Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Cold - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cold (39073 Views)

Cold Heart In Love / Cold But Charmin / Stone Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cold by Chipappii(m): 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hey, decided to try out a new different genre.

Copyright reserved...

I'm going to be a bit slow on this one..

So let's get started

2 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
The neighborhood was dimly lit by a half Crescent moon. The streets were empty save for some movements of domestic animals at intervals. The time was 10 pm and everywhere was quiet.
In the dark a shadow lurked, a shadow that belonged to a man, a man on a big black coat, black gloves on his hands and a black hat to cover his head which also hid away his face. He eyed his wrist watch from time to time and took a glance around like he was waiting for someone.

From the far end of the streets, a couple approached, a man and a woman, holding onto each other, oblivious of their environment. They walked slowly and playfully and were so engrossed in each other that they didn't see the man walking up to them and when he stopped right in front of them, they jumped from fright and stopped dead in their track. The night was dark but with the aid of the moon, they could see the outline of the Glock as he pulled it from his trouser and pointed it in their face, the horror was visible in the face of the woman as her husband stared at their assailant with his mouth open.

"If you want our money, you can have it, all of them but please don't shoot us" the man found his voice while his female companion stuck to his side in rigid fear.
"The money, you can have it" the man repeated in a shaky voice to his silent assailant.
That was the last thing he said. He cocked the gun and before the couple could have enough time to think about it, he had pulled the trigger. Four loud bangs, two for each of them. ..

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
St. Michael's street was a ghetto after the devil's own heart. They didn't need to commit to him to make him happy, in a few years, they had managed to turn it into a vacation joint for the Ruler of hell himself. Evils weren't just evils there, they were norms and generally accepted. Only a few of its inhabitants have managed to fight there way out of there and when they made it, they came back and carved out a haven out of the shithole for themselves and exploited the rest of the populace. They formed a government of themselves, by themselves and for themselves. Like in all corrupt society, the chain moved in a triangle there, the poor masses contributing all for the benefits of the uplifted few leaving the rest with nothing but frustration, hatred and contempt for each other.

Two members of a very significant family in the lower circle has just been murdered. The parents to the most feared and respected member of the community.
Joe knew that anybody with the balls enough to pull a trigger on his parents wouldn't hesitate in doing so too to the rest of his family. His family was more valuable to him than anything and two members of it has been capped. Whoever did it has priced his goods and was going to get a very good bargain.

Joseph Donati is the first born out of five children of Mr and Mrs Mark Donati. He was just 22 when his parents were murdered that night and that automatically transfered to him the leadership of his immediate family.
It is often said that the people who are to be feared are those who feared nothing. Joseph falls into this category of people. He has seen it all and done it all that it meant nothing to him any more.
Shot three times at the age of 15 and a miraculous survival, he now sees himself as less prone to death. He had gathered enough respect and fear for his family. They were the link between the rich and the poor.

He is the eldest of the Donati family, the second child a girl, Maria is 20, the third child a male, William is 17, the fourth Jaycee, a male is 15 and the last, August a male as well was only 5.
They were all strong and self dependent, they were equally fearless as their eldest brother.

Joseph was tall at 5"8 and well built, a little bit of macho with bushy eyelash and hairs too. His color, Ebony black fitted his soft and smooth skin and added a type of beauty to his already handsome face.

Maria on the other hand was light skinned and stood at 5"5. She was slim and had the hour glass shape, flat stomach, upright breasts and wide hips gave her the body of a female athlete but she can't even name a single Gym in the neighborhood. Her voice, when she spoke, sounded like a professional opera singer and when she sang, the whole atmosphere stood still. Maria was very pretty like her mother, only that she looked better.

William was the quiet type who people often mistook for meekness, he was no where near meek, just that he doesn't like being predictable. He was a little above 5"6 and still growing. He was slim unlike the rest of his brothers and rarely wore a smile. He was the man for keeping a secret.

Jaycee was the perfect youth and second to Joseph when it came to being fearless and daring. The only things he didn't do were the things that were impossible to him like Jump up and pull a plane from the sky, as long as he can attempt it, he would try to do it and it often came with consequences, he looked younger than his age and had this boyish handsomeness about him. The way he looked and smiled could throw any girl off guard. He was the best friend to Little August, a position he beat Maria to.
There is nothing much to say about August. He came as a surprise and wasn't intended. His parents had decided to stop child birth when he came, nevertheless, he came and was the most loved in the family. He was dark in complexion and had a fine face. He was always tagging along Jaycee whom he fondly called Jay.

4 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
Losing both parents the same day was bad enough but having them murdered was more that Joseph could take, someone had dug hands into his eyes and he wasn't going to let the person walk. He knew it wasn't robbery as most people, especially the police had insinuated, nothing was taken from them. He also knew that no one could make an attempt on any member of his family without solid backing and if that was the case, then he'd have to be more careful and fast in finding out whom the foe is. The responsibility of taking care of the family which had always laid partially on him has now fully been passed on him. Fending for them was far more easier than protecting them, theirs was a wild family and for long they had been protected by the reputation that Joseph had gained for himself, but now, things seemed to have changed for them. Their parents had been killed and it was just them alone.

Maria was totally devastated, the death of her parents was a fatal blow on her. Her Family was her world and meant everything to her. She was now the official mother of the family and had sworn to protect them even if it would cost her life. She made sure that little August was always within her reach and rarely let him out of her sight.

Williams was just being himself. Always reserved and kept to himself. Not even the death of both parents brought out the emotions in him.

Jaycee had cried when he first heard the news and had since wiped his tears. He decided crying wasn't going to bring them back so he had to move on. There were so many things to keep him busy and so many girls to help him out of his sorrow.

August was saved the details of the gory affairs. All he knew was that he no longer saw his parents, his mind was probably too young to notice that. But then he knew he had parents and all of a sudden, they weren't there anymore.

Stanley was a 25 year old resident of Georgian street, the heaven next to st Mathew. He stood at 5'8, light skinned and slender with an overall cuteness. He was the only child of his parents, Jim and Martha Curtis. He wasn't born rich, he had worked his way up to where he was by dealing secretly with the rich folks. His jobs for them often included selling out on the members of the ghetto and petty things like that.
He was the first and only boyfriend to Maria Donati. Joe was skeptical about the affair but Maria had a strong mind of her own and wanted what she wanted.
Although wanted by many people, Stanley had succeeded in keeping her only to himself which surprised a lot of people, faithfulness was a rare virtue which occurred in st Mathew like an eclipse.

Stanley had rushed down to the Donati residence when the news of the death of their parents got public. He spent most of his spare time watching over Maria like she was going to do something stupid but she was stronger the that. The Donatis were a strong family. Though his presence helped in pacifying Maria, she needed to be around someone she loved.

2 Likes

Re: Cold by kingin55(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Following, keep it up

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
kingin55:
Following, keep it up

Thanks bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
The investigations into the death of the Donati parents had commenced immediately their bodies were discovered and had ended faster than that. The police in St Mathews were corruption personified and only needed a little nudging for them to let the case drop. Nobody relied on them though, the killer may have as well payed them to carry out the assassination themselves.
Joseph soon embarked on the investigation himself, he had control over the largest gang group known in the hood. Fearless daredevils who was loyal to him above all else. Whatever classified information he wanted, he got it as easily as looking up google. No matter what it took, all he needed was to ask questions and the answers would come immediately.

Why would anybody want his parents murdered?
Who was bold enough to pull the trigger?
Who was behind the gun man?
And most importantly
How did the shooter know where his parents would be and what time they would be there?

These were the questions that littered Joseph's jotter. Questions he needed answers to. If anyone was bold enough to put a hit on his family, he would have to have extra guts and extra backing. He had drawn up a list of all the assassins he knew, from the professional ones who were professional enough to hit a family like his and walk undetected down to the naive ones who were stupid enough to carry out hits without asking questions or to be used by people.

He carried out several meetings with men from his gang who worked 24 hours to unravel the identity behind the crime. So far none of the names on their list had clicked. Everyone had his alibi.

"What are we missing here?" he had asked in one of his meetings with Lugo, a top member of his clique
"Maybe we should widen our scope, include more suspects?"
He had suggested.
"Good suggestion, i am going to get the fool who did this, even if it meant tearing down Georgian and St Mathews " he had threatened
" You think a rich folk is involved?"
"I believe so, a lot of guts and a lot of money should be involved, money that can wipe fear from the mind, but i don't think a Georgian would do sh1t in St Mathews without a middle man, they may have lived here once but things change, that link is what i need"
"True, bribery must also be involved, the police, we should check them out, don't you think?"
"Yea, talking about the police, the spot my parents were killed in, it was an open area and always patrolled by cops, but that night was different, there was none"
"So you think someone killed the patrol that night for some reasons?"
"I don't know, why don't we ask the police? After all, they are our friends " He said with a wry smile on his face

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
It was a Sunday night, the moon was high up and everywhere was a peaceful quiet.
Sargent Mike Browski had just finished dinner with his family and was relaxing over a movie with his wife and two kids. He just turned 33 years old over two months ago and had thrown a lavish party for it, a party too expensive for his salary but then, he was a cop in St Mathews where everything was possible, he had spent over 8 years in the force. His wife, Edna, a fine woman of 29 years old had been with him for 10 years and they both had 2 kids from the union. Mark the eldest was 9 and James was 5. They were together in the parlor when Joseph busted into them with two of his guys, each clutching a .45

"Who the hell are you?" a surprised Mike barked at them.
"Don't ask me that silly question Mike, everybody knows me" Joseph said, brandishing the gun at him while the rest of his family cuddled together in a shaking fit.
"Joe what do you want?"
"Just some answers"
"What are the questions?"
"Good, my pa and ma got killed some few days ago, you are well aware of that? "
" Everybody knows, what has that got to do with me?"
"Nothing much, just that on that night, you refused to do a job that you had always done previous nights before that one"
"What Job, what are you talking about?"
"It was your shift, it was under your watch, your patrol that my parents got murdered and surprisingly, you were nowhere around, Mike, what happened?"
"I don't know what you are talking about, i don't do shifts on Thursdays " he stammered
" Your partner gave a different excuse although lame like yours but his was better"
"Payne? What did he say, did he say i killed your parents, what did he tell you?"
"No, after all the trial and error excuses he gave, he just ended up saying that you two were motivated not to do your Job on that particular day"
"That's not true, it was his whole idea "
" Really? "
" Yea, he suggested we took a night out "
" I thought you were the senior partner?"
"No, he is, he got promoted and i got assigned to him" Mike blurted out, his wife turned sharply to look at him, something Joseph took note of.
"Your wife seems to disagree with you?"
"It's the truth i swear, my wife knew nothing about it"
"You and Payne, your stories contradict but i think i believe Payne more than i believe you"
"It's the truth, it was Payne's idea to take the night off"
"I would have called to tell him your own side of the story but i'm afraid he may not pick "
" how do you mean, why won't he pick?
"Lugo do you think there are chances of his survival?" Joseph asked his companion
"A .45 to the brain leaves nothing alive " Lugo said with an evil frown on his face and Mike's jaw dropped. Joseph squatted to be on the same eye level with Mark.
" You see, you are our only witness and i ain't leaving here empty handed"
"Payne knew everything, i don't know nothing" mike said slowly.
Joseph stood up with a sting and pulled the silencer from his gun.
"I just need you to hear the sound" he said and put the gun in the direction of James who clung to his mother and pulled the trigger twice, the sound was loud as the little boy dropped on the floor, his stomach shattered and smoking while his intestines poured out. His mother fell on him and let out a loud cry, Mark rushed at Joseph and started hitting him on his legs, Joseph kicked him hard and he fell on the floor while he shifted the muzzle to him, his next victim.
"We could do this all night mike, when i'm done with your kids, your wife would be next and then you, either way, you will tell me what i want, willingly or unwillingly, all i need is your motivator, who gave you the motivation" Joseph barked.
"Save our boy mike, tell them what they want" his wife cried out.
Mike just stared in shock at the body of his son on the floor. Joseph cocked his gun for the second time and that snapped mike back to reality.
"Ok ok, i will tell you what you want, just spare us" he pleaded
"Talk " Joseph said
" It's Chief, he gave the instructions, he also paid us"
"Who is chief?"
"The police chief, our boss"
"Heckelman?"
"Yes, him, he knows everything "
" And why would we believe you?"
"It's the truth, please spare us, i swear nobody would know" mike begged on his knees. Joseph motioned the guys out. They all went to the door. Mike slowly reached for his pistol under the couch.

Joseph turned and looked at them..
"Sorry, we don't leave witnesses"..
He fired 6 shots. 2 for each of them.

Early the next day, a call was put through

Line 1: sir, two cops have just been killed
Line 2: cops get killed everyday, how's that my business?
Line 1: true sir, just that these two are connected to the Donati event
Line 2: are you saying that someone is onto us
Line 1: not just someone sir, it's Joseph Donati
Line 2: oh, so what do you intend to do now?
Line 1: we just need your permission to carry out the second plan
Line 2: good, get it done
Line 1: sure sir..............

2 Likes

Re: Cold by kingin55(m): 6:12am On Jan 09, 2017
Becoming badder
Re: Cold by amdo007(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2017
I dont like the protagonist already. He that kills women and children is a coward.

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:40am On Jan 09, 2017
Two police families wiped out in one night, all corrupt police officers in St Mathews slept with both eyes open, in fact, none of them slept at all. Investigations commenced on the break of dawn, there were no witnesses and no one was willing to talk, half the population had an idea of the man responsible but no one was bold enough to come out, Joseph was on a rampage and only death could stop him.

"So what next? " Lugo asked Joseph as they sat in hidden corner at the Orient night club, from where they had an Arial view of the whole place..
" We can't go after Heckelman now, if he connects Mike and Payne to himself, which he must have done by now, he will be very careful" Joseph said as he took a sip of his foaming beer.
" So when do we go, you know we have to be fast, before things go cold"
"Yea, we will get him where he least expects us to be"
"Do you have a plan?"
"Well, I have heard tales, his calendar places him at the town square by Thursday next week"
"For the visit of Tommels?".
Joseph nodded. Stanley walked in and pulled a seat for himself. The waiter appeared with three more bottles.
"You want to hit town squares on a day like that? That's Suicide"
Joseph nodded and sipped his drink.
"This is St Mathews, anything is possible"
"Whats the plan?"
"I will detail you later"

"Joe, that hit on those cops, it was you right?" Stanley asked as he opened his drink and Joseph nodded.
"You know they would come after you, right?"
He nodded again.
"You just have to be careful, i know your parents are involved but you have to thread with caution, the police always manages to avenge their dead ones"
Joseph nodded.
"I'm just worried about the family is all, about Maria and Jaycee and August, i want them to be safe man". Josephs' eyes turned red at the mention of those names, he twitched his face and down his beer in a single gulp.
"This is none of your business, stay out of it". He finally said and left with Lugo.

The time was 10:42 pm. Holding August by the hand, Jaycee moved swiftly Through alleyways and unfenced backyards until they got to a house with
The number 13 boldly written on it.
"August, go to the that window and knock" he whispered to his brother who walked to a window in the house, stretched his hand and knocked. The window snapped open and a fair beautiful girl poked her head out.
"Hey Jay" she called out.
"Hey Nancy, everything ok?"
"Yea, everyone is gone, jump in"

They both went in through the back door and locked it behind them. Nancy rushed at Jaycee and kissed him, he dropped August's hand and held her tight by the butt. August squeezed his face and ran into the parlor.

"Where have you been, i have missed you?" Nancy muttered in between kisses
"I have been busy "
" With your girls eh?"
"Stop, are you jealous?"
"No, I'm not" she said and rolled her eyes
"You are, i can see it".
She laughed and he smiled.
"Yes, a little "
" You shouldn't be, you know you are queen of the pack".
He grabbed her and lifted her off the ground. As they stumbled their way into her room.
The man in suit and black hat walked pass the front of the house.

2 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2017
Thursday came and everywhere was crowded, it was like an angel had come down from heaven to hell and everyone wanted to catch a glimpse of him.
At exactly 10 am, sir Jean Tommels convoy drove through the neighborhood surrounded by police escorts, he arrived at the town square amidst heavy security and walking side by side with him was Chief inspector Heckelman, a heavily set man with a white mustache.
Joseph and Lugo with his men had arrived 20 minutes earlier and had placed themselves in strategic positions. Joseph was disguised in a black face cap and black sunshade that made it hard for one to know it was him. He stood at a spot above the podium where the visitor was to address the people, from there he observed movements of people, an Ak 47 lying at his feet.
"So what was the plan again?" Lugo asked as he approached Joseph.
"Nothing much, from here, i am going to train my bullets into Heckelman's leg, making sure i tear it off, then while everyone is running for his fuckin life, Ron and Brad will drag him out the back into the waiting car, with the pains in his leg, i dont think he will deny us any information"
"As simple as that?"
Joseph nodded.
"I hope it works"
"Me too or i am going to separate his legs from his body "

" What the hell is Williams doing there " Lugo asked as they spotted Williams take position behind Jean Tommels, clad in a black suit and dark sunshades.
" I don't know, maybe he got himself a new Job" Joseph said with a thick accent of indifference in his voice.
"I hope he won't interfere"
"I hope too"

Few minutes later, Jean climbed the podium and started his address. He was a good speaker, Joseph and Lugo didn't think otherwise, he engaged everyone and enjoyed a high degree of attention from his audience. People clapped in between his speech. He had been speaking for about 10 minutes when Joseph pulled up his gun. He tactically shifted back to get cover, pulling the gun to his eye level, he aimed at The chief's Chest, bit his lips and reluctantly shifted his aim to his legs slowly. He cocked the gun and before he pulled the trigger, 3 simultaneous bangs rented the air and Jean Tommels fell. Pandemonium broke lose. In between the chaos, Joseph could make out his brother, Williams clutching a smoking . 45, he was saying something.

"You son of a bitchh, you are not welcomed here, our people,our families die here, you too, you come here, you die, this is our home, stay in your homes". He shifted the gun to his left hand and pointed at the escaping crowd with his right finger as the spittle flew out of his mouth and the sweat soaked his body.
"Remember,this is for you, your children and your future generation, i did this for us, remember me and remember this, nobody will tell us how to run our homes".
At that point, the police and security guards have regrouped and had surrounded him, with rage in his eyes, Joseph made out Chief Heckelman slowly coming to intercept Williams who stood facing the police. Aiming his gun at the Chief, tears streaming down his eyes at the prospect of losing another family, he grabbed the trigger and let out his fury through the gun, he riddled the chief with as many bullets as he could, by the time he stopped, the chief could not be recognized, head blasted open and brain dripping out, he body full of holes and spurting out blood, all this did not pacify Joseph when he saw his brother on the floor, dead.
"No, noo, noooooooo!!! " he shouted as Lugo pulled him out of the hall...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold by gtin(m): 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
Cold abi? Ok am watching d story unfold in 4D grin
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
"The Bleep did he do that for?" Joe shouted as they jumped out of the car right in front of their home.
"I don't know, let's go in first" lugo said leading him in by the hand.
Sitting in the parlor, Lugo poured a glass of vodka and handed it over to Joe who gulped it down in seconds and broke the glass on the wall. For minutes they sat there staring at empty space, Joseph's eyes blazing like wild fire. They didn't spend long before Stanley came in, holding a crying Maria. She left Him and ran to her brother, they hugged each other and Maria cried more, Joseph was tough, he was hurt alright but he couldn't afford to break down, he needed to be strong for his family, for his cliques, they needed no weak leader.

"Where's Jaycee, where's August? " Joseph asked looking around. Maria jumped up and went inside the house and reappeared with her phone, frantically dialing Jaycee's cell.

Jaycee cell kept vibrating, he was in the bathroom taking his bath and Nancy was in the parlor with August, she was going through Jay's phone.

"Hello" she said as she picked the call.
"Hello, Who is this? Is Jaycee there?" Maria asked anxiously.
"Yes, let me get him for you" nancy said and dropped the call.
"Jay, one of your girls need you on the phone " she shouted. Jaycee came in already dressed. Nancy flipped the phone over to him.
" Fukk, that's my sister" he said as he picked the phone. Before he could call her back, her call came back in.

"Hello sis"
"Jay where are you?"
"I'm with nancy, what's up?"
"Come home immediately, get baby back here"
"Oh okay ".
They dropped the call and together the three of them walked out of the house. Holding August by the hand and Nancy on the shoulder, they strolled leisurely. They haven't been walking for long before a Mercedes Benz pulled up to where they were, the back door flipped open and seating at the Extreme end was a man in dark shades, a .38 in his hand, pointed towards Jaycee, he was motioning them to get into the car.

"Are you kidnapping us?" nancy asked
"Get in the car before i bust ya'll caps" the man commanded in a hoarse voice.
Jaycee moved slowly towards the car like he was going to get in and then in a fast twist, he banged the door shut with his leg and pushed both August and Nancy away, dropping on the floor with a thud, he pulled out a .34 from his trouser and fired aimlessly at the projected direction of his assailant, 3 shots, the sound of bullets hitting metals and screams from inside the car was all he needed, he jumped up from where he lay, grabbing August and Nancy, he ran as fast as they let him.
Within seconds, the mercedes came back to life and ran madly after them. They cleared from the pathway to escape being bashed by the car and in a twist of event, a low rider pulled up, Joseph and Lugo jumped down from it, Joseph clutched his Ak while Lugo held a sawed off short gun. Without further delay, they faced the Mercedes and lit it. One could easily see the anger through Joseph's eyes as he emptied his clip on the car.
Satisfied, they went closer to the car and observed it, the driver was a body of holes as no chunk of meat was in its place, he head busted in two, his hand hanging loosely from his body. Joseph nodded and approached his brother, without a word, he picked August in his arms and made for the car while the rest followed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold by Missmossy(f): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
Such an intriguing piece Chipappii, thumbs up. Ride on cheesy following with keen interest.

3 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Missmossy:
Such an intriguing piece Chipappii, thumbs up. Ride on cheesy following with keen interest.

Thanks dear
Re: Cold by harameede99(f): 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hmmm m liking dis sha

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
With August sitting between him and the steering, Joseph drove silently, Lugo by his side while Jaycee and Nancy cuddled at the back, Nancy was visibly shaken, Jaycee too was stung but he took it like a Donati.

"How did you find us? " Jaycee asked after sometime
" You said you was with Nancy "
" Ok, thanks bro "
" Yea, you killed that guy at the back right?" Joseph asked observing him from the rear view mirror.
"Yea, i shot him"
" Cool, i don't know how you did it but i can tell it wasn't easy "
" Yea, it was crazy"
"Good thing, it takes the stress off me a bit to know that you can actually look out for yourself "
" Sure" he answered and pulled Nancy closer to himself.

They got home in no time and a worried Maria welcomed them back with hot tasty noodles. The appetite wasn't there but the aroma of the food helped them finish it.

"Where's Willie?" Jaycee asked after the meal.
"Dead"
The answer was cold and precise, only Joseph could give that kind of answer. Jaycee smiled and opened his mouth in disbelief.
"What do you mean dead?"
"He got busted today after he dropped Trommel".

Joseph gave him details of the unsavory event while Maria sobbed, cuddling August like someone was going to take him away.

"Someone wants to wipe out this family? Who is that son of a bitchh?" Joseph asked
"And why would anyone think of doing that?" Lugo asked.

"Why would anybody want to kill Jaycee or August, why would Williams kill Trommel, what was his stake in it?" Joseph asked to no one in particular.

"You heard his statement " Lugo said
" That was bullshitt, there's got to be other sides to it"

"i don't think they wanted to kill me, if they did, i would be dead already, i think their motive was to kidnap me" Jaycee said as he stared into space, the tears in his eyes.
"Kidnap you? To draw me out maybe?" Joseph asked.
"So now, you think they want you dead?" Stanley asked
"It could be my parents murderers, maybe they found out we were getting closer to them" Joseph said.
"Anyone it is, this house here isn't conducive for you anymore, ya'll can come over to my house " Stanley said.
" No, i can't run from my home for no man, i will stay here and i will send them to their graves"

"What about Maria and August, maybe they should come over, don't you think? It would be safer for them over at my place "

" No, i need them where I can be able to see and protect them at all times".

Stanley left, Jaycee took Nancy home later in the evening. Lugo stayed around with whats left of the Donati family and Maria stuck to August like a precious jewel.

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Getting hold of Williams corpse was an impossible thing, the police had insisted that his body now belonged to the state because of what he did, they weren't even allowed access to see his body for the last time and Joseph wasn't going to push it, they can as well eat him, he had said. Their investigation had suffered a huge setback since he murdered the chief, he was their only lead and he was left standing with nothing, except incoherent chatters and inconsistent news, things would have been easier if they were dealing with rival gangs but no, this was something different, he knew that someone with good reasons other than battle for supremacy was Orchestrating these attacks on his family and he has to find out whom and fast for the safety of his family.
Williams wasn't mourned for long, their sadness over his death soon turned into anger, anger that he had kept them all out, anger that he never turned to his family when he may have needed them most, he was dead and nothing else could be done about it, they just had to pick up and move on with what's left of them.

Maria insisted they prayed every night, to a God none of his siblings believed in, even she had her own doubts about him but she didn't know how to shoot guns like her brothers, it was the only place she could hope for protection should her Brothers and their guns ever move far from her. She was the mother of the house and the most loved after August, everyone obliged her without questions.

On a dark Tuesday night, after their usual night prayers, everyone moved to their rooms, Maria with August, Jaycee alone and Joseph had gone out to get some air and clear his head out. At exactly 8pm, Jaycee's phone vibrated, Nancy's number displaying on the screen.

"Hello baby" he said as he picked.
"Where are you" she asked in a shaky voice
"I'm home, any problems?"
"Please come over to my house now, i need you, something happened and i'm scared "
" nany what's wrong " he asked jumping from his bed.
"please come" she said and dropped the call.
He dressed up, flipped his cell in his pocket and and headed for the door, on a second thought, he went back to his drawer, pulled it open and brought out his gun, sticking it into his belt, he snuck out into the dark night which was lit by a full moon.

The man switched off Nancy's phone and tossed it away, putting back the gag on her mouth, he motioned to 3 of his companions to go outside and wait for Jaycee, clutching heavy assault rifles, they went out and positioned themselves in 3 strategic locations away from the where the moon shone. Nancy sat wriggling on the Chair where she was restrained with strong ropes. Her eyes bloodshot from tears and her face red from where the man had hit her many times. On the floor lay the bodies of her parents, both strangled to death.

"Don't worry, you will join them soon" the man said pointing his gun at the two lifeless bodies "All i need is your honeyboy to show up and then i will give you a quick one". He said and laughed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold by kingin55(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Cold by elhafeez(m): 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
Takes a seat at the front roll. Oga chippa Tumbs Up. Oya now kwantinu

1 Like

Re: Cold by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
He pulled up on his bicycle and from a distance, he observed the house, the windows were closed and there was no light on them, inside the house was pitch dark. He knew better than going into the house. He Parked his bicycle at a corner and took cover in the shadow provided by a wall. From there, he made a wide coverage of the place with his eyes, he knew exactly where one would hide to avoid discovery because he had often hidden at those places with Nancy to have sex out of the watch of her parents. He knew the shapes of each places and looking at the wall across the road, he noticed a new unusual figure, putting everything together, he made out the stature of a man, common sense made him attach a weapon to his hand and the shape was complete. He pulled out his phone and dialed Nancy's number again and it was switched off. He dialed Joseph's number.

"Sup Jay"
"Cool bro, i'm over at Nancy's and i think something's wrong "
" What the Bleep are you doing there?"
"She called me up and said something was wrong and she was scared, said i should come over"
"So you are there now?"
"Yea, i think i made out a man with a gun, i'm a little far away"
"Stay put, don't go anywhere they will see you, i'm on my way"

The call ended and Jaycee waited uneasily for his brother.

Back inside the house, they assassin was getting impatient.
"the Bleep is keeping him" he said and Nancy made some muffled noises. The assassin trying to appear funny, moved to her and placed his ear closer to to her mouth.
"I can't hear you sweetheart, come again"
Having bitten her way through the gag, she grabbed his ear with her teeth, the man screamed out loud and managed to pull his head out while Nancy pulled a good chunk of his ear off. She spat the bloody flesh out and screamed help. Mad with pain and the blood oozing from his ear, he rushed at her and landed her a heavy slap which sent a mad sting through her flesh and drew the blood from her nose and mouth, raising his hand to hit her with the butt of his gun, she kicked him on his scrotum and he bent from the pain while she landed him another kick on the chest which sent both of them crashing on the floor, Nancy landed on the floor with a thud that broke the chair she was strapped to. They both lay on the floor too exhausted to make a move.

From outside, Jaycee had heard the man's scream and Nancy's shout for help and so also did the other 3. The one on the wall came out into the road exposing himself, Jaycee moved swiftly, cuddling against the wall, his gun up, he took a good aim and shot him down. The other two seeing their colleague down open fire at Jaycees direction, he dropped on the floor for cover as the bullets flew over him hitting the walls and dropping some debris on Jaycee. Their bullets exhausted, one of them moved to where Jaycee was while the other rushed into the house each replacing his empty mag with a full one. He got to where Jaycee lay before Jaycee could pick his gun.

"Put your hands where i can see them " he said pointing his rifle at him as he kicked his gun away. He made Jaycee stand up slowly and surrendered him.
"Don't try anything funny or i will blow you open".
Jaycee with his hand up smiled and shrugged, his eyes cast on something behind the gun wielding man. The man followed the direction of his eyes and turned, before he could blink, a blow landed on his face and he fell face down, the gun dropping from his hands, Joseph fell on him, grabbed him by the throat, clenching his teeth, they both struggled, Joseph tightening his grips and the man trying to tear his wrist off, Jaycee picked the gun and with a perfect aim,rammed the butt on the man's head like a golf player, the pain stung him and he released his grip on Joseph's wrist, slowly the blood came to his eyes and out of his mouth and nose while he gasped for breath, Joseph squeezed the life out of him.
Re: Cold by xaviercasmir(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
NICE ONE BROTHER. JUST LIKE A MOVIE.

1 Like

Re: Cold by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
If you no invite Us, We go invite Ourselves angry

Intriguing

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
KissChrix:
If you no invite Us, We go invite Ourselves angry

Intriguing

Hahahaha, this man.

Sorry bro, i decided to sneak it in one at a time before ringing a bell
Re: Cold by chrisbaby24(m): 5:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
Nice one ...following

1 Like

Re: Cold by ztarlord(m): 10:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
this is surely a masterpiece... more ink to ur pen
Re: Cold by hatchetman(m): 8:39am On Jan 12, 2017
after tochi and broke playboy ah tink say na only knacking b ur profession..omor dis 1 proove me wrong..omor u gud mehn..nyc 1.ah dey ur bak
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
chrisbaby24:
Nice one ...following
ztarlord:
this is surely a masterpiece... more ink to ur pen

Thanks people
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
hatchetman:
after tochi and broke playboy ah tink say na only knacking b ur profession..omor dis 1 proove me wrong..omor u gud mehn..nyc 1.ah dey ur bak
Lol. Thanks bro.
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nancy and The man had jumped up from the floor when they heard gunshots outside the house, the man reached for his gun white Nancy pulled a piece from the broken chair, he swore and cursed as he made for Nancy in the dark room.
"Bitch, you are dead, i will kill you for this". He pointed his gun in the direction that Nancy stood at the same time she aimed a sharp end of the stick she was holding and drove it deep into his belly, he let out a shrill cry and fell on his back, she picked another piece and raised it again to knock him out.

"Drop it now" a voice said. She turned in the direction of the voice and saw the third assailant pointing his rifle at her, she dropped the stick and faced him with a little bit of fear and a great deal of bitterness.
"Shoot her man, kill the bitch" his colleague yelled, wreathing in pain on the floor. The standing man cocked his gun, Nancy closed her eyes in anticipation of what was to come, the man released the safety catch of his gun, Nancy's heart skipped at the sound and the tears fell of her eyes, she thought of Jaycee as she waited for the bullets to come, she wasn't angry at him, she loved him and didn't mind losing her family and her self for his sake, she cried that she may not get to see him once again before she would be killed, all these thoughts went through her mind in a fleeting moment as she resigned herself to death and then the sound of a gun cackled, she opened her eyes, she felt nothing, just the hot tears in her eyes, She took one last look at the man and saw him fall on his knee with shock horror in his face and at his back stood Joseph clutching an Ak47 with Jaycee at his side.
Nancy ran to them, hugged Jaycee and broke down on him.
"Are you alright?" Jaycee asked as Joseph moved closer to the injured man who was still moaning on the floor. She clung to him without saying a word and sobbed.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want with me? " Joseph asked as he bent low to observe the man on the floor.
"Bleep you" he said as spittle mixed with blood ran down the corner of his mouth. Joseph grab the piece of wood that was still stuck in his stomach and spun it around, he yelled in pain and coughed out blood bubbles.
"Who the Bleep sent you here?" Joseph yelled at him, he coughed with a violent jerk, threw his head back and slowly his eyes shut. Joseph felt his pulse and nothing came up.
"Is he dead?" Jaycee asked and Joseph nodded.
"Let's get out of here" Joseph said leading the way, Jaycee held Nancy who was still crying and they walked sluggishly but steadily behind him, they walked a little distance to where he packed his car, he drove with Nancy in the back while Jaycee rode after them in his bicycle at a great speed.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.