Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? (17239 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
The purpose of this thread is to find out why members of Cele and some other "white garment" churches go about bare-footed especially on sundays. Some of them put on shoes and only remove it at the church entrance, i was made to know this has to do with Exodus 3:5 ( God said, do not come near; put your shoes off your feet, for the place on which you stand is holy ground )

If the reason is bc of Exodus 3:5, why then do most cele go about the whole town on bare-foot and not the church alone?

Last sunday, i was on my way to my town union meeting and getting around ojuelegba, i have to take cover under the shade as it was raining. I began to notice some white garment church members matching through the dirty waters bare-footed. This really got me thinking about how able bodied and learned men could decide to be walking without shoe on muddy, gutter-water flowing roads, picking broken bottles and sharp irons on the road in the name of religious observance.

I was able to snap some pictures to buttress my point, please i need answers from members.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
more

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
please ur replies are welcomed
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by delkuf(m): 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
because they lack knwledge. They are not informed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by tinuolababy(f): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
grin grin
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
delkuf: because they lack knwledge. They are not informed.

is dat an answer bros?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Acidosis(m): 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Because they want to turn themselves to angels on earth...

Dey nor know say, the real celestial angels in heaven nor get cut and sew tailor let alone China white or apkoche .. grin

The roads in heaven nor get 'potopoto' so no need to wear shoe in heaven.. celestial leg things smiley

Celestial beings do not die..
But our celestial for here they kick bucket anyhow oo
grin

Meanwhile all na product of ignorance...

Same with those bishops that dress like arch angels and you'll see them sweating...
Na by force? smiley

grin

As long as we remain here on earth.. china white or not, we are all terrestial beings...

just that some are "touch not" while others na empty vessels feeling funky...
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Acidosis: Because they want to turn themselves to angels on earth...

Dey nor know say, the real celestial angels in heaven nor get cut and sew tailor let alone China white or apkoche .. grin

The roads in heaven nor get 'potopoto' so no need to wear shoe in heaven.. celestial leg things smiley

Celestial beings do not die..
But our celestial for here they kick bucket anyhow oo
grin

Meanwhile all na product of ignorance...

Same with those bishops that dress like arch angels and you'll see them sweating...
Na by force? smiley

grin

As long as we remain here on earth.. china white or not, we are all terrestial beings...

just that some are "touch not" while others na empty vessels feeling funky...
grin grin

Guy u funny ooo, but come to think of it. There are many educated members dat knows d bible well< do u think they dont have reason for this? I need to hear from members
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by nerodenero: 10:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Aside the Bible verse,they believe is part of the sacrifice of practicing their own religion.Is like a muslim lady wearing hijab.The religion dictates covering of sensitive parts and some of them wont step out without wearing it.It has become part of them,a belief,it is their faith and just the best way they feel they can practice their religion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
nerodenero: Aside the Bible verse,they believe is part of the sacrifice of practicing their own religion.Is like a muslim lady wearing hijab.The religion dictates covering of sensitive parts and some of them wont step out without wearing it.It has become part of them,a belief,it is their faith and just the best way they feel they can practice their religion.

i dont buy dat sacrifice idea, do u know one can get infected by this, or match tiny particles dat can cause swollen foot and when such happens its termed "poison" from their enemies> there are things that are not supposed to be happening in this present age.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by tobechi20(m): 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
Poverty

1 Like

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 11:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
tobechi20: Poverty

I dont think its poverty bc there are rich men among them and also educated and enlightened professionals. i think it has to do with belief system but i want a member to prove to me why they do dat.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Goshen360(m): 12:54am On Oct 11, 2013
I believe it is because they believe the Mosaic more than they believe Christ and the finished works - it is as believing shadows to believing substance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2013
Goshen360: I believe it is because they believe the Mosaic more than they believe Christ and the finished works - it is as believing shadows to believing substance.

Does it mean they practice Judaism? They eat unleavened bread, observe passover, stone adulterers, burn offering sacrifice etc?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by sexkilzahegoat: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
holy holy! st michael!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Where are d answers na?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by Arysexy(m): 12:57am On Oct 13, 2013
MOD please move to frontpage
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Goshen360: I believe it is because they believe the Mosaic more than they believe Christ and the finished works - it is as believing shadows to believing substance.

Simply untrue. I hope you don't go about touting this as fact. Celestians believe in the finished work of Christ that yielded salvation by grace.

In fact, the first words the pastor-founder Oshoffa heard when he was called was "Luli" - being translated as "the grace of Jesus Christ."
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
Good question. Celestians do not wear shoes in the church in recognition that the church constitutes the place where God is, a holy place.

Celestians do not wear shoes with their sutana as a matter of injunction. The sutana connotes that, as the name of the church implies, they are citizens of heaven and not earthly. It is symbolic. To wear shoes with the sutana would have the symbol lose its meaning.

There is no injunction that says a celestian must wear their sutana on their way to church. They can wear regular clothes with shoes and change when they get to church.

But symbolism is not dogma. In unsanitary or horrible weather conditions, I would advise fellow celestians to either wear their regular clothes as they journey or if they wanted to be identified as a celestial church member, they should wear their shoes with their sutana as they journey.

I hope that has answered your question?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
NativeBoy: Good question. Celestians do not wear shoes in the church in recognition that the church constitutes the place where God is, a holy place.

Celestians do not wear shoes with their sutana as a matter of injunction. The sutana connotes that, as the name of the church implies, they are citizens of heaven and not earthly. It is symbolic. To wear shoes with the sutana would have the symbol lose its meaning.

There is no injunction that says a celestian must wear their sutana on their way to church. They can wear regular clothes with shoes and change when they get to church.

But symbolism is not dogma. In unsanitary or horrible weather conditions, I would advise fellow celestians to either wear their regular clothes as they journey or if they wanted to be identified as a celestial church member, they should wear their shoes with their sutana as they journey.

these are all human created dogma which has no biblical basis. The christian church building is not some kind of sacred temple. So what you guys practice is totaly wrong...looking at it from a christian angle.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
NativeBoy: Good question. Celestians do not wear shoes in the church in recognition that the church constitutes the place where God is, a holy place.

these are all human created dogma which has no biblical basis. The christian church building is not some kind of sacred temple. So what you guys practice is totaly wrong...looking at it from a christian angle.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
EMILO2STAY: these are all human created dogma which has no biblical basis. The christian church building is not some kind of sacred temple. So what you guys practice is totaly wrong...looking at it from a christian angle.

You're saying taking off your shoes has no biblical basis? I would read the scripture of God calling Moses again.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
EMILO2STAY: these are all human created dogma which has no biblical basis. The christian church building is not some kind of sacred temple. So what you guys practice is totaly wrong...looking at it from a christian angle.

You misunderstand. Was the plot of land a sacred temple when God asked Moses to take off his shoe? No. It isn't the place that is the object of attention, it is who is present at that place. And wherever God is, it is holy. Therefore in not wearing shoes in the church, Celestians are to recognize before whom they stand. They stand in God's presence.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
NativeBoy:

You're saying taking off your shoes has no biblical basis? I would read the scripture of God calling Moses again.
a one time commandment to moses in the burning bush, is the church of christ a burning bush? Are you guys moses? Where in the bible are christians commanded to take of there shoes when stepping into a church building?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
EMILO2STAY: a one time commandment to moses in the burning bush, is the church of christ a burning bush? Are you guys moses? Where in the bible are christians commanded to take of there shoes when stepping into a church building?

Please see my second response.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
EMILO2STAY: a one time commandment to moses in the burning bush, is the church of christ a burning bush? Are you guys moses? Where in the bible are christians commanded to take of there shoes when stepping into a church building?

Do you realize that in setting up His church, Jesus did not command a particular way the body of Christ was to worship. I could also ask you, "where is it commanded in the bible to where shoes in the church?" We cannot put God in a box or confine God to a mode.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
NativeBoy:

You misunderstand. Was the plot of land a sacred temple when God asked Moses to take off his shoe? No. It isn't the place that is the object of attention, it is who is present at that place. And wherever God is, it is holy. Therefore in not wearing shoes in the church, Celestians are to recognize before whom they stand. They stand in God's presence.
i used the analogy of a temple because it is the place were the presence of God is constant. Eg, the ark of God was in the jewish temple in a room called the holy of holies...so therefore the high priest must be clean or holy to aproach such a place or els death is the penalty. But the system has changed today through christ, God now resides in us and not in a so called holy ground or place.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
NativeBoy:

Do you realize that in setting up His church, Jesus did not command a particular way the body of Christ was to worship. I could also ask you, "where is it commanded in the bible to where shoes in the church?" We cannot put God in a box or confine God to a mode.
the apostles of christ laid down the rules and doctrines for christians to follow my dear and it definately did not include pulling off shoes when inside the churche. the bible admonished christians to dress 'modestly', and how does one do that with simple shoes or sandals to cover there foot. You people have no biblical basis for your dogma.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
EMILO2STAY: i used the analogy of a temple because it is the place were the presence of God is constant. Eg, the ark of God was in the jewish temple in a room called the holy of holies...so therefore the high priest must be clean or holy to aproach such a place or els death is the penalty. But the system has changed today through christ, God now resides in us and not in a so called holy ground or place.

I don't see the points you are trying to make.

Yes, God lives in us through his spirit. That isn't the issue. When you enter the assembly of worship, you are in the presence of God. When standing in the presence of God, you are on holy ground for the God you meet there is holy. Again, it is symbolic.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by NativeBoy: 11:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
EMILO2STAY: the apostles of christ laid down the rules and doctrines for christians to follow my dear and it definately did not include pulling off shoes when inside the churche. the bible admonished christians to dress 'modestly', and how does one do that with simple shoes or sandals to cover there foot. You people have no biblical basis for your dogma.

One moment you say there is no biblical basis for taking off your shoe. I point out the incident with Moses then you say it was a one-time commandment. Now again you say there is no biblical basis. Which one is it?

If you say there is no biblical basis, then do you skip over the incident with Moses when reading scripture?
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2013
NativeBoy:

I don't see the points you are trying to make.

Yes, God lives in us through his spirit. That isn't the issue. When you enter the assembly of worship, you are in the presence of God. When standing in the presence of God, you are on holy ground for the God you meet there is holy. Again, it is symbolic.
my point is, the church of christ is not a temple nor a shrine these are places you are likely to pull of your shoes when you want to step in. Yes our God is holy but he did not command christians to take off their shoes when we gather together in his name.
Re: Why Do Celestial Church Of Christ Members Go Bare-footed? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2013
NativeBoy:

One moment you say there is no biblical basis for taking off your shoe. I point out the incident with Moses then you say it was a one-time commandment. Now again you say there is no biblical basis. Which one is it?

If you say there is no biblical basis, then do you skip over the incident with Moses when reading scripture?
nawa o!, where is it commanded in the bible that christians should take of their shoes when going to the church? what you people practice has biblical support, it is man made.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles-prayers Against Spirit Wife Or Husband / Kenneth Copeland Defends Pastors Owning Private Jets (VIDEO) / Hot Nigeria Girls Twerks Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.