Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday (14037 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos/Ibadan Expressway To Be 10 Lanes —FERMA / Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2013
How on earth is this happening in lagos, on a sunday morning for that mata when thousands of xtians wld b plying that route to & frm church? Pls dnt tel me sunday is the best day to cause minimal inconvenience to commuters. For a company as sophisticated as CECC, such projects are done at night with heavy beams of light giving sufficient illumination. This is nt good enough for us, Nigerians are treated as sc*mbags by these foreigners, its soo not good

1 Like

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by gregg2: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2013
Ayoolla: Hello? I can't believe a nairalander with wide eyes open (or shut ) could be talking this way(no wonder). If an accident occurs in the lifting of the beams and someone dies or gets injured you wil start calling for the head of BRF. A course in safety will do you good this time, then you'l honourably withdraw this reckless" PDP/MUMU styled" statement. SMH.. Ok you are free to pass there na...

Open yours eyes. Those Alausa noisemakers' intention is not about your safety. They don't care about your safety. If they do, let them lay pipes to provide you with safe pipeborne water but they would rather leave you at the mercy of unsafe MaiRuwa, shallow Wells and sachet water. Their aim is to as usual make noise about a train service that is shrouded in corruption. We have numerous pedestrian bridges and flyovers in Lagos, is that how expressways were shut down during their construction?
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ocheejemb: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Goddex: This is just a publicity stunt by the LASG to give Nigerians impression that they are working. How on earth should installing precast beams for a pedestrian bridge amount to a closure of road with newspaper advertorials? Before now, how are the several beams for flyovers and pedestrian bridges litred all over Nigeria and expecially Lagos installed?

Dont be a hater. And if you are gonna be one dont be daft about it. The pedestrian bridges you see 'litred' all over Nigeria, could they possibly have been installed while there was a free flow of regular traffic?
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ocheejemb: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2:

Open yours eyes. Those Alausa noisemakers' intention is not about your safety. They don't care about your safety. If they do, let them lay pipes to provide you with safe pipeborne water but they would rather leave you at the mercy of unsafe MaiRuwa, shallow Wells and sachet water. Their aim is to as usual make noise about a train service that is shrouded in corruption. We have numerous pedestrian bridges and flyovers in Lagos, is that how expressways were shut down during their construction?

Its a 5 hour closure, would you rather they do not announce that they were closing the road and leave everyone to be stuck in traffic for > 5 hours? You people can be bitter and myopic.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ocheejemb: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2013
olrotimi: How on earth is this happening in lagos, on a sunday morning for that mata when thousands of xtians wld b plying that route to & frm church? Pls dnt tel me sunday is the best day to cause minimal inconvenience to commuters. For a company as sophisticated as CECC, such projects are done at night with heavy beams of light giving sufficient illumination. This is nt good enough for us, Nigerians are treated as sc*mbags by these foreigners, its soo not good

Yes, Sunday morning is the worst time, what would be better is early Monday morning when everyone is going to work, since that is so much less important than going to church

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ocheejemb: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2013
ba7man: You just feel like talking, abi?

Do you want cranes assembling large precast beams with traffic driving underneath them running the risk of one of the beams dropping and killing people below??..........Or people should all of a sudden drive into closed roads and the construction workers will have to constantly explain to commuters that they are installing pre-cast beams

That is a large construction site and many things are going on at the same time.

I have hope in Nigeria when smart people like you speak up, Sir! The level of thinking some people on here display is very disheartening.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ocheejemb: 11:15am On Oct 11, 2013
Goddex:

At Ijebu-Ode, I see a huge flyover bridge running across the ever busy Shagamu - Ore expressway but that road was never shut to traffic neither was any adverts placed on national dailies. The LASG promised to deliver the Blue Rail almost two years ago and with the barrage of criticisms it is receiving now wants to cause an effect to give impression that it is top of the situation

Is a flyover the same thing as a pedestrian bridge?

Did you pass the road every single day to ensure that there was never any disruption?

LASG is doing things the right and proper way, as is done by any sensible government, to inform the populace of possible disruptions and you are here spewing ignorant nonsense!
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by kokoA(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2:

sharrap dia and accept your mistake. I don't stay in lagos but I offer a big thumbs up BRF. Lagos has left the rest of Naija behind.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Its a 5 hour closure, would you rather they do not announce that they were closing the road and leave everyone to be stuck in traffic for > 5 hours? You people can be bitter and myopic.
please tell them.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ruffcoins(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2013
Sometimes peoples attitude baffles me, some are even complaining of excessive publicity, angry an international route like dis deserves more, people from all over the country nd d west african sub region utilise dis route,
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by kulikuli45: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2013
gulfer: Have you heard of anything called safety or safe work environment, FYI that projects such as this with humongous section erections and assembly require diversions
This ur reply sha....hmmmm *winks*
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by olate: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2013
these people are very unreasonable in their thinking o. Imagine closing a major road such as the lagos a badagry expressway when the minor old ojo road is filled with pot holes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Oloks(m): 11:45am On Oct 11, 2013
Originalsly: Nonsense. Name me another country where a contractor would be allowed to shut down an expressway to do anything....even to resurface the expressway. Now this one is shutting it down to install beams? How was it done before? Why didn't they build a detour/temporary road for traffic to get around that location? How can the authorities allow this? Would they even think aboit doing that in China? This just makes one think what are the terms of their contract. This is a slap in the face of all Nigerians. But after all...I don't blame them...I blame the ones that allow them to do that and disrespect Nigerians in Nigeria.

Road closures are done so often on UK Motorways and you get diverted to other routes. This has nothing to do with terms of contract or slap. It is just for the safety of the public and workers.

Please see link below as an example.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/news/press-releases/overnight-closures-for-m6-junctions-5-to-8-managed-motorway-scheme/

Tx
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by gulfer: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2013
kulikuli45:
This ur reply sha....hmmmm *winks*
grin grin Never thought in that line but now that you've pointed; what can I say but LMAO. Your mind dirty sha.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by NEROSKY(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
OMO IBO: Good stuff!

But how did CCECC get a job of this magnitude though??

Where was Julius Berger??
They got it because of rail way things, so no qualms
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Johnnny(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sometimes when I read through some nairalanders myopic critism of threads and topics, even simple ones as this, I weep for Nigeria cry
I ask myself, Are these the leaders of tomorrow?

What is wrong about this information publicised by the state government? Who are they doing the project for? Is it for themselves or for us all.
Na wa o, Some people cant just see beyond their hatred and bias.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ba7man(m): 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
olrotimi: How on earth is this happening in lagos, on a sunday morning for that mata when thousands of xtians wld b plying that route to & frm church? Pls dnt tel me sunday is the best day to cause minimal inconvenience to commuters. For a company as sophisticated as CECC, such projects are done at night with heavy beams of light giving sufficient illumination. This is nt good enough for us, Nigerians are treated as sc*mbags by these foreigners, its soo not good
Would you prefer a weekday with thousands of cars going to and fro, traffic jam, rush hour and the likes

When was the last time you saw night constructions in Nigeria?? They probably saved cost by doing it during the day and avoid buying diesel to power the generating sets to power the high beam lights.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Toksytoks(m): 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Originalsly: Nonsense. Name me another country where a contractor would be allowed to shut down an expressway to do anything....even to resurface the expressway. Now this one is shutting it down to install beams? How was it done before? Why didn't they build a detour/temporary road for traffic to get around that location? How can the authorities allow this? Would they even think aboit doing that in China? This just makes one think what are the terms of their contract. This is a slap in the face of all Nigerians. But after all...I don't blame them...I blame the ones that allow them to do that and disrespect Nigerians in Nigeria.
Drive down there on sunday let's one of those beams fall on u and then blame fashola for ur disability or untimely death. Partial Road closure is normal evErywhere during construction don't act like u know when u don't.Thirdmainland bridge was closed for almost a year due to rehabilitation. You honestly expect the Govt to build a detour around the area just for a 4hrs job in this era of scarce resources and unlimited wants! The way u reason is amazing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by ba7man(m): 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
oche_ejemb:

I have hope in Nigeria when smart people like you speak up, Sir! The level of thinking some people on here display is very disheartening.
Thank you sir, I just try to see all sides of the story before i arrive at a conclusion.

As long as the masses will benefit from the rail, who am i to complain??
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
How comw LASG is closing road for such an insignificant work? Is this not what Dantat & Sawoe is doing in Abuja in the nights using floodlamps?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
[quote
author=oche_ejemb]

Dont be a hater. And if you are gonna be one dont be daft about it. The
pedestrian bridges you see 'litred' all over Nigeria, could they
possibly have been installed while there was a free flow of regular
traffic?[/quote]
Pls come to Abuja and see how this kind of work is done in the nights with floodlamps without anybody noticing it. pls travel out to places like Dubai and see how roads are built quietly.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by gabito4luv(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Goddex: This is just a publicity stunt by the LASG to give Nigerians impression that they are working. How on earth should installing precast beams for a pedestrian bridge amount to a closure of road with newspaper advertorials? Before now, how are the several beams for flyovers and pedestrian bridges litred all over Nigeria and expecially Lagos installed?
Must you critisize everytin? ITK
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by hyelhira: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2013

It happens even in the most developed of countries. See US examples at http://www.azfamily.com/traffic/Traffic-Planner-weekend-freeway-closures-will-slow-drivers-222665851.html .
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by agbameta: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
ba7man: You just feel like talking, abi?

Do you want cranes assembling large precast beams with traffic driving underneath them running the risk of one of the beams dropping and killing people below??..........Or people should all of a sudden drive into closed roads and the construction workers will have to constantly explain to commuters that they are installing pre-cast beams

That is a large construction site and many things are going on at the same time.

Goddex: Step by step, brick by brick, we shall there.
Thank you GEJ.
Haters can go fucckk their mama. . . hehehehe
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by agbameta: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Thomsbuky:

In every civilised country, advance warning or notice are given to citizens, due to the nature of work to be done. You as a citizen should be very grateful for the advance notice to help you plans your day. However, are you complaining or making sadistic remark?

oche_ejemb:

Is a flyover the same thing as a pedestrian bridge?

Did you pass the road every single day to ensure that there was never any disruption?

LASG is doing things the right and proper way, as is done by any sensible government, to inform the populace of possible disruptions and you are here spewing ignorant nonsense!

Ayoolla: Hello? I can't believe a nairalander with wide eyes open (or shut ) could be talking this way(no wonder). If an accident occurs in the lifting of the beams and someone dies or gets injured you wil start calling for the head of BRF. A course in safety will do you good this time, then you'l honourably withdraw this reckless" PDP/MUMU styled" statement. SMH.. Ok you are free to pass there na...

Goddex: Step by step, brick by brick, we shall there.
Thank you GEJ.
Haters can go fucckk their mama.
. . hehehehe

I
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by gregg2: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
gabito4luv: Must you critisize everytin? ITK

Leave him alone! Common pedestrian bridge and LASG is doing gra gra as if they are doing a bridge across river Niger.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by agbameta: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2:

Leave him alone! Common pedestrian bridge and LASG is doing gra gra as if they are doing a bridge across river Niger.

gregg2: No shaking.
GEJ all the way till 2019. Haters and evil plotters will soon meet a brick wall.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by mapet: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
My fren sharrrraaaap dia,

All these village nonentities spewing rubbish here is pretty ridiculous.

What is the nexus between providing pipeborne water and communicating safety on an ongoning project? That you speak so way off, in itself is so moronic.......
gregg2:

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by caesaraba(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2:

Oga, they have announced that they are closing the road in order to carry out some construction work, you are here crying blue murder. Go pass the road na.

Our First Lady has closed down areas (not just roads) to hold jamborees and visits that seem rather irrelevant and I bet you didn`t complain.

As long as closing down this road brings about development, BRF can shut it down for the whole darn weekend! .....and you can choke on that. #Nonsense!
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by twentycent(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Thank you LASG for the heads up..this is how its supposed to be done by informing the citizenry ahead of time for any Major event and this are steps to indicate that as a country we are gradually learning and developing. Pls do not politicize this move by LASG cos its the right thing they have done rgdn the planned diversion for the safety and well being of the citizens pending the duration of the event. God bless LASG/Nigeria..world class act this is.

Just my Twentycent.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Originalsly: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
hyelhira:

It happens even in the most developed of countries. See US examples at http://www.azfamily.com/traffic/Traffic-Planner-weekend-freeway-closures-will-slow-drivers-222665851.html .
To all you guys posting links....they provide detours...tell you where to go to get around the project...and not leave you to either sit and wait it out or to discover your own way around.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Thomsbuky(m): 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2013

Here in US, Uk and other European country, road can be closed for several hours even days, incase of accident, Road works, gas pipe line leak, water leakages etc. I have been in gridlock for more than 10 hours because of road accident and the route was closed for traffic. its call health and safety concern and investigation ..Its better to be save than risk people lives. People are given bulletin board notice in advance and re-direct route, in case of construction work contractor detail and telephone number to contact for enquiry.... The Local authority allow this because contractor has legally applied to carryout work in that particular area.... However, Road resurface are done in the nights and weekend basis from 11pm to 4,30am not during the week days due to heavy road traffic. If its major work road will be closed and you will be advice to use other road diversion routes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Attack Market In Muna Garage, Maiduguri; 12 Feared Killed / 2 Suicide Bombers Killed As CJTF Foil Suicide Attack In Borno Today(pics) / Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.