Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN (3221 Views)

Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) / OSINBAJO: Jonathan Is Islamising Nigeria / SEE What Aregbesola Is Doing To His People In Osun State : PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Demdem(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
dr dams: Guy? I tot he/she meant CAN president..

N wot is ur problem? I wasnt referring to u..

Am Ok, ar u?

Oo I see.
U are perfectly ok.
I rejoice with u.
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by drdams: 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
# gracias # Peace be unto U.
Bt nxt tym, Look b4 u Leap.
Demdem:

Oo I see.
U are perfectly ok.
I rejoice with u.
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by donphilopus: 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
It's high time we started pleying Politics known to everybody, not that CAN would be speaking on behalf of GEJ
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
This is a senseless thread.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by luvmijeje(f): 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mtcheww... Is CAN alright? So they did a press conference because children of different religion were mixed up and because the govt took a loan from an Islamic bank that has low interest rate?(pls correct me if I'm wrong)
They should be call to order before the seeds of hatred and intolerant start germinating.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Haywhymido(m): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
CAN uncle jonah' puppet. CAN my slippers

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Haywhymido(m): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
CAN uncle jonah's puppet. CAN my slippers. Dey jst won pour sand 4 osun people's garri. If dem lyk mak dem allow dem. Mumu can

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by DonMagicJuan: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
luvmijeje: Mtcheww... Is CAN alright? So they did a press conference because children of different religion were mixed up and because the govt took a loan from an Islamic bank that has low interest rate?(pls correct me if I'm wrong)
They should be call to order before the seeds of hatred and intolerant start germinating.

This is how you guys turned a blind eye to boko haram.

Rauf has been indicted in the U.S. by affiliation with a major terrorist recruiter

Government on Friday revealed how international terror group, al-Qaeda, planned to recruit educated Nigerians for terrorist activities.
Court processes filed by the Federal Ministry of Justice before the Federal High Court in Abuja in an extradition request case gave details of the plot anchored by a Nigerian who is now in custody of the security agency.
According to court papers, the Nigerian, Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, who escaped arrest in the United States and was arrested in Nigeria, informed security agencies during interrogation that he was paid thousands of dollars to recruit English-speaking Nigerians into the terrorist organization.
The Federal Government is asking the court to extradite 32-year-old Babafemi, also nicknamed (‘Abdullah’ and ‘Ayatollah Mustapher’) to the United States where he is being wanted for his alleged involvement in terrorism-related activities.
In an application for extradition filed before the court, the Federal Government exhibited a four-count charge marked 13CR-109-JG filed against him before the United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York and a bench warrant issued for his arrest by a US magistrate.
Babafemi is charged with “conspiracy to provide support to a foreign terrorist organisation, provision and attempted provision of material support to a foreign terrorist organisation, unlawful use of firearms and conspiracy to unlawfully use firearms.”
The offences, on conviction, attract a minimum sentence of 10 years or maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
Babafemi, until now was based in the US. He fled to Nigeria after realising that the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) was after him.
He has since been arrested and is being held by the Department of State Services (DSS).
Documents filed by the Federal Government before the court revealed that the US authorities believe that Babafemi belongs to the “al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP),” an affiliate of al-Qaeda.
He allegedly travelled to Yemen between January 2010 and August 2011 to train with the group and relate with its senior members, including the now deceased Anwar al-Aulaqi and Samir Khan.
Babafemi was said to have admitted, upon interrogation, that he was paid about $8,600 by the AQAP to return to Nigeria and recruit some English-speaking individuals to work in AQAP’s English language media organisation.
The media organsation is believed to serve as the AQAP’s medium of radicalising English speakers, whom it recruits to commit terrorist attacks on its behalf.
The group had claimed responsibility for series of terrorist activities, including the December 25, 2009 bombing attempt in the US by a Nigerian, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.
The extradition application could not be heard when it was taken to court owing to its late service on Babafemi’s counsel, S. O. Yahaya.
State’s counsel and Head, Central Authority Unit, Federal Ministry of Justice, Muslim Hassan, who said court processes were served on Babafemi a day before his appearance in court, however, agreed to Yahaya’s request for more time to file his counter-processes.
The trial judge, Justice A. R. Mohammed, later fixed hearing in the suit for August 28.
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by DonMagicJuan: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
jagabanare: South Western States have gone beyond religion sentiment or bias. Please any of these association CAN, MSN or traditional should stay away. Why all these?

[size=18pt]I will just leave this here...[/size]

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Italiano1: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

[size=18pt]I will just leave this here...[/size]

Please stop going around a ban, this your new moniker will end up getting banned again.
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by DonMagicJuan: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
Italiano1:

Please stop going around a ban, this your new moniker will end up getting banned again.

go ahead and snitch and while you are at it get a whiff of the MODs arse

Do u even know me?
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by DonMagicJuan: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
So in a nut shell, CAN is being modest with Rauf's agenda to create an Islamic State of Osun.
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Italiano1: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

go ahead and snitch and while you are at it get a whiff of the MODs arse

Do u even know me?

grin grin

You make me laugh. CK
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by DonMagicJuan: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Italiano1:

grin grin

You make me laugh. CK

Who dey joke wit u?

abeg park
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by mayorall(m): 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
See as can of coke come disgrace us for here. When Oyinlola left the school in rotten state, build two classrooms write oyin ni ooo, pepper ni o. Iru ni o, gbegiri ni o. dem no complain o. Can please enough of this disgrace on we Christians. Ogbeni is not favouring any religion. Aregberascal a good term deserves another, ma ba sere lo. Omo akin.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Tuesday declared that the recent decision by the Osun State Government to mix up some Muslim students with their Christian counterparts in missionary schools was a ploy to Islamise the state.

In a statement issued in Abuja, the National General-Secretary of CAN, Rev. Musa Asake, said the move by the state Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, was part of a grand plan to systematically silence Christians in the state.

He said if the decision by the state government was not reversed, CAN would be left with no other option than to use legal means to resist such moves.

The CAN further alleged that the plans to Islamise the state was not peculiar to the education sector alone.

It questioned a recent loan purportedly secured by the state government from the Islamic Bank.

He said: “We have been following the events in the state. To get to this point where they are trying to bring some Muslims to mix them with Christian students is a ploy. There is a no pretence about it and we are going to resist it. I totally disagree that the Islamisation of the state is not peculiar to the education sector alone. They've an agenda.

“If you follow the event in that state and the way the governor is going about doing his own things, he has an agenda. Why is he particular about Christian schools? If he really wants to promote education in that state, why can't he build other schools? Why is he particular about Christian schools? We Christians can no longer fold our hands and allow them do what they want.”

Asake further accused the past and present governments of intentionally ignoring the plight of Christians, stressing that Christians had been reduced to second class citizens in their own country.

According to him, “40 years ago, under the supervision of a Christian minority head of state, General Yakubu Gowon, someone, somewhere brought the idea that mission schools should be taken over. Now watch! 40 years later, under the supervision of another Christian minority president, Goodluck Jonathan, almajiri schools have been introduced.

Reacting to CAN’s allegation, the state government said it was puerile and ignoble.

A statement by the governor's spokesman, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, said: “It is most disheartening that the seething distrust and unhealthy rivalry among people of different faiths in Nigeria are the parameters which some people have decided to use to measure the actions of the governor of the state.

"For CAN to allege, once again, that Aregbesola is Islamising the state beats the imagination of every right-thinking people. This is the governor that has, for the first time, ensured fairness among people of all faiths. At least, it is on record that the three religions have at one time or the other accused the governor of promoting one religion over the other.

“What amounts to promoting one religion over the other in the thinking of the zealots is no more than the decision of the administration to allow people practise their faiths without any hindrance.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/can-accuses-aregbesola-of-islamising-osun/161107/
Why does it seem to me like Nigerian Christians are worse, hypocritical and very intolerant of others than their Muslim counterparts?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
dr dams: Concerning d Ifa saga, my point is dat I shud av introduced a general course on Cultural Studies instead of picking Ifa specifically.
There r plethora of knowledge to b acquired by school children.. This will enhance preservation of our cultural heritage.
Wateva ur religion, it will b shameful if u cant talk about ur background.,
the social studies and yoruba language as subjects are not enough to achieve this objective.
Picking Ifa specifically isnt enough, ther r many gods and other mythological scheme they shud get aquainted with.

But of d truth, in a way, it appears he displays a bias for Islam..

Who told you IFA is a god?

And if youre talking about "mythology", when was the last time Jesus that the white man sold to you have a full blown 20-min convo with you?
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by DonMagicJuan: 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
kingoflag: Why does it seem to me like Nigerian Christians are worse, hypocritical and very intolerant of others than their Muslim counterparts?

Yes because Nigerian Christians burn down mosques every Sunday after their hate inspired sermon.

Yes. Because Nigerian Christians demand that all northerners and non-muslims should leave the south

Yes. Because Nigerian christians cut off the heads of any muslim they catch and post it on youtube.

Yes. Because of christian fanatism southern Nigeria is backward when compared to Northern Nigeria

Yes. Because Christians will blow up UN, Police Headquarters, kidnap Arab expats and execute them

Yes. Because Rome and Isreal are training Christian Fanatics to kill all muslims

Yes. Because Christians have a sit tight attitude to power and distabilized Yaradua's government not even caring that the man was sick

Christians are very intolerant.
I agree

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by gratiaeo(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
In southwest their is nothing like religious blablablabla...... Those people complaining must come from Niger
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by egift(m): 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by sweetgala(m): 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
This CAN bunch need to go sit down. Aregbe is doing some good work compared to his predecessor.
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
gratiaeo: In southwest their is nothing like religious blablablabla...... Those people complaining must come from Niger
Those guys are shameless hypocrites. They all conveniently turned a blind eye to where it was stated that the state govt is trying destroy the structure of the Christian schools. Why is the state govt invading the Christian schools? The govt is to set the standards and monitor the private schools for compliance. Standards has nothing to do with trying to convert only girls schools to mixed schools forcefully. That has nothing to do with standards. If the govt is desirous of having mixed public schools, it should go ahead and build more public schools. Aregbe should leave the christian schools alone. He should take his Ifa subject and other indolatrous subjects elsewhere
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by luvmijeje(f): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

This is how you guys turned a blind eye to boko haram.

Rauf has been indicted in the U.S. by affiliation with a major terrorist recruiter

I know, I'm not this dull or maybe becos I'm tired, pls what's the connection between the link you provided and this thread?
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by cKaiser: 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Those guys are shameless hypocrites. They all conveniently turned a blind eye to where it was stated that the state govt is trying destroy the structure of the Christian schools. Why is the state govt invading the Christian schools? The govt is to set the standards and monitor the private schools for compliance. Standards has nothing to do with trying to convert only girls schools to mixed schools forcefully. That has nothing to do with standards. If the govt is desirous of having mixed public schools, it should go ahead and build more public schools. Aregbe should leave the christian schools alone. He should take his Ifa subject and other indolatrous subjects elsewhere

^^ The girl only school, Is it not the govt paying the salary of the teachers there?

Or these Christian schools who is paying the salary of the staff and maintaining the structure
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by malc619(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Mumu...

You should stick with promoting GEJ's phantom projects....

Mr Sick 9gerian..
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by erad(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I really wish to understand how your brain works if it ever works at all. Sometimes I wonder if you go through your own posts and see how senseless and myopic they are. Even if you have to lick PDP's ass, at least apply little knowledge. The only conclusion I've arrived at about you is... You are either a well paid PDP propagandist or an ordinary individual without any atom of conscience. I really don't know how I'll stand for the things you stand for and be able to wake up every morning and look at myself in the mirror.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by drdams: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
Bro, b4 u spew nonsense, u shud av read accross d line to know my concern.
I really dnt understand ur point : u jst want 2 show u r an anti-christ cos I dnt no aw my post so far depicts my religion.
kingoflag:

Who told you IFA is a god?

And if youre talking about "mythology", when was the last time Jesus that the white man sold to you had a full blown 20-min convo with you?
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Italiano1: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
erad:
I really wish to understand how your brain works if it ever works at all. Sometimes I wonder if you go through your own posts and see how senseless and myopic they are. Even if you have to lick PDP's ass, at least apply little knowledge. The only conclusion I've arrived at about you is... You are either a well paid PDP propagandist or an ordinary individual without any atom of conscience. I really don't know how I'll stand for the things you stand for and be able to wake up every morning and look at myself in the mirror.

No- he is paid on a pay-per-post basis.

He is just trying to survive but doing a calamitous job- if I was his pay master, he would have been fired a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
cKaiser:

^^ The girl only school, Is it not the govt paying the salary of the teachers there?

Or these Christian schools who is paying the salary of the staff and maintaining the structure
We'r talking about private Christian schools. The govt did not build the schools, neither is it paying the salaries of the staff. It is immoral to try to forcefully restructure christians schools that do not belong to the govt. Why cant the govt build its own schools and do whatever it wants with them?
Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by cKaiser: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We'r talking about private Christian schools. The govt did not build the schools, neither is it paying the salaries of the staff. It is immoral to try to forcefully restructure christians schools that do not belong to the govt. Why cant the govt build its own schools and do whatever it wants with them?

Can you give us an example of this private Christian School that the govt isnt paying their staff but has taken over in Osun.

Obviously you are out of your depths and dont know what you talk about

These schools in question are missionary schools that have been taken over by govt since the 70's or early 80's

Yet you come here to spew trash

Its like someone saying St Finbarrs, CMS, Baptist College Obanikoro are not govt schools while Govt still pays the salaries of the staff

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
“If you follow the event in that state and the way the governor is going about doing his own things, he has an agenda. Why is he particular about Christian schools? If he really wants to promote education in that state, why can't he build other schools? Why is he particular about Christian schools? We Christians can no longer fold our hands and allow them do what they want.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/can-accuses-aregbesola-of-islamising-osun/161107/
Why is Aregbe trying to hijack and destroy christian schools? Why cant he build his own schools and experiment his new educational policy in them?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Detains Military Commanders For Abandoning Mubi To Boko Haram / Photo Of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo,His Mum And His Brother Akin Osinbajo / Meet The Only PDP Governor Elected In The North On 11th April 2015: Dankwambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.