Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc (20990 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways / Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by docjuli(m): 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
GTBank has stopped Western Union services. No date for the recommencent was announced and no reason was given.
While on the other hand (actually my left hand) FCMB insists receivers must have a bank account with them before payment can be made using the undisputed 'prevailing' Dollar rate.

But why?¿?

1 Like

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by bigtt76(f): 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
CBN new regulations on on foreign exchange remittance and importation.
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by docjuli(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
bigtt76: CBN new regulations on on foreign exchange remittance and importation.

Why are other banks still doing business with WU?
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by ToyosiR(f): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
I was stranded yesterday when i wanted to collect money via western union. I just had gtb has been suspended.

I went to first bank / Eco bank and what i was told was either i have account with them or i have someone who has a current account with them to indemnify me.

My problem now is I don't have driver's licence/ National ID Card.

Secondly, My International passport is expired and i need CASH.

I'm just disturbed...
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by gtrust: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
Toyosi R: I was stranded yesterday when i wanted to collect money via western union. I just had gtb has been suspended.

I went to first bank / Eco bank and what i was told was either i have account with them or i have someone who has a current account with them to indemnify me.

My problem now is I don't have driver's licence/ National ID Card.

Secondly, My International passport is expired and i need CASH.

I'm just disturbed...

what about birth certificate
Nigerians and the identitylessness and disappearanceness something...

7 Likes

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by ToyosiR(f): 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
gtrust:

what about birth certificate
Nigerians and the identitylessness and disappearanceness something...

They said they dont accept that. But i hope the international passport will be ready by Monday and i'll go pick it up.

thanks jaare
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by LoveDecay(m): 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
GTBank has stopped Western Union services.

Holly Ezekiah...... shocked

1 Like

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by Jeel: 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Empty reactions. Individuals will soon create a busy out of it soon.
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by keyremotes(m): 5:39am On Oct 12, 2013
What would it have cost them to send mails oe sms to their customers intimating them of this development?
Cusomers only find out on getting to the bank.
Very backward way of business.

10 Likes

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by Sermwell(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by dridowu: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2013
Mo ti gbo, kilo tu kan ?
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by fuckluv(f): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2013
docjuli: GTBank has stopped Western Union services. No date for the recommencent was announced and no reason was given.
While on the other hand (actually my left hand) FCMB insists receivers must have a bank account with them before payment can be made using the undisputed 'prevailing' Dollar rate.

But why?¿?
No be only ur left hand, na ur back hand grin grin grin
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by fuckluv(f): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2013
dridowu: Mo ti gbo, kilo tu kan ?
Wa lo sun cheesy
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by oguash: 10:26am On Oct 12, 2013
I haven't gotten any msg from GTB yet o.
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by osisey2010: 10:37am On Oct 12, 2013
Its not only gtb oo. Even your friends or family cannot send you money from abroad atm until further notice. I read online that there is a present shutdown on western union and they won't send transactions overseas. I guess its to prevent some scams from taking place. But I hope western union starts working again cos niggaz are broke ooo
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by Infomizer(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2013
The annoying thing is they still got the WU banners in their banking halls. They should hide those banners too till further notice!

4 Likes

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by kingsley103(m): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2013
Perhaps soon they'll do something about it.
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by kingsley103(m): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2013
Perhaps soon they'll do something about it.[b][/b]
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by Infomizer(m): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2013
osisey2010: Its not only gtb oo. Even your friends or family cannot send you money from abroad atm until further notice. I read online that there is a present shutdown on western union and they won't send transactions overseas. I guess its to prevent some scams from taking place. But I hope western union starts working again cos niggaz are broke ooo
Bro, where did you get the gist from? How long ago exactly is your 'ATM'? Please reply..
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by osisey2010: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2013
Infomizer:
Bro, where did you get the gist from? How long ago exactly is your 'ATM'? Please reply..
I googled 'why western union won't send my money' and I read that it started on Oct 1st and its till further notice. I also read that it is to prevent some Jamaican lottery scams. Idk how true that is but that is what I read so far about it.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by ichommy(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2013
It's act of God.

3 Likes

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by imhomoh(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2013
I got this sms from Access Bank this Morning.

Dear customer, Effective 26/9/13, Western Union, MoneyGram & Cross Border Transfers will now be paid in Naira as directed by CBN. Call 01-2712005 for more info

1 Like

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by lafuria1(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2013
osisey2010: I googled 'why western union won't send my money' and I read that it started on Oct 1st and its till further notice. I also read that it is to prevent some Jamaican lottery scams. Idk how true that is but that is what I read so far about it.
Oct first? I sent money on Wednesday through Western union and the recipient collected it on Thursday with no problems. Sent another yesterday as well
I sent from the UK, so perhaps it has to do with the country you are receiving from.
In summary, Western union is still active.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by spikesC(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2013
yep, went to a branch on thursday, and the lady just said it's not available.

Had to go to first bank who ate my 3 naira 75 kobo angry

cos they paid in Naira.
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2013
Infomizer:

Due to the new CBN regulations you can only receive the naira equivalent if you are sent any money from abroad. That is, no more dollar or pound payout.

And if you are paying for goods/services abroad you pay the naira equivalent, which the bank will do on your behave. That your domicilliary account is now useless. Any transaction you do now will always be in Naira even if you are buying meteors from Mars!

3 Likes

Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by kflexxy(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2013
Diz Country Don taya me ooo
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by mrkels(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2013
Yes, got the mail since september. Its to put an end to these scams. Now to collect you should have a bank account and also proper kyc must be in place. They also want to regulate the naira exchange rate. I see better things coming from this in the future .
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by mcevans1(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2013
GTB did not send me any message. Damn!
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2013
No big deal nah. . . let the other banks too eat money. GTB don bellefull i tell ya. . . cheesy
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by kunletoks(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2013
I think Nigeria and Naira will have value now.
Re: Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2013
I think this is a very good news for our local currency. We should support our naira.
To hell with pounds & dollars

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fairmoney Becomes A Fully Digital Bank / Naira Appreciates From 1310/$ To 1300/$ In Parallel Market / To Get Legitimate Credit Cards in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.