Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,741 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

"Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" (2594 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / Atheistic Contradiction / What Evidence Would Change Your Present Atheistic Postulations? @ NL Atheists (2) (3) (4)

Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

As long as you believe you evolved from apes, you are and will continue to be a white man's slave..

As long as you continue to use the white man's theory or concept to counter religious beliefs or theories, you will also be ensnared by your white masters..if you dont want to be enslaved by the white man, then look for and use our very own african theories to prove christianity/islam as false...

Why would I need an African theory? Why not just a theory?

Get a brain
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by UyiIredia(m): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ logicboy: Evolution has lots to do with atheism since it gives an account of how life came about, a reasonable accpunt I might add. Hence lots of atheists, the overwhelming majority are easily and rightly guessed to accept the theory. That doesn't mean you can't be atheist without evolution, that is very possible. Ever engineering student should be familiar with the name Laplace, he was an atheist, a mathematician, and I think he was born before the theory came up. Not to mention Democritus and co.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ logicboy: Evolution has lots to do with atheism since it gives an account of how life came about, a reasonable accpunt I might add. Hence lots of atheists, the overwhelming majority are easily and rightly guessed to accept the theory. That doesn't mean you can't be atheist without evolution, that is very possible. Ever engineering student should be familiar with the name Laplace, he was an atheist, a mathematician, and I think he was born before the theory came up. Not to mention Democritus and co.

^
Simple and short....
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by tobechi74: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Theism is not a whiteman concept.our forefathers are theist.

Atheism is not a white man concept

but christianity is a theist religion introduced from whitemen

most nigerians at best are doubters.they fully become atheist after being directly or indrectly involved with foreigne atheist...
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
tobechi74: Theism is not a whiteman concept.our forefathers are theist.

Atheism is not a white man concept

but christianity is a theist religion introduced from whitemen

most nigerians at best are doubters.they fully become atheist after being directly or indrectly involved with foreigne atheist...

christianity, not theism.... is what we re talking about....
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

oh, there are some...

Ori lababo, aba forisha sile .... meaning, we should have looked into our selfs rather than worship gods....

and i seem to remember a Yoruba story that says that monkey tried to become human by eating some concoctions prescribed by a herbalist, but ate too much so it remained between human and animal

and lot more of Yoruba folklore about change in organisms and weak atheism but here is not the place for reiterating myths.... tongue

Please show us where Ancient/past african atheist strongly believed in evolution
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

Please show us where Ancient/past african atheist strongly believed in evolution

evolution is just a name given to the universal theory of change, it became organized as the theory of evolution less than 200 years ago, it existed even before modern science, so use your sense, will you?
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

and lot more of Yoruba folklore about change in organisms and weak atheism but here is not the place for reiterating myths.... tongue
Don't let Folykaze get you.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
aManFromMars:

i was conscious of that...
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by macof(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why would I need an African theory? Why not just a theory?

Get a brain
dats wat folykaze is doing. He is looking into African spirituality to figure out his points for atheism
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by macof(m): 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

the Yoruba and greeks have stories dat relate to evolution
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

evolution is just a name given to the universal theory of change, it became organized as the theory of evolution less than 200 years ago, it existed even before modern science, so use your sense, will you?

Is this what our african fore fathers told you or what your white master told you?..try and use your own sense here
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: the Yoruba and greeks have stories dat relate to evolution

Am glad you said they are stories..none of the yoruba stories stated clearly that man originated from apes..
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
aManFromMars:

he is making some senses to his level of understanding. Yoruba son will speak for yoruba philosophy. Speak for Igbo bra
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: dats wat folykaze is doing. He is looking into African spirituality to figure out his points for atheism

How i wish logicboy can understand this.

Oga logic.....let your mind evolve.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How i wish logicboy can understand this.

Oga logic.....let your mind evolve.

I am more advanced than you.

To add your african mumbo jumbo spirituality is regression not evolution.....devolution
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

To add your african mumbo jumbo spirituality is regression not evolution.....devolution

You are you and I can never be you. Lol.

Enjoy your science......pick one of ghostofsparta challenge and lets see which is superb between science and spirituality.

Still wondering why you guys are scared of challenge
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You are you and I can never be you. Lol.

Enjoy your science......pick one of ghostofsparta challenge and lets see which is superb between science and spirituality.

Still wondering why you guys are scared of challenge

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
African jazz is powerful!!!

Or maybe not....I dont wanna kill the ghostofsparta
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: the Yoruba and greeks have stories dat relate to evolution

and that is what i told him....
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
African jazz is powerful!!!

Or maybe not....I dont wanna kill the ghostofsparta

Is it all about shooting?

Ifa priest will tell you about you without knowing you.

Osanyin talks directly to person without any need of person....where is sixth generation computer pls?

Dont let me go to medicine

He got more than 6 challenges...pick one and lets check if your science overshadow spirituality.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

and that is what i told him....

why cant you relate every legend in Ifa philosophy to modern science? I still find some science there
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

why cant you relate every legend in Ifa philosophy to modern science? I still find some science there

and if you can relate it, it will be a good work..... you are better at that than me, considering you are already conversant in the Ifa philosophy....
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by macof(m): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

I used to have respect for you until I read this post. Are u African?
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: I used to have respect for you until I read this post. Are u African?

I'm African.

Just to make things clear- I take all pagan spirituality (be it indian, japanese, british wiccan etc) to be spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
nice one here @ logic boy
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

and if you can relate it, it will be a good work..... you are better at that than me, considering you are already conversant in the Ifa philosophy....

omode gbon, agba gbon lafi da ile ife.

You are already conversant with science and better than I do which I really respect.

Let me break some of those things you call myth to ya. I belief you can get clearer picture here.

Obatala is not a monster but a light particle. In yoruba legend, he ignited the creation of our world........Western science teaches that all of Creation evolved from the light produced during the primal explosion at the beginning of time. Ifa teaches that all Creation evolved from the White Cloth of Obatala’s a robe.

Obatala (light) tasked Ogun (Iron) to make a chain in the belly of olokun (melt water after ice age). Ogun (iron) had been what hold the earth fast....read about Iron on wiki. The chain Ogun made is DNA in the belly of Olokun (the reason yoruba call Olokun mother of life with longest and largest breast).....

The chain used by Obatala to travel from the Realm of the Ancestors to Earth appears to be a symbolic representation of the structure used to transmit genetic information from one generation to the next. The genetic code that is used to form each species is passed through a biochemical substance called DNA. When DNA is viewed under a microscope it appears as a double helix, which is similar to the pattern of a chain. In Ifa scripture the reference to the Realm of the Ancestors includes all those Natural Forces that led to the development of human life and is not limited to human form. In Western science that DNA which exists in mammals is believed to be an extension of a chain of transmission from single cell life forms at the bottom of the ocean to complex life forms that populate the earth..........this sound more like primordial soup huh?

Lot and lot more. We dont need to curse the dark, we need to light the candle.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

omode gbon, agba gbon lafi da ile ife.

You are already conversant with science and better than I do which I really respect.

Let me break some of those things you call myth to ya. I belief you can get clearer picture here.

Obatala is not a monster but a light particle. In yoruba legend, he ignited the creation of our world........Western science teaches that all of Creation evolved from the light produced during the primal explosion at the beginning of time. Ifa teaches that all Creation evolved from the White Cloth of Obatala’s a robe.

Obatala (light) tasked Ogun (Iron) to make a chain in the belly of olokun (melt water after ice age). Ogun (iron) had been what hold the earth fast....read about Iron on wiki. The chain Ogun made is DNA in the belly of Olokun (the reason yoruba call Olokun mother of life with longest and largest breast).....

The chain used by Obatala to travel from the Realm of the Ancestors to Earth appears to be a symbolic representation of the structure used to transmit genetic information from one generation to the next. The genetic code that is used to form each species is passed through a biochemical substance called DNA. When DNA is viewed under a microscope it appears as a double helix, which is similar to the pattern of a chain. In Ifa scripture the reference to the Realm of the Ancestors includes all those Natural Forces that led to the development of human life and is not limited to human form. In Western science that DNA which exists in mammals is believed to be an extension of a chain of transmission from single cell life forms at the bottom of the ocean to complex life forms that populate the earth..........this sound more like primordial soup huh?

Lot and lot more. We dont need to curse the dark, we need to light the candle.

yes, but one question remains ... how did this gods or Gods if you will, get their consciousness? Because consciousness is not something that can just exist, it requires billions of years natural selection....once you can answer how gods came to be, accepting the theory isnt so hard....

Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

I'm African.

Just to make things clear- I take all pagan spirituality (be it indian, japanese, british wiccan etc) to be spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Agagu was a sickle cell patient. That was why he was called kokumo. African spirituality heal sickle cell patient with herb and concortion. Your science still investigating till tomorrow. Lol.

If truely you are a man.....I CHALLENGE YOU TO PICK ghostofspata balls
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 8:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
^^^ calm down...
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by nnofaith: 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: dats wat folykaze is doing. He is looking into African spirituality to figure out his points for atheism
in other words, he wants to become an atheistic babalawo!

why do africans make a mockery of everything?!!
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

yes, but one question remains ... how did this gods or Gods if you will, get their consciousness? Because consciousness is not something that can just exist, it requires billions of years natural selection....once you can answer how gods came to be, accepting the theory isnt so hard....

Good question. You really yoruba son.

God in Yoruba spirituality is different from God in the western sense.

I think im seeing the reason Ghostofsparta said nothing like God in Yoruba spirituality as per the ugly misconception of Yoruba term really make words lost it meaning.

Now, lets break the term Orisa down.

Ori = consciousness
sa = selected
therefore Orisa is selected consciousness.

Ogun is not a monster....it literally Iron. The personifing of energies or forces is to simplify comprehensive terminologies to people.

Now, according to Ifa.....everything in the universe is alive and conscious. This include the universe itself. Remember I draw this consciousness thang on your thread? Alive is not in the sense of biological life but metaphysical activeness. Consciousness is not in the sense of self-aware but reactive and responsiveness.

Energy can not be created nor destroyed.....energy is active....nope?

Energy react....nope?

Everything is composed of energy.

Eledumare is the totality of energies and forces in the universe. It not a separate being.

We are made up of energies....we are part of God as we are God. Everything in the universe is God.

This is the simplest way I can explain this. Any picture here?
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by macof(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

the gods(awon orisha) were formed from the energy Olodumare possess.

Wat Do Atheists Believe In / Being Good Without God / The Miracles That Proved Yahshua Was Sent By God Cannot Authenticate Christians.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54