Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? (2852 Views)

El-rufai Donates Motorcycles To Police & Security Agencies In Kaduna / Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / Abdullahi Umar-ganduje Gives 15 Cars To Security Agencies In Kano State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nigerian Security Agencies have been faced with a host of security challenges which has brought their public relations officers to do the job they are being paid for because as Nigerians, we have a right to know ....however in the course of doing such, some have been exposed to ridicule, namecalling and tantrums as is expected on the job, BUT some of them dont even appear in the media to interface with the public or journalists and the few who have appeared have also paid the price as some clowns have called for their head. Some of these agencies dont even bother to send their public relations designate to the media..they simply ignore Nigerians cos they dont think we matter, talk more of the decency of entertaining questions of public significance.
A few of those i know are listed below,i dont know them all so pls help me to add those you know and we can make a pick of our best....ofcourse wit good reasons why they are your best:

NIGERIAN ARMY: Chris Olukolade; he seem like a gentleman,fluent and addresses military issues as they come however, of late i think he has been overtaken with events (i stand to be corrected). The Defence headquarters has taken over the media, and at a time, i think Sagir Musa of the JTF was even more popular than him.

NIGERIAN NAVY: Lt. Cmdr. Jerry Omodara; Forgive me but as a matter of fact, i really dont know this man, i cant even find too many details about him online...and he is the Public affairs person? How many media appearance has he made or is there nothing to report of public importance in the Navy?

NIGERIAN AIRFORCE:Air Commodore Yusuf Anas: I have nothing to say about this man media wise, he might be a fine officer on the job but he has no media presence as far as i am concerned.

STATE SECURITY SERVICE: Marilyn Ogar; hmmn, permit me to be sentimental abit cos am a lady cos she represents an epitome of discipline and tenacity in her firm stance on issues as it relates to national security so she is my favorite pick any day ( U are entitled to yours o)

NIGERIAN POLICE: Frank Mba; He appears like a young gentle man but i once heard his response on a radio programme when the presenter called him and since then i changed my opinion about him cos he was kinda rude on air. (The programme was brekete family radio show, for those of you in Abuja, u will be familiar with the 7:30am daily programme on 104.5) He represented the idea of a typical Nigerian policeman in the eyes of a typical Nigerian, (U know what i mean)

NIGERIAN SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS: Emmanuel Okeh; Hmmn, i barely know this one too but i believe from the last episode with their lagos commandant by Channels TV which sent the whole nation on a laughing spree, they have been working behind the curtains and keeping their interface with the public media on the minimal.

NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY: Sorry i cant even find the person's name online just as we cant find their input in helping to resolve the nation's security challenges.

DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY: sorry, same as the NIA above.... but if you have meaningful input about these, i will deeply appreciate ur contributions...

Its obvious that some are working and we are working for some because they just sit and eat tax payers money....I have made my favourite pick...pick yours jare.. tongue

8 Likes

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by silica(m): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
I dey come. Meanwhile, help me thank God for his grace. It's not easy to be at the top if you know what I mean
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Euroclydon(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
silica: I dey come. Meanwhile, help me thank God for his grace. It's not easy to be at the top if you know what I mean

Where u dey go
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Euroclydon(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
@ op....why wont u choose her...She is the only female in the pack plus I believe she knows her onions....so I wont fault ur choice.
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by BadAttitude(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
NIGERIAN SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS: Emmanuel Okeh; Hmmn, i barely know this one too but i believe from the last episode with their lagos commandant by Channels TV which sent the whole nation on a laughing spree, they have been working behind the curtains and keeping their interface with the public media on the minimal.

l LiKe this... grin
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by bubadaniel13: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
The truth of the is that I don't envy this people, their jobs is very demanding and image making is not as easy as we think.The iron Lady Ogar of the secret police SSS or na DSS all I know say SS dey, is not only charismatic and bold,her oyinbo English and how she presents issues it quiet examplary, thumbs up to all especially Ogar we are proud of as Nigerians.
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by SherlockHolmes1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
Your review on the civil defence cracked me up....nutty babe grin grin grin
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by donphilopus: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
I pick NSCDC because of Shem Popularity
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
Marilyn ogar is the best of the pack. She is really a tough, articulate and strong nigerian woman. Once on tuesday live on NTA, she told the viewers, she used to be a "field agent",not your behind the desk kind of person. that was before been promoted to her current position. Great woman!!!

Brig chris olukolade is another person worthy of note. A veteran from the wars in sierra-leone and liberia, he is an exemplary soldier and a top professional. His job as the army spokesman ain't easy though.

The NIA is an intelligence agency, nigeria's version of the CIA. As such you would never see any spokesperson from them.

Same thing for the DIA. The defence intelligence agency.

Although the DSS is also an intelligence agency, the reason why they have a spokesperson is because they operate storm-troopers who are heavily involved in different operations across nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
Henry120: Marilyn ogar is the best of the pack. She is really a tough, articulate and strong nigerian woman. Once on tuesday live on NTA, she told the viewers, she used to be "field agent",not your behind the desk kind of person. that was before been promoted to her current position.

Brig chris olukolade is another person worthy of note. A veteran from the wars in sierra-leone and liberia, he is an exemplary soldier and a top professional. His job as the army spokesman ain't easy though.

The NIA is an intelligence agency, nigeria's version of the CIA. As such you would never see any spokesperson from them.

Although the DSS is also an intelligence agency, the reason why they have a spokesperson is because they operate storm-troopers who are heavily involved in different operations across nigeria.

Better person. ...thanks for adding spice to the thread with ur comment....luv ya.

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sherlock Holmes: Your review on the civil defence cracked me up....nutty babe grin grin grin

Am a learner o
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by PrettyRita(f): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
Am a woman too, but wen it comes to national issues with direct bearing on security, am always objective.

D Office of a PRO in any Org is a sensitize one. This is because d office interfaces with the public. Infact, it is d image maker of d org. Whether d org is good or not, d PRO projects it in a positive light. Now, back to D assessement.

Which of these orgs have public acceptance? Which commands respect from the masses? Which of them acts with and sustains integrity and credibility? Or better still, how have these PROs projected their Orgs? For me, d Nig Army and SSS carry d day, that is at d Org level. But in terms of competence, I respect that woman.

Sometimes I want to be like her. Her Comportment, carriage, confidence, command of Language, brilliance, intelligence and the facinating security tips I hear her dole out are quiet impressive. I foresee her becoming great in d nearest future.
Meanwhile, thumbs up to d security agencies, I read that they've discovered another bomb factory in kano. Good one

2 Likes

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by PrettyRita(f): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Henry120: Marilyn ogar is the best of the pack. She is really a tough, articulate and strong nigerian woman. Once on tuesday live on NTA, she told the viewers, she used to be a "field agent",not your behind the desk kind of person. that was before been promoted to her current position. Great woman!!!

Whic one be storm-tropper again bros
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Eh..make i jump the police oga at the top 4 PRO..d wan wey me i luv na dat lagos woman..wetin b da her name ooooo..yes Ngozi..i go like marry her o...that is if she stop her police work bcus i no wan go sanko
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
PrettyRita:

Whic one be storm-tropper again bros

Storm-trooper(s) is the name given to agents from intelligence agencies who work in the field in full combat mission. They could be deployed alone to carry out missions or work in tandem with sister agencies like the army or police.

Storm troopers are different from intelligence agents who also work in the field.

See photo of what a normal DSS storm trooper looks like.

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by KingGeorge1: 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
For now SSS and the Army r d only org with PRO, but in order of who sabi work pass, the sss come 1st,follow by the army and d police but if the police sit up n also make that lagos pro babe their main PRO then I will give it 2 them cuz am thinking of proposing 2 her.
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 6:34am On Oct 10, 2013
King George: For now SSS and the Army r d only org with PRO, but in order of who sabi work pass, the sss come 1st,follow by the army and d police but if the police sit up n also make that lagos pro babe their main PRO then I will give it 2 them cuz am thinking of proposing 2 her.

Who is this lagos police pro u guys have been talking sbout....una no get her foto make we see?
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by apala911: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2013
PRO work in Nigeria no be small task especially with our own perculiarities because the prying eyes of d public n journalists are always looking for loopholes to puncture ur good works n elaborate on the few shortcomings. At any rate, I give d first place to Maryln Ogar, the SSS PRO, she dey try and she is sound upstairs n she dey represent. D defence spokesperson, Chris olukolade too no bad at all.
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2013
@ henry120.... I dey feel you, u wont be a bad PRO for one of the nation' institutions.... u try
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by gregg2: 6:49am On Oct 10, 2013
I'll pick Marilyn Ogar

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by horpe132(m): 7:17am On Oct 10, 2013
Hmmmm........Weytin me I know be say all of dem Sabi lie ehnn.......cry cry
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by awodman: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2013
Marylnn Ogar is my pick anyday..also like Ngozi Braide wink

@Henry120 bro seems you know alot about our security architecture..I admire that..how effective is NIA bros

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by edoyad(m): 7:33am On Oct 10, 2013
I pick no one for now. I would have picked Marilyyn but why doesn't she show cleavage ? See how how round and supple those melons look but she covers them like Bokoharam, is she one of the people she is hunting ? grin
She should reveal to gain appeal
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 8:13am On Oct 10, 2013
edoyad: I pick no one for now. I would have picked Marilyyn but why doesn't she show cleavage ? See how how round and supple those melons look but she covers them like Bokoharam, is she one of the people she is hunting ? grin
She should reveal to gain appeal

See ur nutty mind! Dont you think she might be old enough to be your mother sister? ....and you wan see something
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Opiti99: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2013
Marilyn Ogar all the way...that woman is just too much. Is it her eloquency or choice of Word or her packaging. She is the best. Ȋ̝̊̅ will like TÕ̸̳͡ meet her daughter, cos Ȋ̝̊̅ knw she'l be her replica grin

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 10, 2013
Marilyn Ogar is just too eloquent and articulate plus she represents the most efficient internal security agency in the country

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hmmmn....my person is topping the chart o.... and she is the only lady and they say wat a man can do, a woman can do better...
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by TheKingsQueen: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
I don't even need to read the OP's comments on these PROs before knowing who I'll choose. Mere facts on the media point towards one person, she is the one that bring to focus the efforts and achievements of her agency (the SSS) in the fight against terrorism/ insurgency in the country. Without her efforts, nobody would have known that the SSS is actually working. In a society where everybody needs to see/hear what you are doing before they would believe that you are making efforts, a Marylin Ogar readily comes to mind.
I know that Frank Mba of the Police and his counterpart in Lagos Command, Ngozi Braide are also always in the news, but if you check very very well, what they mostly do is to "confirm the incident and state that Police investigations are going on in the case". What else?
But if you check the content of Marylin Ogar's media presence, she's not just there to confirm incidents or promise investigations, rather she is there to let you know of the achievements of her agency in the fight against crime. If she's not parading suspects today, she's holding a press briefing on the arrest of one notorious criminal or the other.

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by BeraBera(f): 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Stallion77:

Who is this lagos police pro u guys have been talking sbout....una no get her foto make we see?

See her photo here. But I don't think she's a match to Marylin Ogar of the SSS at all!
Marylin is better in terms of comportment, professional and ethical approach to issues, diction (choice of words), good and cordial relationship with gentlemen of the press, knowledge and versatility. Besides, the organization she even represents has a better public image than Ngozi's own. I've heard someone say that the only NPF Officer he respects is Ngozi Braide, that others are "babash" (his exact words).

1 Like

Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
BeraBera:

See her photo here. But I don't think she's a match to Marylin Ogar of the SSS at all!
Marylin is better in terms of comportment, professional and ethical approach to issues, diction (choice of words), good and cordial relationship with gentlemen of the press, knowledge and versatility. Besides, the organization she even represents has a better public image than Ngozi's own. I've heard someone say that the only NPF Officer he respects is Ngozi Braide, that others are "babash" (his exact words).

hmmn...not bad but her influence is confined within Lagos plus she is a young officer,i have not heard her speak before so i cant tell how vocal she might sound especially as regards national issues... She doesn't look bad but we are not judging on looks are we? We are judging in terms of media presence, influence and competence in addressing pressing public issues as they evolve.
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by Stallion77(f): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
BeraBera:

plus i here say she don slap person before for lagos.... not a good image and reputation at all....
Re: Public Relations Head Of Security Agencies In Nigeria: Who Is Your Best Pick? by KingGeorge1: 7:44am On Oct 11, 2013
Stallion77:

plus i here say she don slap person before for lagos.... not a good image and reputation at all....

Even the blind knows that the Lagos police pro is no match 4 Marilyn na just say she make sense na it be the issue here, but I still have my reservation until I propose 2 her 2 knw if she won't ask 4 ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is A Saboteur, He Betrayed My Father – Ojukwu Jnr / "Baba Ijebu" Owner Kessington Adebutu Throws Election Victory Party For Son / APC Has Been Hijacked By A Few - Dele Momodu Blasts Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.