Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? (21457 Views)

The Proper Way Of Wearing The Hijab. / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class / A Non-muslimah's Experience Under The Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ayenny02(m): 7:07am On Oct 12, 2013
WHAT STOPS YOU FROM WEARING THE HIJAB?

10 years ago, you’d find almost every Muslim woman with the Hijab, but now, most women make excuses for not wearing the Hijab. Fast forward another 10 years and who knows if we’d find as many Hijabis as we find now, may Allah save us!

So here are a few excuses people make for not wearing the Hijab, and the solutions for it in case you find yourself in a position where you have to convince a non-Hijabi on the stern obligation of the Hijab.

1. HIJAB ISN’T NECESSARY 

Lately, I’ve come across quite a lot of pages online saying the Hijab isn’t obligatory in Islam. I don’t know how they can even manage to say something like that when the Hijab is ordered explicitly in the Quran in Surah Al-Ahzab and Surah Noor.

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; That they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what is apparent of it and that they should draw their veils over their bosoms.” (Surah Noor 24:31)
‘O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks ("Jalabib"wink veils all over their bodies that is most convenient that they should be known (as such) and not molested: and Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful." (Surah Al-Ahzaab: 59) 

If a woman calls herself a Muslim, it means that she’s convinced that Islam is the truth. If she is convinced that Islam is the truth, how can she not be convinced of the orders and laws in Islam? Now, seeing as the Hijab is an order in Islam ordained by Allah and revealed in the Quran, how can she not follow an order of Allah? A true Muslim woman will be in her Hijab wherever she is and she’ll never make excuses for not wearing it.

2. MY PARENTS DON’T ALLOW ME TO WEAR THE HIJAB 

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said “There is no obedience to the creation in the disobedience of Allah”. [Ahmed]

How can you obey your parents while disobeying Allah, who created your parents in the first place? You have to obey your parents-yes- but you can disobey them when they make you disobey Allah. Allah has said in the Quran : “But if they strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not.” [Sura Luqmaan 31:15]

3. I WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO FIND A JOB WITH MY HIJAB/ MY JOB DOESN’T ALLOW ME TO WORK WITH THE HIJAB

If you go out, you have to be in your Hijab. There are no “but”s, there are no “if”s. If you think that wearing the Hijab is going to stop you from finding work, remember this is nothing but the whispers of Shaytan. There are some companies that do not allow the Hijab, but even if there are 10 such companies there surely should be at least 1 company that allow you to wear the Hijab, right?

If your workplace doesn’t permit the Hijab, find another job. Remember that you sacrificed your job for Allah so He will look into helping you. Allah says in the Quran “And whoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) and He will provide him from sources he never could imagine” [Sura At-Talaaq 65:2-3].
Subhanallah, isn’t this not a big enough guarantee for you? What do you think is bigger: this excuse for not wearing the Hijab or Allah’s promise in the Quran? Think for yourself.

4. I’M TOO YOUNG FOR THE HIJAB!

When Angel of death comes, he doesn’t send a postcard. You never know if you’ll be alive tomorrow, so how can you say you’ll wear the Hijab when you’re older? Sisters, don’t wait for your funeral shroud to be the first time you wear the Hijab. Wear the Hijab now- you know it an obligation- and every moment you’re out without it, you’re earning for yourself the wrath of Allah. Is it worth it?

5. IT’S SOOO HOT UNDER THE HIJAB!

Yes it is- maybe sometimes, but certainly not always. And remember, Hell is way hotter.
“Say: The Fire of Hell is more intense in heat if they only understand” [Sura At-Taubah 9:81]

The heat of this world is nothing in comparison to the heat of the Fire. Are you ready to face the heat of this world or the heat of Jahannam? The Sahaba women managed to cover themselves completely, from head to toe, and that was in the desert. Subhanallah! How hot can the desert sun be? And here we are, making excuses for not wearing the Hijab just because we’d have to endure a little bit of heat for a short time. Is it even justifiable?

6. I CAN’T HIDE MY BEAUTY WITH THE HIJAB! 

Firstly, the Hijab doesn’t hide your beauty. It only makes you a lot more beautiful. You know who the most beautiful woman is? She’s the one who covers herself for the sake of Allah and when you cover for the sake of Allah, that in itself, makes you a thousand times more beautiful!

Secondly, who gave you your beauty? Isn’t it a blessing from Allah? And what kind of gratitude are you showing to Allah for having blessed you with beauty when you disobey His order of the Hijab? If Allah has given you beauty, the best way of thanking Him for it is by doing what He has asked you to. 

7. I’LL WEAR THE HIJAB WHEN I’M READY 

Sisters, there’s absolutely nothing to be ‘ready’ for. Hijab is ordered in the Quran, and if you’re waiting until you’re ready to wear it, that time might never come. And is this the excuse you’re going to give Allah on the Day of Judgement when He asks you what stopped you from wearing the Hijab? Think about it.

8. NO ONE WILL MARRY ME IF I WEAR THE HIJAB 

If a man is unwilling to marry you for the simple reason that you wear the Hijab, know that that man isn’t worth marrying in the first place. Are you willing to marry a man who doesn’t want to follow the commands of Allah? A real man and a real husband would obviously want his wife to be covered in the Hijab. Don’t sacrifice your Deen for a man. And just a small note: there are plenty of men out there who are more than willing to marry a girl with the Hijab. Don’t take your hijab off just because the one you’re going to marry doesn’t want you to wear it. Again, there is absolutely no obedience to the creation in the disobedience of Allah.

9. I’D FEEL WEIRD WITH THE HIJAB

Why should you feel weird by obeying Allah? You should only feel weird when you disobey Allah!

"Islam started as something strange and it would revert to its (old position) of being strange. So good tidings for the strangers.
(Sahih Muslim, Book 1 : Hadith 270)

Sisters, there’s nothing to feel weird about with the Hijab. Remember that the Hijab is a beautiful gift for you from Allah. It helps you guard your modesty, your chastity, upholds your dignity, defines your femininity, demands respect for your womanhood and gives you a sense of liberation and security no other piece of clothing can offer. How can you feel weird when you’re wearing the most amazing dress?

10. PEOPLE WILL CALL ME A TERRORIST IF I WEAR THE HIJAB

So be it. Let people call you whatever they want. Remember that you’re doing this for Allah, not for people so don’t make the opinions of people matter. Only the opinion of Allah does. Hold tight to the rope of Allah and obey His commands- and don’t worry a bit about what people say! Let them say all they want. You’re doing what Allah has asked you to do, so stand tall and strong! You’re a Muslim woman!!!

Dear sisters, remember that no excuse comes even close to justifying your reasons for not wearing the Hijab. As a Muslimah, you're way too precious to be on display for every single man to see. All the fashionable dresses, all the glamourous make-up and jewelry and all the flashy hairstyles will please people- not Allah. And do you think it’s worth pleasing people at the cost of displeasing Allah, your Creator?

Finally, remember that the Hijab is a lot more than just a headscarf. Hijab is a way of life and it should be with you wherever you go. Wear the perfect Hijab, please Allah and give us all Muslims a reason to hold our heads high! Now go show the world that you are a Hijabi!

Source:

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by wasak(m): 8:02am On Oct 12, 2013
Oh ALLAH!!! make it easy for us to obey ur commandments...
this is one serious challenge for our sisters!!!

6 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Beetle: 8:21am On Oct 12, 2013
Salam!

It's o my bro in Islam. May ALLAH make it easy for us!
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Babadeen(m): 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
Is the hijab now by force?

Why do you have to call a woman's choice of not wearing the hijab an "excuse"

[img]http://2.bp..com/_cIUNPAo_V54/SMS1MLZfHHI/AAAAAAAABVM/CTNqq5aADeY/s400/HRHSalma.jpg[/img]

The queen of Jordan and princess of Morroco. Tell them that their choice not to wear the hijab is a silly excuse.

8 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
Nice article, though I feel more muslim women in Nigeria are beginning to wear hijab, and there is also the issue of various styles of hijab, etc.

4 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ummsulaym(f): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
well said bro... May Allah give you a better reward for the reminder...

In addition to those reasons is ''religion is in the heart and we will be judge not according to look but intention''... Before August 2012, that was my own excuse for disobeying Allah*may HE forgive me* I was a fashion freak and the though of hijab didn't just go well with me... But truth be told ''the heart that fears Allah will reflect on the outside(body)''
My second excuse was ''am better than alot of hijabis''... To some extent, it may be true but to a larger extent, it's a lie... Imagine using a hijabi sister's loophole as reason to disobey Allah as if account is not me for myself, she for herself and they for themselves...
Worse was when my 'days of ignorance' came to its end and I chose to wear it, hmmmm all hell was let loose my by mum [she wasn't against it but against the full lenght+socks], my friends, family friends, neighbours, to mention but a few were against it most esp my mum saying they cant imagine me being married to a 'brother' but worse among all was my Qur'an tutor (a sufist) who said i was extreme... It was a mini hell but my cousin sis (a nicobite) stood by me and told me it was a test and should not fail... But Alhamdulilah, Allah saw me through and today It's all history [alot are still against it though but my mum is ok] *Ma Shaa Allah*...
Wallahi, hijab comes with lots of advantages that can better be experienced than explained. The least of the advantages being 'freedom'...
It's hard to start but harder to stop... May Allah make His Path easy for us...

28 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by deols(f): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
All I read here is what a low self esteem leads to.

To others, it is simply because they don't want to wear it.

So we either work on the self esteem or work on the fear of Allah/knowledge of Islam.

3 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by deols(f): 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
ummsulaym: well said bro... May Allah give you a better reward for the reminder...

In addition to those reasons is ''religion is in the heart and we will be judge not according to look but intention''... Before August 2012, that was my own excuse for disobeying Allah*may HE forgive me* I was a fashion freak and the though of hijab didn't just go well with me... But truth be told ''the heart that fears Allah will reflect on the outside(body)''
My second excuse was ''am better than alot of hijabis''... To some extent, it may be true but to a larger extent, it's a lie... Imagine using a hijabi sister's loophole as reason to disobey Allah as if account is not me for myself, she for herself and they for themselves...
Worse was when my 'days of ignorance' came to its end and I chose to wear it, hmmmm all hell was let loose my by mum [she wasn't against it but against the full lenght+socks], my friends, family friends, neighbours, to mention but a few were against it most esp my mum saying they cant imagine me being married to a 'brother' but worse among all was my Qur'an tutor (a sufist) who said i was extreme... It was a mini hell but my cousin sis (a nicobite) stood by me and told me it was a test and should not fail... But Alhamdulilah, Allah saw me through and today It's all history [alot are still against it though but my mum is ok] *Ma Shaa Allah*...
Wallahi, hijab comes with lots of advantages that can better be experienced than explained. The least of the advantages being 'freedom'...
It's hard to start but harder to stop... May Allah make His Path easy for us...

ma sha Allah.

2 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by BahPulo(f): 5:44am On Oct 14, 2013
I used some of these excuses for years thank Alhamdulillah for knowledge
Girls always ask me what made me decide to wear hijab. my answer
'I took sometimes to read the quran'. But one more thing. I always try not to be so harsh on sisters who don't cover. My strategy has been to show them that the hijab takes courage especially these days so just start with baby steps and see how far it will take you. Example after salat leave it on or when going to Friday prayers dress the right way and keep the outfit on for the rest of the day. Also read blogs that talk about islam.... It has worked on my sister in law and my friend. So if you are a hijabi don't underestimate your influence, sometimes just your attitude can help change a sister.
I can tell you my journey has not been always smooth. I have to start my education all over in another field because my field of work won't hire me anymore. But because of a good support i found i have been able to cope alhamdulilah.

9 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by suleiman16(m): 6:36am On Oct 14, 2013
May Allah ease our path!

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by deols(f): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2013
BahPulo: I used some of these excuses for years thank Alhamdulillah for knowledge
Girls always ask me what made me decide to wear hijab. my answer
'I took sometimes to read the quran'. But one more thing. I always try not to be so harsh on sisters who don't cover. My strategy has been to show them that the hijab takes courage especially these days so just start with baby steps and see how far it will take you. Example after salat leave it on or when going to Friday prayers dress the right way and keep the outfit on for the rest of the day. Also read blogs that talk about islam.... It has worked on my sister in law and my friend. So if you are a hijabi don't underestimate your influence, sometimes just your attitude can help change a sister.
I can tell you my journey has not been always smooth. I have to start my education all over in another field because my field of work won't hire me anymore. But because of a good support i found i have been able to cope alhamdulilah.

ma sha Allah. I always like it when you tell your stories. Long time. How have you been?

Hijab is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by HSM(f): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
This was so enlightening that I thoought I'd share something from our blog:

Scarf Face!

One rainy day in October, I had a conversation while waiting for a bus at Ikoyi. The second party to this dialogue was a pimple-faced guy who exhibited considerable interest in me, until my mouth went on a little frolic of its own. The three-minute affaire du coeur went a little like this:

Guy: hello, my name is X (real name omitted)

Me: hi

Guy: may I know yours?

Me: no

Guy: why?

Me: I was just answering your question

Guy: oh…. (After some seconds) I think you’re very pretty

Me: really? Thank you

Guy: But that scarf! Aren’t you feeling hot?

Me: I could say the same for your suit. Do you need a hanky?

Guy: ha-ha…no, thank you. You know the corporate world and their strict dress code. I guess you’re a Muslim?

Me: you would be guessing right

Guy: this scarf you people wear, doesn’t it feel oppressive?

Me: wow! This coming from the guy who is sweating profusely in a suit he’s being forced to wear?

Guy: it’s not the same. How about your right to freedom of expression?

Me: Actually, it is the same. (At this point, I studied the folder in his arms and realized he was a lawyer) Um……I can’t remember what you said your name was. Take my advice and save your human rights speech for a judge who really cares to listen. Oh and by the way, it’s called hijab.

(The bus arrived at this juncture and I hopped on and then turned to wave at X)

Guy: bye, scarf face

Me: bye, pimple face!

Dear Mr. X, for the benefit of yourself and many others like you who remain trapped in the Dark Ages, I’ve decided to go against my better judgment and write about the whole ‘mystery’ surrounding hijab.

The first step is to remove your blindfold and open your eyes. Stop seeing hijab as a mere piece of cloth wrapped around the head. The hijab doesn’t ‘wrap’. Rather, it ‘covers’. Hijab is an all-encompassing term which portrays the entire aura of a Muslim woman –from her way of......

To continue reading, please visit : highstreetmuslimah.
I hope it is beneficial to us all.

Maasalam!

9 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by BahPulo(f): 12:49am On Oct 26, 2013
deols:

ma sha Allah. I always like it when you tell your stories. Long time. How have you been?

Hijab is beautiful.

Hey hone I am here and fine alhamdulilah. Hope you are well too? And you
Enjoy your eid. By the way yup hijab is beautiful!
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by true2god: 6:19am On Oct 26, 2013
The wearing of Hijab should be voluntary and not compulsory as long as the lady involved does expose her body. In Nigeria where the average temperature is over 38 degree, i dnt think its reasonable to where cloth that will make it difficult for u to get fresh air.

Besides, we Africans have our fashion style that does not involve the wearing of Hijab. Wearing Hijab is a very old Arabian fashion style sanctioned as part of official dress code for muslim ladies.

2 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by lanrexlan(m): 7:48am On Oct 26, 2013
true2god: The wearing of Hijab should be voluntary and not compulsory as long as the lady involved does expose her body. In Nigeria where the average temperature is over 38 degree, i dnt think its reasonable to where cloth that will make it difficult for u to get fresh air.

Besides,we Africans have our fashion style that does not involve the wearing of Hijab. Wearing Hijab is a very old Arabian fashion style sanctioned as part of official dress code for muslim ladies.
What's your problem with the Hijab? Are the muslim women complaining to you? In Nigeria where the temperature is over 38 degrees,you should also tell your christian brothers wearing suits to their work place to stop because the temperature is high and they need to get fresh air.Moreover,we follow the Quran and not culture if it goes against the Quran.Even the Yorubas cover themselves completely.

10 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by babylolaroy(f): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2013
lanrexlan: What's your problem with the Hijab? Are the muslim women complaining to you? In Nigeria where the temperature is over 38 degrees,you should also tell your christian brothers wearing suits to their work place to stop because the temperature is high and they need to get fresh air.Moreover,we follow the Quran and not culture if it goes against the Quran.Even the Yorubas cover themselves completely.
i really wish yu ddnt answer him. He wanted somebody to derail. you suppose don know dia type. we are discussing hija and those of us involved, dos the topic concern, those that are not gate crashing into this....perfectly love the hijab w/o complaining..please ignore every meddlesome interlopper

7 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ParisLove1: 9:21am On Oct 26, 2013
Babadeen: Is the hijab now by force?

Why do you have to call a woman's choice of not wearing the hijab an "excuse"

[img]http://2.bp..com/_cIUNPAo_V54/SMS1MLZfHHI/AAAAAAAABVM/CTNqq5aADeY/s400/HRHSalma.jpg[/img]

The queen of Jordan and princess of Morroco. Tell them that their choice not to wear the hijab is a silly excuse.

Queen of Jordan wears veil sometimes.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by 1n2n3(f): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
That awkward moment when nudity is celebrated and modesty is disregarded.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by deols(f): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
BahPulo:

Hey hone I am here and fine alhamdulilah. Hope you are well too? And you
Enjoy your eid. By the way yup hijab is beautiful!

alhamdulillah!!

You should show up more often smiley
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Logicbwoy: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
Paris_Love:

Queen of Jordan wears veil sometimes.

Sometimes? Most of her pics are without veil......

Anyhoo, let us leave this their thread ooo. like one poster above said- they wish to ignore commonsense.

Tomorrow, they will lie to our faces that hijab is not by force but today they are calling the choice not to wear hijab "excuses". cheesy
Many of the rich Arab women dont even wear hijab. Na the Africans, Asians, especially the poor ones that prefer it.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*runs from thread*

10 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ParisLove1: 12:57am On Oct 27, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Sometimes? Most of her pics are without veil......

Anyhoo, let us leave this their thread ooo. like one poster above said- they wish to ignore commonsense.

Tomorrow, they will lie to our faces that hijab is not by force but today they are calling the choice not to wear hijab "excuses". cheesy
Many of the rich Arab women dont even wear hijab. Na the Africans, Asians, especially the poor ones that prefer it.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*runs from thread*
Right behind you. My post's already been hidden. grin lipsrsealed
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by usermane(m): 4:27am On Oct 27, 2013
PEACE TO YOU ALL

Hello everyone and what a beautiful morning. Got a small token in form of an exposé please. You may thank me later.

I respect most of these girls' excuses for not wearing 'hijab' even though majority are oblivious that hijab is not obligatory. I put the quotation marks because that word in regard to dress code is not in the Qur'an at all. How do you as a person expect all women to put on that black abaya,drooping over the ground when ever they go out? Even in the heat?
See, i used to believe the hijab was an obligation. I used to listen to muslim clerics talk about it mandation by the Qur'an. But you know what gave them away, it was the verses(Qur'an 24:31, 33:59) that gave them away.

24:31 Thank GOD,the verse said,'draw your veil over your bosom', not the head. A 'veil' is a piece, that covers something. It could be wrapper, sheet,blouse e.t.c. The command is not to be covered from head to toe but to dress without revealing certain parts of their bodies that incite lust. Otherwise head, neck ears,hand could have been stated. GOD explains His verses in detail.
33:59 command women to draw their cloth or garment over their body. How again is this talking about the so called hijab?

In summary cover your bodies properly especially the parts that could incite lust or molestation like the bosom. You don't need a 'jilbaab' or 'abaya' to do this.

Hijab,Abaya and Niqab are misconceptions among muslims. Please check here for some other misconceptions:
https://www.nairaland.com/1493271/ten-misconception-among-muslims

2 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 8:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Op ur "excuses" left one one very important but saddening trend especially in the west, ASSUALTED for wearing the hijab, because the hijab easily identifies one as a muslim hence bad belle people have resorted to attacking women all because they wear the hijab.

These attacks have been rising steadily in the west, would it really be a bad excuse if a woman out of fear for her safety cease wearing the hijab? www.nairaland.com/1404516/swedes-don-headscarves-support-muslim
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ParisLove1: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2013
Another unfortunate reason could be fear of being attacked or sexually harassed by fellow muslims or those that belong in another sect.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7514567.stm

"Clerics appear on TV inciting people, telling men they have the right to touch a girl if she is not 'properly' covered up. They should be stopped and brought to account but they are not," she says.
Emphasis on the bold.
http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22402053?sa=X&ei=f9psUqyYJMHt0gWmjIDIDA&ved=0CA0QqwQ

3 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ayenny02(m): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Sissie(f): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Sissie(f): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
ayenny02:

These Hadith will clarify the fact that Sahabi women and the Ummahtul Mu’mineen covered their faces. Now tell me, if the wives and daughters of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), whom we have to follow in order to be true believing women, covered their faces, isn’t that something highly recommended? And if it’s highly recommended, shouldn’t we all be following it?

So, you can't understand the verses of the Quran untill you ask what Prophet said abt the verses and d understanding of the companions of the Prophet(SAW).

Like you said it's highly recommended, covering the face was made compulsory for them, but for other Muslim women no, so it's a thing of choice, so let me ask should we all follow it?
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ayenny02(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
usermane: PEACE TO YOU ALL

Hello everyone and what a beautiful morning. Got a small token in form of an exposé please. You may thank me later.

I respect most of these girls' excuses for not wearing 'hijab' even though majority are oblivious that hijab is not obligatory. I put the quotation marks because that word in regard to dress code is not in the Qur'an at all. How do you as a person expect all women to put on that black abaya,drooping over the ground when ever they go out? Even in the heat?
See, i used to believe the hijab was an obligation. I used to listen to muslim clerics talk about it mandation by the Qur'an. But you know what gave them away, it was the verses(Qur'an 24:31, 33:59) that gave them away.

24:31 Thank GOD,the verse said,'draw your veil over your bosom', not the head. A 'veil' is a piece, that covers something. It could be wrapper, sheet,blouse e.t.c. The command is not to be covered from head to toe but to dress without revealing certain parts of their bodies that incite lust. Otherwise head, neck ears,hand could have been stated. GOD explains His verses in detail.
33:59 command women to draw their cloth or garment over their body. How again is this talking about the so called hijab?

In summary cover your bodies properly especially the parts that could incite lust or molestation like the bosom. You don't need a 'jilbaab' or 'abaya' to do this.

Hijab,Abaya and Niqab are misconceptions among muslims. Please check here for some other misconceptions:
https://www.nairaland.com/1493271/ten-misconception-among-muslims
From ur comment and going through ur thread I realized that you don't know NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING about islam, and I'm not surprised abt ur comment because ISLAM is based on knowledge not ignorance.

Islam based on Quran and Authentic Hadith of the Prophet (SAW), and understanding of his Companions on particular verses of the Quran

I know that u have so many doubts if the Hijab and Niqab is not in Islam. let us start with these Quranic verses:

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; That they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what is apparent of it and that they should draw their veils over their bosoms.” (Surah Noor 24:31)

''O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks ("Jalabib" veils all over their bodies (screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way Tafseer Al-Qurtabi) that is most convenient that they should be known (as such) and not molested: and Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful." (Surah Al-Ahzab: 59)

This verse tells us that d beauty and ornaments should not be displayed-except that which is apparent.

No one can dispute the fact that the wives, daughters and Sahabi women covered their faces. If you don’t believe in that too, read these Sahih Hadith:

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba:

‘Aisha used to say: “When (the Verse): “They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,” was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces.”

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 282: (Sahih Bukhari)

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam.When they came near, each of us would lower her jilbaab from her head over her face, and when they passed by we would uncover (our faces).” [Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1833; Ahmad, 24067]

Narrated ‘Aisha:

Allah’s Apostle used to offer the Fajr prayer and some believing women covered with their veiling sheets used to attend the Fajr prayer with him and then they would return to their homes UNRECOGNIZED.

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 368: (Sahih Bukhari)

Aisha (RA) mentioned the women of Ansar, praised them and said good words about them. She then said: “When Surat an-Nur came down, they took the curtains, tore them and made veils from them.” [Sunann Abi Dawud Hadith No. 3577]

These Hadith will clarify the fact that Sahabi women and the Ummahtul Mu’mineen covered their faces. Now tell me, if the wives and daughters of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), whom we have to follow in order to be true believing women, covered their faces, isn’t that something highly recommended? And if it’s highly recommended, shouldn’t we all be following it?

So, you can't understand the verses of the Quran untill you ask what Prophet said abt the verses and d understanding of the companions of the Prophet(SAW)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by ayenny02(m): 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
Double post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ramadan Fasting; Saudi Arabia Announces Date For Commencement / Differences Between Angels And Jinn / 7 Beautiful Pearls Which Make A Wife Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.