Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

In Whose Image Were Women Created? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Whose Image Were Women Created? (1903 Views)

Whose Image Are You? / Proof;women Created First Before Men / Whose Image Are You Carrying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Whose Image Were Women Created? by lipuka(m): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2008
The Bible says that God took some clay and made man in his own image. Then it was decided that man needed a companion, so God put Man, Adam to sleep, took a rib from him and made a woman, Eve

Then go forward to the time of Noah and the Ark. Here it says, heavenly beings, meaning angels, came down to earth and saw the human females and saw they were beautiful. So they slept with them and produced giants.

All this indicates one thing; that there were no women in heaven, else the angels who came to the world would have known about them.

So if there were no women in heaven, in whose image were women made?
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by tpia: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2008
interesting question.

The animals were created male and female though. And they were made before Adam.

So I wouldnt think the concept of woman was entirely new.

The angels not knowing about women is rather puzzling however.

From all accounts, woman was created in man's image.
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by henry409: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2008
pls can somebody tell me the cut off mark of unijos.pls send ur text to 08079289215
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by KunleOshob(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
The angels must have seen women before they came to earth otherwise how did they know they could sleep with them?? what i think that passage connotes is that the women on earth were more beautiful than the women were the angels came from. But this revelation also connotes one thing and that is that the angels were physical beings of the same genetic structure as human beings and not the spiritual beings the church tells us they are. Cos if angels can sleep with humans and produce children then genetically speaking, we belong to the same specie. (another overlooked bridge between science and religion) anyway this is a very deep topic that i belived is best discussed on another forum
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by Gamine(f): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
Whats wrong with people

The image been talked about is not physical!

haba!
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by ifyalways(f): 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2008
In the likeness of God and from the rib of a man.
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2008
Men + Women resemble God chiefly because they each possess :

- an intellect (the faculty with which they know/not-know)
- a will ( the faculty with which they love/hate what they know/not-know)

God is no thing.
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by ifyalways(f): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

God is no thing.
ewwwww shocked shocked shocked
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by lipuka(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2008
tpia says a woman is made in the image of a man. Do we have the same organs? I know I am unable to give birth, and a woman is unable to make a man pregnant.
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by KunleOshob(m): 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2008
Gamine:

Whats wrong with people

The image been talked about is not physical!

haba!
so what form is the image?? please back up with scripture cheesy
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by Amujale(m): 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
The Christian Bible is fake, false and counterintuitive.
Re: In Whose Image Were Women Created? by Amujale(m): 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
The African woman is God.

(1) (Reply)

Safety In Numbers - The Ad Populum Fallacy / Today Is 21.12.2012. Doomsday Or Calendar Flip? Countdown Clock / Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.