Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

"I Love Macmillian Books" - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "I Love Macmillian Books" (38943 Views)

The One I Love / The One I Love / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by layi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2005
They are. I was actually asked those questions in the national common entrance i did (1990). I remembered because i failed them. I did over-sabi.
Remember they mix these kind of questions wit all those rubbish diagrams and triangles.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2005
really? i don't remember..................................
Am i really that old Duh!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by loveth(f): 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2005
I LOVE IT COS IT TEACHES A LOT. smiley smiley smiley
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by WesleyanA(f): 7:21pm On Oct 29, 2005
funny how i took mine 1999 and i don't remember either.
all i remember is some teacher telling us the answers.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by hotangel2(f): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2005
I didn't do common entrance. cool
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by WesleyanA(f): 11:00pm On Oct 29, 2005
yeah right. how'd you get into secondary school?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by hotangel2(f): 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2005
We moved from Lagos.. so my aunt told the hausa manager that i didn't do common entrance blah blah.. and she helped them fix the school phone cos she worked with NITEL. why in the name of fxck do u think i am 16 and i college. I was skiping!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by kellorah: 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2005
lol u funny..i thought we were on about macmillian books? ..lol
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by whiteshark(m): 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2005
Is hottie in college Y does she act so young
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2005
she's young! that's Y, i guess?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by loveth(f): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2005
macmillian grin
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2005
He he, wats wrong with macmillian ?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by loveth(f): 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2005
@queen2
nothing my dear.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2005
OK grin
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by DoubleRevv(m): 10:37am On Dec 28, 2005
Old roger have dead and go to his grave..that's the English we learnt in school.

Old Roger I command you get up!!!!!!amen. smiley

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by izognmovie: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2006
How do u guys feel about 9ja animation
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2006
I love Macmillan books. When I visited home some years back, you should have seen me devouring (not literally) my little cousin's macmilan book with excitement.

Fabian: Yeah I remember the Agbo story quite well. He had a brother, Mike who lived in London for five years. And then when Mike was coming back from the Uk, the flight was delayed because of the weather. His parents were all sad, and were looking forward to his visit. Then when he arrived at the airport terminal, you could see how very excited his mother was, (the picture showed it all). the house warming party. Then the story continued with Mike's relationship with Agbo, his fiancee, and the story probably culminated with Mike's wedding to his fiancee. His name is Agbo Malaika.

I am a bookwork. Who remembers another one, Edet is 8 years old, he lives in Calabar with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Bassey, and the story goes on

I also liked Eze goes to school, the Adventures of Souza, Chike and the River by Achebe, and all those other stories. This was in the 80's.

Chei, Nigeria was such a nice place to live.

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by NSNA: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2006
ralia the sugar girl. grin

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2006
I think I may have read about Ralia the sugar girl in primary school. Was it not about the story of a girl who lived with an old woman that was branded a witch or so in the village?

I want to read "Ehanna and friends". I think Macmillan is the publisher. I read other series of the novels published by them.

Then to the foreign ones. Who remembers Enid Blyton's novels, "Noddy" and Everyday book of goodnight stories"? I might buy the series of "Everyday book of goodnight stories" to relieve my childhood.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ndipe(m): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2006
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by temmyabby(f): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2007
aw can i 4get,
Ali is a boy, simbi is a girl
grin smiley
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by rasulua(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2007
Any one who forgets macmillian book cnt simple remember any book
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by naijacutee(f): 12:56am On Oct 30, 2008
Does anyone remember Tanigororo Banigororo and The Bottled Leopard?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by asamuel: 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2010
www.kalahari.com.ng

the place for any books, DVDs, cameras, laptops, toys, games, e-vouchers, electronics assessories, etc

visit www.kalahari.com, buy and win N1000 free voucher today.

www.kalahari.com.ng
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2010
[size=13pt]Yes. . . . i remember dear smiley wink[/size]
naijacutee:

Does anyone remember Tanigororo Banigororo and The Bottled Leopard?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by rukayat007: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
This store sells the Macmillian books and classic nigerian novels you all are talking about:
afriquedepot.com

1 Like

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by likehova: 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2010
I remember sugar girl, thats the one with ralia and Awaya the witch, does anybody remember the macmillan story about this dude. i think his name was edet, he was traveling to ikut epkene then he got robbed. but the robbers stole the wrong bag.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by mawee: 2:53am On Jul 24, 2011
AWWW, u guys!!!! dont make me cry. i rememba practically all the books mentioned!!!. so nostalgic!!!

'Edet lives in Calabar,he is 8 years old. every morning he goes to school but i the afternoon he stays at home, his father buys him books from the bookstore, at 4 o'clock his father comes home.his father is a trader, ' cant rememba beyond dis.lol

who remembers Mr Nwosu and his 2 daughters?i rememba mr nwosu holding a big white cock.and his wife cooking rice in the background.

seems like eons ago!!!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by mawee: 3:00am On Jul 24, 2011
who remembers this babe? LOL

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2011
umm! Really how time flies. Almost 15year ago i read those books. Macmillian primary english. Ha i remember. Man who eat beans, if you eat bean you must contivate your beans and mentain your beans. Also this. There are two little black bird sitting on the wall, one name peter one name paul, fly away peter fly away paul.sugar girl 'ralia doughter of a blind woman' without a silves spoon, Akin the drummer boy a blind poor orphan boy. Akin our nauthy little brother.tunde on d run.so many i could remember even those we read in high sch. The dark forest,trial of jimmy johnson, the vanguard. A chain tomb, echo of hard time, havest of shame. And many more. I love novel and literature but furtunately i end up a science student. A graduate of PHYSICS with ELECTRONICS,
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by Martinxmart(m): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
I remember Gandoki the father of Garba the war chief of the muslims who lived a charm life.

lol. I heard Mr. Nwoso now in London and Agbo is a Y! Boi.

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by phisegzy: 3:43pm On May 23, 2012
All them days of Baba Fryo; Ten-Ten; Form a big cycle like your mother's cooking pot; catcher; Them go they pose-them go they denge denge; Leggings; Aunty gimme cake, Alice bands; butterfly, shine shine; Water parks; Flex; Mr Biggs meat pie, Cho Cho Cho ChocoMilo; Supreme ice cream, Nasco cornflakes, Maggi-2-minutes noodles, Shey na Beans abi na Yam, abi na moin moin, abi poraro, abi water in a sachet; Pure water; Ice water; Love oh love, my love my all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cold / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.