Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Skye's Gse - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Skye's Gse (4385 Views)

Final Free Dragnet GSE Past Questions And Answers ( Old And New Package) / Please Help (re: Free Dragnet GSE Questions) / Flour Mills Gse Test Result, My Score Is Funny! Take A Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skye's Gse by Aussie(m): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2008
Please who knows anything about Graduate Standardisation Exam. How is it done?

I saw soomething like this on Skye Bnak's career portal.

Pls, advise.
Re: Skye's Gse by ejirok(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2008
Yeah, GSE stands for something like Graduate Standardization Examination or so. It is organized by Dragnet Nigeria, That's all I know for now
Re: Skye's Gse by tglaz(m): 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2008
hear my story, angry  angry  angry
i registered online with dragnet last year with 7500.
ever since then, i have not been called for a single screening exercise.
i heard bout GSE and i made enquiries and was told i have pay 5000 before i can be called.
can you imagine how pissed i was shocked  shocked  shocked
Re: Skye's Gse by bestill(m): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2008
How true are these guys (GSE)? do u guys know anyone that got a Job through this means?

I want to be sure cos the Guiness Nigeria Plc Graduate Recruitment also requires it
Re: Skye's Gse by avwes: 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2008
if al d banks dey request for am na im b say na true. but i'm yet to apply. wiating for verification
Re: Skye's Gse by dipoowo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2008
HI GUYS, SKYE BANK SENT ME ATXT ON GSE ANE SAID I NEED TO APPLY WITH THE SCORE.
GTB , UBA & NOW SKYE BANK ARE ALL REQUESTING 4 IT.
D STEPS ARE SIMPLE
GO TO D SITE www.gse.org.ng
Then u Register an account with them
u will e givenn a username & password.
Then u look 4 the nearest GSE exam location closet to u.
U will pay for the Exam via u ATM card (DAT'S WHERE I HAVE PROBLEM WITH DEM).

Another thing is that d nearest center to me is FUTA, Akure & d person i sent there to make inquiries said they av particular time they collect d form & do d exam
[size=8pt][/size][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Skye's Gse by dipoowo(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2008
Hi Guys , I have their sample Questions here.

See this link
http://wamwam.info/browse.php?u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nc2Uub3JnLm5nL3F1ZXN0aW9ucy5hc3B4&b=31

The graphs and picures are not showing . But just av a idea.
Sammy . 08030993933 , 07055011718
[/color]
[color=#990000]GSE - Practice Questions
The GSE contains three sections, covering verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning. Below are examples of the kind of questions you will find in the GSE. The key to successfully completing the GSE is to read the question VERY carefully.

The Verbal Test
This presents you with a passage of information followed by four questions per passage. Each question contains four statements and you have to identify the two statements that are true on the basis of the information given in the passage.

The information technology (IT) industry has a very high turnover in personnel. Each year, many companies can expect between 15 and 20 % of employees involved with IT to move to other organisations. In some cases, this figure may be as high as 50%. This high turnover rate is very costly to companies, as it takes time and resources to train new employees in the operating procedures and systems of the organisation.

The shortage of well qualified IT staff is the main reason for the high turnover. In order to attract good staff, organisations now offer high salaries to experienced IT professionals. This encourages people to move jobs frequently in search of higher salaries and new learning opportunities. In order to retain staff, organisations are now realising the value of matching the interests and motivations of potential employees with those of the wider organisation. By doing this, they are more likely to recruit individuals with a genuine interest in the organisation who are less likely to leave sooner than expected for reasons such as seeking higher salaries.

Which two of these statements must be true?
A: There is now a surplus of people with IT skills looking for work
  true
false

B: Higher salaries can encourage IT professionals to move to other organisations
  true
false

C: Some organisations now examine the motivations of prospective IT employees
  true
false

D: The IT industry has the highest turnover of personnel in any industry
  true
false

The correct answer options are B and C, as both of these are stated in the passage. The passage indicates that there is a shortage of people with good IT skills, so statement A is incorrect and as no information relevant to statement D is provided, the truth of this statement is unknown.

The Numerical Test
This presents you with a stem of information followed by four questions. The stem can present information in a variety of ways, for example, table, graph, bar chart, text. You have to use the information from the stem, plus any additional information the question gives you, to identify which one of the six answer options is correct. An example of an information stem follwed by a question is given below.

The following graph shows the profit made by three companies over three years.

Over the three years, what was the mean (average) difference in profits between Company X and Company Y

A: £100,000

B: £150,000

C: £200,000

D: £150,000

E: £300,000

F: £350,000

The correct answer is C (200,000). The difference between the profits of companies X and Y is £100,000 in year one, £300,000 in year two and £200,000 in year 3. To find the mean difference you need to sum these differences (£600,000) and then divide by the number of years (3).

Over the three years, what was the mean (average) profit of Company Y?

A: £750,000

B: £800,000

C: £850,000

D: £900,000

E: £950,000

F: £1,000,000

The correct answer is D (£900,000). The profit for Company Y is £1,000,000 in Year 1, £800,000 in Year 2 and £900,000 in Year 3. To find out the mean you need to sum these figures (£2,700,000) and then divide by the number of years (3).

In Year 2, what was the ratio of the profit of Company X to the profit of Company Z?

A: 11:8

B: 8:10

C: 10:9

D: 10:1

>E: 11:3

F: 11:10

The correct answer is F (11:10). In Year 2 Company X had profits of £1,100,000 and Company Z had profits of £1,000,000. The ratio of these two numbers is 11:10.

The Abstract Test
This consists of a series of shapes on a grid. One of the shapes from each grid is missing, as indicated by a question mark. The organisation of shapes within each grid is governed by a fixed rule, and you have to identify the rule from the shapes provided and then select which of the six answer options best fits in place of the missing item.

The correct answer to this question is E. Internal shapes are 90 degrees clockwise rotations of the external shape in the cells they share an edge with. The shading of the internal shapes comes from the first external shape anticlockwise from them.

Re: Skye's Gse by osachuka: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]I DONT BELIEVE THERE ARE VACANCIES IN SKYE BANK.I SUBMITED MY GSE SCORES TO BE ABLE TO ACESS IF THERE WERE VACANCIES TO MY AMAZEMENT WAT I SAW WAS NO VACANCIES. AS FOR THE DRAGNET I REGISTERED WITH #7500 SINCE THE INCEPTION AND THEY HV NOT CALL ME EVEN IN MY DREAMS FOR ANY INTERVIEW, TRY GUYS.U MAY B LUCKY angry

(1) (Reply)

Spectranet Limited / Ongoing Recruitment At Doyin Group Of Companies / Lost Of WAEC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.