Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,176 members, 7,853,020 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

What Do You Do If Your Employer Of 7 Yrs Offers You No Condition Of Work? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Do If Your Employer Of 7 Yrs Offers You No Condition Of Work? (462 Views)

Does This Happen In Your Place Of Work Too? / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do If Your Employer Of 7 Yrs Offers You No Condition Of Work? by lionelmessi: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
hi guys,
Please, i need your opinion on this. I work in an arcitectural firm in lagos. My office never gives the employees condition of work. that way,u dont even know what your entitlement will be when u finally resign or retire there. The firm is a one man business. Is it statutory that one should have an entitlement (pay) when he/she resigns. pls i need your advice.
Re: What Do You Do If Your Employer Of 7 Yrs Offers You No Condition Of Work? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
lionelmessi: hi guys,
Please, i need your opinion on this. I work in an arcitectural firm in lagos. My office never gives the employees condition of work. that way,u dont even know what your entitlement will be when u finally resign or retire there. The firm is a one man business. Is it statutory that one should have an entitlement (pay) when he/she resigns. pls i need your advice.
You are just a casual worker, I do not know how to sugar coat it. You are at the mercy of your boss, when he decides to fire you, you will be left with nothing.

I lost my job from a one man firm that makes over a billion naira annually. I was paid my pension savings and some other free will money. I met a lawyer with my employment letter and received the shock of my life. I was employed as a casual staff. That is the private sector standard in Nigeria, it doesn't matter if you are earning 600k monthly, if its not stated in your letter of employment then it most likely does not exist.

(1) (Reply)

Career Location / Chaos... / Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.