Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,738 members, 7,862,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

"Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" (2593 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / Atheistic Contradiction / What Evidence Would Change Your Present Atheistic Postulations? @ NL Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
nnofaith: in other words, he wants to become an atheistic babalawo!

why do africans make a mockery of everything?!!

do you even know the meaning of babalawo?

The man who knows the secret things.

I always wish to become babalawo.

And sorry, my ancestors were naturalistic pantheist.

Pagan also mean those that dont belief in Anthropomorphic God.

Lol
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Agagu was a sickle cell patient. That was why he was called kokumo. African spirituality heal sickle cell patient with herb and concortion. Your science still investigating till tomorrow. Lol.

If truely you are a man.....I CHALLENGE YOU TO PICK ghostofspata balls
so, kukumo is a name of a sickle sell patient? you Yorubas have names for everything grin
by the way, if Yorubas have herbs and concortions for sickle sell, it is still pure science and it has nothing to do with spirituality or whatever. unesle they cured his sickle sell with some sort unexplainable magic.
I will advice you to learn about the herbs/concortion I won't mind joining u in the research. there are many sickle sell patients that needs that herb. we can repackage it or resell the idea to a good pharmaceutical company and be rich in no time
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by nnofaith: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nice re-branding! olodumare is now "energy" . what a load of bull.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
9jadelta: so, kukumo is a name of a sickle sell patient? you Yorubas have names for everything grin
by the way, if Yorubas have herbs and concortions for sickle sell, it is still pure science and it has nothing to do with spirituality or whatever. unesle they cured his sickle sell with some sort unexplainable magic.
I will advice you to learn about the herbs/concortion I won't mind joining u in the research. there are many sickle sell patients that needs that herb. we can repackage it or resell the idea to a good pharmaceutical company and be rich in no time

we call it Abiku. After the medicine has been used, the patient are called with names to identify them. Names like kokumo, remilekun, okuta, etc

I can remember I explained this to those that want to learn and question other folks view. And im not ready for those that want to mock.

Do yourself a favor by reading through concortion for curing sickle cell http://allafrica.com/stories/200907131324.html

Spirituality is not about worshipping monsters. Spirituality is also science.

Malaria pill are in market, does that stop malaria infection? Nope. If you have sickle cell patient, seek the right path for answers
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
nnofaith: Nice re-branding! olodumare is now "energy" . what a load of bull.

lol.

White man slave.

What is the concept of God in buddhism? Monster huh? Just come clean, you and your nairaland atheist league hate the word God. You nothing but 'professional atheist' as tagged by einstein
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
folykaze stop trying so hard to explain ur self.
if ur spirituality doesn't involve believing in some sort of mystical creatures that work wonders then u are an atheist, whatever exercise u do after is ur own headache as long as it doesn't contradict what atheism really means.

u can be a herbalist and still be an atheist (not babaolowo o) same way I can be a pharmacist and still be atheist

I normally do this Buddhist/hindu meditation thing, ican't remember the name right now. when some people see me doing it, they think it has some spiritual or mystical meaning. but to me, it's just a form of relaxation exercise. I don't believe in any of Hindu mumbo jumbo

if that's kind of practices is what u mean by spirituality and nothing else.. I think its cool.

or u can create a topic and let's talk about what u really believe in.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: I used to have respect for you until I read this post. Are u African?

Am glad that you can see that he is just a white man's pawn..nothing more.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
this is more atheistic than previously thought considering...

FOLYKAZE:

Ori = consciousness
sa = selected
therefore Orisa is selected consciousness.

Now, according to Ifa.....everything in the universe is alive and conscious. This include the universe itself. Remember I draw this consciousness thang on your thread? Alive is not in the sense of biological life but metaphysical activeness. Consciousness is not in the sense of self-aware but reactive and responsiveness.

Energy can not be created nor destroyed.....energy is active....nope?

Energy react....nope?

Everything is composed of energy.

Eledumare is the totality of energies and forces in the universe. It not a separate being.

We are made up of energies....we are part of God as we are God. Everything in the universe is God.

This is the simplest way I can explain this. Any picture here?

yea, i think there is a picture and i find nothing wrong with the above.... until you get to the point where a conscious person has to create nature..... as long as you are not claiming that consciousness exist outside the body, we are cool..... wink and if you want to claim so, provide a valid reason
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

we call it Abiku. After the medicine has been used, the patient are called with names to identify them. Names like kokumo, remilekun, okuta, etc

I can remember I explained this to those that want to learn and question other folks view. And im not ready for those that want to mock.

Do yourself a favor by reading through concortion for curing sickle cell http://allafrica.com/stories/200907131324.html

Malaria pill are in market, does that stop malaria infection? Nope. If you have sickle cell patient, seek the right path for answers
the link u posted

Herbs to Cure Sickle Cell, HIV
BY ABUBAKAR YAKUBU, 13 JULY 2009
Abuja — ESOMA, a herbal research institute in Abuja at the weekend said it has drugs to cure sickle cell anaemia and to boost the immune systems of people living with HIV.

This was disclosed by one of the institute's board of trustees, Pastor Solomon Balosibina at a press briefing to mark the research centre's 10th anniversary on Saturday at Gwarinpa, Abuja.

do u know the number of people that claimed to have these herbs and later happened to be scam?

how can anyone have such herbs and decide not to commercialized it?
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
9jadelta: folykaze stop trying so hard to explain ur self.
if ur spirituality doesn't involve believing in some sort of mystical creatures that work wonders then u are an atheist, whatever exercise u do after is ur own headache as long as it doesn't contradict what atheism really means.

u can be a herbalist and still be an atheist (not babaolowo o) same way I can be a pharmacist and still be atheist

I normally do this Buddhist/hindu meditation thing, ican't remember the name right now. when some people see me doing it, they think it has some spiritual or mystical meaning. but to me, it's just a form of relaxation exercise. I don't believe in any of Hindu mumbo jumbo

if that's kind of practices is what u mean by spirituality and nothing else.. I think its cool.

or u can create a topic and let's talk about what u really believe in.

lol....you called me atheist.

I remember Yoga and Chakra of Hinduism. I love practising those for fun.

I created some threads to express myself. But nairaland atheist are for derailing and diverting topic. There tool is asking mockery and silly questions. Though those that asked direct questions were served with answers.

I dont believe in Spirituality or God. I know it.

Cheers man
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol.

White man slave.

What is the concept of God in buddhism? Monster huh? Just come clean, you and your nairaland atheist league hate the word God. You nothing but 'professional atheist' as tagged by einstein

yes, you are right, i hate the word God, it irritates me, because it suggest someone of maximum complexity, with a conscious personality can just exist, whereas nature, that goes from simple to complex, must be created..... the word God should be rid off all languages, its an impossibility, consciousness cannot just pop into existence, not to talk of such consciousness as required by a God.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
9jadelta: the link u posted

Herbs to Cure Sickle Cell, HIV
BY ABUBAKAR YAKUBU, 13 JULY 2009
Abuja — ESOMA, a herbal research institute in Abuja at the weekend said it has drugs to cure sickle cell anaemia and to boost the immune systems of people living with HIV.

This was disclosed by one of the institute's board of trustees, Pastor Solomon Balosibina at a press briefing to mark the research centre's 10th anniversary on Saturday at Gwarinpa, Abuja.

do u know the number of people that claimed to have these herbs and later happened to be scam?

how can anyone have such herbs and decide not to commercialized it?

Im not in for commercializing. Im in for servicing.

I only showed you something is in here.......my dad can make herbs but do not know any chemical names. If thats what is hindering medical development in Africa, thats why I said those intelligent in science to investigate it.

Okooloyun is making it from herb big time......im not for money but seeing use building and developing African thought
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by nnofaith: 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

like i told you in some other thread BS is BS no matter where it is from. The yoruba myths are not any better than the jewish or igbo myths. olodumare is energy! what a joke of the century.because somebody re-packaged yoruba myths with fancy words, you now expect all of us to report at the shrine for initiation. i ask you again what is the essence of sacrifice (ebo) in your ifa "spirituality" why is sacrifice (ebo rirun) one of the conerstone of ifa?

p.s no fancy words pls.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

yes, you are right, i hate the word God, it irritates me, because it suggest someone of maximum complexity, with a conscious personality can just exist, whereas nature, that goes from simple to complex, must be created..... the word God should be rid off all languages, its an impossibility, consciousness cannot just pop into existence, not to talk of such consciousness as required by a God.

But why are you behaving like this? My post was not directed to you. Man pls be yourself and stop been man of words.

Pantieist call Nature God. Go and tell them there God doesn't exist. Excuse me pls
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
nnofaith: like i told you in some other thread BS is BS no matter where it is from. The yoruba myths are not any better than the jewish or igbo myths. olodumare is energy! what a joke of the century.because somebody re-packaged yoruba myths with fancy words, you now expect all of us to report at the shrine for initiation. i ask you again what is the essence of sacrifice (ebo) in your ifa "spirituality" why is sacrifice (ebo rirun) one of the conerstone of ifa?

p.s no fancy words pls.

I explained it to my own knowledge in previous thread. Go and fish it out for yourself and read again. Next
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by ooman(m): 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

But why are you behaving like this? My post was not directed to you. Man pls be yourself and stop been man of words.

Pantieist call Nature God. Go and tell them there God doesn't exist. Excuse me pls

excuse me too, if you say "you and your nairaland atheist league hate the word God", then you are referring to me quite well
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by InesQor(m): 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Don't forget that Atheism is your God-given right. cheesy The choice is always yours grin grin grin
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2013
InesQor: Don't forget that Atheism is your God-given right. cheesy The choice is always yours grin grin grin

sharrap
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

sharrap

Oga logic. Dont make atheism end in bashing of christianity and Islam. Lets walk through the philosophy of Existence.

Your contribution on this thread needed https://www.nairaland.com/1475169/madness-doing-morally-free-mental

I dont want viewing.....let others learn from your thought
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by InesQor(m): 10:00am On Oct 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Oga logic. Dont make atheism end in bashing of christianity and Islam. Lets walk through the philosophy of Existence.

Your contribution on this thread needed https://www.nairaland.com/1475169/madness-doing-morally-free-mental

I dont want viewing.....let others learn from your thought

Lol no offence bros but you go wait tire. Nairaland Atheists can't handle philosophy. They avoid it like a plague. grin

It is far easier to bash Christianity and make fun of God than sweat it out on a rigorous philosophy topic.
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 12, 2013
InesQor:

Lol no offence bros but you go wait tire. Nairaland Atheists can't handle philosophy. They avoid it like a plague. grin

It is far easier to bash Christianity and make fun of God than sweat it out on a rigorous philosophy topic.

What? Na lie.....after reading my threads? I'm a boss in philosophy
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by InesQor(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

What? Na lie.....after reading my threads? I'm a boss in philosophy

Which threads? Do you mean, like, these ones (out of your 238 topics full of logical fallacies, skylarking and ad hominems)? grin

Who Is The Douchebag That Put Malicious Content On The Atheist Meme Thread?
How To Talk About Your Religion Sensibly (irshad Manji)
Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz)
"Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master"
Plane Crash Is An Act Of God- Stella Odua (repost From Politics Section)
How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs?
Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions)
I Feel Like A Believer In God/theist When I Support Arsenal
Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring.

See accusation against philosophy. Philosophy don suffer ooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2013
InesQor:

Which threads? Do you mean, like, these ones (out of your 238 topics full of logical fallacies, skylarking and ad hominems)? grin

Who Is The Douchebag That Put Malicious Content On The Atheist Meme Thread?
How To Talk About Your Religion Sensibly (irshad Manji)
Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz)
"Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master"
Plane Crash Is An Act Of God- Stella Odua (repost From Politics Section)
How Do We Get More People To Question Religion/beliefs?
Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions)
I Feel Like A Believer In God/theist When I Support Arsenal
Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring.

See accusation against philosophy. Philosophy don suffer ooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

238 topics....you chose about 8.

poor sample size....selective reasoning.....cherry picking

I have some threads on morality
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by InesQor(m): 10:20am On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

238 topics....you chose about 8.

poor sample size....selective reasoning.....cherry picking

I have some threads on morality

That was a random sample space over many months.

Chei what threads on morality from a philosophical angle? grin cheesy
Re: "Atheistic Belief Is Also From The White Master" by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 12, 2013
InesQor:

That was a random sample space over many months.

Chei what threads on morality from a philosophical angle? grin cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians#12978899
Logicboy03: The evolutionary basis for morality is something that has been studied and explained in evolutionary psychology. It is something that is now embedded in moral philosophy.

I made this thread to address the denial of facts by certain christians. This is the arrogance of ignorance that stems from religion. The inability to accept facts that are outside of one's religion. You can follow this thread to see what I am talking about
https://www.nairaland.com/1097131/strategies-dialoguing-atheists/2#12906664

That being said, there are christians who do accept evoloution and the evolutionary basis for morality- these are the people I respect and this thread is not for them

Now, unto the evolutionary basis for morality, I dont want it to be a long thread about moral philosophy and so I will give a short summary of the topic and I will leave links for those who seek knowledge to read.

First off, in moral philosophy there are 4 functional areas;

Descriptive ethics: What do people think is right?
Normative (prescriptive) ethics: How should people act?
Applied ethics: How do we take moral knowledge and put it into practice?
Meta-ethics: What does 'right' even mean?

The evolutionary basis for morality is quite objective in the descriptive morality or ethics. Evolutionary ethics is quite problematic in the normaitve or prescriptive morality because that would be trying to use evolution alone as a basis to determine human behaviour. The equivalent of using religion as a basis of justifying an ethical system.

The descriptive ethics in evolution focuses on "what is". It is the use of the theory of evolution to explain certain identified patterns and actions in human behaviour.

Summary of the Evolutionary basis for evolution

We humans as social animals have evolved certain basic instincts that enable us to survive and adapt to the environment and society. Some of these basic instincts function as a basic morality which we then hone with logic and societal interactions.

A practical example would be the care of a mother to her baby. This is a natural instinct many animals and humans as well have evolved with to protect their young ones from predators and a harsh environment for the future of the species. Carrying that to the modern day, we use better technology to aid us in child care, we use breat pumps and bottles to extract and store breast milk for our babies. We as rational human beings use what we good things we have learnt from years of taking care of children to come up with books on childcare.

Another example would be survival. Naturally, our survival is our basic animalistic instinct. We avoid predators and haards that would kill us. Instinctively, a dog would recoil at the sight of fire or a mouse would recoil at the sight of a predator. We also kill other to survive. We kill agressors and predators or we kill prey to eat. We frame many decisions around our survival. We dont do certain things because it will kill us on the lond eg drug overdose or addiction.

Another example would be murder. While it is a natural instincts to kill competitors or aggressors, natural selection favours groups which share and are cohisve. Natural selection favours sharers and co-operation within groups or society. In groups, animals can kill more prey and ward off predators. Natural selection suppiorts those groups who work together for the benefits of the group.

Now, the confusion arises with many religionists, where they say that natural can not explain everything about morality. Of course. We also have brains that are capable of reasoning with logic that moves us beyond our primal instincts and basic morality. That is the whole point; we have a basic morality which comes prepackaged but we have brains and reasoning that helps us move beyond out primal instincts.

There is another issue of social moral evolution, where societies' morality changes with time due to technological, politcal and environental factors but that is another topic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread For HILLSONG Lovers / A Lot Of Christians/muslims Are Just Psychopaths Covering With Religion / Christian “apostle” Does Damage Control After Release Of Deposition Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.