Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Efeanyi Ubah Is Not And Was Never Broke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efeanyi Ubah Is Not And Was Never Broke (620 Views)

The Authority Newspaper: Ifeanyi Ubah Goes Into Publishing / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / Ifeanyi Ubah's Assets Frozen Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Efeanyi Ubah Is Not And Was Never Broke by advopaul: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
“To be curious means to look beyond what we think we know”, “to be curious is to discover” these are the words upon which discovery Channel was built on. Am really not a big fan of discovery channel, but these words really got me thinking as to how far one needs to look to truly discover who he is and most importantly what others will discover about him. It was based on this thoughts that I decided to reply or better still educate and illuminate some of my friends on Nairaland that picking up your mobile phone and writing uninformed article about people and posting them on social network simply because it is free isn’t aof show intelligence. Sometimes I wonder if we realize that writing or making untrue statements about people with the aim of reducing the integrity of such persons in the eyes of the public amounts to both civil and criminal offence generally known as Defamation i.e. Libel and Slander. After all to be curious means to look beyond what we think we know. I have read lots of beautiful articles on Nairaland and other social networks and blogs, but I will only respond to the article written by a Nairalander titled “IFEANYI UBAH HAS GONE BROKE”. I must confess, the author did a wonderful work with the title, but the content was nothing to write home about. It was indeed a nice write up, but it would have made lot of sense if the author was curious and courageous enough to look beyond what he thought he knew. My conclusion after going true the article was the fact that the author had a misconception about his subject matter which in this case was Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, it was obvious that his write up was written with sentiments and most importantly lack of knowledge and respect for his subject matter.Furthermore, it was obvious from his piece that he is from Anambra State and most importantly he is intimidated by the achievements of his subject matter. This may be attributed to the fact that he is approaching his early forty with nothing to show for it or simply because he fills that no Nigerian could have amassed such wealth at such tender age or probably because he thought he could make the front page for the first time with such defamatory write up, but am sure by now he knows better.

A man once said that, the only way to test one’s strength is to test his limits. The question then is, how do one test the limits of one’s strength? Will it be his physical, financial or intellectual strength? For the purpose of this article I will implore we look beyond what we think we have read and heard in the dailies in testing the strength of this rear gem. To some Dr Patrick ifeanyi Ubah is said to be the greatest philanthropist in the history of anambra State, the Youngest achiever the state has ever produced and most importantly the highest employer of Anambra Indigene in the history of the State since creation. A man who was said to be the first and only Nigerian to donate $300,000 to Chinese Government to relieve the victims of the devastated earthquake in China. I know at this point some may argue,“of what benefit is that to Nigeria talk more to Anambrarian”, but we all know the importance of such gesture in times of investments and capital developments in Anambra. Furthermore, he is said to be controlling over 40% of the downstream oil sector in Nigeria, I know a lot of people will say and so bloody what or of what importance is that if he controls over 40% of the downstream sector, but a critical look will prove otherwise. This feat would have amounted to nothing or will be of little significance if it was owned by aYoruba or an Hausa man, this is simply because they are the major players in our economy, but the fact that this young Ibo man could have gotten to this point ahead of major players like Otedola, dantata and the famous Dangote is evidential that he has something other Ibo businessmen lack. The Ibo’s we always cry foul of being marginalized by other tribes not knowing that their marginalization is attributed to their past and present decisions. The subsidy scandal is a good example. How many northerners and southerners were mentioned in the subsidy fraud? While the Ibo’s saw it as an opportunity to discredit and take over the company of their own, the hausa and the yorubas saw it as an opportunity to send a message to other regions that tribe is of more importance to political gains and association. If the Ibo’s must attain a respectable position in the political history of Nigeria, they must rise above individualism to regionalism i.e. invest and promote their region before personal and individual gains. I have gone through all the biography of the gubernatorial candidates in anambra State but none of them as far as am concerned has the qualities of Dr Ifeanyi Ubah. Is it Ngige? A former PDP member, former illegal Governor of the State, and currently a senator under the platform of ACN now APC? Am sure u will agree with me that this man is due for retirement, or is it Peter Obi’s pet Obiano? A man who as far am concerned is better off as a commissioner or Chief of Staff to whoever emerged as the Governor of the state. In as much as I know that Dr Ifeanyi Ubah might have its flaws and weaknesses I still believe that he has much more to offer than the other two candidates fused together.A man loved by many but hated by those who fill his just too young to own the largest Sea port in Nigeria or probably because he choose to train and educated the youths of his State abroad so they can contribute to the industrialization of their state or may be simply because they just can’t withstanding an Ibo Man becoming a Billionaire without shedding blood or simply because he is DR PATRICK IFEANYI UBAH. Whatever reason they might have, one thing is clear and indisputable, he is indeed a blessing to his country, friends and most especially to his people, immediate and extended family.

In conclusion, we realize that elections are not won on the pages of Newspapers, social networks or blogs, if it were, ACN would have clinched Ondo State gubernatorial election early this year and Jonathan would not have been able to win Lagos State during the last presidential elections. Why my views and opinions alone cannot win the election for Dr Ifeanyi Ubah, I still believe that a subjective and informed articles is of immense benefit to the growth of our democracy. With these words “To be curious means to look beyond what we think we know” I say let who the cap fits wear it.

written by Lady Ijeoma Okonkwo
Re: Efeanyi Ubah Is Not And Was Never Broke by oshyno(m): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nne what I just read is loads of sentimental scripts. I was looking forward to facts and figures to counter .kind of rejoinder buh alas u we're whining. I don't really care who wins as far as its not Ngige but u don't open a tread to counter somebody only to end up saying nothing.

What about the guy dat imported Jeeps 4 him, has he paid him. Am aware AMCON is controlling d Capital oil now to recoup the debt it owes. I don't know if Hez broke or not but the fact remains a lot of money is needed to execute an election and if his only source of finace 4 d election if from capital oil then he is on a long thing.
Re: Efeanyi Ubah Is Not And Was Never Broke by slimming: 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
noted

(1) (Reply)

Urhobo Youths To Queue Behind Hon. Agwariavwodo / EFCC Broke, Can’t Pay Lawyers / Geographical Wayo In Nigeria And The Reality We Must All Accept.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.