might not even be able to keep her home,now that is where maturity not having anything to do wt age falls in

yeah i know that as one grow old ,he/she ,might be falling into d path of maturity but at d same time evn those that have grown old aint has wise ,intelligent as d young ones

it all depends on d reasoning and running of  mind of an individual that is what brings out d maturity in them
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Tawak: 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
NO
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Gabry(f): 1:31am On Jul 02, 2008
have often wondered about this.so i thought it best to put it out to you guys. is age same with maturity or are they two different things entirely?

NOPE. . .
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by AnthonyKil(m): 3:17am On Jul 02, 2008
Nope. I am 20+ but alot of people think that I'm acting like an old man

1 Like

Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by lolaluv(f): 5:09am On Jul 02, 2008
Anthonykil, are u a Gothic?
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by alex406(m): 6:06am On Jul 02, 2008
Age is just a countable number and has nothing to do with Maturity.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by ofurufu(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2008
There is a world of differences between them, Exposure,experience,roles,learning etc affect maturity but age is natural.
In order words, age is static,unalterable,beyond control but maturity may not.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by AnthonyKil(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2008
lolaluv:

Anthonykil, are u a Gothic?

Hey Baby! cool Waddup?

Gothic? Nope. Why? I look like one to you?
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by dadsgal(f): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2008
Age and Maturity, are two different things and do not have anything in common. Age is simply a length of time that one has existed, that is the duration of life. e. g 23,24……, etc. while Maturity, deals with development that is to say that, maturity is the period of time in your life after your physical growth has stopped and you are fully developed. So you can see that being 50 does not automatically classify one as being matured, until that sense of reasoning is there.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by tetmosol(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
Well to me they are different in all rammitifaction
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by Geolalisa(f): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
Not at all
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by iice(f): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2008
Would that some people mature with age, that would be nice
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by bennieman: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2008
They are diffent. Some people are young and very matured and some are old murons
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by tkarunwi: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
No, I think age is different to maturity. Age is only a figure while maturity is how you can cope with what each day brings.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by maybelle: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2008
I know you will say that the majority goes, that age and maturity are not the same.
Somehow I always believe that age and maturity are the same.
Maturity comes natural with age. It is not earned. If you observe little children and even teens. Are you flabbergasted with their wisdom and firm actions?  How much more would you expect of people who are more advanced with age in numbers.
The main tenet is that they all have their five senses operating and are still able to get around in this world in spite of inhibitions in life.
People who lack at least any of the five senses, are still able to get around in this world, few don't.
The general pattern or norm is that age and maturity are the same, but there are a few exceptions.
When you study law, there are general laws but there are few exceptions.
When you study science, there are theories or general assumptions but there are few exceptions.
If you observe people today, they are working, married, have children, own or rent rooms, have cars whether old or new and the list can go on and on and on. People socialize and have friends. Just very few are not able to do so or have these things. It's even amazing.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by kaypound(m): 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2008
micheline89 and jek-kad pls take your imatured beef away from these forum it sucks reading it.
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by jekkad: 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2008
kaypound:

micheline89 and jek-kad please take your imatured beef away from these forum it sucks reading it.

y not reply to the topic,or berra still move out

wat imatured beef r u talking about?d beef dat has long been settled or which one?y not reply the poster instead of posting ur own imature thrash,thank u

@topic

age and maturity r two diff things
Re: Is Age Same With Maturity? by kaypound(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2008
jek_kad:

y not reply to the topic,or berra still move out

what imatured beef r u talking about?d beef that has long been settled or which one?y not reply the poster instead of posting your own imature thrash,thank u

@topic

age and maturity r two diff things
who wants to know if you both are not loved or not and if it has being settle why the crying about being cherished and who is not, pls the topic immaturity has everything to do with both of you and i am on course if i posted that in this topic. it doesn't matter if i don't have to go directly on the topic. i could use examples and both of you are perfect ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Grammatical Superhero Jerk!!! / This Guy Just Broke A World Record / Sun Girls: Is This Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.