Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,602 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Yushaib Shuaib: Another Pack Of Lies Against Okonjo-iweala - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yushaib Shuaib: Another Pack Of Lies Against Okonjo-iweala (405 Views)

Lies Against Me Will Not Change My Focus To Deliver On My Mandate – Saraki / Lagosians And Their Unending Culture Of Lies / What Should I Do When Someone Tells Lies Against Me And My Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yushaib Shuaib: Another Pack Of Lies Against Okonjo-iweala by gistusnow: 3:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
YUSHAIB SHUAIB: ANOTHER PACK OF LIES AGAINST OKONJO-IWEALA

It will be recalled that two weeks ago, Saharareporters published a story which alleged that the Coordinating Minister called the Publisher of THISDAY to demand the sack of one of his editors over a story which she did not like.

As the Publisher confirmed later, the Minister made no such call and made no such demand.

Now, as part of the same campaign to tarnish the image of the Minister, reports are being circulated that she ordered the Federal Ministry of Information to effect the retirement of Mr Shuaib Yushau, former head of information at the Nigerian Emergency Management Agency.
Like the first story there is no truth in the allegation.
It is public knowledge that Mr Shuaib, a civil servant, wrote an opinion article in which he made false and libelous allegations against the Minister for which he refused to apologise.
He was subsequently taken before a disciplinary panel by his home ministry, the Federal Ministry of Information.
The Coordinating Minister did not influence the process in any way. His recent sack is on account of additional actions which Mr Shuaib should be bold enough to disclose. The Minister was not the issue.
As the Information Ministry stated in April when he was initially redeployed: “The Honourable Minister of Finance didn’t authorise the redeployment and doesn’t have to do so. Such matters are within the purview of the Public Communication and Human Resources Departments”.
Re: Yushaib Shuaib: Another Pack Of Lies Against Okonjo-iweala by DesChyko1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
In an earlier publication mentioning the allegation here this morning, I did say no one knows who's telling the truth. And here's a thread stating denial of the facts stated by the journalist. I wish God will give Nigerians the foresight to recognize these double-edged tales so we can avoid airing our opinions on them, stirring up controversies. Let them keep chasing themselves.
Re: Yushaib Shuaib: Another Pack Of Lies Against Okonjo-iweala by chimex38: 9:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Make una leave our mummy
alone o!

(1) (Reply)

Beverly Osu-i Dream Of Establishing A Church One Day / Abacha Loot Recovery - FG Moves To Recover N40.2bn Abacha Loot / Aviation Ministry Scandal; Anti Corurption Network Gets Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.