Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Can You Read Quran To Your Own Understanding - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can You Read Quran To Your Own Understanding (623 Views)

Understanding The Hajj Stampede / Is It Said Somewhere In The Quran To 'fight' / How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Read Quran To Your Own Understanding by geefasee: 9:47am On Oct 11, 2013
I observe that 80% of our muslem brothers and sisters can not read quran to their understanding and that is why they misbehave because they base on what someone tells them quran says. What do yu observe?
Re: Can You Read Quran To Your Own Understanding by usermane(m): 9:55am On Oct 12, 2013
Thank u very much geefasee. U have raised an important notice. Majority of muslims don't read the book of GOD for the meaning. This is not good because GOD sent down qur'an as a message for each and everyone of us. So why leave it in the hands of scholars alone?
Most often time non arab muslims are told this; "My friends, u cannot understand qur'an on your own, u need to be an arabic expert first before u begin focusing on understanding the book". And what do the scholars tell the average arab who can read and understand arabic? they say; "My fellow arabs, just read qur'an for reward sake. Leave the understanding for us, the qur'an 's arabic is more complex and diffrent from common arabic", they also say that, one must be learned in hadith to be able to read and understand 's GOD 's message. This in contradition to GOD 's assertion, in four good verses of the Qur'an.

"And We have indeed made the qur'an easy to understand and remember; then is there anyone who will take heed?" QURAN 54:17,22,32,40. This is no joke, this is GOD telling us to read HIS understandable book.

So many verses tells us the Qur'an is SELF EXPLAINED, why do people feel that they cannot understand a book explaining itself. -QURAN 20:113.

A muslim should read the qur'an just for it meaning and understanding, personally, that is what i do. By reading and comparing translations of different authors,one can get the message clearer.

And in truth, the reason why many are not practising the religion is due to relying on religious scholars,clerics(imams,sheikhs,rabbis,bishop,pope etc) which may not be a good idea. -QURAN 9: 31,34

Pls my brothers and sisters, let us ponder on these verses and apply them to ourselves; Quran 47:24 and 62:5

(1) (Reply)

Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad / No Islamic Thread This Friday / ISIS Journalists’ Killings: Video Fabricated To Justify Future War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.