Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? (17316 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2013
Acidosis... Posting ignorant comments confidently since 1977.....

Thanks @nativeBoy. I've never really known much about Celes. Quite interesting info you put up there.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 8:56am On Nov 23, 2013
aManFromMars: Acidosis... Posting ignorant comments confidently since 1977.....

Thanks @nativeBoy. I've never really known much about Celes. Quite interesting info you put up there.

No problem. There is a lot of misinformation about the church which is due to a lot of wolves masquerading as sheep. Unfortunately, it is the wolves that make the most noise so that's what people hear.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 9:30am On Nov 23, 2013
EMILO2STAY: my point is, the church of christ is not a temple nor a shrine these are places you are likely to pull of your shoes when you want to step in. Yes our God is holy but he did not command christians to take off their shoes when we gather together in his name.

I'm not contending the fact that there is no explicit commandment to wear shoes or not wear shoes. The point is that you cannot confine God to a single mode. That's the beauty of God. To one man Jesus said "go wash in the water", to another he said, "your faith has made you whole", and to another he spat on the ground, made some clay, and rubbed the man's eyes. The injunction not to wear shoes is for celestial church of Christ, not all of Christendom.

What you're saying is tantamount to the man who was told to go wash in the water telling the man for whom Christ spit and made clay that his way is wrong.

I'll say it again, not wearing shoes is symbolic of the fact that the place where the believer comes into the presence of God is a holy ground. The sutana without shoes identifies the believer as a citizen of heaven, spiritual, no connection to the carnal. The symbolism loses its meaning with the wearing of shoes.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2013
nerodenero: Aside the Bible verse,they believe is part of the sacrifice of practicing their own religion.Is like a muslim lady wearing hijab.The religion dictates covering of sensitive parts and some of them wont step out without wearing it.It has become part of them,a belief,it is their faith and just the best way they feel they can practice their religion.

You are mistaken brother. First CCC is not a religion. As the name conveys, it is a church of Christ. I don't understand what you mean by "covering of sensitive parts". Indeed, the not wearing shoes is seen as a type of fast. It is all to the honor of God.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:47am On Nov 23, 2013
NativeBoy:

I'm not contending the fact that there is no explicit commandment to wear shoes or not wear shoes. The point is that you cannot confine God to a single mode. That's the beauty of God. To one man Jesus said "go wash in the water", to another he said, "your faith has made you whole", and to another he spat on the ground, made some clay, and rubbed the man's eyes. The injunction not to wear shoes is for celestial church of Christ, not all of Christendom.

What you're saying is tantamount to the man who was told to go wash in the water telling the man for whom Christ spit and made clay that his way is wrong.

I'll say it again, not wearing shoes is symbolic of the fact that the place where the believer comes into the presence of God is a holy ground. The sutana without shoes identifies the believer as a citizen of heaven, spiritual, no connection to the carnal. The symbolism loses its meaning with the wearing of shoes.
the bible admonished christians to dress modestly even jesus wore sandals, Tell me when dressing to go out dont you put on somthing to cover your foot?. The doctrine that you must take off your shoes when in the presence of God is not a christian doctrine...period. You do not have biblical backup for this your symbolism you preach, It is a man made doctrine admit it!!
The bible does not have to tell you to wear shoes cuz its common sense, it is like telling you to wear cloth to cover your unclothedness When you have your common sense. We christians are not to respect a holy ground but keep our body holy because that is the real house or temple of God where the holy spirit dwells. God does not dwell in houses made with brick and cement.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2013
EMILO2STAY: the bible admonished christians to dress modestly, Tell me when dressing to go out dont you put on somthing to cover your foot?
Lol. What an argument.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by SalC: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2013
Yes we might argue that the bible never said a christian must pull off his shoes in the presence of God, in thesame vain we can still say there is no law in the bible forbidding such practise. And I remember the bible said where there is no law, there is no sin, so why do we chose to oppose their practise?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
EMILO2STAY: the bible admonished christians to dress modestly even jesus wore sandals, Tell me when dressing to go out dont you put on somthing to cover your foot?. The doctrine that you must take off your shoes when in the presence of God is not a christian doctrine...period. You do not have biblical backup for this your symbolism you preach, It is a man made doctrine admit it!!
The bible does not have to tell you to wear shoes cuz its common sense, it is like telling you to wear cloth to cover your unclothedness When you have your common sense. We christians are not to respect a holy ground but keep our body holy because that is the real house or temple of God where the holy spirit dwells. God does not dwell in houses made with brick and cement.

I don't want to keep arguing with a fellow believer about something that really is a non-issue. This isn't a matter of theology. I will say this though, there is a reason the name of the church is called the Celestial Church of Christ.

A lot of what is done in the church is emblematic of what is done in heaven. You can read the book of Revelations. The underlying idea of the mode in the church is to reinforce the knowledge that the believer is a citizen of heaven and is as the saints are in heaven. The sutana with no shoes represents the glorious body the believer will be clothed with in heaven. It is interesting to note that when John saw Jesus in heaven, he is described as being clothes in a white garment and without shoes. We know this because John described the feet of Christ. Would there be need for shoes in heaven?

Again it is only an injuction to CCC and not to all of Christendom.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
NativeBoy:

I don't want to keep arguing with a fellow believer about something that really is a non-issue. This isn't a matter of theology. I will say this though, there is a reason the name of the church is called the Celestial Church of Christ.

A lot of what is done in the church is emblematic of what is done in heaven. You can read the book of Revelations. The underlying idea of the mode in the church is to reinforce the knowledge that the believer is a citizen of heaven and is as the saints are in heaven. The sutana with no shoes represents the glorious body the believer will be clothed with in heaven. It is interesting to note that when John saw Jesus in heaven, he is described as being clothes in a white garment and without shoes. We know this because John described the feet of Christ. Would there be need for shoes in heaven?

Again it is only an injuction to CCC and not to all of Christendom.
i seem to understand you , but bible should be the standard for every true christian. My dear we are not asked to immitate the heavenly bodies in dressing and we need no particular mode of dressing to remind us that we are the citizens of the kingdom of God we believe by faith...So am just trying to tell you that this doctrine of not wearing shoes in the presence of God is purely man made. There is no biblical backup for your practice, it was commanded by your sunata or pastor or what ever you call your preacher.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 5:42am On Nov 24, 2013
EMILO2STAY: i seem to understand you , but bible should be the standard for every true christian. My dear we are not asked to immitate the heavenly bodies in dressing and we need no particular mode of dressing to remind us that we are the citizens of the kingdom of God we believe by faith...So am just trying to tell you that this doctrine of not wearing shoes in the presence of God is purely man made. There is no biblical backup for your practice, it was commanded by your sunata or pastor or what ever you call your preacher.

No one is saying that the bible should not be the standard for Christians. You're failing to make a coherent argument. Please point to where not shoes doesn't go against scripture. It isn't man made. It is by divine injunction.

The bible is full of all kinds of symbolism that. Both in the New and Old Testament. The communion (which we still, the parables Jesus spoke, the miracles he did. It's a shame that you try to box God into a mode.

I don't want to keep arguing about this. One thing bible is clear about is for believers not to be contentious. It's bad form.

Let's just agree to disagree. It's crazy that taking off your shoes is a controversial topic.

God Bless
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2013
NativeBoy:

No one is saying that the bible should not be the standard for Christians. You're failing to make a coherent argument. Please point to where not shoes doesn't go against scripture. It isn't man made. It is by divine injunction.

The bible is full of all kinds of symbolism that. Both in the New and Old Testament. The communion (which we still, the parables Jesus spoke, the miracles he did. It's a shame that you try to box God into a mode.

I don't want to keep arguing about this. One thing bible is clear about is for believers not to be contentious. It's bad form.

Let's just agree to disagree. It's crazy that taking off your shoes is a controversial topic.

God Bless
you are just blabbing, you are the one who is failing to make a coherent argument here. I have asked you to point out straight where scripture stated clearly that christians can take off their shoes to respect a holy ground or to immitate heavenly bodies but you have failed. Instead you keep ranting about one cannot confine God into a mode. the apostles penned down all that is needed to live a perfect christian life, and non includes pulling off shoes to respect a the presence of GOD in a holy ground. If it is an injunction, them let me ask, by whom?, God? or man?

Let me say that it is not a sin for you guys to walk bare-footed. But my argument is that such instruction did not come from God but from a mere man.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2013
EMILO2STAY: you are just blabbing, you are the one who is failing to make a coherent argument here. I have asked you to point out straight where scripture stated clearly that christians can take off their shoes to respect a holy ground or to immitate heavenly bodies but you have failed. Instead you keep ranting about one cannot confine God into a mode. the apostles penned down all that is needed to live a perfect christian life, and non includes pulling off shoes to respect a the presence of GOD in a holy ground. If it is an injunction, them let me ask, by whom?, God? or man?

Let me say that it is not a sin for you guys to walk bare-footed. But my argument is that such instruction did not come from God but from a mere man.

I don't think you are certain of what you arguing. What does not wearing or not wearing shoes have to do with living a Christian life. You're mixing things up. What scripture are you referring to the apostles? Please point it out.

I supplied you the scripture in exodus when Moses was called. I supplied you the in Revelations which contains the description of Christ by John the Elder. Now if Jesus was wearing shoes, how would John have been able to describe his feet?

I already stated that there is no commandment to take off your shoes in the assembly of believers. How many times must I repeat the same thing. It is a divine injuction given to CCC. Now you claim that it was given by man, therefore you must supply evidence for your claim.

I really want to know what scripture you are referring to when you mention the doctrine laid down by the apostles. Please cite it in your reply.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:32am On Nov 24, 2013
NativeBoy:

I don't think you are certain of what you arguing. What does not wearing or not wearing shoes have to do with living a Christian life. You're mixing things up. What scripture are you referring to the apostles? Please point it out.

I supplied you the scripture in exodus when Moses was called. I supplied you the in Revelations which contains the description of Christ by John the Elder. Now if Jesus was wearing shoes, how would John have been able to describe his feet?

I already stated that there is no commandment to take off your shoes in the assembly of believers. How many times must I repeat the same thing. It is a divine injuction given to CCC. Now you claim that it was given by man, therefore you must supply evidence for your claim.

I really want to know what scripture you are referring to when you mention the doctrine laid down by the apostles. Please cite it in your reply.
the doctrine of the apostles of christ are contained in the book of the new testament and Non says anything about taking of shoes to respect a holy ground. was the burning bush commandment given to christians? Answer yes or no! And who gave the so called divine injunction?.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by GRACEGLORY: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2013
Do you have a truck for haulage work? FMCL NIGERIA is in need of 20 Tonnages trucks (Box body) to convey her light imported products such as: DAIPERS (Huggies), KETCHUP, MAYONAISE, BAKED BEANS (Heinz'), The SME baby food et cetera.

The job is a permanent one as we distribute from Lagos (our Head Quarters) across Nigeria to our various warehouses (Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Benue, Kogi, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa, Edo, Delta, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Anambra, Rivers, Ogun, et cetera).

for details
Call: 0803-054-6462
-Pastor Cyrus Jesunifemi.

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 1:02am On Nov 25, 2013
EMILO2STAY: the doctrine of the apostles of christ are contained in the book of the new testament and Non says anything about taking of shoes to respect a holy ground. was the burning bush commandment given to christians? Answer yes or no! And who gave the so called divine injunction?.

So you are unable to point to any scripture to support your point. Please point to scripture where the apostles specified how the believers are to gather and worship.

Divine injunction is self-explanatory. The injunction is a God-given directive to the church.

Lets not keep arguing. It isn't right for believers to argue over things that shouldn't be issues.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:49am On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy:

So you are unable to point to any scripture to support your point. Please point to scripture where the apostles specified how the believers are to gather and worship.

Divine injunction is self-explanatory. The injunction is a God-given directive to the church.

Lets not keep arguing. It isn't right for believers to argue over things that shouldn't be issues.
no!, you are unable to point out where scripture said christians should pull of shoes to respect a holy ground.
And where in the bible did God give such injunction to christians to take of their shoes when going into the church.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by CyrusLevi(m): 6:51am On Nov 25, 2013
The cover-story they are taught in their church is the Mosaic calling and respect to holiness,pureness and divinity.

This cover story sucks cause they're deceived,brainwashed and manipulated.

The main story is the sacredness of the garment is a ritual when worn makes the ground soles and thorns to their feet,an unknown dimension that sucks on the blood of their worshippers.

P.s:never been there,this is from a member redeemed from the celestial church,a once spiritual leader-chief shepherd called into greater light by God.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 6:53am On Nov 25, 2013
EMILO2STAY: no!, you are unable to point out where scripture said christians should pull of shoes to respect a holy ground.
And where in the bible did God give such injunction to christians to take of their shoes when going into the church.

This is pointless now. It's clear you're not even reading my posts. Let's not keep going around in circles.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 6:54am On Nov 25, 2013
Cyrus Levi: The cover-story they are taught in their church is the Mosaic calling and respect to holiness,pureness and divinity.

This cover story sucks cause they're deceived,brainwashed and manipulated.

The main story is the sacredness of the garment is a ritual when worn makes the ground soles and thorns to their feet,an unknown dimension that sucks on the blood of their worshippers.

P.s:never been there,this is from a member redeemed from the celestial church,a once spiritual leader-chief shepherd called into greater light by God.

Huh?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:23am On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy:

This is pointless now. It's clear you're not even reading my posts. Let's not keep going around in circles.
what's pointless?,the fact that you have failed to provide scriptural backing for man made doctrine? I asked you a simple question, the so called divine injuction by God to christians to take off their shoes where can it be found in the bible. Lastly, where did the bible command christians to take off their shoes because moses did it. Let me sit and watch you dodge the questions again.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by farmer02(m): 12:14am On Jun 20, 2016
1corinthians 7 vs 17 says...Nevertheless, as the Lord has assigned to each, as God has called to each, so let him walk. And thus I prescribe in all the churches...the doctrine and tenet papa oshoffa received from God about celestial church of Christ is what we celestians are practising...mind you different churches with different doctrines
so dnt hurl abusive words to the church of God

#proudly_celestian
#God bless celestial church of christ world wide
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by kessling: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
Just read this. Lesson : never argue with an illiterate nothing good comes out of it
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by cbfb: 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
Taking off one's shoes was and still is a sign of reverence, humility, and respect. Of course we are not directly in God's presence as Moses and Joshua were. However, we do know the scriptural commands to assemble (Hebrews 10:25; Leviticus 23:2), My issue is not taking off their shoes in the church but walking bare footed once a week on the street?

Moses has approached a miraculously burning bush, which is not consumed by the flames. From those flames, "the angel of the LORD" speaks. God first gives Moses two commands: to keep his distance, and to remove his sandals. Both commands relate to the holiness of the location where Moses stood. This holy ground would become the location of the calling of Israel's greatest leader, as well as the place he would return with the people of Israel later on (Exodus 3:12; also Acts 7:30). This holy "place" referred specifically to Mount Horeb, the entire mountain where God would reveal Himself to Moses and the people of Israel.

Joshua received a similar calling in Joshua 5:15 where he was also commanded to remove his sandals due to holy ground. God's holiness can be associated with particular land or location, the sanctuary, the temple, and even items associated with people of the temple. The source of this holiness is God—not the object, the location, or the substance itself. In the New Testament, those who believe in Jesus as Lord become holy and are called to live as the priesthood of believers in holiness to God (1 Peter 2:5–9).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Gives 40 Disables Including Muslims N150k Each To Mark Birthday / Greatest Atheist Quotes / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.