Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. (23897 Views)

Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians / Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by ewizard1: 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
okpara ugo:

you don't meddle in matters you know nothing about. have you visited Enugu in ur life to know where the church is located.

it was built by the foot of a bridge and now the road is being dualized, the bridge also needs demolition and expansion....

how do you compare that with a Muslim governor earmarking about 10 churches on different locations all for demolition. are you daft?

U need not ask. It obvious undecided

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by viktuur(m): 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
Reasons for demolition diff, obstruction of waterway/drainage is different from estate construction
kokoA: Nigerians and double standard.. Smh! A month ago, the government of Borno state marked some churches for demolition, christian nairalanders rained down insults on the governor and accused borno government of persecuting christians. Its a pity! Nigeria can only progress if we decide to drop religious and ethnic sentiments.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Reference(m): 2:39am On Oct 11, 2013
Adwexky: An Unpleasant occurrence is just a pathway to a far more better and pleasant one.
I personally believe that it is God's will to provoke the Parish into far greater height. And mind you No power can stand against the Gospel Of Christ. It will continue to prevail no matter the ugly events spur up by the ugly ones (Devil and Demons).

Please be informed as a christian about what to stick out your faith for and what not to. God will not fight for you on your terms and pander to your sentiments especially when it involves constituted authority so I don't see what new planning regulations have to do with demons and devils.

Our attitude as christians to material things including church buildings is to view them as temporal tools to be used and 'loosed'. The God you worship resides in your heart and you are His temple not some edifice made by man that some of us are ignorantly turning to shrines. What did Jesus say when He looked upon the temple mount.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Reference(m): 2:48am On Oct 11, 2013
Wendyslim: . Why dont u confirm from those bible quote before u comment. Please confirm and feed us back cos am equally interested

No probs. Since we all like bible here we can start from John 1:1. When you get to verse 18 check in again. You will have your answers as to whom Jesus is and perhaps other peripherals.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Reference(m): 3:03am On Oct 11, 2013
There's always this notion of people going about defending their religion, their church. But the truth is that Christianity has nothing to defend because it is not physical or intellectual. It is a faith. It is 'spiritual'. And how can you destroy a spirit. It is impossible. When you reduce your God to bricks and mortar, when you feel the kingdom of God is advancing in proportion to the size of the building, when you are downcast because you've been given a quit notice and your building offerings appear wasted then you may be at the threshold of idolatry without knowing. If you need house, God can give you one anytime, anywhere. May the 'church' focus on its mission - finding missing sheep.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by kettykin: 7:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Please those people close to chime should advise him to pay compensation to MFM even if it meant from his own loot , no government has ever fought the church and survived no matter how big or small, the present crisis in the north can be traced to curses Boko haram has incurred for them. Is this a governor people were praying for some few months ago ?

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by uglyBetty1(f): 7:12am On Oct 11, 2013
Abeg when is d public Holiday. Na wenti I wan know. No body is talking about it. I need to sleep well jare.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by stankezzy: 7:16am On Oct 11, 2013
kolypo: 38 Simple Reasons Why Is Jesus Not God
1- God Doesn’t Change His Nature (Malachi
3:6)
2- GOD Almighty is Greater than Jesus. (John
14:28 )
3- No one is "Good" including Jesus. Only
GOD is" Good" (Luke 18:19)
4- Jesus said he doesn't know when the
Hour
will come. Only GOD Knows. (Mark 13:32)
5- Jesus said that" OUR God is One GOD
" (Mark 12:29 )
6- Jesus also said "My GOD and your
GOD" (John 20:17)
7- Jesus bowed his face down to the ground
to GOD Almighty. (Matthew 26:39)
8- Jesus was tempted by satan for 40 days
(Mat1:4), while GOD Almighty can not be
tempted (Jacob 1:13)
9- Jesus said he is a man (John 8:40)
10- God is neither a man nor a son of a man
(Numbers 23:19)
11- No one can see god (1 John 4:20) but
people saw Jesus
12- God is the living and everlasting
(Habakkuk 1:12)
13- Jesus always confessed he is just a
prophet sent by god (Matthew 21:10-11)
14- God Declare Himself to be God, Jesus
didn't (Ezekiel 20:20)
15- Jesus told his real mission was to preach
not sacrifice (Mark 1:38)
16- Jesus desired Mercy not Sacrifice
(Matthew 9:13)
Jesus refered himseld as
17- Servant:
Matthew 10:24, 24:45, 12:18 John 13:16
18- Prophet:
Matthew 8:20 13:16,21:11, Mark 6:15, 6;4,
9;37, Luke 7:16, 9:8, 9:19, John 13:17, 7:16,
6:14, 7:40
19- Son of Man:
Matthew 5:9, 17:22, 8:20, 18:11, 26:2, Luke
9:22, John 5:27
20- Slave:
John 13:16, Matthew 10:24
21- Student:
Matthew 10:24
22- Father is Grater than Jesus (John 14:28)
How can someone can be greater than God?
23- Jesus was taught by the Father (John
8:28)
24- Jesus can do nothing by himself (John
5:19, John 5:30)
25- Jesus does not even has his own
doctrine (John 7:16)
26- Jesus ascend to his God (John 20:17)
27- According to Christian Jesus died as
recorded in Matthew 27:27-56 but Bible says
that God is infinite Pslam 102:27-27
28- Jesus needed to Pray, Eat, Drink and Was
Helped by Woman, as stated in Luke 8:1-3
but God in Bible is self-sufficient Psalm
50:12
29- The God remain the same in nature
(Hebrews 1:12)
30- Jesus is the same human today,
yesterday and forver (Hebrew 13:cool
31- Jesus could not save anyone as he was
even not able to save himself (Hebrews
5:1-cool
32- Jesus said he was send to lost sheep of
Israel (Matthew 15:24)
33- God can not be born and perhaps form
his own creation
34- Jesus never said people to worship me
35- Jesus did not thaught Trinity
36- God is the essence of the worship. He is
the object of worship. Had Jesus been God,
he would have told people to worship him.
Truly, he did the exact opposite as in
Matthew 15:9
37- Jesus never called his followers
Christians, Paul did
38- Jesus as a servant ofGod (Matthew 12:18
what is your point.this write up does nt have any direction or magnitude.beside are u a Jehova witness,a moslem,an etheist or just an anti-christ.

2 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by romeo(m): 7:37am On Oct 11, 2013
kokoA: Nigerians and double standard.. Smh! A month ago, the government of Borno state marked some churches for demolition, christian nairalanders rained down insults on the governor and accused borno government of persecuting christians. Its a pity! Nigeria can only progress if we decide to drop religious and ethnic sentiments.

The churches were marked along with mosques abi?? Or only churches were marked for demolition? The real hypocrites are, you and that Boko governor!!
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by respectkings: 7:40am On Oct 11, 2013
undecidedGovt. Is tryin 2 do their job,, ₪☺τ̅ dat they re against de work of God. They should relocate if dat is de case.. ℓ̊ arest ma case.... COURT!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Johnsonpac(m): 8:01am On Oct 11, 2013
Acidosis: Well, government should give the church a worthy compensation.

...and I hope the anti-Nigerian church will not rejoice over the demolition of the church ordinary bricks and dangote cement.

Meanwhile, the largest pentecostal congregation in the world is in KOREA (Full Gospel Church, Seoul, South Korea). Directly opposite the Senate Assembly of South Korea.

Thats a good enlighment to the intellectually lazy individuals who always blame their backwardness and negligence on the fact that Churches are everywhere in Nigeria.

What a lousy analysis for low-lifers who aren't ready to work out any positive grin grin
ℓ̊ guess the church is owned by a Nigerian
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by stankezzy: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2013
Reference:

Please be informed as a christian about what to stick out your faith for and what not to. God will not fight for you on your terms and pander to your sentiments especially when it involves constituted authority so I don't see what new planning regulations have to do with demons and devils.

Our attitude as christians to material things including church buildings is to view them as temporal tools to be used and 'loosed'. The God you worship resides in your heart and you are His temple not some edifice made by man that some of us are ignorantly turning to shrines. What did Jesus say when He looked upon the temple mount.
God is a spirit nd those that will worship him will worship him in spirit and in truth.but still God told solomon to build a temple for him.the building is not what is worshiped but it is a symbol indicateing the presence of God,just as the ark of convenant is not God but his presence is within the ark ,that is why somebody un-lawfully touched it nd died.
as a christian we do not fight
uneccessrily but we have right as a citizen.
somebody gave the go ahead order or permition for the building but now nobody cares about the person.
when we are wrong ,we quickely amend but if we are right, but they just want to intimidate us our GOD comes out with full force both physically nd spiritually to fight for us.
just like one incident that happened recently with one man of God,rev Umah okpai.he imported some equipments,which he knows that the fedrall government gave waiver for clearing of that particular goods.but one custom officer sized the equipments nd said he must use 10m to clear it.after all persuation, he refused.then he was told that this is Gods equipment ,does he want to die.off course he said "e no cocern am "that he may prefer death .later the money was given to him,just as he was arranging nd counting it HE FELL DOWN ND DIED.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by ketoprofen(m): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Hymmmm
They must hav been prayin lik..
Every arrow, every power dat wud pursue us kommot 4rm this place HOLY GHOST FIRE !! Fire fire fire........

Hope d govt wud compensate dem anyway...
U are right.
I live close to that place.
They usually pray against Sullivan chime.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by rajiade: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2013

Just this same week, some daft were pouring insult on the LASG for closing The Chosen Church for sanitation related issue. They accused Fashola of being Anti-Christian and Anti-Igbo (Bcoo the church belongs to an Igbo Man). But this same set of people praised Fashola when he demolished the Only Mosque in the Secretariat and aslo deported some yorubas to their home state.
At least the Governor of Enugun is Not a Muslim neither is he a Yoruba Man.

What do they have to these now, is the Governor of Enugun now Anti-Christ?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by rajiade: 8:23am On Oct 11, 2013
romeo:

The churches were marked along with mosques abi?? Or only churches were marked for demolition? The real hypocrites are, you and that Boko governor!!

Have you seen Muslims litter an area with mosque buildings before?, so Mosque should be marked just as a compensation or remedy to churches that have been marked?

Now the Hypocrite is obvious.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by deeoneX(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Hymmmm
They must hav been prayin lik..
Every arrow, every power dat wud pursue us kommot 4rm this place HOLY GHOST FIRE !! Fire fire fire........

Hope d govt wud compensate dem anyway...

Lol..na soo?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Oketwin(m): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2013
D said building of MFM is a danger to its worshippers u kw hw risky if u av bin to dat place in ziki avenue in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by 299: 9:17am On Oct 11, 2013
They built their church on illegal site....., yet they were compensated with 30 million and 5 plots of land to move to another location. Wonder why they decided to stick around and pray for the governor to die, even after collecting the money. na wa o
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by SevendaysRain(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2013
The story has it that they were given 20plots of land at Idaw river site by Enugu state gov't to build their church, school &hospital. The person I heard it from is a member of their church. So nobody should condem what the gov't is doing is for our own good. After all that there location is deadly & dangerous ask any person U know in Enugu. God bless us
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 11, 2013
299: They built their church on illegal site....., yet they were compensated with 30 million and 5 plots of land to move to another location. Wonder why they decided to stick around and pray for the governor to die, even after collecting the money. na wa o

are they responsible for the governors I'll health? God forbid.....

that site is a very wrong one. the popular Albertina Electronics Nigeria ltd(biggest elecrronics dealer in naija)had his fence and gate demolished very close to MFM if not that the owner had taken precautions to remove his building far from the existing road, his plaza would have gone down...
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by ketoprofen(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2013
okpara ugo:

are they responsible for the governors I'll health? God forbid.....

that site is a very wrong one. the popular Albertina Electronics Nigeria ltd(biggest elecrronics dealer in naija)had his fence and gate demolished very close to MFM if not that the owner had taken precautions to remove his building far from the existing road, his plaza would have gone down...

They are rumored to be responsible for his illness because shortly after they started praying against Sullivan last year, the man was flown abroad.

Dat was hilarious
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by zanebaddo(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
[quote author=Engineer96]I was reliably informed that the state govt gave MFMM another site with #30m.
Why has the church not relocated.
The money, I learnt, was collected.
I also heard that there were several notices before the demolition was carried out.[/quote. 30milz choi! Pastor finz on ma mind
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Dan2ike: 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
I want to believe the 5 plots of land and 30 million naira are adequate compensation. I have been to the church and know its built near a bridge canal. And let Pentecostal Fellowship of Nig seat up and ensure that any PFN church that is demolished or closed gets justice, here on earth.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by kinguwem: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Coldfeet: Its unfortunate that people will continue to suffer for what they no nothing about! Now the Church will be compensated and if not they just have to count their losses! Yet the person or ministry that gave the go ahead to build on a water way will not be sanctioned! He or she or them will simply continue issuing such permits and later the government will come and demolish!!! SMH where were they when the building was being constructed? The property owner shouldn't suffer alone whoever issued the permit to build there should be held accountable as well!! Cos the land ministry has the blueprint of any area and should know where to build and where not to.
Did they verify from experts before building on a water channel?
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by WarriPikin1: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Idiata queen: If na dem muslims now they carry posters as if na dem get d gov grin

I can just imagine if it was a mosque, even the one built with carton paper, what the muslims will be saying here. Now that it is a multi-million naira church, it's not a problem.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Brymo: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
ACM10: They built their church with concrete to withstand the vibration from their prayer.
watz dis 1 saying.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
[quote author=kolypo]38 Simple Reasons Why Is Jesus Not God
1- God Doesn’t Change His Nature (Malachi
3:6)
2- GOD Almighty is Greater than Jesus. (John
14:28 )
3- No one is "Good" including Jesus. Only
GOD is" Good" (Luke 18:19)
4- Jesus said he doesn't know when the
Hour
will come. Only GOD Knows. (Mark 13:32)
5- Jesus said that" OUR God is One GOD
" (Mark 12:29 )
6- Jesus also said "My GOD and your
GOD" (John 20:17)
7- Jesus bowed his face down to the ground
to GOD Almighty. (Matthew 26:39)
8- Jesus was tempted by satan for 40 days
(Mat1:4), while GOD Almighty can not be
tempted (Jacob 1:13)
9- Jesus said he is a man (John 8:40)
10- God is neither a man nor a son of a man
(Numbers 23:19)
11- No one can see god (1 John 4:20) but
people saw Jesus
[quote author=kolypo]

indeed ignorance kills! john 1:1 in the beginning was the word and the word was with GOD and THE WORD WAS GOD. think well next time. Btw 'you get time o to type and upon that u no coret'
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Fajzay: 5:29am On Oct 12, 2013
jamd: he just gave u an info am sure u a not aware of, becos since the introduction of facebook u heardly open a page of bible. ewu

There is no 1 single info in what he gave, just sarcasm and waste of space / MB
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Bee4real: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2013
I served in Enugu, and I wonderd why that building was in that location, very odd. Pls dont lets tempt God.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by Dreal1247: 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
ketoprofen:
U are right.
I live close to that place.
They usually pray against Sullivan chime.
How do u know that it was Chime that they were praying against?
If he in any way oppressed the church, he will surely regret it. I pray he does not do that.
Re: Mountain Of Fire And Miracles In Enugu Demolished. by ketoprofen(m): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
Dreal1247: .
How do u know that it was Chime that they were praying against?
If he in any way oppressed the church, he will surely regret it. I pray he does not do that.

That one is not even a secret.
Btw, Chime abi ESG neva oppressed the church.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Declares Bid To Challenge Ambode For Lagos APC Guber Ticket / IPOB Disowns Simon Ekpa - Sahara Reporters / ‘Massive Corruption In Electricity Sector, Discos Defrauding Nigerians’ - WAMAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.