Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. (3618 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late / 10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by red101(f): 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
Earlier on in life, in my teenage years, I had dreams and hopes of what my life would look like by the time I turn 25. Well, man proposes, God disposes.. my life doesn't look at all like what I had dreamed. I am partially disappointed and feel a lot less idealistic as if I lost that sense of "yeah I can do whatever I set my mind to do." How many of you feel this way? Have you accomplished what you set out to accomplish, are you on the right path to your dreams or have your goals totally changed? How did you handle or deal with it? Please share your stories because they can be encouraging.
What makes the situation worse is that now you have facebook, instagram etc and you can see how your friends seem to have perfect lives and the feeling of inadequacy begins to take hold because you start comparing yourself...
Anybody in the same boat as me?
Are you where you thought you would be? Do you still have future goals or you gave up on creating them and are now just going with the flow grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
Don't you ever believe what you see on social media.
One of the best things I love about myself is that I LOVE MYSELF! a lil too much, maybe sef cool
In life, you do your best and leave the rest! If things don't work out the way you want ir after YOU HAVE TRIED YOUR BEST, you got to find peace where you are and love it.

At the beginning of this year, I planned to be somewhere else by now but ome way or another, I ain't there yet, and I tell you, I couldn't be more happy with where I am at the moment.

Social media is just shyte, loads of competition and rivalry, people only put their best up there. It's never the real thing, everybody wants to come up there and feel fly...most of it na wash! Don't even get miffed by most of what you see up there.

Merry xmas!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by zeb04(f): 7:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
Yes I am extremly happy with where I am now and am hoping for greater things to come.

Op you are 25(I suppose),there is still time to accomplish your dreams. Its not how fast but how well.
As long as you still alive,there is hope for tommorrow.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
Below re some 'secrets' (life hacks) that has been useful to me.

1.Making the most (best) out of any situation we find ourselves and also acknowledging that some things are beyond our control (Ecclessiates 9:11). While we want to work hard and archieve our set goals, we also need to realize that things don't always go our way. We sit back, replan, restrategize, sometimes even change the entire plan so as to keep going.

2.Never compare yourself to your peers or others (Galatians 6:4,5) This will either make u feel proud (wen u feel u re better than they are) or lose self-esteem and confidence (when you feel they re better than you re). Either way, we limit our chances of growth and progress. While it's good we admire the good quality of others (role models), the only person you should compare urself to is YOU. Strive to be better than u were.

3. Be grateful for where u are now (Phillipians 4:6). It may not be were u want to be. But it's certaining not were u started. Even if u feel u re were u started, be grateful still, at least u didnt slip further behind.

11 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by XtraSmooth404: 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
Interesting topic. Being successful is when you set a goal for yourself (no matter how little) and actually achieve that goal. I wouldn't say my life has been rosy, far from it. My recent wish was to get a job in less than one year post-NYSC, and God's willing I achieved that. About ''dem boyz'' on facebook, bbm et al showing off, trust me, not all that glitters is gold. No competition in destiny, so avoid unnecessary comparism. My secret? Prayer, hard work & determination. Merry Christmas.

3 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Joel3(m): 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
op red101. This are one of the topics I am really attracted to. Have you ever heard of the word nature is God and God is nature? the God of nature and destinies?

Its real. When you start believing in it then you will understand that all those your plans are likely to be trashed.

I have plans this year but they didn't happened. Nature don't want them it has is own decision for me life.

Nature is what decide for you. just like a computer game which someone else holding the pads and control the game..

What I am sayin is inDirectly You have little control over you life. 90% or the main thing is controlled by nature. Just like you never choose to come to this earth and the family you came out from where all decided by nature, it wanted to use it for something. And nature will end it at it will where it want it to be.

If you are not destined to be rich. Nothing you can do and absolutely nothing any one can do or any power can help.

When you begin to understand what nature has for you. Your life will be easier to plan things accordingly with what nature wants. Rather than wasting your time with dreams that will never happens. Bleep those your prayer dreams. No prayer or miracles can change that purpose of what nature has for your life. When nature through with you then you will know what is life.

There are people who tried to go to school by all means. But nature don't approve that but program something else. Such a person will end up westing the life for chasing academic and at the end the school will not get any head.

Forget about witches and wizard. They can only oppress you because nature want it so, nature put them in your family and way. Those are the tools nature uses to fulfill it curse. To control your destiny to where it want it to be not what you want. I like you Maybe you may want to be my friend to learn more about nature.

Things are not there for nothing. But for a purpose. Your life is not yours. Otherwise you would have choose where to be. Your husband is some where already waiting nature says so.

Search for nature and ask what it want with your life and learn to program your plan accordingly. Your life will be easier as you learn to love it not because you really love what nature decide for you. But live with what nature says will help your mentality.

I believe I helped a soul with this intelligent discussion.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by jmoore(m): 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Overtaking is allowed.

Don't feel frustrated at your current situation.

2 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by jasper7(m): 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
red101:
Earlier on in life, in my teenage years, I had dreams and hopes of what my life would look like by the time I turn 25. Well, man proposes, God disposes.. my life doesn't look at all like what I had dreamed. I am partially disappointed and feel a lot less idealistic as if I lost that sense of "yeah I can do whatever I set my mind to do." How many of you feel this way? Have you accomplished what you set out to accomplish, are you on the right path to your dreams or have your goals totally changed? How did you handle or deal with it? Please share your stories because they can be encouraging.
What makes the situation worse is that now you have facebook, instagram etc and you can see how your friends seem to have perfect lives and the feeling of inadequacy begins to take hold because you start comparing yourself...
Anybody in the same boat as me?
Are you where you thought you would be? Do you still have future goals or you gave up on creating them and are now just going with the flow grin
I saw this thread in earlier today and saved it to comment later. I totally relate to what you're saying. in many ways. altho, what I dreamt I'll be doing at this time is not even close to what am doing at all. I still try to find joy in it cos am relatively successful. that's after skipping some ropes. I think the key is deriving joy in whatever you do.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Evina(f): 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
The other day, I mentioned, ". 2015 will make it exactly 10 years I obtained my first degree, what exactly have I accomplished"? And he responded, " come on! Don't be ungrateful", then he proceeded to list a few of my accomplishments which made me quickly realise how ungrateful I sounded.

Thank God for the wonderful people He blesses us with to help point us in the right direction.

Please try taking stock of the experiences you've had and you will see that you may not be where you proposed to be at this time, but certainly, you are not where you used to be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Ezibless: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
One can't really succeed without God.

For me, it's very funny when i look back. Because everything i am now was never what i planned but you know what? If God had allowed me go on with my plans,i wouldn't be as happy as i am today.

What i do is;
I make my plans and hand it over for approval. If God doesn't like it,let him do it his way and you'd love it in the end.

@Op,may be it wasn't @25 God wants you to accomplish that. Don't let it bother you dear.

JUST LET JESUS FIX IT!

8 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by guardian09(m): 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
Evina:
The other day, I mentioned, ". 2015 will make it exactly 10 years I obtained my first degree, what exactly have I accomplished"? And he responded, " come on! Don't be ungrateful", then he proceeded to list a few of my accomplishments which made me quickly realise how ungrateful I sounded.

Thank God for the wonderful people He blesses us with to help point us in the right direction.

Please try taking stock of the experiences you've had and you will see that you may not be where you proposed to be at this time, but certainly, you are not where you used to be.
One of the most mature minds on this forum...keep it up dear.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Evina(f): 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
guardian09:

One of the most mature minds on this forum...keep it up dear.

Wow, smiley
So kind of you.
Thanks.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by addictiv(m): 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by freecocoa(f): 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
I'm not where I dreamt to be at this time but I'm definitely better than I used to be and that's something to be grateful for.

I'm still working hard to become the best of what I can be.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by christybabe(f): 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
Yes dear, it Happens, it actually happened to me, Life didn't go as I planned, I thought I would be through with school before now but like they say Man propose, God dispose, it is not how far, but how well. Just be happy.
Because i believe that the God that brought you from where you use to be will take you to where you ought to be. Life is in stages.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Roland17(m): 5:36am On Dec 26, 2014
The Mid 20 to late 20's is perhaps the most critical stage of any human life, overtime through experience, I have learnt this stage requires a lot of patience, tons of patience, at this stage you would fall out of lane severally not necessarily because it's your fault but numerous factors you can't control would push you, but the courage to keep fighting is what is required..critical and pragmatic thinking/ reasoning, even when plans don't materialize make plans and keep planning, at this stage it's very normal to feel pressured by your own self, questioning if your potentials has yielded the desired achievements predicted earlier..

If at his stage you have not discovered WHO YOU REALLY ARE, I mean your real strengths and weaknesses then you are in for the long run in the future, at this stage analyze your personal expectations, ensure they are achievable irrespective of challenges..

This stage of my life is by far the toughest yet the happiest I must tell you, yes..the happiest...it comes with a lot of responsibility especially if you are the focused and goal oriented type, I have learnt a lot about life and how it relates to me personally and this gives me the courage to keep fighting and I am very proud of how much I have achieved thus far..

You would be fine if you remain focused I can promise you that..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Fkforyou(m): 11:12am On Dec 26, 2014
At this stage,Confidence and self belief is the key.....

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Evina:

And this post just gave me hope. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
zeb04:
Yes I am extremly happy with where I am now and am hoping for greater things to come.

Op you are 25(I suppose),there is still time to accomplish your dreams. Its not how fast but how well.
As long as you still alive,there is hope for tommorrow.
Hmmmm you just gavee reasons to stay strong, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Evina(f): 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
Herzumpther:
And this post just gave me hope. Thank you very much.

smiley glory to God.

It can only get better, you know. wink
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
Evina:

smiley glory to God.

It can only get better, you know. wink
Yes I know and I'm praying for a better 2015. smiley

Yesterday I didn't go out and for sometime I've been thinking.....2014 is almost over and I'm not where I've always imagined I will be but after I saw your post, I decided to go out for a cup of ice cream. Tomorrow will surly be better. smiley

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Evina(f): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
Herzumpther:
Yes I know and I'm praying for a better 2015. smiley

Yesterday I didn't go out and for sometime I've been thinking.....2014 is almost over and I'm not where I've always imagined I will be but after I saw your post, I decided to go out for a cup of ice cream. Tomorrow will surly be better. smiley

Awwwwww.
Are you for real? Wow! And you also just inspired me with this post. You have inspired me to never hold back, always share the good I have, even if I think it may be insignificant because there will always be someone who will find it beneficial.

Thank you. smiley
And keep believing, expecting and reaching out. smiley

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Evina:

Awwwwww.
Are you for real? Wow! And you also just inspired me with this post. You have inspired me to never hold back, always share the good I have, even if I think it may be insignificant because there will always be someone who will find it beneficial.

Thank you. smiley
And keep believing, expecting and reaching out. smiley
Yes I'm for real.
You continue to reach out, you did that to me and I'm happy I stumbled on this thread.
Thanks and God bless . smiley
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Evina(f): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
Herzumpther:
Yes I'm for real.
You continue to reach out, you did that to me and I'm happy I stumbled on this thread.
Thanks and God bless . smiley

smiley I most certainly will, by Gods grace.
Thank you. smiley
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by pretty050(f): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
Wow, this is timely, shows am not alone. I know it will only get better n I'll get there cool

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by geekybabe(f): 1:42am On Dec 27, 2014
Ezibless:
One can't really succeed without God.
For me, it's very funny when i look back. Because everything i am now was never what i planned but you know what? If God had allowed me go on with my plans,i wouldn't be as happy as i am today.
What i do is;
I make my plans and hand it over for approval. If God doesn't like it,let him do it his way and you'd love it in the end.
@Op,may be it wasn't @25 God wants you to accomplish that. Don't let it bother you dear.
JUST LET JESUS FIX IT!

Great thread.. I'm so inspired.

this was one hell of a year. troubles, pain, disappointments.. Set out to achieve a lot of things careerwise ..but didnt happen.
took time to deeply reflect on things and i realized i didnt just trust God enough. i relied so much on myself and people, and i failed woefully.

i mean, if you believe in something, you stick with it abi?
2015 and beyond, I'm sticking with God. I'm letting him fix everything in my life..

Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by red101(f): 2:02am On Dec 27, 2014
hmm.. many great words of advice and encouragement on this thread.

This stage is not easy especially realizing you are now a true adult with a lot of responsibility, making life changing decisions on your own (or sometimes feeling like you have little control over these life decisions like career and relationships/marriage), experiencing setbacks, and facing a future of great uncertainty...I have definitely learned to be more humble and trust God more.

Hope 2015 will be a year of fulfillment for us all.

2 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Ezibless: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2014
geekybabe:

Great thread.. I'm so inspired.

this was one hell of a year. troubles, pain, disappointments.. Set out to achieve a lot of things careerwise ..but didnt happen.
took time to deeply reflect on things and i realized i didnt just trust God enough. i relied so much on myself and people, and i failed woefully.

i mean, if you believe in something, you stick with it abi?
2015 and beyond, I'm sticking with God. I'm letting him fix everything in my life..

Thanks!

You're much welcome dear.
Just learn to trust Him.
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Joel3(m): 8:21am On Dec 27, 2014
its not a matter of trusting HIM for goodies as its said here. Its what is your destiny good or bad accept it. You cant change it.

1 Like

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Misblah(f): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2014
Joel3:
op red101. This are one of the topics I am really attracted to. Have you ever heard of the word nature is God and God is nature? the God of nature and destinies?

Its real. When you start believing in it then you will understand that all those your plans are likely to be trashed.

I have plans this year but they didn't happened. Nature don't want them it has is own decision for me life.

Nature is what decide for you. just like a computer game which someone else holding the pads and control the game..

What I am sayin is inDirectly You have little control over you life. 90% or the main thing is controlled by nature. Just like you never choose to come to this earth and the family you came out from where all decided by nature, it wanted to use it for something. And nature will end it at it will where it want it to be.

If you are not destined to be rich. Nothing you can do and absolutely nothing any one can do or any power can help.

When you begin to understand what nature has for you. Your life will be easier to plan things accordingly with what nature wants. Rather than wasting your time with dreams that will never happens. Bleep those your prayer dreams. No prayer or miracles can change that purpose of what nature has for your life. When nature through with you then you will know what is life.

There are people who tried to go to school by all means. But nature don't approve that but program something else. Such a person will end up westing the life for chasing academic and at the end the school will not get any head.

Forget about witches and wizard. They can only oppress you because nature want it so, nature put them in your family and way. Those are the tools nature uses to fulfill it curse. To control your destiny to where it want it to be not what you want. I like you Maybe you may want to be my friend to learn more about nature.

Things are not there for nothing. But for a purpose. Your life is not yours. Otherwise you would have choose where to be. Your husband is some where already waiting nature says so.

Search for nature and ask what it want with your life and learn to program your plan accordingly. Your life will be easier as you learn to love it not because you really love what nature decide for you. But live with what nature says will help your mentality.

I believe I helped a soul with this intelligent discussion.

Thanks
sweetie i completely disagree with the above. i am in control of my life, i speak what i want and back it up with actions and wether nature agrees to it or not.... get what I want. acco ding to F. Shinn "The invisible forces are ever working for man who is always ‘pulling the
strings’ himself, though he does not
know it. Owing to the vibratory power
of words, whatever man voices, he
begins to attract."
Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Ruq: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2014
Joel3:
its not a matter of trusting HIM for goodies as its said here. Its what is your destiny good or bad accept it. You cant change it.

You can change it.

red101 I get where you're coming from. That feeling keeps popping up whenever I see pictures of others doing great, then the thought of my age and my current position comes to mind, I will always wish I was younger, because I feel there are some things I know now which would have helped me reached my goal earlier had I known them. Worse thing is I also feel I should have been reflecting in the lives of others, this just gets me depressed most times.
Now I just make up my mind to be logical about everything that happens in my life and continue finding solutions to whatever happens to me. Then I stopped wishful thinking, and luck cuz I don't think they help in situations like this.

About my goals I still feel their attainable despite the place I'm at now, all I have to do is be disciplined enough to pursue it and not deviate from the goal. I just feel I could have been there earlier. Just has its been said there could be reasons we're still where we are. I guess this is what makes you a tough cookie. And about the picture you see on social networks, most of'em are fakes, and just as you and I will do, I too would definitely put up pictures of the made era not the times of the struggle.
I believe whoever has this kind of thought wants more out of life than they are getting, and you'll definitely get there, you just have to constantly ignore the current position and move on. that's what I'm doing, it could be annoying at times, but I think we just have to continue, I don't believe in anything as a bad destiny, or destined to be poor and ish, those are crap people use to enslave others from reaching their potential.

Wish you a productive and successful 2015

3 Likes

Re: Guys And Ladies In Your Mid To Late 20s. by Joel3(m): 11:00am On Dec 27, 2014
Misblah:
sweetie i completely disagree with the above. i am in control of my life, i speak what i want and back it up with actions and wether nature agrees to it or not.... get what I want. acco ding to F. Shinn "The invisible forces are ever working for man who is always ‘pulling the
strings’ himself, though he does not
know it. Owing to the vibratory power
of words, whatever man voices, he
begins to attract."
well i am not here to argue. If you oppose to my believe and the fact that's your own.

If you think I am wrong then wish yourself to be the first lady of nigeria within 20 years time and make it come to pass as you said you have control over your life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Tearing My Pants? ((PICS)) / Can A Man Stay Sexually Satisfied With His Wife? / xxxxxxx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.