Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! (3605 Views)

Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Things To Know Before Getting Married! / Please Share The Challenges You Faced Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 13, 2013
Sincerely, if I were you, I will have a very serious heart to heart with him. The earlier you nip the "mummy's boy" attitude in the bud, the better for you. If he is mature enough to get married, he should be mature enough to resolve his relationship issues without involving mama! Girl, this is the time to firmly show him and his family what you will or will not take in marriage.

Since you said he's not a bad person, do not break up, just postpone the wedding to sort things out. Just tell people that the wedding has been postponed and that you will get back to them later with the new date.

Trust me, the last thing you want as a married woman is your inlaws calling the shot in your own home! You will be so frustrated and unhappy. Sit him down and ask him why he feels the need to involve his mum in his relationship issues. Tell him point blank that you will not take it.

His mum can be his paddy for all I care, she just shouldn't call the shots in your relationship/marriage. Please take sometime to sort this out, if not, you will regret ever marrying him.
Re: What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

Easy gal, I can never be in ur shoe. It seems u r very comfy with the attitude so why crying awolf?
He and his family treats u d way u want them to treat u and like a wise old woman once said to me, what u can't endure, don't allow.u allow it, cos u can endure it. Full stop.
Its ur life, ur choice and I sincerely wish u d best.

YPP, you have said it all.
Re: What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! by pickabeau1: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2013
Where. Will you live post wedding
Re: What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2013
Im very close to my mum but i dictate what happens and not the other way round, being close to the mum is not the issue, the issue is the parents probably are responsible for all he has today, job, house and car, therefore he is their lackey and must agree to all they say.
Marry him if only u don't mind being trampled on by the family. BTW are they Yoruba's?
Anyway, run, run run if u want peace in ur marriage. I understand what u mean about telling people already. Just tell them that important family members are not available and so the marriage can't hold for now. People will talk for a while but soon they would forget. If u marry into a problematic home they will still talk, so why be afraid of what people will say? Move on sweetie.
Re: What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Gaggi: Im very close to my mum but i dictate what happens and not the other way round, being close to the mum is not the issue, the issue is the parents probably are responsible for all he has today, job, house and car, therefore he is their lackey and must agree to all they say.
Marry him if only u don't mind being trampled on by the family. BTW are they Yoruba's?
Anyway, run, run run if u want peace in ur marriage. I understand what u mean about telling people already. Just tell them that important family members are not available and so the marriage can't hold for now. People will talk for a while but soon they would forget. If u marry into a problematic home they will still talk, so why be afraid of what people will say? Move on sweetie.
gbam.that is the summary of my tale
Re: What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! by Cosmass(f): 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
pickabeau1: Where. Will you live post wedding

where will I live as in?
Re: What Were The Hurdles And Challenges You Faced Before Getting Married?!!!!!!!!!! by pickabeau1: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
Cosmass:

where will I live as in?

Does ur fiance. have a place of his own

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage,convictions And Solidity / Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. / 26 Wrong Motives For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.