Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (65223 Views)

Top 3 Things I Will Fix Before Leaving Office - Buhari / Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates / "Nigerians Should Not Expect Miracles From Me When I Assume Power- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by lalasticlala(m): 12:06am On Apr 06, 2015
Nigeria’s President-Elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday called on Nigerians not to expect miracles from him when he assumes power on May 29th.

General Buhari, who spoke with the BBC, said the war against insurgency is an ongoing, noting that “for five, six years, the Nigerian enforcement law agencies, including the military, couldn’t secure 14 Local Governments.

“How can I promise miracles when I come? But with the cooperation of our neighbours Cameroon, Chad, Niger and the international community, and the commitment we are going to get from the military, I think it will take us a much shorter time to deal with it”, he said.

On his other major campaign promises to decisively fight corruption and unemployment, the President elect said: “I made that promise and I hope Nigerians will give me the opportunity to see whether my effort will be good enough or not.”

He however, admitted that the tasks are enormous but would be dealt with.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/04/05/do-not-expect-miracles-buhari-tells-nigerians/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by NairalandPolice1(m): 12:07am On Apr 06, 2015
Responsibility: A detachable burden easily shifted to the shoulders of God, Fate, Fortune, Luck or one's neighbour

The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words, and if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.

#Baba_We_Are_Watching.. If you mess up, you fess up

231 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Brimmie(m): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2015
1st...
I claimed it...

Last Bullet
Buhari and APC, fumble and see the wrath of Nigerians...

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by illiad: 12:09am On Apr 06, 2015
What awaits you is much more than Jonathan saw. Why will we not expect miracle when you promised us more miracles than even prophets had wrought? Such miracles as; 1naira =1dollar, you will regulate international oil price, wipe out bokoharam, and feed students twice daily.
Wipe our corruption and employ every youth.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Work your talks or face more insults than Jonathan received.

547 Likes 66 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by kestolove95(m): 12:09am On Apr 06, 2015
We don't expect miracle but do ur best.u fail we will Gej u out

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by major466(m): 12:10am On Apr 06, 2015
Interpretation of Buhari's comments: Don't expect me to fulfill my promises to
1. Wipe Kworroption.
2. Stabilize international Oil Prices single handedly.
3. Make $1=N1
4. Provide 20,000MW of Power Supply within one Year!
5. End Boko Haram in two months.
6. Give N5,000 to 25 million unemployed youths.
7. Free meals for Children.
8. Create 7 million jobs per annum.
9. Free health care for everyone.
10. Turn Nigeria into Dubai.

They were busy making unrealistic plans without adequately streamlining the Viability and Possibility of implementing them. No road map on where the funds will come nor how they intend to generate finances needed to fulfill these bogus projects.

So there you have it Nigeria. This is the Change you voted for. Change from making promises to breaking promises.

414 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Kingspin(m): 12:11am On Apr 06, 2015
I will not agree.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by kodded(m): 12:12am On Apr 06, 2015
lolz by this time next year jonathan will be seeping his orijin in otueke while watching as buhari and apc will perform magic and miracle in aso rock grin grin grin

227 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 06, 2015
major466:
Interpretation of Buhari's comments: Don't expect me to fulfill my promises to
1. Wipe Kworroption.
2. Stabilize international Oil Prices.
3. Make $1=N1
4. Provide 20,000MW of Power Supply.
5. End Boko Haram in two months.

6. Give N5,000 to 25 million unemployed youths.
7. Free meals for Children.
8. Create 7 million jobs in one year.
9. Free health care.
10. Turn Nigeria into Dubai.

They were busy making unrealistic plans without adequately streamlining the viability and possibility of implementing these promises. No road map on how to generate finances to fulfill their bogus projects.

So there you have it. This is the Change Nigerians voted for. Change from making promises to breaking promises.
Is that how your own brain can interpret his comment??Why are you crying than the bereaved??if buhari don't perform well we will vote him out the way we voted out the clueless jonathan!!!!Haba stop spreading lies post the videos of where he(buhari) mentioned 3,4 and 5 or shut up.........it was okorocha that even mentioned 3 at the imo campaign rally,buhari never mentioned that....!!!!

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by sammynash11(m): 12:12am On Apr 06, 2015
You must perform miracle oo. Nothing short of that.
We still remember all ur promises angry

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by chymystique(f): 12:13am On Apr 06, 2015
Na so e dey start oo! Soon they will tell us 4yrs is not enough to aChieve "his Blueprint"..

I' ve not Forgotten the promises esp the one you made in my state whiCh in this our century aint attainable..

Patiently waiting for N1=$1 and the 24hrs light.

#NigeriansAreWatching

lalasticlala, do you rest @ all?..*wondering*

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 12:24am On Apr 06, 2015
chymystique:
Na so e dey start oo! Soon they will tell us 4yrs is not enough to aChieve "his Blueprint"..

I' ve not Forgotten the promises esp the one you made in my state whiCh in this our century aint attainable..

#NigeriansAreWatching

lalasticlala, do you rest @ all?..*wondering*
Four years is enough to do what they promised. They will face the wrath of Nigerians if they don't fulfill their promise.

Nigerians on their part have to support the incoming government. They have to be ready to internalise this change. Be the change you want to see.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by 9jvirgin(m): 12:29am On Apr 06, 2015
Baba, please take your time jare cheesy no rushing.

Nigeria is dead, don't let anyone harass you into performing miracle.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 12:35am On Apr 06, 2015
Baba, do your best and leave the rest.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Whizzcute(m): 12:38am On Apr 06, 2015
If this no make FP ,make i die

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 06, 2015
NairalandPolice1:
Responsibility: A detachable burden easily shifted to the shoulders of God, Fate, Fortune, Luck or one's neighbour

The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words, and if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.

#Baba_We_Are_Watching.. If you mess up, you fess up
It takes more than just sitting down folding your hands, i believe nigerians are ready to go through the process. The much anticipated change starts with every individuals. A change to the way you think as a nigerian to the way you treat yourself and neighbours. This way we will all enjoy the dividends of democracy.
performing the civic responsibility,obeying the rules and regulations,lecturers stop taking bribes and asking for sex, e.t.c . Its going to be a bit difficult due to the present economic situation around the world. Its a collective effort and I believe we will get there.
We all have to be ready, its not only the government job.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by major466(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Why are you crying than the bereaved??Haba stop spreading lies post the videos of where he mentioned 3,4 and 5.........it was okorocha that even mentioned 3 at the imo campaign rally,buhari never mentioned that....!!!!
The spokesman man of apc liar mohammed made the claim live during interview on AIT sometime ago that APC will deliver 20,000MW of electricity within one year. Olisa Metu was there too.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ojaydedon(m): 12:46am On Apr 06, 2015
hmmm

#babawearewatchingyou

dont dissappoint nigerians...

Ppl wanted change, so u shuld deliver all u promised...
especially paying the unemplyed salary, and stabilizing world oil prize grin

GEJ THE HERO... I THROWAY SALUTE

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 06, 2015
major466:

The spokesman man of apc liar mohammed made the claim live during interview on AIT sometime ago that APC will deliver 20,000MW of electricity within one year. Olisa Metu was there too.
Oh so lai mohammed is now the buhari you mentioned earlier?or the incoming president??

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Sweetguy25: 12:46am On Apr 06, 2015
Lol. Their lies and scam tactics have begun.
Buhari shouldn't have picked this job at this age. He should have just retired an watched Nigerian politics from his livingroom.

Nigerians are naturally very very impatient people and if by this time in 2017, there are no major improvements in their standard of living or in infrastructure, they will start to bitterly complain and grumble of bad governance and corruption.

That was how they treated President Yar'Adua till the man died of pressure. grin
Two years into YarAdua's tenure, they began to call him baba go-slow. grin
The same thing happened to Jonathan, only Obasanjo was spared in his first tenure. Buhari won't be spared.

Buhari has no other options or choices but to perform miracles and magic. That was why nigerians voted you in. They want the magic and miracles that Buhari and his party promised to be delivered in three years.

If Nigerians begin to miss GEJ in three years, Buhari you are as good as gone!

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by major466(m): 12:54am On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Oh so lai mohammed is now the buhari you mentioned earlier?or the incoming president??
Liar mohammed is the spokesman of apc and Buhari is a member of apc. Was Buhari elected President as an independent candidate

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 06, 2015
major466:

Liar mohammed is the spokesman of apc and Buhari is a member of apc. Was Buhari elected President as an independent candidate
So if for example if olisa metuh should say something then it means goodluck jonathan must know about it??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by dunkem21(m): 1:02am On Apr 06, 2015
grin
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by major466(m): 1:10am On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
So if for example if olisa metuh should say something then it means goodluck jonathan must know about it??
What your party man say can be used against your party apc and by extension Buhari himself because the party will be deemed to have agreed with the submission of the member. If not, why didn't Buhari refute the claims of his party's spokesman He was content with that because it was presidential campaign period. Now that election is over, he suddenly woken up to the reality that those claims are unrealistic Where's the integrity

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 06, 2015
major466:

What your party man say can be used against against your party apc and by extension Buhari himself because the party will be deemed to have agreed with the submission of the member. If not, why didn't Buhari refute the claims of his party's spokesman He was content with that because it was presidential campaign period. Now that election is over, he suddenly woken up to the reality that those claims are unrealistic Where's the integrity
Are we reading the same news at all??where on earth did he say it is not going to be possible??he is just saying DON'T EXPECT MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!e.g I told you I will provide jobs for you but that does not mean you should expect the job in the next 24 hours!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by major466(m): 1:17am On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Are we reading the same news at all??where on earth did he say it is not going to be possible??he is just saying DON'T EXPECT MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!e.g I told you I will provide jobs for you but that does not mean you should expect the job in the next 24 hours!!!!
Do you know the meaning of the sentence: Don't Expect Miracles?

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by delishpot: 1:21am On Apr 06, 2015
Hiannnnnnn! Na so him want take do? Haba!!!! Sai , you nor talk this one in campaign ground before o. You don dey see men as trees ba? You promise us Change o, I hope you nor go need 50 years in office to effect that promised change fa! There is God ooooo

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by fitzmayowa: 1:23am On Apr 06, 2015
Them never swear the man in, he don dey back track...Believe politicians at your own peril

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by dechandel(f): 1:27am On Apr 06, 2015
But Baba this was not what you read out on the campaign grounds oo angry

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:35am On Apr 06, 2015
Hopping on the front page bound thread...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / EndSARS: Edo Youths Takeover Police Station, Patrol With Police Hilux / The Black Nepa Sango Statue @ Marina Lagos Is Wearing A New Look!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.