Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others (1384 Views)

Photos Of Okorocha, Emeka Ihedioha & Jonathan: Caption Them / Pic of Okorocha dancing as Phyno Performs Live At Children's Day Celebration / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by oboy3(m): 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Contrary to news reports in many
National Dailies, the All Progressive
Congress (APC) candidate in the
November 16, 2013 Anambra State
gubernatorial polls got secured the
approval and consent of both the Palace
Secretary in the Palace of the Obi of
Onitsha ,and later the traditional ruler
Traditional as well as that of the Obi
Onitsha himself.
Hon Uche Okonkwo –Okom, former
member, Anambra State House of
Assembly and Director in the Chris N.
Ngige Campaign Organization who gave
this indication while speaking to a
handful of reporters who sort his
reaction to yesterday’s story said he
made the arrangements for the rally
which was first scheduled for three
previous dates before it finally held on
October 7, 2012 and got approval from
both high officers of the Palace.
‘I communicated the Igwe in my capacity
as Director of Operations and got a text
approval for our event.’ Okonkwo
informed, adding that ‘those who are
using the name of our revered traditional
ruler who extended all courtesies to me
and my principal are out to make
mischief, and to take away the attention
of an upbeat Anambra State from the
gains pf a successful rally, attended by
close to 120,000 dedicated supporters
who willingly gave out their funds for
Ngige to be the next governor’.
Continuing Okonkwo said, I contacted
the Igwe on October 5, 2013 to intimate
him with our program and to request a
visit to his palace by Ngige and
governors attending the rally and he
gladly approved’
To buttress his point Okonkwo-Okom
showed a text message response from
Igwe Alfred Achebe, (going by the name
saved on his handset)
It read in part: ‘Sorry I was not in a
position to talk last night .Indeed his
Excellency Dr Ngige and the governors
are very welcome. To ensure proper
protocol, please advise the number
coming and the names if possible.’
Okonkwo also noted: ‘Again when the
timing agreed for the courtesy call was
not congruent to either side, I was also a
joint decision by both parties to defer the
participation in the Ofala to another day
outside the rally day, Senator Dr Chris
Ngige will still lead us to l pay His Majesty
a homage as earlier scheduled and
deferred and that would be the time to
truly find out if some political
beneficiaries of confusion have not gone
to work’
Okonkwo Okom, therefore called on
Anambra people to take advantage of the
experience so far garnered by Dr Ngige,
and his track record and return Anambra
State to the path of true development in
the coming elections, because only God
knows why the date coincides with the
date a great Onitsha man who Ngige
believes in, being a Zikist, was born and
buried.
http://www.247ureports.com/obi-of-onitsha-approved-apc-rally-visit-of-ngige-okorocha-others/
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by gtrust: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
The Tradition has been there for more than 1000 years.

Anybody coming into Onitsha during 1st week of October is ONLY for the Ofala of the Obi oF Onitsha.

The man does not play politics and wouldn't have refused anybody authority to 'come to onitsha'.

The thing is Ngige disrespected the Tradition of the Land and it is not about permission or campaign but
rather RESPECT fot their way of life!

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by gtrust: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
The initial thoughts were that they were coming as guests of the Obi of Onisha for the Ofala and
it was made clear they have to obey the protocol.

You DO NOT ENTER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OFALA!
ONLY the Obi has that liberty because it is SOLELY his day!

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by oboy3(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
gtrust: The Tradition has been there for more than 1000 years.

Anybody coming into Onitsha during 1st week of October is ONLY for the Ofala of the Obi oF Onitsha.

The man does not play politics and wouldn't have refused anybody authority to 'come to onitsha'.

The thing is Ngige disrespected the Tradition of the Land and it is not about permission or campaign but
did you read this write-up at all?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by donphilopus: 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
o'boy:
did you read this write-up at all?
most of them don't read, they spew hocus pocus always

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
See Story... E no stop am from cursing APC and Ngige... hehehehehe! cool
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: See Story... E no stop am from cursing APC and Ngige... hehehehehe! cool

No mind that Yoruba boy, he is only trying to defend APC - Ngige.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Awakullowo: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
ibo people like to deceive themselves, they lied That they are predominantly christians not knowing That they are traditional (idol) worshipers.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by DerideGull(m): 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ndigbo should not trust any efulefu in APC.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by bushwailo: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
This Obi might have just foolishly cursed Anambra state undecided
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by agbameta: 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Talk about truth over evil... Ada Obi, see ya life. smh..
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Ngbokwu: 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
Awakullowo: ibo people like to deceive themselves, they lied That they are predominantly christians not knowing That they are traditional (idol) worshipers.
So are Igbo not predominantly christians?. So celebrating ofala festival is idol worship. Why do you write as if you are a school drop out?.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
this is just ridiculous! when I see these mis-steps I question Ngige's capacity to govern.

Firstly Ngige does not need the permission of the Obi of Onitsha in order to hold a political rally in Onitsha. However courtesy demands that he informs the Obi of his intention for such rally and most importantly of all the calendar days he can avoid that one day the Obi has his Ofala expecially when the Obi's offala day is well known even before Ngige declared to run!

Is he trying to compete how much crowd he can pull compared to the Obi or what?

This is just a very childish school boy error, there is no need for it!

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by gregg2: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Trailii: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
I said it.... When ghana must go bags starts coming in, mr obi will reverse his curse. Abi no b omo Igbo? They fit kill dere mama bcus of money. Mr obi or king obi I hail oooo
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by gtrust: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ngige came to Onitsha and DID NOT meet the Obi of Onitsha
He will therefore arrange to 'come another day' bla bla bla...

Ngige LACKS RESPECT for TRADITION!

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by soma042(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
~
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Sloan: 12:19am On Oct 11, 2013
gtrust: The Tradition has been there for more than 1000 years.

Which 1000 years? LWKMD? Show me any PROOF that there was anything recorded as "Ibo" and written down for at least 500 years, not to mention the ofala of a thing! I am waiting! You people won't stop trying to re-write history!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Sloan: 12:20am On Oct 11, 2013
mikeansy: this is just ridiculous! when I see these mis-steps I question Ngige's capacity to govern.

Firstly Ngige does not need the permission of the Obi of Onitsha in order to hold a political rally in Onitsha. However courtesy demands that he informs the Obi of his intention for such rally and most importantly of all the calendar days he can avoid that one day the Obi has his Ofala expecially when the Obi's offala day is well known even before Ngige declared to run!

Is he trying to compete how much crowd he can pull compared to the Obi or what?

This is just a very childish school boy error, there is no need for it!

But we all know that Ibos don't have kings or when did you start? Yes, he is the obi but not a crown bearing king or you care to expatiate? Ibo nweze! ??
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2: Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
What about PDP? Ar they honest?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by pheyikemi: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2: Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Liers, Liers, APC Liers
Shhhhh!, stop screaming and chanting those words like war songs. #sighs#, I see your fever hasn't broken yet. It is liars and not liers grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Approved Apc Rally Visit Of Okorocha Others by aj1802001: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sloan:

But we all know that Ibos don't have kings or when did you start? Yes, he is the obi but not a crown bearing king or you care to expatiate? Ibo nweze! ??
Read your history books and you will always know that the Onitsha people have always had a king since it came into existence and every Onitsha man can trace his history from our founder, Eze Chima till present. Even google will give you all this information. Onitsha has always had a crown bearing king, Ignorance is not an excuse even in this present time. Grow a pair.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan, Amaechi Fly In Same Chopper To Okrika / Do The Needful Debatable Or Not / President Jonathan’s 11th Private Jet! - Waste Of Money or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.