Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Falsehood and Policy FRAUD in "FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50%" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falsehood and Policy FRAUD in "FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50%" (669 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 / FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falsehood and Policy FRAUD in "FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50%" by Pattey(m): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
The 50% slashed on Business Registration is a FRAUD and an insult on the intelligence of Nigerians. It is a product of "half truths" because the Govt is giving with one hand and taking with the other.

On January 2 this year, FG increased business registration by as much as 100% for Business Names including fillings, annual return documents etc. A lot of things but not all. Incorporation was increased at about 25%. It was 2013 new year gift!

The same government is coming back ten months after; not even up to a year!, to tacitly reverse that policy. They are however NOT making reference to the previous policy because they expect Nigerians with their perceived 'short circuit memory brains' will not remember what happened before. What an insult on us!

I'm sure GEJ die hard fans will say he listened to the yearnings of Nigerians. Were you the one that yearned? How many people even spoke about it?

People took it as normal ish and paid the increased rates.

It is a FRAUD on the Nigerian people that their government can not see a policy through for even a year! How then will the government make any sustainable growth? How will there be progress?
Didn't they think it through before implementing the policy on January 2nd this year?

I'll end with this: Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. Case Study; Nigerians! If not, why do people fall for the same old rhetorics?

I'm thrilled I get to register a company at a cheaper rate. At the same time, I'm sad the government doesn't seem to know what it wants to do and how to fix Nigeria decisively.

Even with the supposed 50% reduction, PRICES WILL NOT go down by 50%. Why? The Lawyers won't cut their profit margin in half!!! So? The cost difference of registration before this reduction is still TINY!

If you still don't agree its a FRAUD; think again. 25-mostly 100% increment in January by FG, and NOW 50% reduction in October. Who are they fooling?

1 Like

Re: Falsehood and Policy FRAUD in "FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50%" by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Two wrongs never make a right!
If the government feels a policy it made is flawed, it takes a lot of balls for the same government to reverse the said policy!

Whether or not they know what they're doing, I think a reduction in business registration cost will help the government and the economy!

Small and Medium Scale Businesses who have been unregistered will be encouraged to do so and as the IFRS also requires Small and Medium Scale Enterprises to prepare financial statements and submit returns in compliance with its standards (IFRS) a reduction in the cost of registration will enable the government keep tabs on all SME's and it will encourage growth of small businesses in Nigeria...
Small entrepreneeurs will be able to afford registration and get all the benefits due to registered business and bearing in mind the fact that the growth of any developing nation is very dependent on the activities and growth and survival of its SME,s I think its a good development as it will encourage entrepreneurship
Re: Falsehood and Policy FRAUD in "FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50%" by peleson: 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Pls how can a registered business name firm get TIN no. From the FG tax agency.

TIN - Tax Identification Number
Re: Falsehood and Policy FRAUD in "FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50%" by Donmams(m): 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Centdonald1: Two wrongs never make a right!
If the government feels a policy it made is flawed, it takes a lot of balls for the same government to reverse the said policy!

Whether or not they know what they're doing, I think a reduction in business registration cost will help the government and the economy!

Small and Medium Scale Businesses who have been unregistered will be encouraged to do so and as the IFRS also requires Small and Medium Scale Enterprises to prepare financial statements and submit returns in compliance with its standards (IFRS) a reduction in the cost of registration will enable the government keep tabs on all SME's and it will encourage growth of small businesses in Nigeria...
Small entrepreneeurs will be able to afford registration and get all the benefits due to registered business and bearing in mind the fact that the growth of any developing nation is very dependent on the activities and growth and survival of its SME,s I think its a good development as it will encourage entrepreneurship
Mumu supporting a mumu government

(1) (Reply)

Give Jonathan More Time To Fix Nigeria – N-delta Youths / Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos / Taraba State Speaker , Slumps And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.