Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves (17881 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 12, 2013
As a graduate of management and Accounting,i have been running this car business for abt 2 years with a team of friends.Most of us graduates. We import,sell and refurbish cars for people. Some of our offices have been shut along Lagos - Ibadan alausa axis for about 2 months by Lagos State Ministry of Environment,Federal govt recently announce a National Automotive policy to phase us out gradually.Yet the govt is telling us to be self employed.Olorun wa
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by kundul: 6:21am On Oct 12, 2013
No mind dis our yeye leaders, can u tell ur own children after graduation 2 go n create jobs Thievessssss kawai
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 12, 2013
i no fit talk....so na same thing wey dem go tell us next year b dishey God!!!i know say i go make am for 9ja....no lele...i go step up d game
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by mrgreen4real(m): 7:32am On Oct 12, 2013
God Punish them and their families. We created your jobs (political offices) by voting you people. Now You want us to creat jobs by ourselves. Give us the capital and we'll do that. We'll soon destroy your offices we Created by a revolution so that we all be job creators. Time shall tell. You are pushing us to tha wall and the later will be reprisal.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by godwinnd: 7:45am On Oct 12, 2013
Congestion to dem we'll come to naij
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by GodswillAJudins(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2013
naija too hard haba. which kyn government be this. which kyn country be this. Baba God I thank u for the talents. if not na aba for me.

" love ma country"
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by matty1024: 8:21am On Oct 12, 2013
Nigerian government have no plan for their citizens. All they want is for the citizens to do everything on their own. There isn't anything wrong if one creates job for himself/herself, but the government has to create a supportive measure also. I lived in Europe whereby the government gives long term loans that will enable their people to create jobs for themselves and give employment to others. Governor Akpabio tell us how your government can support your people in creating jobs?
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Dare14: 9:47am On Oct 12, 2013
naija
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Send me. A pM will inbox u. The price
hopilo:
How much be the price for first pics
biafranqueen: BEAUTIFUL do you have an online store?
not yet dear smiley
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by saintfaculty(m): 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Yes o. I've already done that by opening a secondary and primary school. I hope the education ministry will not close them down due to lack of necessary facilities. I hope to equip them with time. I passed out in june though

u passed out in june?
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by dreams22: 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
A nice way of saying. NO JOBS for graduates. Sort yourself out. Nigerians will need to learn to deploy their skills instead of waiting for a job. That's why outsourcing marketplace websites like Afrevo dot com is a welcome development
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by wendyibeh: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
Creating jobs for urselves is the best advice one can give to d youth if dis generation. if u keep waiting for the govt to do everything for u, den one day d same govt will come n put food in ur mouth, bath u, wash ur cloths, build ur house etc . You guys shud be creative, think n be wise. I am self employed just 3weeks after my NYSC in June,2013 n no 1 can boss me around because I know wat I want for my self. If u have a dream, u won't wait for the govt, but be a govt of ur own.

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by SaintChukz(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
wendy ibeh: Creating jobs for urselves is the best advice one can give to d youth if dis generation. if u keep waiting for the govt to do everything for u, den one day d same govt will come n put food in ur mouth, bath u, wash ur cloths, build ur house etc . You guys shud be creative, think n be wise. I am self employed just 3weeks after my NYSC in June,2013 n no 1 can boss me around because I know wat I want for my self. If u have a dream, u won't wait for the govt, but be a govt of ur own.
@ Wendy,what course did you read? Sure their advice is not out of place, but do they realize that everyone can't and i repeat can't be good managers of resources just like themselves? In that case how does one expect a person who can't effectively manage scarce resources to create a viable job for himself. That's just on one side. Again, these jobs there are all clamouring we create for ourselves, i'm sure there are not technically advanced jobs because we have non-developed/zero infrastructure to power such. It doesn't end there oh! Now if we are to create rickety jobs (jobs that require little or no skills) for ourselves, why are we deceiving ourselves by being signatories to several pacts and resolutions alongside progressive nations who know the value of "formal education". Do we then need the formal education? Also, what has the government done for us after the wasted years of pillaging our resources that they can't even account for provision of basic infrastructures such as good roads, water, electricity, good education, sound health care, provision of solid institutions that would stand the test of time. I could keep on endlessly, but that wouldn't help matters of course. Honestly speaking, i think Nigerians deserve these sort of leaders who think with their bottom, not until we elect the truly deserved and qualified leaders in positions, this is the sort of "crap" they will keep feeding us with.

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Is it possible to save part of your NYSC allowee and start big business with it? Let's analyse it using Akpors as example, who tried all his best to live a poor man's life during his NYSC days in order to gather much money from his monthly allowance to start a business thereafter. Luckily for Akpors, he was posted in a village called otan-ayegbaju in Osun state where things are relatively cheap. The only thing Akpors can do to earn extra money is home teaching, but unfortunately the village children are not interested in that, so Akpors would have to make do with his 'alawee' alone:

Now let's see how Akpors was able to gather the money:

Out of 19,800

I. Akpors pay tithe and offering every month
(as a christian) Tithe: 1,980 and offering #200/month

ii. Transportation daily: #60. n 20 days #1200

iii. House rent monthly( rural area) : #400

iv. Electricity: #200 monthly
v. Feeding: #100 morning #100 afternoon #100 evening...no fish and no meat o: #300 daily- #9,000 monthly
vi. Bring this, bring that at CDS: #300 monthly
vii. Provision monthly(optional) : a tin of Milo 1k+ (Akpors decided to be buying this when he fell sick)
viii. Recharge card for calling per week #400
per month #1,200:

ix. Soap to wash cloth per week #100; per month #400

x. polish, cream, toothpaste, etc... #1000 per month.
xi. Akpors barbs his hair once a month #200
xii. Small change that remains in Akpors money every month: 19,800 - 16,080= 3720

Total after service year= 3720×12= #44,640

xiii. Akpors travels to calabar his hometown to start business: Tfare: #6,640; money left- 38,000
xiv. Akpors fell sick and spent #10,000 in hospital: money left- #28,000
xv. Now Akpors has #28,000 left but he is now faced with the choice of either buying 2 Tecno android phone with it to start trading business as advised by Goodwill Akpabio and then go under bridge to sleep at night, 'boning' the fact that he is a graduate; or he should simply rent a small hut with the money and forget about self-employment for the moment. Pls, kind-hearted Nigerian, wetin you go advise Akpors do with his #28,000 alawee remnant?

Well, Akpors did something eventually- he bought the two phones- N3 and P3 and sold them for a gain of #1000. On his first night under bridge a rogue asked for either his money or his life and he delivered the money into their hands to deliver his life from their hands.
Now Akpors is back to square one!
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
ℓ☺ℓ I get the morals of the story. Those guys that rob akpors of his money aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ jobless. So they created job for themselves by robbing akpors. Corruption and unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by wendyibeh: 4:59am On Oct 13, 2013
@ Wendy,what course did you read? Sure their advice is not out of place, but do they realize that everyone can't and i repeat can't be good managers of resources just like themselves? In that case how does one expect a person who can't effectively manage scarce resources to create a viable job for himself. That's just on one side. Again, these jobs there are all clamouring we create for ourselves, i'm sure there are not technically advanced jobs because we have non-developed/zero infrastructure to power such. It doesn't end there oh! Now if we are to create rickety jobs (jobs that require little or no skills) for ourselves, why are we deceiving ourselves by being signatories to several pacts and resolutions alongside progressive nations who know the value of "formal education". Do we then need the formal education? Also, what has the government done for us after the wasted years of pillaging our resources that they can't even account for provision of basic infrastructures such as good roads, water, electricity, good education, sound health care, provision of soild institutions that would stand the test of time. I could keep on endlessly, but that wouldn't help matters of course. Honestly speaking, i think Nigerians deserve these sort of leaders who think with their bottom, not until we elect the truly deserved and qualified leaders in positions, this is the sort of "crap" they will keep feeding us with.

@saint.... I read Environmental Resource Management, so graduates in dis country have no excuse watsoever to keep demselves busy through a skill or a trade. It is just their laziness mentality, everybody wants free bread n butter, it doesn't happen that way any longer. Be a solution to ur country not a problem. The owner of Facebook, Mark Zucherburg did not wait for his country to provide a job for him, but now we are beneficiaries of his skills, Aliko Dangote and Mike Adenuga did not wait for the Nigeria govt. , now dey r bastard millionaires. Think about it!!!!! If you need help or u r confused on want to do, i employ pple in my company, n create a better life n hope for them. call 08063785474 or u email me dd_wendy@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Diamond232(m): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2013
If creatn job is nw d ans,I dnt c any reason y U av 2 waste money and tym 2 skul again.God will soon raise d sword of death against bad leaders dat mak d citizens suffer.Parents dat suffer 2 send their children 2 skul will start lukn 4 capital 2 set dem up again when dey should start reapn d fruits of dere labour,dis stupid pipu keep billions of naira 4 dere generatns 2 cum.They wnt knw peace untill dey set tins right.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Pasca07: 10:08am On Oct 13, 2013
@diamond, amen,amen amen,amen,amen,amen and amen to ur prayer
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by SaintChukz(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
wendy ibeh: @ Wendy,what course did you read? Sure their advice is not out of place, but do they realize that everyone can't and i repeat can't be good managers of resources just like themselves? In that case how does one expect a person who can't effectively manage scarce resources to create a viable job for himself. That's just on one side. Again, these jobs there are all clamouring we create for ourselves, i'm sure there are not technically advanced jobs because we have non-developed/zero infrastructure to power such. It doesn't end there oh! Now if we are to create rickety jobs (jobs that require little or no skills) for ourselves, why are we deceiving ourselves by being signatories to several pacts and resolutions alongside progressive nations who know the value of "formal education". Do we then need the formal education? Also, what has the government done for us after the wasted years of pillaging our resources that they can't even account for provision of basic infrastructures such as good roads, water, electricity, good education, sound health care, provision of soild institutions that would stand the test of time. I could keep on endlessly, but that wouldn't help matters of course. Honestly speaking, i think Nigerians deserve these sort of leaders who think with their bottom, not until we elect the truly deserved and qualified leaders in positions, this is the sort of "crap" they will keep feeding us with.

@saint.... I read ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, so graduates in dis country have no excuse watsoever to keep demselves busy through a skill or a trade. It is just their laziness mentality, everybody wants free bread n butter, it doesn't happen that way any longer. Be a solution to ur country not a problem. The owner of Facebook, Mark Zucherburg did not wait for his country to provide a job for him, but now we are beneficiaries of his skills, Aliko Dangote and Mike Adenuga did not wait for the Nigeria govt. , now dey r bastard millionaires. Think about it!!!!! If you need help or u r confused on want to do, i employ pple in my company, n create a better life n hope for them. call 08063785474 or u email me dd_wendy@yahoo.co.uk.
Nice response @ wendy, but i think you didn't really answer my questions, but about you reading the course you read, i think that explains it better why you have being able to device a job-creating mentality. From the course(environment resource management) you read, it would be sin if you aren't able to effectively manage scarce resources. You don't expect someone who read Nuclear physics for example to think like you, do you? How many Nuclear Physicists do you know that have created jobs for themselves? when all they know is immerse their whole life in a Laboratory that is supposed to be provided through government's infrastructure. You made mention of Mark Zuckerberg being a drop-out and yet becoming something, do you honestly think if he was a Nigerian and lived in Nigeria, he would have succeeded? He was a genius who had a very brilliant idea and because of the kind of society he lives in, there were people who saw how he could better lives with it. Again, you mentioned Aliko Dangote and Mike Adenuga, are these two persons not beneficiaries form governments generosity itself? How else would they have thrived in a very corrupt system like ours without them being corrupt themselves. Would a government like ours readily create a platform or even support a business man to thrive to challenge either of them? Anyway, thanks for the heads up, i would be sending you a message, so expect a mail from me soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Re-negotiation Of Mtn’s N780bn Fine / Presidency To Probe Osinbajo’s Nominees To ICPC Board / Buhari Presidency Releases Looted Funds To APC Candidates – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.