Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? (13104 Views)

”the 5 Basic Questions Of Life” In A Christian Perspective / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by tobechi74: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
All arw wrong but acceptable.....God understands
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Chukkasy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sunnycliff: He is a prisoner awaiting trials for a crime he never committed but he had no body to defend him. He had already spent two years behind bars and had been praying to God for deliverance. Then one fateful day unidentified gun men attacked the prison breaking it and inmates had a field day of escape. He too joined and never came back again.
This doesnt make him innocent, rememba he was accused. also, jail break is against d law.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by FOLLEY20(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
Joagbaje:

It depends . The fake money thing is wrong. Except you're paying it back to whoever gave you. But other issues . Are relative . It depends . Some people demand Money for their service . Even though the money may be illegal it's a matter of faith and choice . It requires wisdom.
For example a police man accuse you falsely and demand . Money, but you're in a hurry for a service ,function or a programme that is of urgency. Wisdom demands you settle him and go. But you can still fight for your right ,you will win eventually except that . You would have missed your appointment. So it depends on the situation. And individual faith. Jesus paid illegal money .

Matthew 17:24-27
And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? . . . When Peter were come to the house, Jesus saith unto him. . . . lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money:that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Matthew 5:25
Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Huum, it actually requires wisdom & God's grace.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by destiny4luv(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
wat has he said, rather than misinterpretation.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by chigonye: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
kcjazz: A sinful response to a hurt or sin is still a sin.
Spending fake money knowingly is a sin. Paying to influence a decision in your favour at the detriment of better folks is wrong, you can appreciate folks but only after.

Paul and Silas prayed and sang, and when the prison doors opened they didn't escape even though the guard gave up hope. It is not about us but about what God wants really, man's wisdom is nothing and of course we are limited without Him.

The word of God is really black or white, any grey areas ask Jesus for directions

Wisdom is the principal thing, thread with caution.

Did Paul and Silas eventually leave?
Wisdom is profitable to direct!
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Mekanus(m): 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
undecided me no be xtian so make i give way for them
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by novicali: 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
1. For the fake money is wrong to use it
2. It is wrong to give bribe for job or anything
3. For the job opportunity since he knows that his friend can perform creditably well giving him the job is not bad because job is all about performance not about paper qualification.
4. The prisoner can leave the prison based on the revelation he was receiving from God while he was asking God to help. This situation has happened in a country I lived, people were jailed unjustly and many among them were praying for God's intervention. Along the line the vehicle conveying them from court to the prison yard got accident on the way, people that was at the scene of the incident broke the vehicle and asked the prisoners to go and that was how they go their freedom. In the case of Paul and Silas they did not run because they knew that if they escape their mission will be incomplete.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Redhot111(m): 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Spending fake money knowingly is a sin. Paying to influence a decision in your favour at the detriment of better folks is wrong, you can appreciate folks but only after.

Paul and Silas prayed and sang, and when the prison doors opened they didn't escape even though the guard gave up hope. It is not about us but about what God wants really, man's wisdom is nothing and of course we are limited without Him.

The word of God is really black or white, any grey areas ask Jesus for directions

u jst mentioned dat Paul n silas didn't escape fm d prison after d shaking of b prison walls. But hw abt d case of Peter? Wen d angel came to rescue him ws d prison authority aware? Yet he escaped. So will u b fast to say d escape wz a sin?
Well in a situation like dat if u decide to wait it may nt b said to be a sin bt den if I escape, it still will nt said to b sin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by presh2mos: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jesus paid illegal money .

And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? . . . When Peter were come to the house, Jesus saith unto him. . . . lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money:that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
[/quote]

It's just so amazing how we quote scriptures to please ourselves, wisdom is inevetable for direction but whaever is far from being right can never be God
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Redhot111(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Chukkasy: This doesnt make him innocent, rememba he was accused. also, jail break is against d law.
and who says n circular law is always d same as God's law? Given dat situation u fit stay oo make dem kill u in vain
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haaaa! You lack scriptural understanding! Better don't mislead people if u are not very sure of what to say. Jesus never paid illegal money; it was his duty to pay tribute/tax. When we talk about agreeing with one's adversary, it means settling of disputes amicably with ur fellow human being before it becomes too late and you are denied access to heaven. Is that OK?
Joagbaje:

It depends . The fake money thing is wrong. Except you're paying it back to whoever gave you. But other issues . Are relative . It depends . Some people demand Money for their service . Even though the money may be illegal it's a matter of faith and choice . It requires wisdom.
For example a police man accuse you falsely and demand . Money, but you're in a hurry for a service ,function or a programme that is of urgency. Wisdom demands you settle him and go. But you can still fight for your right ,you will win eventually except that . You would have missed your appointment. So it depends on the situation. And individual faith. Jesus paid illegal money .

Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by saintgwizard(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2013

Nice onen but I have some question.

U mentioned paul n silas, how about peter? Did he stay back? No.

What is the definition of Grace? Getting what you did not merit, so forget about better guys, if you are favoured you will get things You do not merit.

Money is not in the paper, but the value, if I'm paid with fake money, I will gladly spend it, I never printed it.

#i'm pragmatic not a theorist#

1 Like

Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Joagbaje:

The money Jesus paid wasn't illegal. It was a tax imposed on the Jews by the Romans who at that time was colonising them. Roman Decree was legal,law and binding.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wrong is wrong.... Sin is sin.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by wonderfulson: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
You can scale through all these circumstances without compromise. For sm1 that escape frm prison dts dvne interventn, roomate stuff god smtimes bypass man protocol 2 favour his people.Dont limit God he can surprise in different ways apart from ur targeted direction.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by geosvic: 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
tobechi74: All arw wrong but acceptable.....God understands
if God understand does satan ur adversery understand?
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wow..... Quite a handful...
The first one, I'll be a little harsh on the victim. Its utter stupidity for you to go about spending counterfeit money. Just because the bike man gave me bad money does not mean I'll have to spend it to the garri seller. Is it?

The other one I'll like to address is the one about the job seeking roomie.
Permit me to say this. I don't compromise(not for the wrong reasons). That my roomate is applying for a job at my company doesn't mean he'll definitely get it(I'm not that much of a bad person, I know what you're thinking cheesy). That will just make me as bad as the politician that gulp our money simply because they can.
Just because you've been searching for a job for 8 years doesn't mean I most employ you.. Infact it puts you on my no go list....

I'm harsh, I know... But then life isn't always fair(some may even argue it isn't always fair)

My4D
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Abt d prison nd fake money. I'll just do dese tins. I wil spend d möney cos i was paid nd didnt fake it maself. I will leave d prison nah (i didnt break out, i strolled out) maybe God just vindicated me, i wil gv testimony sef.
If any ov ma actions end up as sin, i'll ask 4 4givness. The grace is sufficient
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by unmask: 2:00am On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

there is nothing like it depends in the word of God...... It is always a yes or no, black or white, good or bad, heaven or hell...... No sitting on the fence
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Richy4(m): 2:17am On Oct 12, 2013
When you are in a tight situation, just ask God for guidance
Abraham when he knew that a certain King will kill him and take his wife, he said his wife was his sister. he was still the father of many nations

Jacob did an abomination that no one can ever imagine, taking birth right/ blessings etc. but he was still loved by God.

hiding spies was not cool in any nation. but God appointed a prostitute that hid the 3 spies. before Jericho was destroyed.
what else can I say
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Ekedozie: 5:49am On Oct 12, 2013
[quote
author=Richy.]When you are in a tight situation, just ask
God for guidance
Abraham when he knew that a certain King will kill him and take his
wife, he said his wife was his sister. he was still the father of many
nations

Jacob did an abomination that no one can ever imagine, taking birth
right/ blessings etc. but he was still loved by God.

hiding spice was not cool in any nation. but God appointed a prostitute
that hid the 3 spices. before Jericho was destroyed.
what else can I say

[/quote]
Yes, she also hid the fish and the meat!
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Sepp360(m): 7:53am On Oct 12, 2013
ShalomNigeria:

Jesus did not pay illegal money. The passage refers to the temple tax that is expected from them. You can see that Peter responded positive to show they do it regularly (I dont know why you left that part out of your quote). Jesus was explaining to the disciples that He is the spiritual temple (and as the son of God) and He is not suppose to pay but He choose to pay to demonstrate His humility to obey the law. The same goes with His teaching in Matthew that we must be ready to sacrifice anything for peace to reign and not to waste precious time in court. Paul also discourage Christians from going to court in his letter to the Corinthians and if possible to follow peace with all men
I leave you with this commentary from Clarke on Matthew 5:25: "In such cases, men should make up matters with the utmost speed, as running through the whole course of a law-suit must not only be vexatious, but be attended with great expense; and in the end, though the loser may be ruined, yet the gainer has nothing". That was why Jesus ask us to be ready to go two mile when ask for one. May God give us a Christlike heart so that we can live like Him
And yhu fink yhu can live like christ? Even wen given the grace?...
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by ShalomNigeria: 8:16am On Oct 12, 2013
Sepp360: And yhu fink yhu can live like christ? Even wen given the grace?...

Yes and this has been my heart cry for years. Although I am not yet there, His grace is sufficient and I know that daily He has been transforming me to a better person. I will definitely get there one day if I do not turn back.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Richy4(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2013
Ekedozie:
Yes, she also hid the fish and the meat!

sorry man. i mean spies.I don't mean to ruin your day with topographical error. u know how you type on phone and different dictionary words keep forming. wink
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by UIA04(f): 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2013

u have said it all
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Luizkid(m): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
There was this morning i was on my way 2 school and i was very broke, i had just #50 when this lady coming towards me dropped #1000 in an attempt 2 remove her keys from her pockets. Although i was very tempted but i picked up the money n handed it 2 her. Very TEMPTING i must say
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Kologie: 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

These verse are on point! Like apostle paul would say: 'if POSSIBLE, be at peace with all men'.
Sometimes it's just a thin line between being principled and foolhardiness.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by SenatorJames(m): 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
validplanet: few more questions.

assassins came to kill someone u know and asks u to identify the person for for them who is in the midst of other pple . u have a choice to tell them a lie that the person they r looking for is not them or ...

some1 is ill and something bad has happened which may worsen his condition if he gets to know about it. then he asked u about it. will tell the truth or a lie?

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

When I go, I will not leave you comfortless, I will send you the Holy spirit who will teach you ALL WHAT TO DO
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by loadux(f): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2013
it saddens my heart when I read thru this thread and saw the comments of supposed Christians no wonder the world is the way it is.
Christian you have been called to be light of the world, the salt in a tasteless world you cannot afford to do things the way the world does you have to be transformed by Gods word for their to be any change in ur life.
all the scenerios painted by the op are temptations that I expect we christains ought to act differently, what is wrong is wrong there is no two ways about it, justifying it just makes it a sin.
i think every Christian here ought to read that book in "His steps" and see the way Christians are suppose to live in this sinful world
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2013
what about using fake marriage papers to gain citizenship in a foreign land wen there s no other option.....I know Christian s that do it and they act like there s.nothing wrong with it
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Richy.:

sorry man. i mean spies.I don't mean to ruin your day with topographical error. u know how you type on phone and different dictionary words keep forming. wink
There goes the real ruining of his day. lol @ topographical error.

@OP
There is no temptation an individual christian is exposed to that he/she cannot overcome, God is that faithful. Nevertheless, the lead us not into temptation prayer remains on point.
Re: Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? by Image123(m): 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sunnycliff: He had no money and has been praying that God should provide for him. As he went out he saw some men working in a building site. So he joined them for a full day pay. at the end of the day his wage was paid but he was paid with a counterfeit money but he went ahead making purchases with it. However, he knew the money was a fake.

The christian perspective is not exactly founded on what is wrong and what is right, but on the life and leading of God. However, there are some clearly revealed will of God from scriptures that cannot be compromised. The christian(actually every human) will come across temptation, and he/she is actually empowered to overcome that temptation. Overcoming is to not fall into the temptation. It may however include suffering.
1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Buying things with counterfeit money is criminal and a christian should not be engaged in such practice.

He is a prisoner awaiting trials for a crime he never committed but he had no body to defend him. He had already spent two years behind bars and had been praying to God for deliverance. Then one fateful day unidentified gun men attacked the prison breaking it and inmates had a field day of escape. He too joined and never came back again.
The individual needs the guidance of God at that moment for what to do. i understand the argument about Paul, Silas and Peter's escape from prison. However, their cases were supernatural and they didn't have the intent of escaping. It was the angel that led Peter out, it was not an opportunist adventure. If God says "Go", there is nothing to fear. If one presumes to go, he is on the run for life, as it were. And could be legally shot to death even. If God wants to deliver him, he will still be delivered, like Paul and Silas were.

He was seeking for a job in a multinational and it was clearly stated in the company policy that application form is Free. His uncle is the deputy human resources manager. His uncle demanded he pay 5000 to him as a sign of his commitment to job search and to facilitate his application. He bluntly refused.
Commitment? A bribe is a bribe. He should go ahead to apply for the job since application is free. He should explain his stand to his uncle and not make an issue of it, telling people up and down. If God wills, he will still have the job and he will earn the respect of his uncle if not more. If he does not get the job, fine. It's not the end of the world.

Your room mate in school was applying for a job and unknown to him you are the HRM of the firm. After the recruitment processes you discovered he lacked some few added qualifications needed for the job. However the job demands a high level of integrity and you can vouch for him and you went ahead giving him the job offer.
You are the HRM. Go ahead, give him the job and vouch for him, not just can vouch.

Officially your institution makes transcript available 3 weeks from the day of payment. You ordered for your own after three weeks it was not available. On inquiry you were told that you need to grease the palms of those in charge else in the next One month you may never get it. Meanwhile in your choice destination its deadline is three days to go. You offered them 3000 and the transcript was ready within four days.
The greasing part is what is called compromise. Bribery and corruption has no other name.
1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

E-Grace Convention 20-14 / How God Came Into Existence. / Muhammed And The Flying Horse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.