Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,414 members, 7,843,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Korean Movies Chatroom - TV/Movies (1778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Korean Movies Chatroom (1989434 Views)

List Of 2014 And 2015 Korean Dramas / Interestin Korean Movies / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) ... (2180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the song title without vowels

WHNI'MWTHY

When I'm with you

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama title

REALLY FINE

True beauty

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
toykathy:

Boys before flowers

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
toykathy:

Google is ur friend

Jinja I didn't know, don't think I've ever heard about it

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
toykathy:

When I'm with you

Great now guess the artist name to get your full marks lol

SY

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
toykathy:

True beauty

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

SY

When I'm with you - SoYou grin

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

SY

You better give me the full mark cuz you didn't add the artist name ursef

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
toykathy:

LMAO beat her up unnie

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

When I'm with you - SoYou grin

Lmao I'm logging out, somebody is coming to beat me for my mother

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
toykathy:

Erm.....

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

LMAO beat her up unnie

Amebo

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

Lmao I'm logging out, somebody is coming to beat me for my mother

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
*clears throat* let the record show that @toykathy got all answers today.

Vulture @raphaella wanted to feed today but justice says no lol

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
#flashbackfriday Part 2 (one shot)

Title : WE ALL CRY DIFFERENTLY

Main Cast :
Kim so hyun
Son seung won
Kim hee jung

Channel : kbs
Year: 2014

Fun fact : erm

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
We see a man and a woman (khj) with two small kids, a boy and a girl. Khj asks the girl "Ji hye did you miss mummy, do you want to go with me". Ji hye looks hesitant, the man says to khj "leave her she doesn't want to". Khj replies it's only because you've scared them. We hear ksh's voiceover "when I think about it, the greatest dilemma of my life has always been whether to stay or go"(she's the teenage ji hye). Back to the kids, the man is obviously drunk and asks "I scared them, Ji hye are you scared of daddy?". Khj says you're drunk everyday, of course she's scared of you. He says I'm their father, they start arguing and dragging the girl, they decide that she should choose. Both of them squat in front and her asking "do you want to go with me?". She looks up at the trees and hears cicadas buzzing (me: wait why are they not fighting over the boy?). We hear ksh's voice again "should I go or not, mom or dad? The choices I have had to make have been more serious than choosing what flavor of ice cream I like, it's like asking if I want red or blue tissue paper".

We see Ji hye (ksh) and a friend at their teacher's office at school, friend asks "will you go?" Apparently there's an opportunity to study abroad for a month for free for students who exceled in English language. Ji Hye and her friend are the top 2 students. Their teacher is advising them to take the opportunity as it is a rare chance. She asks them to talk to their parents and get back to her, all they need is $2,000 for plane fare and everything else is covered. The teacher tells ji Hye to go so she can improve her English pronounciations to be able to properly compete with her friend seongyeon who can afford private tutoring.

Ji Hye and seongyeon are having lunch outside. Seongyeon asks again if ji hye will go and says it's extremely affordable, is it the Philippines? JiHye says no, England. Seongyeon says England, isn't that your dream? Ji Hye laughs and says what dream? Seongyeon says let's go together and think of it as a cheap holiday. Ji Hye says you're going to your aunt's in the US. Seongyeon says forget it, I'm tired of the US (me: aigoo see enjoyment), let's go together. I'll tell my mom. She starts dialling her phone to call her mom, there's a noise from the trees, Ji Hye says so noisy, seongyeon thinks she's referring to the noise from her phone and asks me? Ji Hye says no and looks up at the trees, seongyeon asks "the cicadas?" Ji Hye says yes, shouldn't the government do something about them. Seongyeon laughs and says but they're not harmful. Ji Hye says they are, they cause noise pollution, I'd prefer cockroaches.

At home, Ji Hye opens the rice cooker but the rice in it smells, she covers her nose and goes to the cupboard, gets a cup ramen and starts eating. Her mom walks in angrily arguing with her elder brother (ssw), she seized a motorcycle key from him telling him he's too young to be riding motorcycles, he's telling her he didn't ride it, that it's his friend that owns the bike, she says the friend can come get the keys and goes into her room. Ssw kicks the door saying it's not as if you Care about me so why are you acting like this? He goes into his room and slams the door. Ji Hye is just there eating her ramen in the living room.

After eating she goes into her mom's room with the consent form for the abroad study program. Mom is on the phone with her boss who's sending her on errands, she collects the form from Ji Hye and starts writing down the things her boss is requesting for on the back of the form (me:wow). Ji Hye is angry. She ends the call and asks what is it? Ji asks "mom do you have $2,000?" Mom replies $2,000, for what? Ji Hye turns the form to the front. Mom glances at it and says what a waste of time, why does a high schooler need to go abroad? Ji Hye says that's not it, even kids younger than me go these days. Her Mom has turned to her laptop watching a lecture. Ji Hye says can't you turn that off? Mom says you have to pay for everything anyway. Ji Hye shows her mom the form again and says it's for a month, the $2,000 is just for plane fare. Mom says in University they send you on those for free. Ji Hye says but to get into University... The mom pushes the paper away and says I don't have money, I'm paying for graduate school. Ji Hye is pissed and closes her mom's laptop, mom says Ryu Ji Hye did you leave any money with me, why are you angry? Ji Hye says I'm not angry. Mom says you've done fine without things like this. Ji Hye says Yes i have so far but I can't anymore. What's the use in doing my best, how can I beat kids that have been going abroad since they were little? Some families take out loans for their children's education but you're so busy with your studies, you don't even give me a chance.

The next day at school, teacher gives Ji Hye and seongyeon the application forms and tells them to write a good application letter cos only the best will be accepted.

She's at home typing her letter when ssw comes in reading what she's typing aloud and leaning behind her "I want to experience a wider world... She pushes him, covers the screen with her palm and says go away. He pushes her off her seat and says move, I need the computer. She sits back on the chair and says I have to do this now. He says you better be through before I finish taking my shower or I'll kill you. She calls him a jerk and continues typing. As he's about to go in, he falls on the floor and starts screaming cockroach! He runs to her side, she tells him to kill it himself, he's literally about to cry begging her, she says what do I get in return? He says you can use the computer, she smiles and hits the cockroach with her textbook and flushes it down the toilet. Her voiceover "the cockroach doesn't make a sound even to the point of death (me:erm have you met the ones in Nigeria?) It's fortunate for both humans and cockroaches, since they make no noise they can co exist with humans. If cockroaches cried like cicadas..she shivers.

The next morning ssw is telling their Mom to call the exterminator that the cockroach he saw was as big as his finger. She says Why would they call the exterminator over 1 cockroach, he says if there's 1 that means there are thousands, they're hiding somewhere, do you know how Sly they are? She says then tell them to keep hiding. He says what crap is that? (me: these kids are rude sha) she says how dare you? Don't speak like that to your mother. They continue quarreling. Ji Hye is there eating breakfast as usual. Her voiceover "dogs bark, cicadas buzz, every human has their distinct sound, but cockroaches don't make a sound. They must have evolved that way to survive, if they made a sound it'd be easy to know where they were. How did humans survive? They make the most noise of all. Ssw walks out saying even a dog won't eat the food their Mom is trying to give him. Ji Hye finishes eating and goes into her room. Mom asks why aren't you wearing your school uniform. Ji Hye whines "I told you today was our school anniversary holiday. I have to make a passport". Mom says really? I'll give you my card later, use that. Ji Hye says money does not solve everything, underaged kids need a guardian. Mom says that's during my work hours how can I go with you? It's ok, you're all grown up (me: no she's not) you don't need a guardian, just call me if there's a problem.

Ji Hye is walking happily to the immigration office, cicadas start to buzz in the trees and she starts frowning. She looks up and says how did they survive without becoming extinct?

At the office they tell her they need her father to come with her since she's on his family register. She says it's been 10 years since my parents divorced and I've been living with my mom all this time. I haven't even contacted him... The lady attending to her says I understand your situation but according to the records your mom is just living with you, I can't issue your passport. Actually it wouldn't be an issue if your dad had passed away.

She's going back home, she calls her Mom and tells her she'd need a guardian. Mom says but we don't even know where your Dad is so how do we get him?. Ji Hye whines "I already told them they say it had to be da.." Mom says let's talk when I get home and ends the call.

Ji Hye gets home angry, goes into her mom's room and starts searching through her documents and diaries looking for anything related to her dad.

Later at night, mom gets home and is surprised to see her room scattered with papers and Ji Hye sitting tiredly like a zombie. She goes in and starts arranging the papers. Ji Hye asks "mom, don't you know dad's number or address?" Mom angrily says even the loan sharks don't know that. Ji Hye cries why did you put me in dad's family register? Mom says he said he wouldn't pay for child support unless I did, what choice did I have? Ji Hye says didn't you know this would happen? Mom says just wait a few more years, when you're an adult this won't matter. Ji Hye says What about my passport? Mom says it can't be helped, it's not like we can change the law. Ji Hye says mom, doesn't Dad have family or siblings, or even friends or a work place? Mom eyes her and says you've never cared about your father and now you ask these things? Ji Hye shouts what choice do I have? I can't make a passport without him. Mom says forget about your passport, will you die if you don't go abroad? Ji Hye screams he's of no use to me, it'd be better if he were dead. She storms out, goes to her room, throws her books on the floor, tears the application form and starts crying. Her voiceover "mom was right, I've never once cared about my dad, much like a cockroach, he was ever silent in my life. Father, fatherhood, these words never existed in my life, and that never affected my life, however someone who's been haunted by a cockroach never forgets that experience".

She goes into ssw's room (his name is Jihan) and starts searching his drawers. She finds a picture of their family when they were kids and sees a letter from their dad addressed to him (me:*sigh* there's always that one kid that secretly keeps in touch with them deadbeat dads huh?). Ji han comes in and angrily asks what are you doing in my room? She hides the letter behind her, he comes close to hit her and she says cockroach! He moves back scared saying what?! She says I came in to kill a cockroach. He starts running around shouting where? Kill it. She uses the opportunity to run into her room and lock the door. He starts banging her door telling her to come kill the cockroach, she tells him she can't cos it ran under the bookshelf. He keeps banging the door, while she calls the phone number on the envelope, the envelope is for a company called dongmin service center. Someone answers the call, she asks if a Ryu jeongcheol works there, the person asks who he's talking to, she says this is Ryu jeongcheol's daughter. The person says there's no one by that name here and ends the call.

At school the next day her teacher is scolding her asking her what she means by she can't get a passport, Ji Hye is embarrassed to explain the real situation. A well dressed woman comes to say hello to the teacher, sees Ji Hye, looks at her name tag and says Ji Hye, Ryu Ji Hye? Ji Hye says yes I am but who are you ma'am? Woman says I'm seongyeon's mom.

Seongyeon, her parents and Ji Hye are eating at a fancy restaurant. Seongyeon says wow how were you able to recognize her? Mom says I was a little unsure but saw her name tag and knew, I've heard so much about her from you. She asked Ji Hye were you shocked? She smiles and says no. Seongyeon's dad says I would have done the same thing, since you're the first friend she's had, she's always talking about you. I've heard about your situation, don't worry about your family register, I'll help you get a passport. Mom says I've spoken with your teacher, don't worry too much. Ji Hye says I don't know how to thank you. Dad says no need for that, we were worried about seongyeon going alone, you going with her is good for us. Mom says but how come you're so mature? you don't act like you're agemates with seongyeon. Are you the oldest? Ji Hye says no I have an older brother. Seongyeon says really, you have an older brother? Mom asks how old is he? She says 18. Dad says oh, he must be in the university, I should ask him to tutor seongyeon (lewl). Seongyeon says yes, let's have group lessons. Mom says but your mother is amazing, raising 2 wonderful kids. Dad says that's right, when I take on violence and assault cases, most kids come from single parent homes, you've been raised well (me: really dude?). Lol poor ji Hye looks like ground swallow me but smiles. Her phone starts ringing, it's her Mom calling, she puts it on silence.

Seongyeon's parents drop her off in front of her house. She finally picks up her mom's call. Mom asks why haven't you been picking, are you home? She says no I just got home, do you know what happened today seongyeon's... Mum cuts in I'm going crazy because of your brother, Ji Hye is hurt cos mom didn't listen to her news. Mom continues I'm at the police station. Ji Hye asks why? Mom says he assaulted someone. Ji Hye says again? Mom says anyway we'll be late so don't wait up for us, have you had dinner? Ji Hye says yes, seongyeon's parents.... A policeman calls mom, she says I'm coming and ends the call.

Ji Hye goes in, happily tapes the receipt for her passport application on her wall and starts studying.

A few hours later mom and Ji Han come home. He goes straight into his room while Mom sits sadly on the chair. Ji Hye asks is everything alright? Mom says the other party started the fight but your brother beat him to a bloody pulp, does he think he'll go to juvie for the rest of his life? Ji Hye asks so what's going to happen now? Mom says we have to reach a settlement. Ji Hye says at least they're not pressing charges, it's better than going to court. Mom says they're asking for a huge amount to settle and even though it's less than the amount to hire a lawyer, it's still really inconvenient. Ji Hye says then what about my plane fare? Mom eyes her and says you can't go anyway cos you don't have a passport. Ji Hye says no I can make a passport now, seongyeon's parents are helping me. Mom says there's nothing we can do, we can't let your brother become an ex-con, I'm really tired, let me get some rest. Ji Hye shouts if he's committed a crime then he's a criminal. Mom says what? Ji Hye cries why does he cause trouble all the time and I bear the consequences? She goes into her room and slams the door. Ji han shouts ya! Are you insane, how dare you slam the door? He starts hitting her door asking her to open it. She screams back how dare you cause trouble? Ji Hye goes to her bed to cry while Ji Han and their mom argue.

At school Ji Hye apologizes to her teacher and tells her she won't be able to go for the program cos she doesn't have money for the fare. She tells Seongyeon to apologize to her parents for putting them through the trouble of helping her. Seongyeon says there's no need to apologise, she'd have liked to ask her Dad to pay but she knows Ji Hye will not accept it (me: honestly I see this thing on TV both Korean and Hollywood, a kid who has rich friends does not like to look like a charity case and honestly me I don't understand it, I think it's unnecessary pride. Maybe it's cos I don't have chaebol children as friends but imagine that I'm friends with cuppy and then otedola offers to put me through school or something, do y'all think I will say no because I don't want to look like a charity case lmao abeg if it's possible for someone to pay my bills for the rest of my life. I will gladly accept it Biko). Ji Hye receives a text from her mom asking her what time she's closing from school and if she'd like to eat out with her? She turns off her phone.

Ji Hye gets home and sees ji Han in front of the house with his friend on the friend's motorbike. She ignores them and the friend asks who's that? Ji han says my younger sister. Friend says really? You don't look anything alike, how old is she? She's so pretty. Ji han says let's go.

Ji Hye is sleeping when her phone rings, she picks up. The voice asks is this Ji Hye, she says yes. He says it's me Dad. How has my daughter been, how many years has it been? Hearing your voice you're all grown up. She asks how did you find my number? He says I heard you called my friend, I
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
saved the number you used. Is something up at home? She says nothing, I just wanted to know how you've been. He starts crying "the heavens finally answered my prayers" she says what? He says I left you and your mom because of debt and squandered my life, I went from here and there that my health deteriorated so much that I asked my friend for a favor to work at his shop dongmin service center. I'm living there at the moment. She asks are you sick? He says jihye I.. I have liver cancer. Are you listening? She says yes. He says I've been punished for all my wrongdoings so I wanted to die with my family beside me, I prayed for that so much and then you called me. Thank you so much Ji Hye. She says yes. He says please tell Mom to live with me again, that's what you want too right,You want to see me too. Ji Hye says yes (me: lmao this idiot is looking for a nurse to take care of him now that he's ill).

The next morning, mom asks if she went to bed early cos she didn't even eat her dinner. Ji Hye says the rice smells. Mom says then eat ramen. I asked you if you would like to eat out with me. Ji Hye asks Mom why did you divorce dad? Mom says are you talking about going abroad again? She's says no, can't I even ask why you divorced? Mom says we lost everything due to his greed, we divorced when we were steeped in debt. I stood as a guarantor for him and finished paying the debt when you were in junior high. Ji Hye asks so you divorced him cos of debt? Mom says if it were only debt, I would have earned the money. He was an alcoholic. You were growing everyday and he got drunk everyday. I thought he'd die of alcohol poisoning, I guess he hasn't died yet. Ji Hye says you speak so harshly. Mom says what's so harsh, who cares? He's a stranger. Consider yourself lucky that you were too young to remember, look at your brother. We weren't just a good match, even the Fortune tellers said we'd die if we lived together.

At school teacher tells Ji Hye that the education board has agreed to offer full scholarship to people with good grades, all she has to do is take an exam and get at least top 3 position. Seongyeon offers to buy her past questions to study and this time Ji Hye agrees (me: aigoo thank God).

They are going to the bus station from the bookstore when Ji Hye sees ji Han and his gang with their motorcycles. She's embarrassed because seongyeon will get to see who her brother is but that's the only way to the bus station, she decides to pass and pretend they are not there. The friend who was with him last night says Ji Han is that not your sister?, he looks at her and says no. The friend blocks their path and says hey ji Han it's your sister. Their ring leader comes and says is this Ji Han's sister, you're cute, how old are you? He touches the strap of her backpack and says do you want oppa to carry your bag for you? Ji Han removes his hand and says she's not my sister. Ring leader says as if, she's obviously your sister, he reaches for the bag again saying let oppa carry it for you. Ji Han pushes him. They're about to start fighting. The rest of the boys try to separate them, Ji Hye and seongyeon run to the bus stop.

They get in a bus, seongyeon says what's with those boys, they're just a bunch of thugs. Ji Hye says I know right. Her phone rings, she picks, it's her dad (*sigh*). Seongyeon asks who it is, Ji Hye says no one important. She asks him what the matter is? He says I don't only call when there's a problem, I just called to hear your voice. Did you tell your mom and brother about me? She says I've been too busy to talk to them. He says I know you're busy but it's up to you to make our family come together (me: somebody hold me, I want to stab this man). She says I'm at school now, he says no problem, I'll call you later in the night. Seongyeon asks who's that? Ji Hye says just a friend of my mom's. Seongyeon says you must be really uncomfortable with the person for you to lie like that. She gets to her stop and says she's going to her dad's office to meet him for a date, she asks Ji Hye if she'd like to join her but Ji Hye declines.

Ji Hye is home, she wants to get a drink from the fridge when she sees a cricket on the floor, she drops her glass and runs into the room, she calls her Mom crying and asking why she hasn't called the exterminator yet. Mom is at a karaoke for a work drink whatever that thing Koreans do lol, the place is noisy and she has to shout, she asks if there's another cockroach? Ji Hye says it was a cricket. Mom says crickets are not harmful, Ji Hye says I don't care, I don't want to see them. Mom says what's wrong with you, it's not even a cockroach but a cricket. Ji Hye cries they make too much noise. Another call comes in, it's her dad. She removes the battery from her phone and closes her ears.

Jihan and his friends gather with their bikes. One of them says Jihan you still don't have a bike? His friend says ever since he went to juvie his Mom has been so strict. Ji Han says I'm a loser at home. Ring leader says you're a total loser, you're scared of even your little sister. Ji han says she's not my sister. Ring leader says then why do you get so worked up? I'm pretty sure she's your sister. The other guys say can we leave this matter alone. Ring leader says are you ashamed of us? Ji Han says it's not like that. Ring leader says then what, do you get bashed at home if you say hi to your sister, or you think we'll mess with her? I wouldn't even have her if you gave her to me. Ji Han punches him and starts beating him while the others struggle to separate them.

At school Ji Hye didn't do her assignment and gets beaten by the teacher. Seongyeon asks her why she didn't do it, Ji Hye says she has a lot on her mind lately. Seongyeon tells her not to overdo studying for the scholarship exam (me: aigoo babes that is not the problem). She says my dad wants to buy us dinner today, will you come? Ji Hye says she can't but seongyeon says he also wants to talk to you about your family register so Ji Hye agrees.

They are at his office, the receptionist serves them juice and tells them to be patient, an old client of the dad came for an impromptu meeting. Dad finishes the meeting and steps out with his old client. Ghen ghen it's jihye's mom and Ji Han. Seongyeon recognizes Ji han and says oh is this not that thug? Mom says Ji Hye what are you doing here? Ji Hye runs out in tears. Her mom runs out and catches up to her. Ji Hye says what is it this time, another assault? Mom says and why are you here? She says I told you seongyeon's dad is a lawyer, I told you so many times but you wouldn't listen. Why did you have to come here? Ji Han comes and says ya! Ryu Ji Hye who are you to shout at Mom (me: didn't she learn from you?). Ji Hye says don't play the older brother, it's despicable. He says what, are you insane? She says why, are you going to hit me too? Go on then, we're at a lawyer's office so go ahead. Mom says Ryu Ji Hye stop that. Ji Hye says you're embarrassing, I wish you weren't my family. Mom slaps her. She eyes them and walks out crying.

We see her walking around, crying and hear her voiceover "a cockroach, a family of cockroaches, a family that even makes loud noises, I've lived in that family of cockroaches thinking that I'm human, but when my mom hit me I realized ah i was the cockroach in my family, having to keep quiet all the time. A cockroach.

Mom is waiting in front of the house worried, she keeps trying Ji hye's number but it doesn't ring. Ji Hye comes home, Mom runs to her and asks where have you been? I've been worried. Ji Hye ignores and continues going in. Mom says you can't come after making me worry for so long and keep quiet. Ji Hye says I'll just remain silent and out of your way. Just leave me alone.

She's studying in her room and her phone rings, it's her dad. She ignores it but it keeps ringing, she picks up and says Yes. He says why does my daughter sound so cold, you didn't even pick my call earlier. She says I was busy, I have an important exam tomorrow. He says I see, did you tell your mom about me? She says mom is also busy. He asks and your brother, is he staying out of trouble? She says yes. He says is that all you have to tell me? I'm a little upset, tell me some details, I need to know how you guys are living so it'll be easier when we live together. He starts making some funny noises and she asks are you drunk? He says the thing is ji hye, I'm really... really sick, I need you to talk to your mom and your brother so that we can live together before I die. She says I'm sorry but I'm really busy, I have an important exam tomorrow. He says jihye don't live like that, he keeps repeating it. She hangs up.

The next day she's at the exam hall but can't focus cos she keeps hearing her dad's voice say jihye don't live like that.

She's hanging out with seongyeon who's cheering her up and saying she's sure ji Hye did well on the exam. Seongyeon says I say things as they are and that's why I was an outcast but you Ji Hye, you hide too much, you don't have to be like that. I'm like this but you don't run away, do you think I'd run away from you?

She gets home and is surprised to see her Mom and Ji Han at home. Mom says where have you been, where's your phone? Ji Hye says I told you I had my exam today, I left it at home. Is there a problem? Ji han says dad passed away. Mom says he was lying dead on the street, he had no phone or anything so they contacted you guys since you're on his family register. She asks what about the funeral? Ji Han says it's at a hospital at changwon. She says we're heading there right? Mom says we don't know if we'll go yet, we don't know what's going on there either. She's asks what do you mean? Ji Han says since we're on his family register, we might inherit his debts. Mom says let's think about it till tomorrow, then decide. Her Voiceover "to go or not to go?". Flashback to when the parents were fighting over her in the beginning. Her voiceover continues "what choice did I make back then? When I was young it's not like I hated my dad but I wanted to go with mom. Like mom said he was always drunk and if he ran out of alcohol late at night he became an entirely different person plus at dad's house they were always lots of cockroaches, so many that my brother is still scared of them."

The next day at school seongyeon's dad comes to pick her up, he offers to give Ji Hye a ride but she declines. He tells her she doesn't have to do anything about her family register again and offers his condolences on her dad's passing.

She gets home and reads the letter her dad sent to her brother (me: it's true o, she never read the letter, just took the phone number). Flashback to the beginning when they were fighting over her. We hear her voiceover "to go or not to go? At that moment I looked at my brother, no one asked him anything, he just kept silent the whole time. And in the letter dad sent to him, there was nothing about him, it was all about me and mom. Was it because of the noisy cicadas? My brother had no expression on his face but I thought he was crying out, "don't go, don't go". She's goes to the place he hangs out with his friends and says what are you doing here, mom's waiting, hurry up. She takes his hand and they start leaving. His friends ask him where he's going? He says he'll be back.

They're home, Mom asks have you all thought about it? Ji Hye says seongyeon's dad says we can write a refusal of inheritance. Dad had a lot of debts, he said it'll be best if we don't attend the funeral. Ji Han says ya Ryu Ji Hye, let's write that refusal or whatever tomorrow. Happy now? I'm going out. He starts to put on his shoe while Ji Hye is about to enter her room when their Mom cries "he should have stayed alive, if he'd left after causing me so much pain, he should have at least lived a good life, why cause me so much pain till the end". Ji han starts crying too, he says why are you even sad, we've lived fine without him, we'll continue to live fine without him. Ji Hye also starts crying. Everyone cries and cries and cries. Ji Hye's voiceover "dogs bark, cicadas buzz, all 3 of us cried in different ways. Flashback to her Mom and brother fighting while she ate ramen, her Voiceover "my brother and mom were also crying but I couldn't hear them, that's because I'd been blocking my ears, I think my dad's final words were telling me to open my ears now. Just as the cockroaches survive because they make no sound, humans cry in order to survive, each in their own way.

A few days later, Ji Hye is ready to travel to England, her Mom is ready to take her to the airport and Ji Han says he cooked rice for her to eat, everyone is surprised. The rice was not well done but she still ate it, they both feed her, they are clearly happier. Ji Han tells her to bring him back a gift. They all smile. The endeu

I'd rate this 10/10

WHAT I LIKED
1. OK so honestly there's really nothing to hate about this drama. It's like a mellow slice of life movie and I loved it. I like how it shows the effect of divorce on families, I love how Ji Hye was able to realize that she wasn't the only one hurting. I felt bad for all of them but my heart went out to Ji han more. Imagine feeling like the child nobody wants from that little age and I'm sure it wasn't even their mom's intention to make it seem like she was only fighting for Ji Hye but that was how he saw it and it's sad that the only way he could get attention was by causing trouble. And his fear of cockroaches stemming from his memories of his dad. Ji hye's fear of cicadas coming from the moment of her "first dilemma" I liked how they all cried at the end, not necessarily cos of the dad's death but of everything they've been through and every opportunity they've lost plus all of the what ifs. I like that Ji Hye has a true friend in seongyeon, she might not be perfect but she has her best interests at heart. I like the fact that as useless as their dad was he still somehow opened Ji hye's eyes to her selfishness. Anyway this drama had me in my feels and I actually didn't cry! I'm proud of myself lol

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by PATAlolade(m): 6:41am On Oct 16, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
saved the number you used. Is something up at home? She says nothing, I just wanted to know how you've been. He starts crying "the heavens finally answered my prayers" she says what? He says I left you and your mom because of debt and squandered my life, I went from here and there that my health deteriorated so much that I asked my friend for a favor to work at his shop dongmin service center. I'm living there at the moment. She asks are you sick? He says jihye I.. I have liver cancer. Are you listening? She says yes. He says I've been punished for all my wrongdoings so I wanted to die with my family beside me, I prayed for that so much and then you called me. Thank you so much Ji Hye. She says yes. He says please tell Mom to live with me again, that's what you want too right,You want to see me too. Ji Hye says yes (me: lmao this idiot is looking for a nurse to take care of him now that he's ill).

The next morning, mom asks if she went to bed early cos she didn't even eat her dinner. Ji Hye says the rice smells. Mom says then eat ramen. I asked you if you would like to eat out with me. Ji Hye asks Mom why did you divorce dad? Mom says are you talking about going abroad again? She's says no, can't I even ask why you divorced? Mom says we lost everything due to his greed, we divorced when we were steeped in debt. I stood as a guarantor for him and finished paying the debt when you were in junior high. Ji Hye asks so you divorced him cos of debt? Mom says if it were only debt, I would have earned the money. He was an alcoholic. You were growing everyday and he got drunk everyday. I thought he'd die of alcohol poisoning, I guess he hasn't died yet. Ji Hye says you speak so harshly. Mom says what's so harsh, who cares? He's a stranger. Consider yourself lucky that you were too young to remember, look at your brother. We weren't just a good match, even the Fortune tellers said we'd die if we lived together.

At school teacher tells Ji Hye that the education board has agreed to offer full scholarship to people with good grades, all she has to do is take an exam and get at least top 3 position. Seongyeon offers to buy her past questions to study and this time Ji Hye agrees (me: aigoo thank God).

They are going to the bus station from the bookstore when Ji Hye sees ji Han and his gang with their motorcycles. She's embarrassed because seongyeon will get to see who her brother is but that's the only way to the bus station, she decides to pass and pretend they are not there. The friend who was with him last night says Ji Han is that not your sister?, he looks at her and says no. The friend blocks their path and says hey ji Han it's your sister. Their ring leader comes and says is this Ji Han's sister, you're cute, how old are you? He touches the strap of her backpack and says do you want oppa to carry your bag for you? Ji Han removes his hand and says she's not my sister. Ring leader says as if, she's obviously your sister, he reaches for the bag again saying let oppa carry it for you. Ji Han pushes him. They're about to start fighting. The rest of the boys try to separate them, Ji Hye and seongyeon run to the bus stop.

They get in a bus, seongyeon says what's with those boys, they're just a bunch of thugs. Ji Hye says I know right. Her phone rings, she picks, it's her dad (*sigh*). Seongyeon asks who it is, Ji Hye says no one important. She asks him what the matter is? He says I don't only call when there's a problem, I just called to hear your voice. Did you tell your mom and brother about me? She says I've been too busy to talk to them. He says I know you're busy but it's up to you to make our family come together (me: somebody hold me, I want to stab this man). She says I'm at school now, he says no problem, I'll call you later in the night. Seongyeon asks who's that? Ji Hye says just a friend of my mom's. Seongyeon says you must be really uncomfortable with the person for you to lie like that. She gets to her stop and says she's going to her dad's office to meet him for a date, she asks Ji Hye if she'd like to join her but Ji Hye declines.

Ji Hye is home, she wants to get a drink from the fridge when she sees a cricket on the floor, she drops her glass and runs into the room, she calls her Mom crying and asking why she hasn't called the exterminator yet. Mom is at a karaoke for a work drink whatever that thing Koreans do lol, the place is noisy and she has to shout, she asks if there's another cockroach? Ji Hye says it was a cricket. Mom says crickets are not harmful, Ji Hye says I don't care, I don't want to see them. Mom says what's wrong with you, it's not even a cockroach but a cricket. Ji Hye cries they make too much noise. Another call comes in, it's her dad. She removes the battery from her phone and closes her ears.

Jihan and his friends gather with their bikes. One of them says Jihan you still don't have a bike? His friend says ever since he went to juvie his Mom has been so strict. Ji Han says I'm a loser at home. Ring leader says you're a total loser, you're scared of even your little sister. Ji han says she's not my sister. Ring leader says then why do you get so worked up? I'm pretty sure she's your sister. The other guys say can we leave this matter alone. Ring leader says are you ashamed of us? Ji Han says it's not like that. Ring leader says then what, do you get bashed at home if you say hi to your sister, or you think we'll mess with her? I wouldn't even have her if you gave her to me. Ji Han punches him and starts beating him while the others struggle to separate them.

At school Ji Hye didn't do her assignment and gets beaten by the teacher. Seongyeon asks her why she didn't do it, Ji Hye says she has a lot on her mind lately. Seongyeon tells her not to overdo studying for the scholarship exam (me: aigoo babes that is not the problem). She says my dad wants to buy us dinner today, will you come? Ji Hye says she can't but seongyeon says he also wants to talk to you about your family register so Ji Hye agrees.

They are at his office, the receptionist serves them juice and tells them to be patient, an old client of the dad came for an impromptu meeting. Dad finishes the meeting and steps out with his old client. Ghen ghen it's jihye's mom and Ji Han. Seongyeon recognizes Ji han and says oh is this not that thug? Mom says Ji Hye what are you doing here? Ji Hye runs out in tears. Her mom runs out and catches up to her. Ji Hye says what is it this time, another assault? Mom says and why are you here? She says I told you seongyeon's dad is a lawyer, I told you so many times but you wouldn't listen. Why did you have to come here? Ji Han comes and says ya! Ryu Ji Hye who are you to shout at Mom (me: didn't she learn from you?). Ji Hye says don't play the older brother, it's despicable. He says what, are you insane? She says why, are you going to hit me too? Go on then, we're at a lawyer's office so go ahead. Mom says Ryu Ji Hye stop that. Ji Hye says you're embarrassing, I wish you weren't my family. Mom slaps her. She eyes them and walks out crying.

We see her walking around, crying and hear her voiceover "a cockroach, a family of cockroaches, a family that even makes loud noises, I've lived in that family of cockroaches thinking that I'm human, but when my mom hit me I realized ah i was the cockroach in my family, having to keep quiet all the time. A cockroach.

Mom is waiting in front of the house worried, she keeps trying Ji hye's number but it doesn't ring. Ji Hye comes home, Mom runs to her and asks where have you been? I've been worried. Ji Hye ignores and continues going in. Mom says you can't come after making me worry for so long and keep quiet. Ji Hye says I'll just remain silent and out of your way. Just leave me alone.

She's studying in her room and her phone rings, it's her dad. She ignores it but it keeps ringing, she picks up and says Yes. He says why does my daughter sound so cold, you didn't even pick my call earlier. She says I was busy, I have an important exam tomorrow. He says I see, did you tell your mom about me? She says mom is also busy. He asks and your brother, is he staying out of trouble? She says yes. He says is that all you have to tell me? I'm a little upset, tell me some details, I need to know how you guys are living so it'll be easier when we live together. He starts making some funny noises and she asks are you drunk? He says the thing is ji hye, I'm really... really sick, I need you to talk to your mom and your brother so that we can live together before I die. She says I'm sorry but I'm really busy, I have an important exam tomorrow. He says jihye don't live like that, he keeps repeating it. She hangs up.

The next day she's at the exam hall but can't focus cos she keeps hearing her dad's voice say jihye don't live like that.

She's hanging out with seongyeon who's cheering her up and saying she's sure ji Hye did well on the exam. Seongyeon says I say things as they are and that's why I was an outcast but you Ji Hye, you hide too much, you don't have to be like that. I'm like this but you don't run away, do you think I'd run away from you?

She gets home and is surprised to see her Mom and Ji Han at home. Mom says where have you been, where's your phone? Ji Hye says I told you I had my exam today, I left it at home. Is there a problem? Ji han says dad passed away. Mom says he was lying dead on the street, he had no phone or anything so they contacted you guys since you're on his family register. She asks what about the funeral? Ji Han says it's at a hospital at changwon. She says we're heading there right? Mom says we don't know if we'll go yet, we don't know what's going on there either. She's asks what do you mean? Ji Han says since we're on his family register, we might inherit his debts. Mom says let's think about it till tomorrow, then decide. Her Voiceover "to go or not to go?". Flashback to when the parents were fighting over her in the beginning. Her voiceover continues "what choice did I make back then? When I was young it's not like I hated my dad but I wanted to go with mom. Like mom said he was always drunk and if he ran out of alcohol late at night he became an entirely different person plus at dad's house they were always lots of cockroaches, so many that my brother is still scared of them."

The next day at school seongyeon's dad comes to pick her up, he offers to give Ji Hye a ride but she declines. He tells her she doesn't have to do anything about her family register again and offers his condolences on her dad's passing.

She gets home and reads the letter her dad sent to her brother (me: it's true o, she never read the letter, just took the phone number). Flashback to the beginning when they were fighting over her. We hear her voiceover "to go or not to go? At that moment I looked at my brother, no one asked him anything, he just kept silent the whole time. And in the letter dad sent to him, there was nothing about him, it was all about me and mom. Was it because of the noisy cicadas? My brother had no expression on his face but I thought he was crying out, "don't go, don't go". She's goes to the place he hangs out with his friends and says what are you doing here, mom's waiting, hurry up. She takes his hand and they start leaving. His friends ask him where he's going? He says he'll be back.

They're home, Mom asks have you all thought about it? Ji Hye says seongyeon's dad says we can write a refusal of inheritance. Dad had a lot of debts, he said it'll be best if we don't attend the funeral. Ji Han says ya Ryu Ji Hye, let's write that refusal or whatever tomorrow. Happy now? I'm going out. He starts to put on his shoe while Ji Hye is about to enter her room when their Mom cries "he should have stayed alive, if he'd left after causing me so much pain, he should have at least lived a good life, why cause me so much pain till the end". Ji han starts crying too, he says why are you even sad, we've lived fine without him, we'll continue to live fine without him. Ji Hye also starts crying. Everyone cries and cries and cries. Ji Hye's voiceover "dogs bark, cicadas buzz, all 3 of us cried in different ways. Flashback to her Mom and brother fighting while she ate ramen, her Voiceover "my brother and mom were also crying but I couldn't hear them, that's because I'd been blocking my ears, I think my dad's final words were telling me to open my ears now. Just as the cockroaches survive because they make no sound, humans cry in order to survive, each in their own way.

A few days later, Ji Hye is ready to travel to England, her Mom is ready to take her to the airport and Ji Han says he cooked rice for her to eat, everyone is surprised. The rice was not well done but she still ate it, they both feed her, they are clearly happier. Ji Han tells her to bring him back a gift. They all smile. The endeu

I'd rate this 10/10

WHAT I LIKED
1. OK so honestly there's really nothing to hate about this drama. It's like a mellow slice of life movie and I loved it. I like how it shows the effect of divorce on families, I love how Ji Hye was able to realize that she wasn't the only one hurting. I felt bad for all of them but my heart went out to Ji han more. Imagine feeling like the child nobody wants from that little age and I'm sure it wasn't even their mom's intention to make it seem like she was only fighting for Ji Hye but that was how he saw it and it's sad that the only way he could get attention was by causing trouble. And his fear of cockroaches stemming from his memories of his dad. Ji hye's fear of cicadas coming from the moment of her "first dilemma" I liked how they all cried at the end, not necessarily cos of the dad's death but of everything they've been through and every opportunity they've lost plus all of the what ifs. I like that Ji Hye has a true friend in seongyeon, she might not be perfect but she has her best interests at heart. I like the fact that as useless as their dad was he still somehow opened Ji hye's eyes to her selfishness. Anyway this drama had me in my feels and I actually didn't cry! I'm proud of myself lol
I always love her in school uniform, I watched Love Alarm because of her.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2021
Birthdays :

1. Kim Ah Joong

2. Choi Dae Chul

3. Jung Jin Young

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 7:52am On Oct 16, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
*clears throat* let the record show that @toykathy got all answers today.

Vulture @raphaella wanted to feed today but justice says no lol

Yippee! Weldone, I had planned to sell you off to Korea before grin

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by bukatyne(f): 7:56am On Oct 16, 2021
toykathy:

Korean writers tend to deviate a lot from their story lines and thus makes their dramas boring most times. Like I said, I hope this one stays good cuz it's not a new story.

Hmmmmmm.

What other drama has same storyline?

I am also curious to know the end that would work.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by bukatyne(f): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2021
Ovems:

Have you seen Lovers Of The Red Sky?

No please.

Is it good?

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 8:52am On Oct 16, 2021
PATAlolade:

I always love her in school uniform, I watched Love Alarm because of her.

Right lol and she's growing up so fast, she'll soon stop giving us highschool roles

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2021
toykathy:

Yippee! Weldone, I had planned to sell you off to Korea before grin

Aishh! You know what please sell me there. Raphaella won!

I want to go and visit some oppas abeg

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:41am On Oct 16, 2021
Random post: I think it's amazing how even though cnblue is a 12 year old group, plus the scandals they have had and the fact that they're basically now old school in Korea, they are still fnc's highest earners. And it's more helpful cos most of their revenue come from Japan so there's that foreign money element in play but did those children jazz the Japanese people. They love them too much. I read a report that said among the Korean entertainment companies, the highest earners from Japanese sales are fnc cos of cnblue and jyp cos of niziu which is infact a Japanese group so.... Anyway I'm glad their doing so well, my only problem is they'll probably never leave fnc for as long as they live. Aigoo

P.s: happy birthday to my sweet babe Kim ah joong unni, I heard she was offered some sort of sci fi drama with seo kang Joon, I hope she accepts it, I haven't seen her in anything since 2017 when she did live up to your name

*Currently watching*: hometown Cha Cha Cha, lost
Song of the day: play the music dj - miss a
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:52am On Oct 16, 2021
Who Sang it better
Song title: anyway
Artists: nflying vs akdong musician
My (hopefully) unbiased opinion: nflying's song is an awesome pop rock song. I think what I love the most about nflying's early hwesung era songs is the fact that they were very Hollywood records rock sounding. My love for rock started with Disney channel and Hollywood records so nflying will always have a special place in my heart plus the fact that they've literally had no meh song so far is a huge plus

Akmu's song is nice. Indie sounding. Love their voices of course, who wouldn't

If I had to score nflying would get 4/5 and akdong musician 2.5/5
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:55am On Oct 16, 2021
Guess the song title without vowels

WHNWSYNG - TYN
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2021
Guess the drama title without vowels

KLLMHLM

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Englishisamust: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Who Sang it better
Song title: anyway
Artists: nflying vs akdong musician
My (hopefully) unbiased opinion: nflying's song is an awesome pop rock song. I think what I love the most about nflying's early hwesung era songs is the fact that they were very Hollywood records rock sounding. My love for rock started with Disney channel and Hollywood records so nflying will always have a special place in my heart plus the fact that they've literally had no meh song so far is a huge plus

Akmu's song is nice. Indie sounding. Love their voices of course, who wouldn't

If I had to score nflying would get 4/5 and akdong musician 2.5/5

You must be a Korean citizen, your love Korean movie is out of this world. I always envy u

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2021
#spotlightsaturday

Today's spotlight is on the supporting characters from Poseidon

Lol TBH I can't remember anything about that drama except for the leads so... Erm goodnight

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2021
Englishisamust:

You must be a Korean citizen, your love Korean movie is out of this world. I always envy u

Lol well thank you I guess. I'm just always very obsessive when I like something, I don't even think it's a good thing tbh

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 10:02am On Oct 16, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

Aishh! You know what please sell me there. Raphaella won!

I want to go and visit some oppas abeg

LMAO!!! You're a clown sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) (1780) (1781) ... (2180) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.