Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution (2407 Views)

Download Mathematics And Statistics Project Topics And Materials / The State Of The English Language In Nigeria / Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution by mandarin: 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
We just had this discussion on developing a more flexible Yoruba language for use in mathematics and science and I came up with these. Your contribution is needed as I hope to take this up as a big dream. I also hope to do Igbo as well ,much later when this one succeed.

Yoruba Numerals:
1. Okan 2 meji 3 meta 4 merin 5 marun 6 mefa 7 meje 8 mejo 9 mesan 10 mewa ( taking each per quantitative value)
11. mokanla 12 mejila 13 metala 14 merinla 15 marunla 16 mefala 17 mejela 18 mejola 19 mesanla 20. ogun ( taking quantitative value in sequence more intelligoble for children)
21.okanlelogun 22 mejilelogun 23. metalelogun 24 merinlelogun 25.marunlelogun 26 mefalelogun 27. mejelelogun 28 mejolelogun 29 mesanlelogun 30 ogbon (as above)
31 okanlelogbon
That will be in that sequence so we can have:
40. ogun meji( or ogoji still) and the sequence will be 41 okanlelogoji, 49 mesanlelogoji and 90 will be adorun and 91 will be okanleladorun, amnd 99 mesanleladorun.
100 ogorun.
101 okanlelogorun(or ogorun ati okan) following the sequence of increments in hundreds 102 mejilelogorun(ogorun ati meji)
110 mewalelogorun(ogorun ati mewa)
111 mokanlalelogorun(ogorun ati mokanla)
112 mejilalelogorun(ogorun ati mejila)

113 metalalelogorun
and
150 will be like adotalelogorun(or ogorun ati adota)
151 okanleladotalelogorun(ogorun ati okanleladota) i.e. 100+51
199 will be like mesanleladorunlelo(or ogorun ati mesanleladorun)
200 igba
201 igba ati okan
202 igba ati meji
250 igba ati adota
254 igba ati merin le ladota
289 igba ati mesan le logorin

please contribute
Re: Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
WTF mehn. Stop deceiving yourselves.
Maths and science was made with english and for english, there's no way native language will work.

No hate intended.
Re: Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution by mandarin: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
Your gut.
What about japanese, German French etc. Bro pls think deepm
Re: Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution by jaryeh(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
wow!! A good but funny idea.

Guess what came to my mind first when I saw this.....

How will one translate this...Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

;Dwow!! A good but funny idea.

Guess what came to my mind first when I saw this.....

How will one translate this...Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution by mandarin: 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
I have this made of to ten of thousands now for instance
11,285 will be egberun mokanla ati igba le ni ogorin ati marun.
This is shorter than writing the same amount in English on your cheque leave. Am already thinking on colours and scientific terms and need help, lots of help. We may have to borrow a whole lots from English(afetiya) to get it done. You know if you speak English German will be easy, ,may be that closeness. For example we can have
Acid =Asidi
funny i guess but its cool
Re: Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution by Omartins365(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2020
You all should check this site out YorubaNumeral.com

You can translate any number from 0 to 25 billion to Yoruba, with explanation for every number.

Just input your desired number and get the translation immediately.

Saves you a lot effort especially if you need to do this frequently

(1) (Reply)

University Of Calabar 2015/2016 Academic Calender (second Semester) / Drop Your Jamb Regno So That We Can Check To Know If You Are Given Admission / I Prepared Harder This Yr Compared To Last Yr And Scored Higher (JAMB RESULT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.