Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria (15062 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Will Be Shown On SuperSport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Akimboway(m): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
i hope that nigeria wil win the match,up 9ja
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by LordGhandalf(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Na Hayatou son company. So what do u think, Thats y CAF keeps saying Naija is owing AFCON TV rights, the one we only watched on DSTV channels.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Basdkg(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
shit shit what make diz Bleep me why caf? cryshit shit what make diz Bleep me why caf?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Lamasta(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by JonathanSunday(m): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
Your Bible Not your Pastor! If you want to have good "SUCCESS" in life,let God's word - The Bible be your guide and not a man,not even your pastor. Do not misunderstand my statement,l'm not saying you shouldn't relate with the men of God, but do study the word of God very well to show yourself approved unto God, ... (lst Tim 2: 15) lt's then you will remain stedfast and unmoveable in your endeavours (lst Cor. 15: 58). For good and perfect success in life,practice the word of God in ( Joshuah 1vs cool. Remember that if you valued the valueable thing,definitaly the whole world will valued you. God's word must be valued more than any other thing in life.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Isaiah90(m): 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
please in which supersport channel?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by juvewalex(m): 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
I saw it on dstv program schedule dat it's gonna be shown live on supersport 3N n supersport select . I'll keep tab on dat ..
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by haibe(m): 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
k.style:
I cudnt care less if ait does nt show it....supersport wil show it.....cnt rememba wen last i watchd ait......go super eagles....itz our tym 2 fly....plz,ameobi shld nt play dat match....d dude pisses me off lyk welbck,young n cleverly

I thought I was the only one that see no use of ameobi, that guy shouldn't be a footballer.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by SaintNdi: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote
author=Hurray2030]DSTV will show it.Trust me,not only Nigeria's match
but all the final matches.They are currently advertising it
even.[/quote]wht about those who no get dstv?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by haibe(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Saint Ndi: wht about those who no get dstv?

100 naira viewing center
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
I knew Nigerians would get emotional over this news. If you compare amounts paid by the various countries to their populations, you'll find out that Nigeria even pays less per head/viewer. The real issue is that this formula of BON buying rights on behalf of all the broadcasters has failed. We need a real sports marketing company to buy rights and sell to this lazy local tv stations who are just seeking undeserved sympathy. Instead of them to be innovative in their marketing, they're always complaining. If this our BON formula doesn't change, we may not even watch the world cup itself.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Nzecorneboy: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
On novemba our own go b $1 million dollas. NO MORE NO LESS! BON UNA DON HERE ME??
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Zikdik(m): 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
homesteady: I just saw on AIT news that the match will not be shown live on TV. The rights owners,
Sportfive said Nigeria should pay a fee of $500,000 to broadcast the match! And BON said it's too expensive!
More details to come
$500,000 abi?ASUU is still on strike oh.Make them no worry.We go listen to Femi and the Gang for live updates.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
nerodenero: Funny enough,Nigeria will still allow Ethiopia pay a little to air the second leg despite this outrageous amount they are demanding from us.Talking about playing the big brother bullshit
Don't get things wrong here. The right to broadcast the match does not reside with Ethopians, but CAF. Issah Hayatou, CAF president and his collaborators really want to kill hinder the growth of African Football. The same CAF that has divided or created a 'class' in West African football by dividing WAFU CUP into several parts, is same organ that is creating this chaos.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
CAF has ran out of ideas to market African football, hence this stupid TV rights they are demanding, epecially when it comes to matches involving Nigeria. Issah Hayatou don craze.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by COOLDUN: 12:20am On Oct 11, 2013
Nigerians I am very sorry for you people, I have read many comments here saying different unreasonable and carless talks about the beaming failure of the Nigeria Television Authority, really the Legend Fella Anikulapo Kuti rightly said that Nigerians are sufferers and smilers , this man is a prophet from what I am seeing in Nigerian of today.

Have you taken your times and ask yourselves why it is always expensive to show Nigerians the matches of their national teams since 1999? Since the coming of the PDP party into power it has always been expensive to buy the beaming rights of the matches that concern our national teams mostly away matches. But it is not expensive to go to on foreign trips with the contingent of 500 ignorant people , spending millions of dollars for an irrelevant trips , but when it comes to what that makes the poor citizens happy, it will become expensive. Why?

Most of you are boasting of foreign Television Cable Stations , but you forgot that not all the Nigerians have them like you guys , yes I know you guys are well to do, but is it how it supposed to be? Many tiny and poor countries in the world show their national teams matches Live on their television while you watch yours in viewing centers, Cables and online. Giant of Africa my foot.

Even when the military was in power in Nigeria we were watching our national and local teams home and away matches Live on NTA. Our national league was being transmitted Live , with match of the week on Sunday nights , but today you are brain washed to believe that the host nations are behind the inability of the NTA showing the matches live.

Your president and his co crooks are having many satellite dish facing different directions in their compounds while you are told that the host countries charge you exorbitant fees for the beaming right. Shame on you all.

When they travel on their jamborees NTA would be showing them Live, but when it is our national team matches, it would become expensive. Nigerians when will you enjoy the dividends of Democracy? Check the amount of money that was spent on the 12 Limousines that were parked at the front of the hotel in the USA during one of their picnic tours, and their daily charges and compare it to the amount the are telling you its expensive to make you watch the match comfortably at your homes? With your I pass my neighbor power supplies. How much is their foreign hospital bills? How much is their children’s monthly allowances at their different foreign schools/universities? My people how many will I count? This is really suffering and smiling, including the recent introduced name by Lagbaja, the Mumudom Republic.

Keep on being contempted with nothing, while abusing other countries for your incompetence in leadership. Good things are for the masters while patience and endurance are for the masses. Sorry once again Nigerians .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by babyboy3(m): 2:23am On Oct 11, 2013
Its called TV right, they could put any amount they want on it!

The Logical thing to do is to do the same to them in the return leg
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by babyboy3(m): 2:28am On Oct 11, 2013
[quote author=nickxtra] Don't get things wrong here. The right to broadcast the match does not reside with Ethopians, but CAF. Issah Hayatou, CAF president and his collaborators really want to kill hinder the growth of African Football. The same CAF that has divided or created a 'class' in West African football by dividing WAFU CUP into several parts, is same organ that is creating this chaos.[/quote

I think you are mistaken the AFRCON for a World Cup qualifying match.

The Ethiopians has the TV right to this very match unless if the Ethiopian FA has outsource the contract to a TV firm owned by Hayatou.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Biafradiplomat: 7:42am On Oct 11, 2013
please which supersport channel will show it, will it be shown on super sport select?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by clefstone(m): 8:06am On Oct 11, 2013
This is wht u get when u hv unsuitable people running parastatals. In a country with an estimated population of 170million pple and with strong interest in football coupled with the importance of the game to be played, won't BON be able to make 5 times of tht moni from adverts nd sponsors. Some agbada wearing old men not doing their freaking jobs
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by striker9(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Jayuba: It is better for Nigeria to give that money to ASUU so that they can call off this strike than pay to watch a match we have won already.
You are very intelligent my brother.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by nickxtra(m): 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
haibe:

I thought I was the only one that see no use of ameobi, that guy shouldn't be a footballer.
For crying out loud, why did Keshi went to invite Ameobi to the super Eagles at this stage of his career? When he was younger and had better, he rebuffed every invitation to play for Nigria, but was waiting to be capped at International level by England, but Queen Elizabeth and her people rejected him. Keshi must expalin to Nigerians what he sees in Ameobi which others do not see, afterall i have not seen any significant contribution he has made to the Eagles since his debut. We have better and stronger strikers in Nigeria and across the world.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by gentlelyfe(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
this is no suprise news...i alredy knew dt anytime 9ja plays in east africa...no station in9ja will show...all we r interested is a win
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by Edygrin(m): 10:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Baba IYANU: not fazed by this information because Nigerian itself has misplaced its priority, until when we have selfless leaders, we would continue to move around circles, #HOGWASH cry[color=#990000][/color]
Must we always blame our leaders for everything, na so person go beat him wife for house people go dey blame Oga Jona. If the govt agreed to pay the money you are still the one that will say they should have used the money to pay ASUU. plz grow up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Daily Football Tips (95% Wins) / AFCON 2023 - Nigeria Versus Cote D’ivoire: Rate The Super Eagles Performance / Francis Uzoho Ruled Out For 6months After Injury During Brazil Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.