Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Fellow Nairalanders Please I Need Your Votes. Vote For Quality. #etisalatprize - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fellow Nairalanders Please I Need Your Votes. Vote For Quality. #etisalatprize (486 Views)

Nairalanders Please Advice On The Right English / Fellow Nairalanders, Pls Guage My Writing. It Is A Sincere Letter Of Apology. / I Need Your Votes To Win At The Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nairalanders Please I Need Your Votes. Vote For Quality. #etisalatprize by Mathicks(m): 8:33am On Oct 11, 2013
NairaLand Please I need your votes to win the etisalat prize fiction for literarure. I've been making this thread for a long time but it has not been getting appropriate audience. I hope this one will get better audience though. Please, vote for quality. Dont let efforts go to waste. Just read the short story below and enter the link to click 'Vote for me' . Please i'll appreciate it alot. I cannot promise anything extravagant now, and I dont want to sound like a desperate politician. I will be very grateful if you all can help out. I will find a way to reward Nairalanders in the best way I can. Please lets make this happen!! The skelewu dance competition winner was a Nairalander..thats dance, this is writing. Please lets conquer all the categories together.

....Please read this very short creative and extremely interesting story. I Promise you'll enjoy it. Also, please help out and support by just clicking ''vote for me'' on the link below... after you read the story! Thanks alot guys!..

Eric Arthur /Nigeria
Title: Life is Just Funny

Tony winked at me as he got up to meet her. I just waved at her from where i sat and watched Tony walk up to her with a huge grin on his face. They exchanged small talk as they met and started walking towards me.

As they got nearer, i noticed that they were speaking in their native dialect, which i hoped they would change as soon as they sat. While still standing, Tony continued talking and then looked at me, his body language suggesting that he was telling her about me. I just smiled and nodded as if I understood what they were saying. This is one of the many funny things people do. Just then i remembered Emeka, my friend back in Lagos, telling the story of how he broke his hand a few years ago. Everybody had laughed that day and even he was laughing. I then wondered that at the time he actually broke his hand, it wasn’t funny for him, but telling the story when he had healed was a different case entirely. No wonder comedians tell people about their poverty level before they started comedy and people laugh. Imagine somebody laughing at that same person at that time when he was actually suffering. America would have had to interfere in the kind of fight that would break out.

”David, meet Chidinma,” Tony finally said in English. ”Chidinma, this is David”. They both burst out laughing and I imagined what he must have told her about me in their native language. I just laughed with them. Afterall, what could I do?

To vote for this story click here : http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/ Thanks alot!! Its a 300 words literature competition..

pls dont forget to vote..i'll appreciate it alot. Just click ''vote for me''..thats all. Thanks guys! You're Awesome!

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Again / The Dinosaur Story / All Things Will Die!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.