Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) (20669 Views)

In Maiduguri, E-Kanemi Warriors Hosted Shooting Stars FC / Shooting Stars Tweet About Maiduguri; Funny Or Inappropriate? / NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Shooting Stars (4 - 0) On 16th August 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
sanni abacha died last week?i thought he died on the on the sixth of june,1998.
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by nerodenero: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
yunglykmine: OMG!!!
R I P bro.
Why should a country allow union like ASUU & Medical doctors go on strike?

What a terrible country we live in.
Due to the doctors' strike, they have to take this dude as far as Kano... So sad.
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by Ahuitzotl: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
I know the Guy, watched him play Caf Champions league for Kano Pillars 3/4 seasons ago with that his bushy hairstyle.Ewoo, Rest in Peace Brother.
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by nerodenero: 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
Scun: They wanted to take him to a hospital in Kano because UCH Ibadan was on strike.
Development in the South West.
Ode:
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by everyday: 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by immortaliceberg(m): 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
this seriously shows that our leaders dont give a f*ck about us.. Even though you R we still mourn.. R.I.P bro
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by immortaliceberg(m): 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
this seriously shows that our leaders dont give a f*ck about us.. Even though you R gone we still mourn.. R.I.P bro
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by laurel03(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
Scun: They wanted to take him to a hospital in Kano because UCH Ibadan was on strike.
Development in the South West.
is UCH state owned?? Or Federal Hospital. Rip Moses ogaga jare.... Let me give you the last respect and I don't want to call that person mumu because wanted to turn it to tribal war again...

Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by Ninilowo(m): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
Akeem Adebisi told me ds morning. O ga ooo
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by sharpshap(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
He is a great player, watch super sports advert for Nigeria league, the often show him
KELVIN-XY:

As if you have ever watch him play. undecided

By the way RIP to the dead cry
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by Reference(m): 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
No money to jet out to London for medicare. No popularity to appeal to the masses for medical subsidy. This country then turns to a big game reserve and you are game. So sad. RIP. Sorry for Nigeria.
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by Georgesmartt(m): 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
I knew this Dude when he still plays for Kano pillars. He was such a terrific young and talented player, kano pillar fans are always en trilled seeing him play. " Life is too short to worry over; . R.I.P Moses Ogaga you made your Mark! And I think that's the second best thing after heaven.
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by ow11(m): 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
RIP! No one seems to know what ailment it is that took away this young man. I wonder why Nigerians prefer to not disclose type of ailment.

Is this dude related to the great 3SC attacking midfielder David Ogaga of their 1996 Champions Cup run?
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by madnigerian: 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
ty444: sanni abacha died last week?i thought he died on the on the sixth of june,1998.

Sanni Abacha , a namesake of the former Head of State , was a player for Shooting Stars in the 1990's. He also had two caps for the Super Eagles around 1998.

From the TRIBUNE....

[b]FORMER Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) of Ibadan defender, Sani Abdullahi ‘Abacha’ on Wednesday night slumped and died in Ilorin.
The late Abacha, a pastor at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Ilorin before his demise, is survived by a pregnant wife, Bisola and three children; two boys and a girl.
His remains were committed to mother earth on Thursday at the Ilorin East public cemetery, Oke-Oyi, after a church service at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Sabo Oke in Ilorin.
Tribunesport gathered that the former player turned pastor was hale and hearty before the incident as he even held a special prayer session with ABS FC before they engaged Nasarawa United in a Globacom Premier League match Week 35 match in Ilorin.
The ex-international was said to have slumped late in the night and thereafter died in an undisclosed hospital in Ilorin.
General Manager of ABS Football Club, Mr Alloy Chukwuemeka, in his tribute lauded the contributions of ‘Abacha’ to Nigerian football.
Also, team manager of Kwara United, Ibrahim Basambo Agboola said “Abacha’ would be always be remembered for his sense of discipline and devotion while serving this club.”
‘Abacha’, who hailed from Kogi State, after a glorious season with Kwara Bombers in 1994, signed for 3SC in 1995 where he rose to limelight. That year, he won the double with the Shooting Stars – the league and Federation Cup titles –while he also featured in the final of the then Champions Cup (Champions League) in 1996 against Zamalek of Egypt. He left 3SC for Kwara United in the 1998 season and assisted the Afonja Warriors to finish second in the elite league that year.
He led the Ilorin side to the quarter-final of the 1999 CAF Cup before they lost to Zamalek of Egypt in Cairo after a 2-1 victory in Ilorin.
‘Abacha’, who joined Enyimba in 2000, later moved to Sharks in 2002 and Gateway FC of Abeokuta in 2005 before he returned to Kwara United in 2006 where he later retired.
He took to evangelism after his exit from active football and also floated Shining Stars FC which he nurtured until his demise.[/b]
[/size][size=8pt]

[url]http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/sports/item/23137-ex-3sc-defender,-sani-abacha,-dies.html
[/url]
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by coolgb(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
BarryX: Like seriously ??
Kano ??
It's quicker to Accra from Ibadan than Kano now !
I don't quite believe it's because of strike they intend taking him 700km to kano
RIP Ogagaoghene
did the poster mentioned anything like ogagaoghene you must be seriously sick to have changed that name. R.I.P bro
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by aminu150(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
I am deeply touched with the passing away of this talented footballer. Moses was my class mate from JSS 1 in 1996 to SS 1 in Ahmadiyya secondary school, kano. We started attending the school on same day and were taken to JSS 1a. I still vividly remember the way he dressed smartly with his mum by his side. Moses was among the big boys of our class and he was fondly called 'Moze'. Moses was really good at football right from when we were in JSS classes, he was exceptional and started playing for the school at an early age due to his vast experience with pepsi academy. He often miss classes to travel with pepsi academy.
When i see him playing for my darling team Kano pillars(sai masu gida) i feel proud of him.
May your soul rest in peace moze.
Good buy moses.
Cryinnnnng.

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by frakdon(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
Very sad indeed....
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by Bigsteveg(m): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Taylor184: May his soul rest in peace.....This confirms the brevity of life,Vanity of wealth and unimportance of going after the things of this world....life is too short to lose heaven...I hope he makes heaven...

Btw,repent cos for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!!!!

The end is surely near....."Let those who have ears hear what the spirit is saying to the church" not only church, his people.
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by modextus(m): 10:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jezz...knew this dude before he left kano..his house wasn't far from mine..

RIP cry
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by cKaiser: 5:25am On Oct 10, 2013
Ninilowo: Akeem Adebisi told me ds morning. O ga ooo

Really?? How did you know Akeem Adebisi?
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by sylve11: 6:36am On Oct 10, 2013
Journey well! sad cool
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by juvewalex(m): 7:10am On Oct 10, 2013
God bless d dead 1s . RIP
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by hitman2911: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2013
RIP. This is pathetic.
Can't the family and 3SC look for a good hospital in Ibadan to transfer him to. There are numerous hospitals that will look after him before UCH resumption. It is a known fact that most of the doctors in government hospital run or do private practice in private clinics.

3SC should have made such arrangement not just leaving the family to be carrying a terminally sick man on a long and tedious road journey to Kano.

Was the family stubborn and decided to take him against medical advice? Possibly for spiritual or traditional care? I no understand this scenario. Abi na case of winch and the family spiritualist say make dem dey carry am come kano ?

Kano to Ibadan is a whole day journey about 15hours. He eventually died in Ogbomosho which was just 2 hours from Ibadan. This shows he was in a very bad shape and shouldn't have been on that journey.

At times the family members and club just mess up things just like in Rashid Yekini case.

RIP Moses
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by richie44(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
May his soul rest in peace may God console his family esp Queen his sista....*shakin ma head*
Re: Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) by Domwiz4all(m): 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
aminu150: I am deeply touched with the passing away of this talented footballer. Moses was my class mate from JSS 1 in 1996 to SS 1 in Ahmadiyya secondary school, kano. We started attending the school on same day and were taken to JSS 1a. I still vividly remember the way he dressed smartly with his mum by his side. Moses was among the big boys of our class and he was fondly called 'Moze'. Moses was really good at football right from when we were in JSS classes, he was exceptional and started playing for the school at an early age due to his vast experience with pepsi academy. He often miss classes to travel with pepsi academy.
When i see him playing for my darling team Kano pillars(sai masu gida) i feel proud of him.
May your soul rest in peace moze.
Good buy moses.
Cryinnnnng.
dat's true u ril no him. He had always dressed gud.i no him very well, it is ril sad news. R.I.P Moses

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Switzerland World Cup (1 - 0) On 1st July 2014 / Esther Ekarika Asks For Fallen Sports Heroes Palliatives From Sunday Dare / Thomas Sweswe.The Only Player Who Played For 90mins Without Touching D Ball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.