Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,076 members, 7,859,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:06 PM

Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama (676 Views)

Janet Yellen: The First Female Chairman Of US Federal Reserve / Malala Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize / Israelis 'insulted' By Obama Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
President Barack Obama announced Wednesday his decision to nominate Janet Yellen as chair of the Federal Reserve.

"The next chair will help guide the economy after I've left office, " Obama said during the announcement at the White House. "[Yellen] is a proven leader and she's tough— not just because she's from Brooklyn. Janet is exceptionally well-qualified for this role."

"Janet is renowned for her good judgement," he continued. "She sounded the alarm early about the housing bubble, about excesses in the financial market."

Obama was joined during his announcement by Yellen and current chairman Ben Bernanke, whom Obama thanked for his service.

Yellen currently serves as Federal Reserve Vice Chairwoman. If confirmed by the Senate, she will be the first woman to serve in the post, and will take over when Bernanke's term ends in January.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/janet-yellen-nominated_n_4072532.html
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by manny4life(m): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
Janet, a great economist and very well versed, super intelligent and also proactive administrator in the FRS, she's been with the Reserve Board for a while, WISE DECISION. I strongly believe she will contribute positively and help fix the looming debt crisis and economic woes of the U.S.
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by HezronLorraine(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Obama's top appointment of recently had been of equal representation,with blacks,women,gays heading top political appointments at the federal level.
This once again is another wise decision.If only his appointees are the ones in the congress.His administration wouldn't be facing this current tug of war from the republicans.Once again,top of the game Obama.Congrats to Janet.
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Obama's top appointment of recently had been of equal representation,with blacks,women,gays heading top political appointments at the federal level.
This once again is another wise decision.If only his appointees are the ones in the congress.His administration wouldn't be facing this current tug of war from the republicans.Once again,top of the game Obama.Congrats to Janet.

So true. He made history with his nomination of the first ethnic minority woman to the Supreme Court, now he has nominated the first ever woman to head the Fed in it's 100 year existence. Obama seems to like creating history cool
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by manny4life(m): 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
CFCfan:

So true. He made history with his nomination of the first ethnic minority woman to the Supreme Court, now he has nominated the first ever woman to head the Fed in it's 100 year existence. Obama seems to like creating history cool

When Sonya Sotomayor was nominated, I barely knew who she was, after I researched her, I was like WOW... Good decision Obama. The way she composed herself during her nomination, though she was in a lot of pains (she fell and broke her ankle), she gave it to the Republicans. I watched her Q & A everyday and I knew that Sonya was the best pick. Truly, Obama wants to create history. cool cool
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by HezronLorraine(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
^^
Even I,I did a thorough research on Sotomayor.I must say,proud of Obama with his history making strides.cool cool

Anyways,he himself-Barack rewrote the history of the world's greatest superpower USA by becoming the first black president.Obama represents the new face of america of equality irrespective of race,gender,identity e.t.c
Whover is coming after him must keep up with the spirit Obama has instilled in americans. cool
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
So will Yellen's appointment mean the continuation of quantitative easing?
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by Katsumoto: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
HNosegbe: So will Yellen's appointment mean the continuation of quantitative easing?

You bet; she is a fiscal dove. She is one of the architect's of the current quantitative easing policy. She has been calling for more aggressive stimulus policies since late last year.
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 17, 2013
Katsumoto:

You bet; she is a fiscal dove. She is one of the architect's of the current quantitative easing policy. She has been calling for more aggressive stimulus policies since late last year.

Actually I had started moves to open a domiciliary account, thinking that Larry Summers (anti-QE) was going to become Fed Chair.

Oh well...
Re: Janet Yellen Nominated As Federal Reserve Chair By Obama by tpia5: 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
More funds for women.

(1) (Reply)

The Bravest Girl In The World / Removed / 14 Year Old Sahara Migrant Survivor Tells Her Tale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.