Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? (845 Views)

Reply To TB Joshua's Return Of Tithe. / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2013
Some said that tithing is not suppose to be practised by the new testament believers that it is now obsolete and that it negate the message of grace brought to us by christ jesus our saviour while some argue that tithing pre-date the law hence it should be practiced. The question is: when will the issue of tithe come to an end in Nairaland?
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2013
Never....not until tithing itself stops.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ajibam: 9:09am On Oct 12, 2013
when they stop being an ignoramus and follow God's word
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Ajibam: when they stop being an ignoramus and follow God's word

Sharrap and go and do your job
https://www.nairaland.com/1447917/religion-complaints-thread-sticky/12#18759832
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Omexonomy: 9:24am On Oct 12, 2013
To me arguing with one another in a civilised maner is okey. As long their are no insult.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2013
So if the church requires 10%, with the promise that "god" will bless you with a great fortune if you give, is this simply a form of gambling; while they pass the offering plate,
I see no difference between spending #100 on some lotto tickets hoping that this time, this ticket, will result in a big win for me.
angry

1 Like

Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Gambling is a different thing entirely
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by bigtalla(m): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2013
If you believe paying your tithe will open the windows of blessings for you, please pay your tithe.. If on the other hand you think pastors are swindling followers by this means, kindly keep your money.. It is YOUR money, and you have 100% right to decide how u want to spend it.. As for me, I am convinced that it is right to pay tithe.. Since it is MY money, I choose to pay my tithe.......If you care to know, it works for me...
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Zeebah23(f): 6:42am On Oct 13, 2013
When my name disappears from this board.

Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by sweettease(f): 6:54am On Oct 13, 2013
Op congratulations! you'v succeeded in opening another thread on tithing undecided

Since am here let me answer, they preach it as a gospel(am not saying if am for or against it) and until Jesus comes, the gospel won't stop, even if the current antitithe preachers leave NL, others will replace them........so, it will never end
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 7:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Bottom line. If you believe go ahead and practice it, if you dont believe dnt practice it. Shekina!

1 Like

Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by PastorKun(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Ukuts gp: Some said that tithing is not suppose to be practised by the new testament believers that it is now obsolete and that it negate the message of grace brought to us by christ jesus our saviour while some argue that tithing pre-date the law hence it should be practiced. The question is: when will the issue of tithe come to an end in Nairaland?

It would end when all christians come to the knowledge of truth as per the subject matter and realize that as christians they are not subject to the tithe doctrine.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Is it nt confusion they ar confusing us with this tithe issue
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2013
It can never end as long as the rogues benefiting from it are still around.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ukuts gp: Gambling is a different thing entirely
How
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
Gambling gives you false hope
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ukuts gp: Gambling gives you false hope

So does tithing.

You can gamble and lose money thinking you will win
You can tithe and lose your job thinking God will make you sucessful

2 Likes

Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
What about offerings, seed of faith and first fruit?
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
So this matter will not end. Those that want to give their 10% salary let them continue and dos that are convince that tithe has nothing 2 do wit believers let them stop and let this issue die for God sake.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by PastorKun(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ukuts gp: So this matter will not end. Those that want to give their 10% salary let them continue and dos that are convince that tithe has nothing 2 do wit believers let them stop and let this issue die for God sake.

It's not as straight forward as you think, by preaching this evil doctrine tithe merchants are bringing the gospel of Christ to ridicule and they are destroying lives. There are people out there who cannot genuinely afford to pay this tithe levy yet because of fear of a fictional devourer they starve themselves to pay it. These are people these same churches should be assisting yet they turn around to exploit them. This issue has to do with foundational christian doctrine. It goes way beyond just exposing the tithe fraud.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ok, i am now beginning to see reasons why it must stop o. But why is the issue overflogged.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2013
Issue of tithe everyday na wao!
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by tpia5: 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
They've even taken it to other sections now.

I'm starting to wonder if this should be classified as a mental problem.
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: Some said that tithing is not suppose to be practised by the new testament believers that it is now obsolete and that it negate the message of grace brought to us by christ jesus our saviour while some argue that tithing pre-date the law hence it should be practiced. The question is: when will the issue of tithe come to an end in Nairaland?

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church
Re: When Will The Issue Of Tithe End In Nairaland? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:47am On Dec 26, 2013
Some people sha

(1) (Reply)

Jesus - What Kind Of Sacrifice Are You Talking About? / Is It Biblical To Be Baptized More Than Once? / Personal Names For Our Respective Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.