Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,301 members, 7,860,735 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

If Only Anyim Pius Anyim Will Fix The Broken Clock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Only Anyim Pius Anyim Will Fix The Broken Clock (505 Views)

Anyim Pius Anyim Seeks Buhari's Protection: 'They Are After Me' / Anyim Pius Under Investigation For Funding Pro-Biafra Activities - Sahara Report / Letter From Anyim Pius Anyim To Jonathan, Former President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Only Anyim Pius Anyim Will Fix The Broken Clock by Ckariam: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2013
One of the politicians that Nigerians love is current secretary to the federal government and of course former senate president. For me his style of leadership, natural charisma and sense of comportment is tempting and enviable. A good member in the Goodluck Jonathan led administration.

A visit to the Federal secretariat in Abuja revealed a lot that affected adversely my thoughts of him. It was difficult to comprehend why such a great man would abandon such a little but significant issue. The consequences of his inaction still lingers, thus producing lackadaisical pattern in our civil servants.

That sense of urgency was lacking, the spirit of delivery was weak and the consciousness of value was absent, all because the clock that was installed in the building was not functioning. When I asked some civil servants who was responsible for fixing the clock so that it will work, I was told that Senator Pius Anyim Pius, the SGF is the one in charge. Then I requested that I will like to see him and fix this clock with my own little funds as a service to my country because it was embarrassing to see a clock that was installed for a purpose, not for decoration remain adamant to reality. The curiosity as to what could prevent the SGF from solving this small thing was not as heavy on my mind as to the consequences of his neglect.

Let us look at some of the effects of this faulty clock on the Nigeria civil servants and their service to this great Nation.

1. Reporting time- From the gate entrance where the demand is usually your identity card, through the reception and then to various rooms and department. There was no electronic system of recording the time a worker reports to work, if there was i saw none. I saw what looked like a security man wearing light brown sitting on a chair with table on certain entrance to departments. If there was a specific time for workers to report to duty, there was no compelling force. Everyone looked free and careless. As a matter of fact, the time on the clock provided by authorities to regulate affairs supports all movements.

2. Bad example- I expect that the federal will train the state civil servants, and the state will train the local civil servants. What those at the federal secretariat have learnt is poor time management. That us exactly the same thing that they will teach in practice to their subordinates. Their inability to work with time has affected their psychic and it is hard to find a situation where time will matter to them.
3. Service delivery- when people become unconscious of time, when people do not appreciate the value of time, it becomes impossible to use time wisely. Instead of wise sayings like 'Time is money' or 'Time waits for no one' you will hear crazy and uninspiring statement like 'No hurry in life'.

There is time for everything under the sun, and time must be measured. Where there is a way to track time indicates progress, demonstrates the anxiety to achieve set goals. The Importance of time cannot be overemphasized, in this modern time it was part of the things a mobile phone came with before camera and Internet was added. Indeed each individual working at the Federal secretariat may have a clock at home, carry a phone and wear a wrist watch.
They are not strangers to reality however the clocks installed at the corridors of many floors of the building was for a purpose despite the fact that all have their personal time piece. That original purpose is being defiled, the outcome is disastrous to productivity.

In my judgement a lot in the attitude of Nigeria civil servants will be corrected once Anyim Pius Anyim solves a key problem of fixing the clock. He should remember that time is running out because 2015 is around the corner. This may seem small and petty, but seconds result to minute, and minutes yield to an hour, and hours make a day, everything moving at its own pace and design but nothing is constant.

Source: Chuks Ineh- Chuksineh.com
Re: If Only Anyim Pius Anyim Will Fix The Broken Clock by johndwayy(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Dats 9ja for u... Little wonder why he can't broker any agreement between fg and ASUU.

(1) (Reply)

No Cause For Alarm Over Lagos Ruling, Says New PDP / Polimatics / Army Kill 37 B'haram In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.