Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? (4704 Views)

Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja / Can The Super Eagles Beat The Red Devils At Home? / This Team Can Be Better Than 94 - Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Hannibal: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2008
dayokanu:

@Hannibal,
Eagles will beat The English national team even if they play in Buckingham Palace. Is it not that Chief Riot ferdinand who would mark Yakubu? Remember their recent meetings. Martins against West Brown, With Scoot carson in Post or Robinson. Uche would dribble them like crazy.

We don't even need a keeper because Rooney can never score. tongue tongue The last time we played, England forced our Opabunmi & Obiorah led side to a goalless draw FACT!!! tongue tongue tongue

Stop smoking ya toe-nails,
Nigeria will beat Germany anywhere. Bite me!!!

U dont ned a keeper because Rooney can never score?? Duhhhhhhhhhhhh
Blimey. . . . .U needed 13 players when England spanked y'all 5-1 in Berlin. tongue
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by ItuBaba1: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2008
All of una dey miss the point. Nigeria can beat any team any day, all you need is just a little incentive smiley for the player. I'm talking Kudi, Money, Owo, smiley
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by davidif: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2008
@itu baba
Any team can beat any team anyday, the big question is what is the possibility, remember that even 5% chance is still a probability.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by troy34(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2008
before the nations cup ill say iceland but now we could try out france coz thier football is in chaos wink cheesy tongue
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by anonimi: 11:34am On Jul 07, 2008
A case for Kadiri Ikhana
By Patrick Ngwaogu

THE recent outburst by the 2004 CAF Coach of the Year Kadiri Ikhana has generated a lot of brouhaha within football circles. Many requested for the head of the Edo State-born soccer tactician while others are in total support of him.

Ikhana while signifying his intention to quit the local league as a coach was quoted as saying that the league is corrupt; the best teams are not allowed to win the league, and he does not intend to continue with such a corrupt setting. Many have argued why it took Kadiri Ikhana such a long time to realise that the league is corrupt, whereas it is the system that made him what he is today. For the records, it would be recalled that Kadiri Ikhana was a member of the dreaded Bendel Insurance of Benin squad in the early 1970s, where he rose to annex the right full back position of the senior national team, the then Green Eagles.

Since retiring from active play, Ikhana has coached many prominent teams in the country, and in each of the teams, he made a remarkable impact. The climax being, leading the Enyimba International Football Club of Aba to win the African Champions League trophy for the country in 2004. The trophy was elusive to the country until Ikhana and his fellow journeymen made history by breaking the jinx that year. Immediately after that, he had a deal in South Africa which fell through; then he decided to handle Kwara United to win a continental ticket in 2005. Though, with sad tales after he escaped death in the hands of the fans of the club early in the league.

Ikhana has seen it all both as a player and as a coach for a period spanning over three decades. We can as well say that he has seen the good, the bad and the ugly sides of Nigerian football. He has interacted with those who administer the game both in the country and the world at large. He must have learnt how the league shield is won in other parts of the world, and how we win here in Nigeria. Ikhana has also won the league with several clubs here in Nigeria, and is also abreast with how the deal is "fixed". So when he makes such a sensitive statement, it should not be waved aside.

Unless we want to pretend, it is an understatement to say that our league is corrupt and that the best teams do not win it. Many who are close watchers of the league would not but agree with Ikhana. It is very obvious that club managers prefer to align themselves with referees and other officiating officials instead of making the welfare of their players and officials paramount. The amount they expend on what they call "PR" outstrips what is invested on the players who are the centre of the action. There have been instances where match officials have been brutalised for not doing the will of their paymasters.

Early in the year, during the imbroglio between the NFA/NFL, one club official was quoted as saying that he aligned with the NFL because he wanted his team to win a continental slot at the end of the season. Then, if such came from a well-known club official, why crucify Ikhana? He knew quite well that for him to be "anointed" for the continent, he needs proper alignment. Former Governor of Abia State Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu only recently accused the league organisers of being the bane behind Enyimba's inability to defend the league title they won last year.

Sometime in January this year, during a stakeholders meeting held at the Chida Hotel Abuja, NFL Chairman Chief Oyuki Obaseki was full of vexation that he poured curses on match officials for collecting gratification from clubs to ruin the league when he said "what you are collecting is blood money and you will perish with it. The blood of the youths you are ruining their lives would continue to pursue you". In another statement, a referee executive member was quoted as saying that they would continue to collect gratifications because they are not being well-paid. The statement did not go down well with Obaseki, who reminded them that refereeing is not a profession, but a hobby. The NFL Chairman has decided to de-register many clubs next season, unless they pay all the debts owed to coaches and players. "Why would the players and officials be made the scapegoats? These clubs have the money to bribe referees, but they would not have money to pay the players and officials," the Benin High Chief was quoted as saying.

We would not forget so easily that the likes of Abiola Babes, Leventis United, Iwuanyanwu Nationale, Flash Flamingoes among others being privately-owned clubs were disbanded when the proprietors could no longer stomach the eyesore called league management.

If those who are in charge of the league lay credence to the corruption in our league, then, why crucify Ikhana? I think that the best they can do to Ikhana is to call him for discussions on the possible ways forward. His years of experience in the game remain an asset. The issue of who appoints the referees should not arise in this case. Even if the referees are appointed from heaven, if they want to be corrupt they would be.

*Ngwaogu is an Abuja-based Sports Journalist

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article03//indexn2_html?pdate=070708&ptitle=A%20case%20for%20Kadiri%20Ikhana

Symptomatic of the comatose state of our football and other sports
Anyway make we continue dey beleive in miracles yanfu yanfu like sey God no dey for other countries dem.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by arktivitym(m): 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2008
For now l doubt if the Super Chickens,sorry Eagles,can beat any European country.As at today, shocked
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
Stop smoking ya toe-nails,
Nigeria will beat Germany anywhere. Bite me!!!

You don't ned a keeper because Rooney can never score?? Duhhhhhhhhhhhh
Blimey. . . . .You needed 13 players when England spanked y'all 5-1 in Berlin.

Where were those idiotic English players when England could not qualify for USA 1994 and Euro 2008? Have you ever heard of Germany missing a major tournament?

See this for yourself. Japan korea world cup germany Finalist England Q-finals
2006 World cup Germany 3rd place England Q-Finals.
2008 Euro cup. Germany 2nd place England DNQ

Can you mention how many tournaments in the last 40 years where England surpassed Germany?

Bavaria's record is better than the whole of UK So dont even bother comparing England and Germany.

Nigeria at its lowest Ebb with onigbinde as coach, Opabunmi as striker, Okoronkwo, Sodje and Udeze as defenders, Obiorah as midfielder and Akwuegbu as striker. England just managed to force us to a draw.

Nigeria's best showing in a football game was probably at Wembley when jay Jay Okocha made those English players look like idiots. If not for pity we would have spelt RUMPESTILTSKIN on that night at Wembley. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by bdude: 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
U guys don start.Wait let the reformation be completed before we start comparing.And football ain't no longer saying this can beat that just like that.The boys r trying now though not yet fully the Naija team we know but winnings better than playing well and losing or playing out a draw.Any and every team can be beaten.C'est tres simple.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Shagari2(m): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2008
I reckon we're better than a whole junk of Europe!

Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Cyprus
Estonia
Georgia
Iceland
Ireland
Kosovo
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia

And finally , The Vatican! grin
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by dyabman(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2008
I reckon we're better than a whole junk of Europe!

Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Cyprus
Estonia
[s][/s]Georgia
Iceland
Ireland
Kosovo
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
[s][/s]Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
[/s]Montenegro
San Marino
[s]
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia

And finally , The Vatican! grin

[quote][/quote]

Remove Iceland,Serbia/montenegro,luxemborg,georgia.

You can't beat those teams i stroked
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by dayokanu(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2008
Where were those idiotic English players when England could not qualify for USA 1994 and Euro 2008? Have you ever heard of Germany missing a major tournament?

See this for yourself. Japan korea world cup germany Finalist England Q-finals
2006 World cup Germany 3rd place England Q-Finals.
2008 Euro cup. Germany 2nd place England DNQ

Can you mention how many tournaments in the last 40 years where England surpassed Germany?

Bavaria's record is better than the whole of UK So don't even bother comparing England and Germany.

Nigeria at its lowest Ebb with onigbinde as coach, Opabunmi as striker, Okoronkwo, Sodje and Udeze as defenders, Obiorah as midfielder and Akwuegbu as striker. England just managed to force us to a draw.

Nigeria's best showing in a football game was probably at Wembley when jay Jay Okocha made those English players look like idiots. If not for pity we would have spelt RUMPESTILTSKIN on that night at Wembley.

Naija would beat England anyday
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by dyabman(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2008
we don hear you
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by ixzdore: 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2008
he he he
try www.wetindey.net
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Fadajasi(m): 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
Tseew!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Fadajasi(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2008
Tseew!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by joshua1996: 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2008
ahhhh
wetiin spain no be small tin oooooooooooooo
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by BrigGen: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
Nigeria we hail thee
The Giant of Africa
The terror of Europe and its scion,France.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
One year gone since this topic was discussed.

France settled. Ireland? hmmnn a draw abi.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by PERVERT9: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2009
abeg me i no get hope for this eagles again o,anybody can beat us now they are now super chicken
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by BrigGen: 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2009
@otokx
Is Israel an European nation? shocked
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by chidichris(m): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2009
i know that before the fifi confederation cup in south africa, no one would give it to egypt over italy and no one will dream of usa humbling the much talked about spain. the so called unable boys of eagles were able to beat france in a frendly recently maybe they are not europeans.
i hope with these few points of mine, i v been able to creat an impression that our eagles can beat any team on a good day.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by mykali(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2009
we will confidently spank tha hell outta BRAZIL. grin grin grin

i'm trying to make Chidichris happy. tongue
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by chidichris(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2009
we will confidently spank tha hell outta BRAZIL. Grin Grin Grin

i'm trying to make Chidichris happy.

@mykali,
must u mention my name? am i the european countries? am i the coach of the super eagles? am i the super eagles? is it a crime for me to say my mind which have the backing of facts and figures? do i need to say the super eagles cannot win benin republic to be in ur group? is it possible u discuss the topic and let me be?
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by vikiviko(m): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2009
With adequate preparation and determination Eagles should hold its own against any European Power house.

Beating France recently is no fluke.

Drawing with Tunisia was a failure, what an irony.

The expectations and results of matches sometimes varies with people's desires.

The Tunisia result as hard earned it was achieved was not considered decent because the expectations was an outright victory.

Eagles please no fail us in September to win the home game against the Tunisians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Has Largest Fan Base?man Utd.,arsenal,chelsea And Liverpool: / Jonathan Promises A New Era In Sports / Will AIT, NTA Show Todays Match?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.