Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts (10668 Views)

Mikel Obi's Daughter In Piano Lesson With Her Grandma (photo) / Emmanuel Adebayor Boasts Of His Cars; Spells SEE As SEA / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Samakins(m): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Published on October 10, 2013 by
Chief Coach of Ethiopia, Bishaw Sewnet has vowed to teach the Super Eagles of Nigeria some football lessons when both teams clash Sunday in the first leg playoff of the Brazil 2014 World Cup.
Both countries clash Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Sewnet is already talking tough ahead of the tie.
He said his wards are battle ready for the star-studded Nigerian team.
Speaking from Ethiopia on a radio programme monitored in Lagos Thursday morning Sewnet disclosed that his players are in the best frame of mind going into the tie.
Sewnet, who was reappointed to the position after the resignation of Belgian coach Tom Saintfiet said he is not making an empty threat going into the cracker as his players have all resolved to give in their all to ensure that they upset the Nigerians come Sunday.

According to him: “It is football, Nigeria is a force to reckon with; no doubt about that, but let me tell the Nigerian team that they would be taught some football lessons when they visit Addis Ababa on Sunday.”
On injury worries in his camp, he said there is no cause for alarm as all the players in camp are injury free. “Except for some knocks, all the players here are doing well and they are all looking to the clash with great expectations,” Sewnet assured.
Meanwhile, leader of Nigeria’s advance party to Ethiopia, Barrister Christopher Green has told the Super Eagles and Nigerians who may have plans of coming to Ethiopia to be prepared for hostile reception on arrival in the country.
Green, Technical Committee Chairman of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF informed that the Ethiopians are leaving nothing to chance in ensuring that they make Nigerian’s stay in the country terrible.
He said on arrival in the country the hosts have not been friendly to anybody of Nigerian descent because they are hell-bent on making it to the World Cup.
Green added that the playing turf of the venue of the match may hamper the free flowing football style the Eagles are known for, “The football pitch that is the Eagles would be playing Sunday’s match could best be described as a grazing ground for animals.

Source: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/10/10/world-cup-playoffs-well-teach-eagles-a-lesson/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Tolexander: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
According to him: “It is
football, Nigeria is a force to
reckon with; no doubt about
that, but let me tell the
Nigerian team that they would
be taught some football
lessons when they visit Addis
Ababa on Sunday.”
they wanna teach super eagles how to lose at home!

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by modextus(m): 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Tolexander: they wanna teach super eagles how to lose at home!
and were sure not going to pay attention in class grin

*singing Dj khaled's "all i do ιѕ win"

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2013
Ethiopians r getin it wrong. So did elephants of ivory coast boasted in Afcon.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by otokx(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sunday is not far again.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by omojaytee(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lukin forward to d game,tho ℓ̊ hrd ŦĤƐY
Aint gona shw it.al d same,gud luk to d eagles,teach dos desert animals sum lessons aπϑ let dz dia coach shut hz trap!

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by arewatech(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Front page soo cheap today, already grabbed 3 slots so far. Selling them by 2018 when they appreciate undecided
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by stantob(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Well said. Keshi! Keshi!! Kshi!!! you heard that. Don't take this threat for granted, to be fore warned, is to be fore armed.

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Ezeibe(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
mr man shut up........

na u go play the match,

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Cote D'Ivoire did more than that.. We all know Empty Barrels Makes The Most Noise..
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by cleobunny(f): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
They are going to teach super eagles on how to do the desert dance cool
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Willgates(m): 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lol
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by sCun: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Teach us a lesson on hunger and starvation.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by FilesUpdator(f): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
E be lyk say the coach drink.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Who says they can't defeat Nigeria? Who says they can't cause upset? I noticed sumtin against Malawi, if the malawian are very good in utilizing counter-attack Eagles would av been beating that day. What i know 4 sure is dat if we are not bcareful we will be dealt wit on counter attack.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by adultdesigner: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
we hard u,mr morinho.... ;Dwe hard u,mr morinho....
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by ckkris: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is the kind of talk that make Nigerian sportsmen to go out and play well.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by dachisom(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
We'll c abt dat on sunday
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by triploc: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
goodluck jonathan has left for ethopia for A.U meeting, pls come bck home immediately after d meeting o, dont say u wanna cheer our eagles, cos those ethopians are really desperate both in and outta the football pitch. you are still my president despite all ur wack policies, and nobody mess with the president of the federal republic of Nigeria, west africa. Good afternoon

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Ormania(m): 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
9ja are your readyyyyy...gbam! gbam! 5-0 wink

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Boss13: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
For the first time in a long while I am interested in Nigeria football again. Thanks to Keshi. I hear the match won't be broadcast live, that is sad.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by executinal(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
The football pitch that is the Eagles would be playing Sunday’s match could best be described as a grazing ground for animals.

Really?? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Steezz(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lolzzz. Cant wait...bring it on!!!
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by martyns303(m): 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Watched their match against Nigeria (AFCON), their fans can be pretty aggressive, talking about Pretty, their women are damn pretty. wink

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by royale442(m): 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Pls, I'm kinda confused here. Who is teaching who lesson. I'm sure its Nigeria that is teaching Ethopia lesson. Or does he think its marathon? Reminds me of that kenyan coach that kept spewing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by kevinkod(m): 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
No problem sebi sunday don reach na, we shall see. Mr man dont forget we hav d backing of caf & fifa as african champion who will make a beta representation don u. But 2 bad we wont wach d match live.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
Michael_park: Who says they can't defeat Nigeria? Who says they can't cause upset? I noticed sumtin against Malawi, if the malawian are very good in utilizing counter-attack Eagles would av been beating that day. What i know 4 sure is dat if we are not bcareful we will be dealt wit on counter attack.
And if we had utilized half of our chances, that
game would have ended 6:0 (atleast)
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Janselem: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
There is a certain Sunday Mba who likes scoring on sundays. Ethiopia watch out.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Rawpidgin(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Raking na water na action naim be blood
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Originalsly: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
O these coaches and their big mouths...they would have a better chance if they remained quiet and humble...and let the Eagles think all they have to do is show up and they will win!
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by Numerouuuno: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sunday Mba,go and do your sunday magic in this sunday match.
Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by gentlelyfe(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
i tot he shud ve sed dt he s gona teach nigerians ow to eliminate boko haram n call off d ASUU strike...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sure Bet, Three Games Only!!! A MUST WIN / Augustine Eguavoen Did A Fine Job As Super Eagles Coach (Unpopular Opinion) / Precious Dede Retires From Football After 15 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.