Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved (15225 Views)

National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy / Impeachment: Labour To Shut Down Ekiti For Fayose As Group Writes CJN / NUPENG Threatens Strike If Petroleum Industrial Bill Isn't Passed Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by peleson: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
fkaz:

Stop spewing rubbish

Let them join if that will make FG fulfil their agreement.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
if we get our education system right we would have solve 70% of our problem.
Keep quit! What is right about ASUU demands? Their pockets! ASUU is the 2nd highest paid in africa n the 12th highest paid in the world n now they want to be the highest in the world just like the senators!
If ASUU says, NO GOING BACK until our lawmakers and politician stop mismanagement and reduce their jumbo pay them we ll be happy BUT if they say NO GOING BACK until u increase and PAY US OUR JUMBO ALLOWANCE then it's greed. We are too intelligent for the rubbish! No work no pay for ASUU.
Have ASUU considered the hell they make students face and all the intimidations , harassment n bribes? Have they gone on strike for that?
Ofcos majority of them went to school on SCHOLARSHIPS with FREE MEAL from the government on their table. Have they gone on strike to bring some of those things back? Only their pockets!

1 Like

Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by danibobo: 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Rejoice5000: one week wat?? students that graduated b4 the strike,all they fully employed now abeg they should continue the strike abeg.
u must be dum hw will ever help d situation..... so they shud stop others frm gettin job. dont u kno unemployment has been an issue with or without d strike.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Slizbeat(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
True that most of the labour workers kids goes to these universities under ASUU and are tired of seeing their children staying at home but All you guys agitating and supporting Labour's proposed strike threat are not for real oo.

Do you Think FG will even succumb to such when they don't make use of anything the labour works for. The hospitals, schools and what have you. You are only trying to suffer the masses on our already Suffering conditions.

be wise please, cos when two elephants fight, na grass dey suffer am oo.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
My opinion....

ASUU is 100% right cos the fed govt signed an agreement without cohesion + Nigerian tetiary education is becoming a sham gradually like the public primary and secondary schools have become. No be everybody get money to send pikin go Babcock, Covenant, etc

Government is not responding anytime soon because this is money issue and the federal government wont expose itself "Nigeria is freaking BROKE" - How come Mrs Iweala has been missing. Most state workers are complaining of owed salaries etc.

I think a bill should be passed into law... "If you intend becoming a public office holder, all your wards in undergraduate education phase MUST school in Nigerian Public Universities"

CHIKENNA!!!

1 Like

Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by IYANGBALI: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
the word strike always make me happy,i don,t know why. Pls bring it up and let man pikin see how the drama would play out,but come to think of it,i no trust NLC at all, at all,dem be ole jaguda.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by IYANGBALI: 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Slizbeat: True that most of the labour workers kids goes to these universities under ASUU and are tired of seeing their children staying at home but All you guys agitating and supporting Labour's proposed strike threat are not for real oo.

Do you Think FG will even succumb to such when they don't make use of anything the labour works for. The hospitals, schools and what have you. You are only trying to suffer the masses on our already Suffering conditions.

be wise please, cos when two elephants fight, na grass dey suffer am oo.
abeg make we hear word,before now wey two elephants no fight,we no suffer?there is no difference,he who is down fears no fall,we don already dey down,na to bury us na him remain,but before dem bury us, we go fight dem

1 Like

Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by playboy19(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wsdm: I hope they will not hijack the genuine ASUU strike and turn it to shambles as they did to fuel subsidy protest. They should leave ASUU do their own while they face the unfavorable conditions workers are facing. Wait a minute; have FG workers been paid their September salaries?

God bless you. NLC is a tool in the hand of the FG. All they'll do is hijack the whole strike thing, make it all about labor and make an unconsented deal with the FG (collect many many Ghana-must-go from the FG for a job well done). Buncha thieves.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Do you have sense at all? You are evil

u r senseless as if u don't know dat any moment Labor goes on strike,dats wot happens.do they need to spell it out to you.
i don't have sympathy left for any politician up there cos their hearts are seared just lyk de bible will call them.

note:refrain from always quoting ppls post,be original and not a plagiarizer
i can see u r waiting for me to reply u,ONYE IBERIBE
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Demdem(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Excellent development.
Govt should be made to honour agreements.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Sayet(m): 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Some people are just senseless!!!
Whether they want to fight for their pockets or their bags, the truth is: they made just one good point in which we all have to support them. And the point is:

'The govt are not bothered abt you students because their children study abroad'

This is a matter that should make us all angry and not calling for the labour leader's head!

At least, if their threats go real, are they not clear abt wot they want? Is it for them or for ASSU? undecided
You said it all.

1 Like

Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by IcekrimPaul007(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
This Ajero of a man is jst troublesome. last time he threaten to shot down Nigeria with his inefficient PHCN workers bt having seen that government determine to meet the workers demand and been that he is working for some unseen force, who are against the president, is nw determine to justify his d bribe he took by resorting to join ASUU. Although past administrations has some blame to take bt ASUU especially VCs shud explain to Nigerian what they do with d money they generate in schools accross d country. I repeat it again, it is d universities that u will see d highest level of corruption in Nigeria pepetuated by d VCs.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by playboy19(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
stevnwigw1: pls a law should be inated if you study abroad you cannot work in nigeria

If People who graduated abroad cannot work in Nigeria, who then is gonna work? All this half-baked-unproductive nigerian graduates?

Don't let your emotions becloud your sense of reasoning.

The problem is not with the people who spent a lot of money schooling abroad but with our elders who doesn't want you to be enlightened enough to know the enamousity of their corrupt practices. Cos if you do, you'd rebel against them.

For instance, You'd agree with me that majority in Nigeria do not really know the purchasing power of a billion naira. You'd also agree with me that if they do, they'll know the gravity of the offense commited by someone who embezzled 8 billion naira and definitely will not just let it ride as we see today.

So don't hate the player, hate the game. Like I always say, Nigerians are enjoying the happenstance in Nigeria. When they are tired of the soap opera, they know what to do. But until then, let us all grab more pop corn and have a viewing pleasure.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by timwezzb(m): 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin JoNa 4 2015 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by fkaz(m): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
peleson:
Keep quit! What is right about ASUU demands? Their pockets! ASUU is the 2nd highest paid in africa n the 12th highest paid in the world n now they want to be the highest in the world just like the senators!
If ASUU says, NO GOING BACK until our lawmakers and politician stop mismanagement and reduce their jumbo pay them we ll be happy BUT if they say NO GOING BACK until u increase and PAY US OUR JUMBO ALLOWANCE then it's greed. We are too intelligent for the rubbish! No work no pay for ASUU.
Have ASUU considered the hell they make students face and all the intimidations , harassment n bribes? Have they gone on strike for that?
Ofcos majority of them went to school on SCHOLARSHIPS with FREE MEAL from the government on their table. Have they gone on strike to bring some of those things back? Only their pockets!

rubbish

If you don't know ASUU demand just keep quite instead of making foool of your self with that sermon. Did ASUU tell u their only problem is allowance?

2009 Agreement it freely entered into with our Union. Specifically, ASUU identified the following key areas that were yet to be implemented:
i. Funding requirements for Revitalization of the Nigerian Universities
ii. Federal Government Assistance to State Universities
iii. Establishment of NUPEMCO
iv. Progressive increase in Annual Budgetary Allocation to Education to 26% between 2009 and 2020
v. Earned Allowances
vi. Amendment of the Pension/Retirement Age of Academics on the Professorial cadre from 65 to 70 years
vii. Reinstatement of prematurely dissolved Governing Councils
viii. Transfer of Federal Government Landed Property to Universities
ix. Setting up of Research Development Council and Provision of Research Equipment to laboratories and classrooms in our universities.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by IYANGBALI: 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
fkaz:

rubbish

If you don't know ASUU demand just keep quite instead of making foool of your self with this sermon. Did ASUU tell u their only problem is allowance?

2009 Agreement it freely entered into with our Union. Specifically, ASUU identified the following key areas that were yet to be implemented:
i. Funding requirements for Revitalization of the Nigerian Universities
ii. Federal Government Assistance to State Universities
iii. Establishment of NUPEMCO
iv. Progressive increase in Annual Budgetary Allocation to Education to 26% between 2009 and 2020
v. Earned Allowances
vi. Amendment of the Pension/Retirement Age of Academics on the Professorial cadre from 65 to 70 years
vii. Reinstatement of prematurely dissolved Governing Councils
viii. Transfer of Federal Government Landed Property to Universities
ix. Setting up of Research Development Council and Provision of Research Equipment to laboratories and classrooms in our universities.
abeg fashi dat guy,he just dey wake up from sleep
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Lurcky(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
make those peeps no try em o.
I get work wey i like so much
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Smooyis(m): 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
I sense a Revolution snowballing!
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by soludokay(m): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
I CONCUR TO CORE
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Am tired ov seatin @ home joor sad

In other news!

#kneels down#

Thank u Baba 4 makin me see 2day 4 it has neva been by my power nor by my might, buh by ur majestic grace oh Lord!
Thank u Papa 4 puttin me on FP!
All fellow nairalanderz dat made dis feat possible, may God replenish all ya MB's 4 more browsin & ETT grin

#praise worship mode aktivated#
Dis iz Super stoooory, where life's full of struggles
Dis iz supeeer stooooooory...

2 Likes

Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by kinguwem: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
The NLC has lost focus. Of what benefit is their proposed solidarity strike to the common man. Increased involvement of the private section in the funding of education is a solution to the lingering crisis. The lecturers have piles of degrees but no initiatives to regenerate resources to run the educational institutions. Over-dependence on government subvention is a problem.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by majorgeeboy: 2:03am On Oct 12, 2013
wesley80: Is that the only thing that should bother them? Do the so called leaders use Nigerian hospitals? Do they vacation in Nigeria? Are they at the mercy of kidnappers and robbers like other Nigerians? Do they rely on smoky and noisy i pass my neighbor gen sets to have power? Why arent labour leaders angry over all these also? Your head isnt there as a design, USE IT, that's why you were given one!

from what you have said i can deduce that you av been affectied by either illitracy or you are from d jonathans circle. bunch of ignoramus
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by wallex1983(m): 6:25am On Oct 12, 2013
They shuld not put their own there o. When we are tired, we will call of ASUU strike.

I'm ashamed be of ASUU member.

Nonsense!!!
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2013
wallex1983: They shuld not put their own there o. When we are tired, we will call of ASUU strike.

I'm ashamed be of ASUU member.

Nonsense!!!

Chai! sad

It iz well sha, we jez need 2 work harder on dat english nite lesson stuff then we'll get there cool
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Victormessi(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2013
Kaxmytex:
[size=28pt]can 2 wrongz make a right?[/size]
But a right eradicates two wrongs,we need to go back to school,see if our education system is standardize,we would have solve about 70 percent of our problem like my friend earlier said
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by david290(m): 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
I'm sure u are not a student
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by walexlugas08(m): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
Obviously,we all know that you're all shameless people that want to seduce yourself,aren't we know that you're fighting for your own interest? Pls leave them(ASUU Union)to fight for themselves instead of fighting for your own pocket. Do you think subsidy saga have forgotten in people's memory? You're just an ordinary illusion and ragtag union that exist as green snake under grass,enough of you,biggest traitor labour union ever liveth!
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by Rexyl(m): 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
I am surprised the way NLC leaves its matters unattended to as many of its members are poorly paid in many state, yet the body doesn't have any solution to this. If what we could here from them is supporting ASUU to succeed in their demands, what could have been their motives. May be ASUU will come back to help them too to secure all their full benefits.
Re: Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved by sutst: 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Bad news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun / PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed / 63 Unaccompanied Children, Six Pregnant Women Among Those Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.