Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? (4709 Views)

Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja / Can The Super Eagles Beat The Red Devils At Home? / This Team Can Be Better Than 94 - Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by ritchboy(m): 11:14am On Jul 03, 2008
We should be able to beat U.S.S.R , West Germany and Czechoslovakia grin grin grin
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by JJay1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2008
On our best day, we can beat FAROE ISLANDS on their worst day. Mind you, the country has a population of just 48,000. 7 of their national team members are part-time footballers and they don't have enough man on reserve bench and during training they cant get up to 22 players to play 11 vs 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Angelheart: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2008
Super Eagles is a useless team these days!!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by manickal(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2008
supa eaglets can win bosnia and herzegovania, on a lucky day
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Jjay1
heheheheheheheheehhe
ure just too funny!!!
they dont even have 11players. chei!!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by JJay1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
@tkb417

They have 11 players but not up to 22, so they cant play 11 vs 11 in their training. Thats the truth, Im not making this up
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Hannibal: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ tkb417,

Super Eagles should beat Germany effectively.
With that defence and psychotic Lehmann in goal. . . . .expect Martins n Yakubu to take advantage. cheesy grin
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by A40(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2008
Hell naah! The only teams they can beat are Chechnya,Montenegro and San Marino
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Hannibal: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2008
A-40:

Hell naah! The only teams they can beat are Chechnya,Montenegro and San Marino

Negative!!!

Nigeria will beat Germany anywhere but a German soil. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by A40(m): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2008
Mba Nu!!!

Nigeria doesnt stand a chance against Germany or any other decent European team for that matter
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by samix(m): 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2008
super eagles no fit do nothing, the players are a bunch of lazy boys. they ain't patriotic nigerians.
scanning the whole of europe, na only latvia dem go fit beat and thats a probability not a certainty
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by davidif: 7:00am On Jul 04, 2008
@nedra
i think the only european team nigeria can defeat will be MALTA OR TROY

You are clown grin grin grin TROY does not exist anymore since well , 2000 BC ha ha ha.

Because USA managed to draw 0-0 with Spain before the Euros or 1-1 with Argentina does that mean that the US is still good enough to beat them in a major tournament? Definitely and absolutely not.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 9:25am On Jul 04, 2008
@Hannibal
LOL!!! How can Nigeria beat Germany?
except we'll field 16 players against der 11

Martins and Yakubu are candidates for the para-lympic games
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by dyabman(m): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2008
Not to talk of my orange boyss, dutch flavour, 6 - 0 , robben - taiye taiwo ah ya ya ya ya ,
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by anonimi: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2008
samix:

super eagles no fit do nothing, the players are a bunch of lazy boys. they ain't patriotic nigerians.

Since when was patritism only reserved for football players in a country
Is it that the NFA, NSC, Sports Ministers and Commissioners as well as LG Sports Councillor etc, who share the money they are supposed to use in developing football and other sports and pay the players very well, are not supposed to be patriotic
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by anonimi: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2008
For sure we can beat any team in Europe and Latin America, any day & any time.
How? Abeg no big thing, we go just put Fani-Kayode as minister make im for recruit those winches and occultic powers that he identified as the cause of air crashes to deal with our opposing teams each time.
In fact we don't even need to practice or invite any pro, just wear our juju-soaked jerseys and our opponents go start dey see double. grin
And if that one no work, we go send powerful prayer warriors for mountain top so God for make us win, still without practice, studying the opponents playing pattern/strenghts & weakness etc. Don't you know that God is a Nigerian at least when it comes to football. tongue
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by galatico(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2008
The Super Chickens sorry Super Eagles can no defeat any team @ Euro 2008 cause those Eagles boyz are not good let us accept that fact let's not be sentimental.

If that Spanish team meets Nigeria the match would end 7-0 in their favour cause you can not compare the team of 1998- 2008 its a long distance they are bunch of unpatrotic guys.

Or is it because they managed to beat Equitorial Guinea, Sierra Leone, south Africa, Look at the scoreline you'll only know a ghood team by the number of goals scored against a weak team if the Nigerian was good we should have trash the likes of South Africa, Sierra Loene, Equitorial Guines. not managing to beat them it should not be that way.

The way forward the Eagles should show more committment and for the GUY WHO WANTS TO COMMIT SUICIDE" I beg you don't cause you are on a suicide mission if you want to BET WITH YOUR LIFE. I cannot even bet a KOBO on the Eagles that hey would beat Angola talkless of Spain or Germany.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Jarus(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2008
Sincerely,I believe no European team can embarrassingly defeat the Eagles. Forget about their performance in recent games. If not for Uche last-minute penalty loss,Nigeria could have had a historic victory over highly rated Mexico(America). Switzerland lost to Eagles on their home soil. Austria,having fully prepared for Euro, drew with Eagles on their home soil. Yes,Australia beat us.

Our players are also world class. Martins,Mikel,Yak,Uche,Taye Taiwo,Kanu,Yobo would easily make 23 man list of any European country, including France,Spain,Germany and Italy, and England and some of them can even make the first-11 in these countries.

Yes,heaven will not fall if Taiwo faces Torres or Martins/Yakubu faces Canavaro. They have faced them many times in their club assignments. Recall what Uche did to Canavarro in the La Liga two seasons ago. Recall how Uche ran ring around reigning World FOTY, Canavarro two seasons ago. Recall how Yak,then at Boro,embarrassed the highly rated Terry,3 seasons ago. So our players are up to the task on a good day.

Taiwo faced Torres in last year CL, and even scored. Henry,Anelka,Torres, etc are not new to Yobo.

So anyday,I believe Eagles' chance against any of these top European countries is 50-50.It can swing to any side.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by donkay(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2008
did i hear some1 said Naija wil beat Spain? lololol! grin grin sometimes in 2003/04, Australia gave the American Samoans 31-0 (i thnk, not quite sure) Archie Thompson got 13gols dat day, grin i thnk itz high time we brok dat record, lol! but to be more serious, Nigeria beat Spain?? Not in dis life! Who wan hold Torres & Villa abeg? Even Casillas wil score on dat day, Nigeria shd be able to beat countries lik Faroe, Bosnia (ahhh, Salihamidzic is from dat country o!), Malta and d rest of d European wowo minnows,
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2008
@ife-eco-2006
hehehehehehe
all those players u mentioned can walk into any team iin the world? says who?
YOU

check the clubs they play for and start from der
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by icezik1(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2008
With 90% of the people on this thread not having any faith in Nigeria, how are we gonna beat anybody? Don't you guys realise that the fans are the necessary 12th man on the pitch? Just look at our match against Equatorial Guinea. The stadium was half empty! Disgraceful!

What nonsense are you guys talking about? Saying Nigeria can't beat some European teams like Latvia? That's very funny to me. Do you honestly believe if the likes of Mourinho, Scolari, Arigones, Hiddink, et al were the Manager of Nigeria we couldn't beat any country? Please!! I don't have anything against Amodu but football is not a game of individuals anymore. It doesn't matter if you have the best players (Portugal, couldn't win Euro 2008 despite having Ronaldo!) in the world what matters is the tactics you employ. After all, in the just concluded Euro 2008, how many big names can you point at in the German team? Apart from Ballack and Lehman (the hopeless goalkeeper!) and maybe Podolski? Just look at Turkey! Nigeria has more well known players than Turkey. Tactics is very important. With good tactics and proper team selection Nigeria can thrash anyone. Just look at our upcoming players, Lukman Haruna, Victor Anichebe, Macaulay Chrisantus, Rabiu Ibrahim (the next Jay Jay Okocha!), King Osanga, Mikel, Taiwo and the Uche brothers.

All of you on this thread obviously know nothing about football!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by icezik1(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2008
And some people have been talking about patriotism? Are YOU patriotic? I doubt it because if you were you would support Nigeria no matter what happened, even if they lost 20-0 to Lesotho, you would still proudly wear your Nigerian jersey and go watch the Super Eagles! Bunch of hypocrites, that's what all of you are. How many of you have ever gone to the stadium to watch any National side play? Just look at the Premiership, for example, despite the fact that Derby County were losing almost every match people still went to the stadiums to watch them. That's called patriotism! And our National teams won't succeed until all you guys start caring a little bit more! How will the players play well if before the match everyone is already saying that they are too lazy or unpatriotic? Hah, did you even know that Yakubu was one of the players that used to admonish other players if they arrived at training 5 minutes late? He was always there on time and gave his best. Unfortunately, the Nigerian midfield is not the same as Everton's midfield and that is not Yakubu's fault. He normally hangs around upfront waiting for a killer pass from maybe Arteta before slotting in a goal. No such passing is available in Nigeria and this is because we don't have any central midfielders anymore. Olofinjana, Mikel, Ayila Yusuf are all defensive midfielders!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by icezik1(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Sincerely,I believe no European team can embarrassingly defeat the Eagles. Forget about their performance in recent games. If not for Uche last-minute penalty loss,Nigeria could have had a historic victory over highly rated Mexico(America). Switzerland lost to Eagles on their home soil. Austria,having fully prepared for Euro, drew with Eagles on their home soil. Yes,Australia beat us.

Our players are also world class. Martins,Mikel,Yak,Uche,Taye Taiwo,Kanu,Yobo would easily make 23 man list of any European country, including France,Spain,Germany and Italy, and England and some of them can even make the first-11 in these countries.

Yes,heaven will not fall if Taiwo faces Torres or Martins/Yakubu faces Canavaro. They have faced them many times in their club assignments. Recall what Uche did to Canavarro in the La Liga two seasons ago. Recall how Uche ran ring around reigning World FOTY, Canavarro two seasons ago. Recall how Yak,then at Boro,embarrassed the highly rated Terry,3 seasons ago. So our players are up to the task on a good day.

Taiwo faced Torres in last year CL, and even scored. Henry,Anelka,Torres, etc are not new to Yobo.

So anyday,I believe Eagles' chance against any of these top European countries is 50-50.It can swing to any side.

Abeg, I feel you, jo! Don't mind all them haters!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by luxiry(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2008
SERIOUSLY I THINK THAT WAS THEN because TO ME I THINK THE NEW BOYS NOW CAN TRY AND DEAFEAT EVEN BRAZIL ,AS AT NOW I CAN BET MY LIFE WITH THE NEW BOYS ,THEY WIN BRAZIL INSHORT WINNNAMMMMM grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Ice zik
thank u. we don't know about football
u that u know, tell your chicken eagles to start winning

success begets plenty offsprings; when they start winning, they will have supporters
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by ubest1(m): 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2008
Nigeria can beat any team in the world even with this present team, volt spoil our football and is gone, who is spain, germany etc, somebody was saying that how yakubu will pass those top defender, but they forgot that the same yakubu in english league. even brazil can stand us, our under 23 team will illustrate what nigeria team can do to any team next month
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by icezik1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2008
@tkb417

You proved my point! If you only support the Eagles when they're winning then why are you a Nigerian? I heard they're still doing America Visa lottery, quick go get one. I'm sure you think USA can beat Nigeria!

LOL! grin
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Ice Zik
LOL!!!! u no well
who told u i be Nigerian? i was born in Lome

Visa Lottery? thats true o, i didnt get any parcel ths year
that means i didnt win for last year. This year is another year. . .hehehehe

Usa vs Nigeria na scoredraw go end am
4-4
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Olaolufred(m): 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2008
When one big trouble lands on one head. Other small wahala go come dey make mess of am.
Dont think there is any european team for now that Eagles can beat not even our under 17.
But, i wish the slavery mentality of our players change and really put all to have a better future
not only for nigeria, but also for themselves. Torres still dedicated to Spain at 85 million pound offer,
Why are Eagles Celebrating this there 10 million to 15million mark. Are they confirming slavery?
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Olaolufred(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2008
Dis one wey people they call Eagles na Chickens.
They can narrowly win Estonia, Belarus, Moldova, Latvia and Cyprus country if:
(1) The referee is from Aba
(2) 1st Linesman is from Abaji
(3) 2nd Linesman is from Abakaliki
(4) The sitting Referee is from Abraka.
And, Niger-Delta militants becomes our Supporters Club.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Hannibal,
Eagles will beat The English national team even if they play in Buckingham Palace. Is it not that Chief Riot ferdinand who would mark Yakubu? Remember their recent meetings. Martins against West Brown, With Scoot carson in Post or Robinson. Uche would dribble them like crazy.

We dont even need a keeper cos Rooney can never score. tongue tongue The last time we played, England forced our Opabunmi & Obiorah led side to a goalless draw FACT!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Jarus(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2008
dayokanu:

@Hannibal,
Eagles will beat The English national team even if they play in Buckingham Palace. Is it not that Chief Riot ferdinand who would mark Yakubu? Remember their recent meetings. Martins against West Brown, With Scoot carson in Post or Robinson. Uche would dribble them like crazy.

We don't even need a keeper because Rooney can never score. tongue tongue The last time we played, England forced our Opabunmi & Obiorah led side to a goalless draw FACT!!! tongue tongue tongue

I agree. Eagles are better than English national team.
Our strike force(Yak,Martins,Uche,Kanu) can rip apart their defence,even with Terry and Rio.

Yobo,Shittu,Taiwo and Ordiah-manned defence will surely give their Rooney and Owen-led attack a tough time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Siasia Quits Youth Football / Get Youruk Pool Week 19 Live Draws(sure Winnings) / Ahmed Musa And Ali Nuhu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.