Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia (22314 Views)

Photos From The Reception In Honor Of Obasanjo In Benue State / Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by ifebosco: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Abel202: [b]My People, let's call a spade a spade and not working implement.
Rochas Okorocha is a Nigerian and he is free to host his birthday reception in any state of the fedration as long as he has not violated any law.
T.A.Orji has no right nor reason to stop Rochas Okorocha from coming to the said event at Aba.
Even if Rochas actualy wants to come to Abia state to talk about APC affairs, he has the right to do so as enshrined in our constitution.
If T.A.Orji is a democrat he should allow freedom of association and movement.
Like someone rightfuly opined here, T.A.Orji is a disaster for Abia state. He is the worst thing to have happened to Aba and Abia since the civil war. Although I don't realy like APC but if APC could give us a governor that will clean up the huge mess of T.A.Orji and make Aba to claim back its rightful position in Nigeria as the Japan and China of Africa, then I will vote for APC with my hands and feets.
From the high Thief turned Billionaire investor Orji Uzor Kalu to the most clueless corrupt governonr presently T.A.Orji, Abia has had it so bad. So so bad. All Abia needs is a governor in the mould of Akpabio, Fashiola or Okorocha. We don't care whether he is from PDP, APC or whatever party.
So slowpoke T.A.Orji should stop toying with Abia's future. We allowed OUK to hand over to TAO and we are experiencing the disaster of governance that is in Abia state, so if it will take Rochas Okorocha and APC to stop TAO from handing over to another crook and thief, Abians have no problem with that. That will not stop us from still voting for Jonathan in the presidential election.[/b]
tellme one different between gej and orji??
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Bee4real: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
emindu: virtually i see some people here as ones who revel and delight on discrediting Abiastate government without any fundamental basis of argument on which their lies,fake stories and malignity could be traced on…..in respect to that i notably want to use this moment to refute all lashes of derogation leveled against the state and the governor of Abia state…..we – the good people of Abia with goodwill and progressive mindedness will continue to be in unity with other neighboring state in south east

pls in a simple sentence how thus your comments defends your state or Governor.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by ifebosco: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
papat26: dont mind him,he taught de way he deceived imo pple he can still use de format 2 deceive oda pple,rochas a shame 2 imo pple n I promise him he must fail comes 2015
will you compare rochas 2years and orji´s 6years??call a spade a spade,boko haram party is better than orji.

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
[size=14pt]I have always said Ibos and hausas are the most intolerant people in this country

2 weeks ago Aka Ikenga an Ibo cultural group held their silver Jubilee in lagos no one chased them

Now for a fellow Ibo governor to celebrate his birthday in Abia, TA Orji wont allow

isnt this the same governor that sacked non indigenes from his workforce?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Bee4real: 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
[quote author=gratiaoe]The proposed civic reception in honour of Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, billed to hold today in Aba, the commercial nerve centre of Abia State, has been stopped on the orders of the state governor, Theodore Orji.

Abia governor who alleged that the reception was a ploy to launch the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the state stopped the reception organised by rescue missionaries to mark the 51 birthday of Okorocha.

According to one of the organisers who pleaded anonymity, “all arrangements have been concluded for today’s event to mark our governor’s (Okorocha) birthday, scheduled to hold at Abia State Polytechnic, we have paid for the venue and obtained police permit but suddenly Governor Orji ordered that it should not be held on the soil of Abia”.

Saturday Sun gathered that the sudden cancellation of the birthday reception by Abia State governor might not be unconnected with the strained relationship between the duo.

It was equally learnt Governor Orji also instructed the police not to permit any gathering in the state in whatever guise as long as it has to do with the Imo State governor.

When contacted the deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Chinedu Offor, said that they were not aware why the reception was stopped, adding that it was not a political rally but a religious affair.

According to him, “our brothers and other progressive minded people in Abia State felt that since the governor had been hosted in the South West, they felt they also should felicitate with him, so I don’t see anything wrong with that”.

However efforts to reach the Chief Press Secretary to Abia State Governor, proved abortive, as his phone was not responding.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/orji-stops-okorochas-birthday-reception-abia/[/qoute.

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME, Have we all forgotten how this same Governor sent other IGBO EXTRACTION SACK THEM FROM CIVIL SERVICE AND CLOSE ALL THEIR SHOPS IN ARIARA INTL MARKET, EJECT THEM OUT OF GOVERNMENT FACILITIES IN ABIA STATE. Igbos just sweep am under the carpet, just immaging this was done by any of the SOUTH WESTERN GOVERNOR...........HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
NOW THIS AGAIN....................Idey laugh oh

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Meringe(m): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Okoro2015: People should not cry more than the bereaved. We, the good people of Imo state are strongly in support of T.A's action.
You alone.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by greggng: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
We should becareful what we say here. Some ibos were relocated by fashola and the entire ibos cried foul. Now another ibo govt is preventing a felow nigerian from hosting an event in his state. What is the differences. One lesson even if naija divide, there will be in house fight amongst ethnic groups

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by fyneguy: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
gratiaoe: Rochas has left the work he
was voted to do and engage
in spreading Tinubucracy
(APC) in Igboland. He
relocated to Anambra for
Ngige and Tinubucracy(APC)
. He has failed to fullfil his
deceiving promises he has
being making including the
building of African tallest
building in Imo state. Clowns!

Same Tinubucracy that works for Edo?

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Meringe(m): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
ifebosco: tellme one different between gej and orji??
They are the same thing but the only difference is that GEJ uses his conscience but the other person is devil incarnate.

T. A. Orji has relocated to Abuja since the PDP crises. He is buying the favor of GEJ cos he knw too well that EFCC must get at him.

The most useless man I have ever seen in my life.

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
ayobase:

And it so reekingly shows in ur post that u r so democratic.....ur brother exhibits an undemocratic attitude, and u blame the west for it. Why? Always looking for a body to blame for ur misfortunes!

Se awa la ko ba yin ni?
Apologies, I been dey vex but the slowpoke be UI product
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by ketoprofen(m): 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Meringe:
As a grassroot man, i will tell you without mincing words that his popularity has gone above what it was during Ojukwu's burial.

Do you think T. A. Orji does not know why he stopped the event?

Aba residents will troop to the event just to see Rochas and the media will air it and T. A. Orji camp will be jittery.

Calculate well.

Its not about popularity.

He is going there to win souls for APC and T. A Orji doesn't want that because he knows he is an enemy to the Aba citizens.

What am saying is that Rochas is simply on a political agenda.
All SE politicians in APC are ofekes while T.A Orji is a devil in disguise.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by candor4(f): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
conyema12:

I dnt knw how much u ve been paid to come out here and say this have u been to aba recently, there is no road in aba. PH road is terrible, ngwa road is no longer passable, urattha road is no longer exixsting. Abia ppl are suffering and you are here creating a false impression. Try and visit other neighbouring states to discover how backward abia is only because of that slowponk. U shld be ashamed of ur self.

thank you my brother,pls talk on.......dose roads r bad
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by emmymdk: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Okorocha..... This was not the man I gave my vote against Ohakim.. You have betrayed Imolites by joining APC.

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
Is this how we will be running Biafra when we finally get our sovereignty?
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by pouch(f): 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
it always makes more sense to attack an issue at it's crux.

Okorocha's "birthday celebration" must be seen for what it really was meant to be- a political rally. chikena

I don't blame t.a
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by talk2s(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Abel202: [b]My People, let's call a spade a spade and not working implement.
Rochas Okorocha is a Nigerian and he is free to host his birthday reception in any state of the fedration as long as he has not violated any law.
T.A.Orji has no right nor reason to stop Rochas Okorocha from coming to the said event at Aba.
Even if Rochas actualy wants to come to Abia state to talk about APC affairs, he has the right to do so as enshrined in our constitution.
If T.A.Orji is a democrat he should allow freedom of association and movement.
Like someone rightfuly opined here, T.A.Orji is a disaster for Abia state. He is the worst thing to have happened to Aba and Abia since the civil war. Although I don't realy like APC but if APC could give us a governor that will clean up the huge mess of T.A.Orji and make Aba to claim back its rightful position in Nigeria as the Japan and China of Africa, then I will vote for APC with my hands and feets.
From the high Thief turned Billionaire investor Orji Uzor Kalu to the most clueless corrupt governonr presently T.A.Orji, Abia has had it so bad. So so bad. All Abia needs is a governor in the mould of Akpabio, Fashiola or Okorocha. We don't care whether he is from PDP, APC or whatever party.
So slowpoke T.A.Orji should stop toying with Abia's future. We allowed OUK to hand over to TAO and we are experiencing the disaster of governance that is in Abia state, so if it will take Rochas Okorocha and APC to stop TAO from handing over to another crook and thief, Abians have no problem with that. That will not stop us from still voting for Jonathan in the presidential election.[/b]

I'm neither from Abia nor Imo, but my candid opinion is to all of U posters that allude that Orji has no right to stop okorocha from holding/attending an event in Abia state. I have just 2 questions for U:
Is T. A. Orji the Chief Security Officer of Abia State?
Does the Chief Security Officer of a state have the right to counsel an event if the report reaching him is that that event would pose some security risk (even when the security agencies, in error had earlier thought otherwise)?
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Mortalelement: 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
T.A. ORJI OR WHATEVER U CALL HIM IS A COMPLETE FAILURE AND CONSTITUTING NUISANCE IN ABIA STATE.HIS IS WICKED,HIGHLY COVETOUS,GREEDY AND HAS NO HUMAN FEELING.HE AND HIS FOOLISH SON ARE LOOTING THE WEALTH OF ABIA AND ACQUIRING EVERYTHING THEY CAN ACQUIRE.HE CAME INTO POWER A HUNGRY MAN.NO WONDER.HE IS A COMPLETE MISFIT WHEN U COMPARE HIM AND HIS PERFORMANCE WITH OTHER SOUTH EAST GOVERNORS.SHAME ON HIM
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Meringe(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
ketoprofen:

Its not about popularity.

He is going there to win souls for APC and T. A Orji doesn't want that because he knows he is an enemy to the Aba citizens.

What am saying is that Rochas is simply on a political agenda.
All SE politicians in APC are ofekes while T.A Orji is a devil in disguise.
If it is APC that will save Abia, I am fully in support of them.
Aba is a messed city with IGR morethan many states in the north but nothing to show for it.

T. A. Orji knows that Rochas visit to Aba will definitely spell doom for him and he stopped.

Opposition states perform well morethan leading party states.
Abia States is under leading party states and the govt believes nothing will happen to them cos they are allied of d presidency.

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
chidindufrank: T A Orji's action was uncalled for. There is freedom of association in the country and everyone is entitled to join a political party of his or her choice.They paid for a venue and should have been allowed to use the venue. T A is a slowpoke and a disgrace to PDP. Igbo race is very much disappointed in him. He was schooled in the west and got some of their undemocratic attitude.

Are you refering to that chimp ??
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
emindu: virtually i see some people here as ones who revel and delight on discrediting Abiastate government without any fundamental basis of argument on which their lies,fake stories and malignity could be traced on…..in respect to that i notably want to use this moment to refute all lashes of derogation leveled against the state and the governor of Abia state…..we – the good people of Abia with goodwill and progressive mindedness will continue to be in unity with other neighboring state in south east

Shattap, who and who are you speaking on behalf of ? Are you sure you know your village name in Abia state. Are you not ashamed of death traps called roads litered in umuahia and Aba ? And you call yourself good people of Abia state.

If the two governors want to quarrel that is their cup of tea. At least, the money they loot doesnt come to me. Double nonsense...
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2013
chidindufrank: There is no justification for what the governor of Abia did. Okorocha is free to host his event wherever he wants.The venue was hired with money and the proceeds goes to Abia State government. People would have sold water,drinks recharge card and other things that very day,but T A Orji's lack of wisdom soiled their market. T.A Orji's was first sworn in as the governor of Abia State in 2007 at the Abia govt lodge in Lagos immediately he left the prison. If Lagos State govt had stopped the swearing in ceremony,what do you think would have been the fate of T.A Orji then? Let's comdemn evil when we see one please

Good point. And people forget so easily when they leave prison...
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
What went wrong with Okorocha,I thought he is a philantropist with a good heart,I believe He only used it to deceive people, now we have seen his true colour.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by comrChris(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
what is this okorocha feeling like,one kind super governor or what?hosting a party in a state u hate its leader smh weldone jare orji
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by ozigirizigiri: 12:37am On Oct 13, 2013
Rochas shuld go n have seat.....is he d only one dat ve tasted power..... Abeg keke carry me comot here
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by blater500(m): 6:16am On Oct 13, 2013
thank you Gov Orji.
PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIAL WEBSITE WWW.easyprojectmaterial.com
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Chino72: 8:09am On Oct 13, 2013
This is the story of the same gov who is running all over the place for the Islamic party that will soon dump him. The annoying part is that Rochass has borrowed so much that it is disheartening because the entire Imo state remains shabby with all the monies and no reasonable project to show for all the billions. I can't thank Orji enough for dealing with the clownish gov.

[b]"The Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission [RMFAC] earlier this month raised alarm on the debt burden of some states in the Federation. The National Assembly has also raised the same alarm.
The Imo State Government has severally said that she has no loans taken since the inception if this administration. But during the budget presentation, for the 2013 budget, it became clear that Imo State government is heavily indebted.
The budget reveals that twenty two (22) billion naira loan was obtained by this administration in 2011, and sixty one (61) billion naira obtained in 2012. The government further seeks the approval of eighty one (81) billion naira loan for the coming 2013. These figures do not include the forty five (45) Billion naira loan obtained from Zenith Bank using the Local Government Area Allocations, as collateral.
If the State House of Assembly approves the budget, with the requested 81 billion naira loan for 2013, Imo would have taken a total of 211 Billion Naira loan in 2years of Rescue Mission administration."
[/b]

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/12/16/mortgaging-the-future-of-imo-children-dr-kelechi-okpalake/#sthash.6XRK9ZBn.dpuf
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Eledan: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2013
Johnsinia: We the Ndigbo wil neva allow APC to rule our land. Its nt hatracy, its just dat we dislike completely everytin APC stand for. And we wil dislike any 'son of the soil' dat identify itslf with APC.

People like you should NEVER be allowed in a congregation of sane minds....

You should be more bothered with ASUU and not APC...
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Eledan: 8:23am On Oct 13, 2013
chidindufrank: T A Orji's action was uncalled for. There is freedom of association in the country and everyone is entitled to join a political party of his or her choice.They paid for a venue and should have been allowed to use the venue. T A is a slowpoke and a disgrace to PDP. Igbo race is very much disappointed in him. He was schooled in the west and got some of their undemocratic attitude.

While I agree with your post here...please leave the West out of this discussion....
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Ikegift4real(m): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2013
Aba is so bad dat my lil cuzin 4rm lag calls it swamp. Ph road,uratta,obohia,ngwa road,omuma,ariaria etc r all so bad dat u'll weep at d site of them. Orji work ur state. Rochas i saw all dis coming.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Shadbay(m): 10:11am On Oct 13, 2013

how much dem pay you?
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by queenmeenat(f): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
In as much as their is politics in dis izu T.A wl always be wary of every move by Rochas, bt stoppn such event is excessive, D highest he might av done is to stop d state owned media frm covering d event, Blockng it is political naivety. Mimiko is a rebel among d SouthWest govs bt they stl tolerate him because politics must always hav a limit among brothrs.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by franktony: 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
T.A orji is very much afriad of Rochas.Rochas is like an eagle.once an eagle lands every other animal bows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kingsley Otuaro Preaches At Warri Prison As Inmates Repent / Rivers Senators Sworn In By Saraki, As Senate Adjourns Till january / Why You Should Vote For Kingsley Moghalu As The Next Nigeria President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.