Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision (9785 Views)

Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies / What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by popsy68(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
ANY IDEA ON VIABLE INVESTMENT WINDOWS FOR INTENDING RETIREE WITH NO SUPERVISION REQUIRED, PLEASE
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
If u won't mind,
i am in Ogun state.
A potential farmer abt to start a large mechanized farming in 2014.

Though preparations are on the way..
Land and cassava stems available.

Buyers of cassava products available @ N15k per ton available.

With just 200k investment, i am guaranteeing u 500k or more after harvest.

u can contact me on slidewaxie@gmail.com for details and i will give u my direct line.

U will come and visit the land urself. You will book it with ur name. It is from the state government, so it is sure. We have already started booking for next year.
Lands should be booked by November, stems by december so work can start by feb/march.

Cassava stems, machines, tractors and chemicals all available for rental and purchase at the farm. U can come to see it urself.

Workers are there and agricultural experts called principals who presides and advices on the farm are stationed their by the state govt. apart from dt, u will be dealing with educated experts from our side who are looking for potential investors.

If u are interested. Make a contact.
This is wot u will see with ur eyes and touch with ur hands for its realness.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Redoil: 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
I don waka tire for this same thing.
All of them were saying i should buy into their mutual fund.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by ojoyentalk: 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
What is ur starT up capital?
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by nairafx: 3:29am On Oct 13, 2013
average is 500k. Working all tine
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by i1: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2013
At Op! Am not spoiling these people business but its advisable you meet financial planners or advisers! Pension money na last card ooh, if you have built a house, you are very lucky but if not den how are you going to pay rent!
Its advisable you get a safe 10-15 percent per annum through fixed deposits or treasury bills!

3 Likes

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by lonelydora: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Do what you have a great passion for, and you will never regret it. Don't go into a business because people are doing it. Consult your Financial advisers. My own 1 cent advise
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Agriculture
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Sllowppoisoon: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
cool
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by remzytimer: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
I have a very viable businenss in the oil and gas sector that two or more pple can partner and venture into due to the amount of capital needed to start such business but i tell you within 3 years you will get ur money back with interest and ur assets are still there and the business is ongoing all you need is suitable location....serious minded should contact me for more details remzytimar@yahoo.com
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Gentlebabs(m): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
an Annuity funds wirth your retirement benefits with a viable company and get paid till you die.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by osariemenk(m): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Getting a biz with little o no supervision is not an easy deal with 500k, if there pls let Us know oh, because me still dey find
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by manie(m): 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
popsy68: ANY IDEA ON VIABLE INVESTMENT WINDOWS FOR INTENDING RETIREE WITH NO SUPERVISION REQUIRED, PLEASE

It is almost impossible unless if had invested heavily in real estate and the stock market during your working days, the rental income and dividend will be more than enough to sustain you at retirement.

Another option is if you had build a business that has the right structure, system and process in place, the will generate income without you being there.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by aeu1: 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
i.:
At Op! Am not spoiling these people business but its advisable you meet financial planners or advisers! Pension money na last card ooh, if you have built a house, you are very lucky but if not den how are you going to pay rent!
Its advisable you get a safe 10-15 percent per annum through fixed deposits or treasury bills!

Op follow this advise. 20 people can give u 20 different piece of advise. Approach a bank, I personally recommend GT Bank, arrange and buy 30 days, 90 days and 180 days Treasury Bills by splitting your fund into 3. Time the maturity and renew. You will be paid your interest up-front. Best Advise for unsupervised AND SAFE business, ask question if u need clarification

5 Likes

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by HomesOfLife(m): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
The best and ONLY investment with little or no supervisions is "Real Estate". I bought a land in Abijo-Lekki for only 500k in 2005. The same land is now valued at 4-5m! Thats about 1000% appreciation in less than 10yrs. By the way, i'm paid 100k/annum by the mechanics i short lease the place to, as i have no intentions of building anytime soon. REMEMBER YOU'RE RETIRING!!! The pressure of paying rent can drown you and your business! You can build small tenanment flats where you'll be collecting rents.

Now, with only 350k, you can own a plot of land at phpac Estate, Ibeju Lekki.

Installment Payment: N150,000 initial payment, and N100,000 only per month for 2 months.

Documents to be received are as follows:
Copy of the Excision Inquiry Reference Number
Survey Plan
Deed of Assignment/Estate Covenant.
Receipt of Payment.

Type of Land – Sandy, Dry Land

phpac Estate is located at Elerangbe, within the axis of The New International Airport, The New Pan African University, The Lekki Free Trade Zone, The New Sea Port, Two Golf Courses and Several upcoming Gated Estates

BENEFITS: Fast appreciation of the property due to on-going developments such as the Lekki Free Trade Zone and the International Airport amongst others.

All lands are absolutely FREE from OMO-ONILES’ interference

Pls call Homesoflife for further assistance.

4 Likes

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by fckyourman: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Your capital is ?
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by njuwo(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
Yes o
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by drkay(m): 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
My mum seriously need dis advice too, her 5 million naira pension is yielding just 250k per year which I think is suboptimal. I can convince her if I see a better investment.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Infomizer(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
Normally, the ideal place to invest such funds with 3-7% monthly returns will be finance houses like renaissance credit, and co or even ur fixed deposit account. However, if you dare to take more risk (hence more returns), email your contact details to mails@tbilimited.com
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Infomizer(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
aeu1:

Op follow this advise. 20 people can give u 20 different piece of advise. Approach a bank, I personally recommend GT Bank, arrange and buy 30 days, 90 days and 180 days Treasury Bills by splitting your fund into 3. Time the maturity and renew. You will be paid your interest up-front. Best Advise for unsupervised AND SAFE business, ask question if u need clarification
Sure bet! I'd recommend this for you too if you are completely risk averse!
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by prof800(m): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
@OP.
Apart from investing in properties, the best invsmestment with little or no supervision will have to be for you to invest in your children...invest in their brains...in their morals..and watch your money work for you.
Good luck...grandpa!

1 Like

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by maninmood(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
HomesOfLife: The best and ONLY investment with little or no supervisions is "Real Estate". I bought a land in Abijo-Lekki for only 500k in 2005. The same land is now valued at 4-5m! Thats about 1000% appreciation in less than 10yrs. By the way, i'm paid 100k/annum by the mechanics i short lease the place to, as i have no intentions of building anytime soon. REMEMBER YOU'RE RETIRING!!! The pressure of paying rent can drown you and your business! You can build small tenanment flats where you'll be collecting rents.

Now, with only 350k, you can own a plot of land at phpac Estate, Ibeju Lekki.

Installment Payment: N150,000 initial payment, and N100,000 only per month for 2 months.

Documents to be received are as follows:
Copy of the Excision Inquiry Reference Number
Survey Plan
Deed of Assignment/Estate Covenant.
Receipt of Payment.

Type of Land – Sandy, Dry Land

phpac Estate is located at Elerangbe, within the axis of The New International Airport, The New Pan African University, The Lekki Free Trade Zone, The New Sea Port, Two Golf Courses and Several upcoming Gated Estates

BENEFITS: Fast appreciation of the property due to on-going developments such as the Lekki Free Trade Zone and the International Airport amongst others.

All lands are absolutely FREE from OMO-ONILES’ interference

Pls call Homesoflife for further assistance.

Mr estate manager, tell me the purchasing power of 500,000naira in 2005, in comparison with the 4million naira purchasing power in 2013. Tell me how much a sachet of pure water is sold in 2005 as against 2013. And by the way which area in Abijo Lekki is selling for 5million naira? Moreoer, can you provide us evidence substantiating this claim of yours?

@OP: Estate investment is good but please don't allow hungry investors to lure you into parting your money with almost unrealistic investment. You have a wife, I suppose. You and madam should make some feasibility study on current market. Focus on consumers' needs, and invest on that area. My dad is a retiree, he is currently taking stocks of dangote cement. He is planning to expand the business soon and he started this last year. I am not saying you should go into cement business, but make some business research about what your passion focuses on. Determine both strength and weakness of the business when you find one. First invest[b] 20% to 30% [/b]of your gratuity fund into it, then ensure you put in 100% of your devotion to the business as it is your money and your mindset should be it must not be mismanaged/misspent. !!!

4 Likes

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Darejyde(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by maninmood(m): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
drkay: My mum seriously need dis advice too, her 5 million naira pension is yielding just 250k per year which I think is suboptimal. I can convince her if I see a better investment.

Please tell mama to rent a shop and start selling whatever she has subliminal interest and passion in. There are loads of things to sell in Nigeria. Talking about food, clothes, and all other basic needs. When renting a shop, she should rent it in a strategic location where potential customers normally frequent.

1 Like

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
prof800: @OP.
Apart from investing in properties, the best invsmestment with little or no supervision will have to be for you to invest in your children...invest in their brains...in their morals..and watch your money work for you.
Good luck...grandpa!

That can be very dangerous in this 21st century! Parents shouldn't depend on their children's success anymore! If they did. Well....they should face whatever happens

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xclusive Gethelp Worldwide / Architectural Design Of 4 Units Of 1 Bedroom Flat...half Plot / Easy Football Trading Investment That Will Amaze You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.